• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Spawn costumes

1. Default

2. Angel

3. Gunslinger

4. Unmasked

5. Commando
(I'm pretty sure this sums up 90's comics in a single image)

6. World War 2

7. Ninja

8. Medieval

(Todd McFarlane's site helped with finding the last two. Not sure what Spawn's moveset will be like, but presumably, any of them can either manifest a cape or use their wings in a similar way if needed)

On a related note, I'm pretty sure this image sums up comics from the early 60's:

silver age comics.png

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
1. Back to the 90s. Say what you will about the costumes of this era, but I honestly think they're really fun and unique looks.
2. Oddly Familiar. Honestly, this just seems really inspired and I love the ideas at play!
3. Alter Egos. Honestly, this is such a cool idea. I especially love the attention to detail with Daredevil - seems like a lot of fun!

Sorry about the lack of job stuff, I'll admit bases were covered well by the Spawn submissions already (and I know very little about the series) plus I'm awful at traditional movesets...

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Alter Egos: 1
Back to the 90's: 5
Totally Radical Threads: 9
Golden Age: 11
Oddly Familiar: 15

Congratulations to KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 and 92MilesPrower 92MilesPrower because your costume packs will be added! My Spawn costumes win by default, and we'll have the moveset jobs for the Batman Who Laughs and Spawn continue for another day, at least. (I'll see what I can come up with as the day goes on)

Job 214: nominate a boss character for one of the guest series

Whether it's someone from Spawn, Scott Pilgrim, the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles, or if you want to nominate another boss from Invincible, I figure I'd try this and see how it turns out.

Job 215: nominate themes for season 3

It seems to me like people want to continue using themes and to include guest characters in the next season (given the amount of people who participated in the guest rounds), though let me know if I'm wrong. We'll do the same as in season 2, where we nominate two themes per side (so four themes total).

My nominations are:

DC
Marvel
People of colour (I feel like we're lacking on this front in general, but it seems to stand out even more with DC, where we've only got Blue Beetle, Cyborg, and Black Adam if we include DLC)Avengers members (I feel like there's a lot of potential here, with characters like the Vision, Hawkeye (Clint Barton), Black Widow, Ant-Man, She-Hulk, etc.)
Cosmic (I realize we did a DC cosmic round as part of the first season, but there's a lot of options that we could include; we've barely touched the Lantern Corps., for example)X-Men members (I feel like we could use at least one more - characters like Phoenix, Rogue, Cable, Beast, Psylocke, Magik, etc. should get another shot)

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Apologies for basically being inactive all-day yesterday, but I finally have a full day off now so I'll try to get a lot jobs done for our recent roster additions.

Had I resubmitted Alter Egos earlier it may have had a chance, but I was particularly lazy that day. Nonetheless I definitely think it's great that we have costumes from users who normally don't win these jobs, so congratulations to the two that won!

I have a character in mind for a guest boss already, so I'll probably get that done first before I do a Spawn moveset. Originally, when I nominated Angstrom as a boss it was just for fun and because I loved the character, but if we are open to doing guest bosses as its own category for seasons I can definitely roll along with this.

I figured a discussion beforehand would've have been better than jumping straight into themes. I do agree with the idea of continuing with themes and guests but I know there are others who had different opinions; Given that this is the final season, and that these are the last set of characters we will ever add, a little more input from the thread would be involved. With that said, I won't speak on their behalf so unless they come up and say they want to do all-Wildcard rounds this seasons and/or no guests, then just carry on regardless and ignore that I just said.

I am going to hold off on my themes, though, because my nominations will change depending on the answer to this, but since this is it for the roster, would we want to go out on a bang here and have an extra character on both sides? It'd bump the season total from 8 to 10, pretty much, but this is something I want to shoot for. If we do have those extra character I'd say just to have it be wildcard rounds and leave them for the last round of the season/thread

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
#214:

Boss Name: Shredder
Boss Origin: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 (1984)

The quintessential and never-endingly brutal villain to the Turtles, Shredder is the leader of the villainous force known as the Foot Clan and acts as the series' central antagonist throughout almost all TMNT media - even to the modern day. Notable for his mix of incredible defence and offence with his blade-covered armour and incredible fighting prowess, this horrific force of nature is sure to use his power to destroy anyone that stands in his way. As for how he'd fight - he has elements of the archetypical fighting game antagonist - high damage output with frighteningly fast moves and a surprisingly high range overall - though in his case it's moreso his speed that lets him down as opposed to a lack of defence. As for the reward for beating him? I think a solid one could be a unique costume for the Turtles (similarly to Angstrom for Invincible) - one being based on their original comic appearances sounds like a cool idea to me at least.

#215:

D.C. ComicsMarvel Comics
Acquisition Inquisition
Submit a character that DC acquired in the past! This'd extend to Fawcett, Charlton and Quality overall - but there's also a couple of interesting outliers that fit here. It's a surprisingly good role for some unusual picks to see the light of day, though there's still some popular inclusions amongst their ranks!​
What If?...
Submit a character, or an alternate form of a character, that originated from (or prominently featured in) a What If?... comic. I originally considered an Elseworlds-focused one for this, but I think there's a surprising amount of potential with this specific concept - plus, it's a great way for inspired picks!​
Vertigo/Black Label
This would be focused on either characters with prominent stories in these imprints (such as Animal Man, Swamp Thing and Doom Patrol), or on all-new books for Vertigo such as V for Vendetta. Even if I don't personally think Watchmen content should be included, yes, this would be your chance to.​
Beyond Human
Submit a character who isn't human. This can extend to alien races, Inhumans, monsters, machines - so long as it's not a living, breathing human (or mutant!), it's on the table. This may seem like an unusual prompt, but you'd be surprised how open-ended it can be if you get a little creative!​

I think this covers quite a lot of bases and leaves a lot of breathing room for some unique and interesting inclusions across the board - especially with Vertigo/Black Label, given we already have Constantine - and it gives some interesting space for different, less conventional picks. I know that they might seem like more unusual picks, but I also think that Season 3 of DLC gives a good opportunity for some more inspired picks anyways and really allows a lot of experimentation with things like movesets and such.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Apologies for basically being inactive all-day yesterday, but I finally have a full day off now so I'll try to get a lot jobs done for our recent roster additions.

Had I resubmitted Alter Egos earlier it may have had a chance, but I was particularly lazy that day. Nonetheless I definitely think it's great that we have costumes from users who normally don't win these jobs, so congratulations to the two that won!

I have a character in mind for a guest boss already, so I'll probably get that done first before I do a Spawn moveset. Originally, when I nominated Angstrom as a boss it was just for fun and because I loved the character, but if we are open to doing guest bosses as its own category for seasons I can definitely roll along with this.

I figured a discussion beforehand would've have been better than jumping straight into themes. I do agree with the idea of continuing with themes and guests but I know there are others who had different opinions; Given that this is the final season, and that these are the last set of characters we will ever add, a little more input from the thread would be involved. With that said, I won't speak on their behalf so unless they come up and say they want to do all-Wildcard rounds this seasons and/or no guests, then just carry on regardless and ignore that I just said.

I am going to hold off on my themes, though, because my nominations will change depending on the answer to this, but since this is it for the roster, would we want to go out on a bang here and have an extra character on both sides? It'd bump the season total from 8 to 10, pretty much, but this is something I want to shoot for. If we do have those extra character I'd say just to have it be wildcard rounds and leave them for the last round of the season/thread
I was thinking something along the same lines, so I can make some polls to see what people think:

I can see the upsides and downsides of both themes and guests.

-if we include themes, it allows us to include characters that might normally get overlooked in favour of the big names

-however, there are plenty of big names or characters who just barely missed out in previous rounds that we don't have, or characters who don't fit nicely into any given theme

-people seem to like the idea of guest characters, given the amount of nominations that those rounds have gotten

-not having the guest characters means more chances for Marvel and DC characters to be included

I might have jumped into the theme nominations too quickly; sorry about that.

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I was thinking something along the same lines, so I can make some polls to see what people think:

-if we include themes, it allows us to include characters that might normally get overlooked in favour of the big names

-however, there are plenty of big names or characters who just barely missed out in previous rounds that we don't have, or characters who don't fit nicely into any given theme

-people seem to like the idea of guest characters, given the amount of nominations that those rounds have gotten

-not having the guest characters means more chances for Marvel and DC characters to be included

May I suggest, then, that one or two rounds just... don't have themes? It could be a good way to see the benefits of both!

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
This character ended up being nominated but I'll continue with my write-up.

Job 214: Guest Boss
THE SHREDDER
Alias: Oroku Saki
First Appearance: Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles #1 (May, 1984)

Shredder was actually an idea I had for his own playable character, but I don't think I'll nominate him as I doubt people would want to have another TMNT character in favor of the other popular Guest nominees.
However, as a boss character? Absolutely I'll vouch for his inclusion! He's one of the most iconic comic book villains of all-time, and has tons of Source Material for his own moveset. Speaking of which...

General Playstyle
Shredder, being a master ninja, is patient yet powerful. He will initially start out slow, calculating the player's moves and playing defensively. Over the course of the match, Shredder will begin to unleash his rage as he lets out attack after attack, increasing in speed and damage. Shredder does not hold back and will do everything in his vast power to kill you, relying on powerful one hit attacks and bleed effects to apply maximum damage.
The player's best chance against Shredder is to play defensively whilst he is attacking, blocking and focusing on movement as his attacks go out of reach, and hitting blindspots in his forms and when Shredder leaves himself open in between exhausting attacks.

Unique Ability 1 - Master of the Foot Clan
Shredder gets into a kneeling pose as he begins to call upon the true power of Ninjutsu
This afflicts a red glow over Shredder, indicating that he has now been buffed for the next several attacks. What's unique about this is that Shredder can stack his own buffs, making him a forced to be reckoned with, as each buff will increase his overall power.

1 Buff - Shredder's attack damage is increased
2 Stacked Buffs - Shredder's attack speed is increased
3 Stacked Buffs - Shredder can perform Power Stab
4 Stacked Buffs - Shredder's light bleed effects become moderate bleed effects
5 Stacked Buffs (Final) - Shredder now has temporary superarmor

Unique Ability 2 (Passive) - No Mercy
Shredder does 3-5% extra damage for every hit landed whilst the player is bleeding

Special Move NameDescription
Master of StealthShredder throws down a smoke bomb that engulfs him entirely, and once the smoke fades the player finds that he has disappeared.
At any point, Shredder will reappear in another cloud of Smoke and strike the player when they least expect it
Razor SharpShredder throws out a set of 5 Ninja stars in quick fashion, each one having a chance of applying light bleed
Kunai StrikeShredder lashes out a Kunai attached to a rope that attaches itself to the player, applying light bleed, and then pulls them inward for a follow-up attack
Strong Guard (Parry)Shredder blocks himself with his gauntlets in front; Any projectile or physical attack will be blocked, and Shredder is now open to follow-up with an attack.
Spinning Sword SlashWith a sword in hand, Shredder quickly spins it around as he moves across the screen in a multi-hit attack, applying light bleed
Upper-SlashShredder gets in position with his sword in front and jumps high into the air, with the sword carrying the opponent if they are caught in it at any point
This move blocks any projectiles while he is in the air
Power Stab (Supercharged Move)A move only available only when Shredder is in his buffed mode, Shredder charges up a powerful sword strike, inflicting a red glow on his sword, and then stabs the ground in front of him; This creates a shockwave on top of the initial attack
Infinite StaminaTaking place in between powerful attacks, Shredder will get in a defensive form as he catches his breath and rebuilds his stamina. While this may seem like an opportune time to lay an attack, Shredder will be prepared and try to dodge the incoming attack.

Super Move NameDescription
Blind RageShredder runs across the screen doing repeated strikes with his gauntlet, essentially being an unstoppable force as he moves along. The attack ends with a dual gauntlet slash, applying a moderate bleed effect
Fatal StrikeShredder lunges across the stage and stabs the player, then extends his claws for a deeper cut
This inflicts a heavy bleed effect
The Sato Oshi Strike (Cinematic)This

Reward: TBD; This will be easier to figure out once we get through the TMNT content
---​

It's not that big a deal; It's better that we're getting both done in the same day, that way Season 3 is quickly prepped up.
Also, on the topic of Guests, I feel like it should be a definite yes to have more. They've been the most participated in rounds across the entire thread, and it's very clear from the past nominations that there are plenty, plenty of options left to explore. The 4 we have, while all justified, are also really just the most expected ones anyhow, and now that they've all been dealt with I think a Guest Round 3 will have a lot more room to breath with variety and unique picks.

May I suggest, then, that one or two rounds just... don't have themes? It could be a good way to see the benefits of both!
Also, this is exactly my line of thought. Particularly, if it is decided that Season 3 will have those extra characters, the last round can be a Wildcard, so as to be a bonus catch-all round for the characters people feel missed the boat the most; Plus, it's the best consolation for those who don't want themes.

I voted to have themes; While it may benefit the big names more to do Wildcards, there are still big names that can be done in other themes that would also have a higher chance in that themed round than in a Wildcard. Right now I'm proposing that the line-up be:

• DC/Marvel Theme 1
  • DC/Marvel Theme 2
  • DC/Marvel Theme 3
  • Guest Round
  • DC/Marvel Wildcard

Wildcard is placed last because it feels fitting for the thread to end on a DC and Marvel round rather than Guests. Putting the Wildcard after the themes also helps as we can get certain names out the way and it makes for a less crowded final round.
Speaking of which, now that I've got all that out the way, it's the perfect time for me to nominate my themes.

Job 215: Season 3 Themes

Horror/Supernatural (Both)
It's Halloween season, so now is the perfect time to finally pitch this round!
Obviously, this isn't just to commemorate with the Holiday, but rather because this is a huge category for both companies that has not been properly explored on our roster. I mean, we have Constantine, but that's about it. While this side of comics is pretty niche, it is the type of niche that deserves massive recognition due to it's uniqueness and fanbase, and for the legacy it has built up in comics; Horror and Monster comics were huge when both companies started and from there they have both made a catalogue of unique and iconic characters that likely will never get nominated in the other rounds due to how distinctive they are. However, that also makes them perfect for a theme of their own.​
Solomon Grundy
Swamp Thing
Blade
Screen Shot 2022-10-24 at 5.16.44 PM.jpg
Elsa Bloodstone
Sandman Characters
Spectre
Werewolf by Night
Black Knight

Anti-Heroes DC & People of Color (Marvel)
Since Megadoomer has already nominated PoC for DC, I'll go ahead and nominated another DC round I want to happen: Anti-Heroes. And honestly the category speaks for itself. Anti-Heroes is basically it's own type of genre and character archetype that's huge in the Superhero world, for obvious reasons, and while our roster has quite a few already, DC is famous for these types of characters and it would be perfect to take a look at some of the other popular ones; Hell, quite a few of them have never been nominated before!

As for Marvel, People of Color really fits. This past season we've only had 1 PoC, that being Spawn, and while skin color isn't a focus for our nominations, we do tend to overlook popular characters and unique ideas in favor of caucasian or non-human characters, which I don't think is healthy to keep doing. Diversity has been a huge driving point for both companies since they started introducing colored characters, so rounds dedicated to them feels very justified, and our options are very open should we follow through.​
Peacemaker
Red Hood
Shang-Chi
Falcon
Lobo
Bloodsport
Nick Fury
Moon Knight
---​
I'm going to work on Spawn's moveset later tonight. Expect it before tomorrow

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I came back!, phew, it was quite a harsh trip but hey, I'm free!

Welp, sadly I didn't had the time to post my costume submissions for Spawn, but I think the selection is pretty good. It's late rn so I will not post my movesets for both Spawn and BWL today but tomorrow I will give my best for it. I also have something in mind for a guest boss but I want to ask if it would be possible have a boss that doesn't come from Spawn/TMNT/Invincible/Scott Pilgrim. Megadoomer Megadoomer

For the final season (I reminded that we had in mind the option for a 4th season pass but apparently everyone agrees that this should be the final season something that I'm ok with it) I think it's good idea have 10 characters with the additional 2 being wildcards.

Now moving for jobs suggestions...

MARVEL & DC - STREET LEVEL CHARACTERS
Has I said earlier in my thoughs about Season 2, a Street Level job was something asked long time ago, well, it's time to finally have it!, note how I say "character" instead of "hero", so the idea is have any class of character from either Marvel or DC whose main setting are the streets. Here are examples for both companies.
Punisher
Iron Fist
Luke Cage
Jessica Jones
1666667914912.png
Shang-Chi
Moon Knight
Typhoid Mary
Bullseye
1666668733178.png
Red Hood
Batgirls (any)
Huntress
Azrael
Bane
Katana
Sandman
(the other Sandman)
Chesire
1666670326189.jpeg
1666670469137.png

MARVEL - MAGIC USER
The Magic Side of Marvel is a part of Marvel that it was quite overlooked in the roster, in the previous Magic round the job was basically "let's put Scarlet Witch right now", since that isn't an inconvenient now I think we can have more variate nominations like these ones:
MAGIK
DORMAMMU
MORGAN LE FAY
HELA
1666707283621.png
NICO MINORU
MEPHISTO
BLACK KNIGHT
WICCAN
DC - TEEN TITANS/YOUNG JUSTICE MEMBER
We can have some more "New Faces" in the roster, or well more than new faces, some younger characters. Our TT lineup is already strong tbf but more wouldn't hurt.
STARFIRE
AQUALAD
BEAST BOY
RED ROBIN
1666707790963.png
SUPERBOY
WONDER GIRL
TERRA
IMPULSE

Attachments

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I came back!, phew, it was quite a harsh trip but hey, I'm free!

Welp, sadly I didn't had the time to post my costume submissions for Spawn, but I think the selection is pretty good. It's late rn so I will not post my movesets for both Spawn and BWL today but tomorrow I will give my best for it. I also have something in mind for a guest boss but I want to ask if it would be possible have a boss that doesn't come from Spawn/TMNT/Invincible/Scott Pilgrim. Megadoomer Megadoomer
I feel like it's going to depend on who the boss winds up being, but I think I'll allow it; either this current round isn't very inspiring or, out of the four series that are in the game, the Shredder is a clear favourite. (since he's the only one who's been nominated so far)

---

I'd normally try to nominate something for these moveset jobs, but I haven't read anything featuring Spawn or the Batman Who Laughs, so it would be half-hearted at best. (with the Batman Who Laughs, I don't have a justification for it since I have a subscription to DC's digital comics app/service, but I'm not sure where to start with the character)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
(with the Batman Who Laughs, I don't have a justification for it since I have a subscription to DC's digital comics app/service, but I'm not sure where to start with the character)
You can directly hop to Dark Knight Metal and just see some video for context of his origin, tbf the BWL is a character that was quickly overused and his main function was set the plot for the start of Infinite Frontier.

D

Deleted member

2DKrang.jpg

Krang
Another iconic TMNT villian. Fighters must attack the mutant in the middle. He'll summon robots, shoot missiles, and slam down on the stage. Beating him unlocks costumes for the TMNT based on the 80s cartoon.

Wonder Woman Villian
Diana is the third member of the trinity and doesn't have any sort of second rep yet.

Lantern Corps Member
These guys keep being mentioned, so why not give them their own round.

MCU character
Give us chance to add major characters who have missed out on previous rounds.

Submit a Spider-Man related character.
Spider-Man is Marvel's biggest IP. This woupd probably be a villian but I left it like this so we have the option to also do ally characters like Black Cat.

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
SPAWN MOVESET
General Playstyle
Spawn is a heavyweight damage dealer, focused on going all-out whilst also micromanaging powerful yet limited attacks.

Unique Ability - Hellish Energy
Spawn's costume is a living organism that feeds off of the necroplasm in Spawn's body, which was given to him by Malebolgia as he was cursed with the powers of a Hellspawn.
In battle, Spawn can draw upon his own power reserves from which the costume feeds, amplifying his special attacks if they UA button is pressed during the attack input.
Spawn's power reserve is on a counter of 9:9:9:9, which drains significantly every time he amplifies an attack, making his power limited in use forcing the player to fight smart and not waste the abilities.

Special Move NameInputDescription
Guns and Ammo (Anti-Air)Back, Forward + X (+ UA)Spawn fires a pair of semi-automatic rifles diagonally across the screen

Amplified: The bullets are boosted with necroplasm, dealing extra damage
Hell ChainQCB + X (+ UA)A chain flies out of Spawn's cloak and stabs the opponent

Amplified: Three Chains fly out instead of one, dealing three times the damage
Necro BurstQCF + X (+ UA)Spawn fires a charge of necroplasm energy blasts from his hands as a projectile

Amplified: The blasts do explosive damage
Heavy WeaponryHCB + X (+ UA)Spawn sways his cloak across and transforms it into a Battle Axe, which he swings twice in a two-hit attack

Amplified: The Axe applies a bleed effect
Raising HellDown, Down + X (+ UA)Spawn reaches into the ground and pulls out a chain, with a pool of necroplasm forming in it's place. This is a long range move with the chain having an extended reach

Amplified: Pulling the chain creates an explosion
Sins of the DeadDP + X (+ UA)Spawn summons a pair of giant, undead limbs which rise from the ground and attempt to grab the opponent, holding them in place

Amplified: The hands crush the opponent in place, dealing their own damage
Everywhere at Once (Grab)HCF + X (+ UA)Spawn teleports right into the opponent's face as he grabs them, with chains reaching from his cloak to stab them whilst they're in his grip

Amplified: Spawn creates spikes from out of his suit as he grabs the opponent, dealing extra damage

Super Move NameInputDescription
Taste of Lead2QCF + XSpawn spreads his cloak out to reveal an army's worth of guns, and completely barrages the opponent in heavy bullet-fire
Vast Power2QCB + XSpawn unlocks the true power of Malebolgia and enters a state where his counter will not go down for a limited time, indicated by a green glow
Malebolgia's Regards (Cinematic)All Buttons PressedSpawn performs a Hell Chain attack - If it lands, the cinematic plays and Spawn stabs the opponent with multiple chains
While the opponent is held in place, Spawn begins unloading two fully loaded Automatic Rifles, before finally getting bored and opening a portal to Hell; he drops them in, and Malebolgia appears before them, engulfing them in flames and dealing an untold amount of torture.
Another portal opens and the opponent back onto the field, having witnessed the pure horror of Hell and it's demons firsthand
---​
While I did say I'd do trading cards, they are very time consuming, so they'll have to wait until I'm free later today.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
SPAWN MOVESET
General Playstyle
Spawn is a heavyweight damage dealer, focused on going all-out whilst also micromanaging powerful yet limited attacks.

Unique Ability - Hellish Energy
Spawn's costume is a living organism that feeds off of the necroplasm in Spawn's body, which was given to him by Malebolgia as he was cursed with the powers of a Hellspawn.
In battle, Spawn can draw upon his own power reserves from which the costume feeds, amplifying his special attacks if they UA button is pressed during the attack input.
Spawn's power reserve is on a counter of 9:9:9:9, which drains significantly every time he amplifies an attack, making his power limited in use forcing the player to fight smart and not waste the abilities.

Special Move NameInputDescription
Guns and Ammo (Anti-Air)Back, Forward + X (+ UA)Spawn fires a pair of semi-automatic rifles diagonally across the screen

Amplified: The bullets are boosted with necroplasm, dealing extra damage
Hell ChainQCB + X (+ UA)A chain flies out of Spawn's cloak and stabs the opponent

Amplified: Three Chains fly out instead of one, dealing three times the damage
Necro BurstQCF + X (+ UA)Spawn fires a charge of necroplasm energy blasts from his hands as a projectile

Amplified: The blasts do explosive damage
Heavy WeaponryHCB + X (+ UA)Spawn sways his cloak across and transforms it into a Battle Axe, which he swings twice in a two-hit attack

Amplified: The Axe applies a bleed effect
Raising HellDown, Down + X (+ UA)Spawn reaches into the ground and pulls out a chain, with a pool of necroplasm forming in it's place. This is a long range move with the chain having an extended reach

Amplified: Pulling the chain creates an explosion
Sins of the DeadDP + X (+ UA)Spawn summons a pair of giant, undead limbs which rise from the ground and attempt to grab the opponent, holding them in place

Amplified: The hands crush the opponent in place, dealing their own damage
Everywhere at Once (Grab)HCF + X (+ UA)Spawn teleports right into the opponent's face as he grabs them, with chains reaching from his cloak to stab them whilst they're in his grip

Amplified: Spawn creates spikes from out of his suit as he grabs the opponent, dealing extra damage

Super Move NameInputDescription
TBDTBDTBD
TBDTBDTBD
Malebolgia's Regards (Cinematic)All Buttons PressedSpawn performs a Hell Chain attack - If it lands, the cinematic plays and Spawn stabs the opponent with multiple chains
While the opponent is held in place, Spawn begins unloading two fully loaded Automatic Rifles, before finally getting bored and opening a portal to Hell; he drops them in, and Malebolgia appears before them, engulfing them in flames and dealing an untold amount of torture.
Another portal opens and the opponent back onto the field, having witnessed the pure horror of Hell and it's demons firsthand
---​
While I did say I'd do trading cards, they are very time consuming, so they'll have to wait until I'm free later today.
This is a very interesing way to include the Injustice/MK style EX Moves not gonna lie.

I could suggest maybe for one of his Super Moves he could summon multiple weapons from his cape and shoot a barrage of bullets.
1666714013677.png

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
This is a very interesing way to include the Injustice/MK style EX Moves not gonna lie.

I could suggest maybe for one of his Super Moves he could summon multiple weapons from his cape and shoot a barrage of bullets.
View attachment 362689
I forgot to mention it but the moveset is directly inspired by Mortal Kombat; the Raising Hell move is pulled right from the game
But it also fits Spawn's character specifically because having a limited power source was a huge part of his abilities when he first started out. The 9:9:9:9 counter is used verbatim in the comics, as well

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'll give time for PinkFlare PinkFlare to finish their Spawn moveset, and to give others more time to make a Spawn moveset if they want to. For the Batman Who Laughs' moveset, we'll treat it on a first-come first-served basis.

I'm glad I did the polls yesterday, because that cleared things up. Season 3 will have ten characters, with the first eight being a similar set-up to the previous seasons (three DC, three Marvel, and two guest characters), with the two characters on the end being a wildcard round. The other Marvel and DC rounds will have themes, which we'll vote on out of the following:

DC
Marvel
People of colourPeople of colour
CosmicBeyond Human (non-human/mutant)
Horror/supernaturalHorror/supernatural
Street Level characterStreet Level character
Anti-HeroWhat-If?
Acquisition InquisitionMagic user
Vertigo/Black LabelMCU character
Lantern Corps. memberSpider-Man related character
Teen Titans/Young Justice memberAvengers member
Wonder Woman villainX-Men member

I probably could have organized them better, but I tried to group them with broader themes on the top and series-specific themes on the bottom.

Vote for your top three on each side (three for Marvel and three for DC). You can put your nominations in any spot, and the top three per side will get in.

DC:

1. Horror/supernatural
2. People of colour
3. Teen Titans/Young Justice member

Marvel:

1. Magic user
2. Avengers member
3. MCU character

---

Here are our nominations for the guest boss:

guest bosses.png

-Shredder
-Krang

We'll have a poll for this one:

---

It's fitting how the guest boss nominations turned out, given my plans for today's jobs.

Job 216: nominate a moveset for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

As usual, this will be open for two or three days. Unlike with Spawn, I'm familiar with the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles (even if it's mostly through the 80's/90's comics), so I'll post something for this one.

Job 217: nominate a stage for the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Any location from any iteration of TMNT can work here.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I was working for a moveset for Giden from Scott Pilgrim or The Adversary from Fables. But in the end I desist, I still don't have the time but I will try to do the BWL moveset. I think 1SecondNinja's roster is solid so I will desist with that too.

Voting time:
Marvel:
  1. X-Men
  2. Street Level
  3. Horror/Supernatural

DC;
  1. Horror/Supernatural
  2. Anti-Hero
  3. Street Level

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I won't be able to post for a few hours but my planned nomination for the TMNT stage is the Turtle Lair, which do a write-up for later.

DC
1. People of Color
2. Anti-Hero
3. Street Level

Marvel
1. X-Men
2. Horror/Supernatural
3. Beyond Human

Votes were a little tough, mostly due to me having a different preference for the categories this time around.
I think these are the best and most far-reaching options for both sides, though

Edit: Also, yeah, I would've voted for The Adversary from Fables. That sounds sick.
Maybe next season

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
TMNT stage nomination:

Big Apple, 3 A.M.

The stage takes place on a mostly-deserted Times Square, though it's still lit up like a Christmas tree. Much like Jason and the Muppets before them, the Turtles are taking Manhattan!

Ads will be either generic products or for products/movies/networks from Marvel or DC, like an ad for one of Wonder Man's movies. Background cameos are from the characters that everyone would probably expect:

Splinter

April O'Neil

Casey Jones

The Shredder

Krang

Bebop

Rocksteady

Baxter Stockman

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Actually, I do have time; Sorry for the inconsistent posting

Job 217: TMNT Stage
THE TURTLE LAIR
While Times Square is an excellent pick, I don't think any location is as closely associated to the Heroes in a Half-Shell than their own home! It's easily a neat way to sneak in cheeky easter eggs to the comics and series! Plus, it's only fitting that there is heavy Sewer imagery in the stage somewhere!

As for cameos, since we already have two key villains as nominations for bosses, I went less villain heavy and focused on recurring allies of the TMNT, ranging from icons like April O'Neil to members of the Mighty Mutanimals! (And of course the Turtles not present in the match would appear in the background as well)

1. Master Splinter
2. April O'Neil
3. Casey Jones
4. Leatherhead
5. The Turtle Van
6. Mondo Gecko
7. Dreadmon
8. Attack of the Rat King!

Every now and then, The Rat King, a recurring enemy of the TMNT, would crawl his way through the sewers and unleash an army of Rats on the Lair, forcing the allies in the background to fight them off!

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

11299182213_32d913bbf6_b.jpg

Dimension X
Players fight in front of the technodrome inside Krang's home dimension. Various TMNT villians appear, and if the Turtles aren't in play then perhaps they could attack it.

1. Street Level
2. Supernatural
3. X-Men

1. POC
2. Anti Hero
3. Wonder Woman villian

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
I'll give time for PinkFlare PinkFlare to finish their Spawn moveset, and to give others more time to make a Spawn moveset if they want to. For the Batman Who Laughs' moveset, we'll treat it on a first-come first-served basis.

I'm glad I did the polls yesterday, because that cleared things up. Season 3 will have ten characters, with the first eight being a similar set-up to the previous seasons (three DC, three Marvel, and two guest characters), with the two characters on the end being a wildcard round. The other Marvel and DC rounds will have themes, which we'll vote on out of the following:

DC
Marvel
People of colourPeople of colour
CosmicBeyond Human (non-human/mutant)
Horror/supernaturalHorror/supernatural
Street Level characterStreet Level character
Anti-HeroWhat-If?
Acquisition InquisitionMagic user
Vertigo/Black LabelMCU character
Lantern Corps. memberSpider-Man related character
Teen Titans/Young Justice memberAvengers member
Wonder Woman villainX-Men member

I probably could have organized them better, but I tried to group them with broader themes on the top and series-specific themes on the bottom.

Vote for your top three on each side (three for Marvel and three for DC). You can put your nominations in any spot, and the top three per side will get in.
D.C. Comics
1. Street-Level Character. This would be a really fun thing to see overall, especially considering how many interesting picks this opens the door to and some of the potentially really cool inclusions we could see! Not much to add really, this just makes for a really cool inclusion.
2. Teen Titans/Young Justice Members. Honestly, this would be very cool. Both groups have a surprisingly wide variety of picks to pull from, and seeing some of DC's younger characters in the fray could be incredibly fun.
3. Cosmic. I think this expands a lot of the ideas at play during the Starro round that allows for a few cool picks - as well as opening the door to the Lanterns as a cool addition to that.

Honourable mention to Wonder Woman Villains, it's a really cool prompt that came close to landing on my list but given the most prominent villains in the role are either Cheetah or Ares, it kind of limits the pool of "obvious picks" (to me at least.)

Marvel Comics
1. Spider-Man-Related. I'm aware Spidey gets a lot of love in media as a whole, but I do think he genuinely earns another spot here somehow or another. He has so many iconic characters related to him that Sony felt it was a good idea to make a cinematic universe based on that concept alone - which is kinda cool!
2. Avengers Member. I seem to remember a joke that supposedly suggested nearly everyone has been an Avenger at some point. Thing is, there's so many Avengers lineups from history that'd be awesome to represent - and with the opportunity for interesting picks, I think this'd be cool!
3. Beyond Human. Self-vote, but I think this opens the door to a lot of potential inclusions. Aliens! Monsters! Machines! Plenty of interesting characters could get in using this prompt that might not get the chance otherwise - and this could be a good place to see some inspired picks.

Honourable mention (again!) to the MCU picks, which I do think would be pretty interesting to see as a method of filling out some popular picks that we haven't seen yet - however, it just missed out for me. (I ended up replacing it with "Avengers members" because honestly, there's a surprising amount of overlap.)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles moveset

Unique Ability: Heroes in a Half Shell - this ability switches between the four turtles as they jump on or off-screen, cycling through them in the order that they're mentioned in the 80's/90's theme song. (Leonardo --> Donatello --> Raphael --> Michelangelo --> Leonardo) The way I see it, each turtle would be selectable as a costume so you could start as whoever you want, though this would mean that the Turtles would only have two costumes each as a result. (plus whatever they get for beating the boss challenge that wins)

(EDIT: The turtle who enters the screen could have a different attack when they enter it, whether it's something like Michelangelo sliding along the ground or Leonardo leaping down to slash at the opponent, so that the player isn't left open when switching)

Each turtle will have different specials, though their supers will overlap. As a result, this moveset might get long, so bare with me. I figured giving them unique specials would help them to stand out, given their different weapons and personalities. (also, I borrowed some moves from TMNT: Tournament Fighters)

---

LEONARDO SPECIALS

(Leonardo is an all-rounder - he doesn't have the best range, speed, or strength, but he's well-balanced in that regard, not having any obvious weaknesses. Out of the four turtles, he's the most basic - basically a Shoto character like Ryu)

Sewer Shock Wave (quarter circle forward + attack) - Leonardo slashes his sword along the ground, creating a small shockwave that travels along the floor.

Endless Screw (quarter circle back + attack) - Leonardo holds his swords out and spins like a propeller; his left and right movement can be controlled as he's spinning

Roto Cutter (Shoryuken motion + attack) - Leonardo leaps into the air, spinning vertically with his arms and swords outstretched as he does so.

Patience Pays Off (down, down, attack) - a counter where Leonardo takes a deep breath while holding his sword at his side; if his opponent hits him while he's doing this, he draws his sword with blinding speed, countering the attack. Otherwise, he goes back into his neutral stance.

---

DONATELLO SPECIALS

(Donatello's got the longest range out of the turtles, as to be expected, but a lot of his attacks are slower as a result. He's a trickier character with access to some traps)

From All Angles (press an attack button repeatedly) - Donatello repeatedly jabs forward with his staff, much like E. Honda's Hundred Hand Slap from Street Fighter II.

Shock Cannon (quarter circle forward + attack) - Donnie cobbles together a cannon out of junk and fires a ball of electricity; the attack button that's used determines the angle of the attack, with the heavier versions being aimed slightly higher

Testudines Takedown (down, up, attack) - Donatello leaps into the air, drawing his bo staff and slamming it into the ground as he comes down.

Short Circuit (down, down, attack) - Donatello places a pylon that is sparking with electricity. It's normally harmless, but placing a second pylon causes a bolt of electricity to launch from one to the other for a split second, causing the opponent to take damage and be stunned for longer than most attacks and destroying the pylons. The pylons can also be destroyed if an enemy attacks them.

---

RAPHAEL SPECIALS

(Raphael's attacks are powerful but have very short range, forcing him to get up close and personal - just the way he likes it. As a result, I made him more of a grappler character)

Power Drill (back, forward, attack) - Raphael flies forward while spinning with his sais held in front of him, similar to M. Bison's Psycho Crusher.

German Suplex (quarter circle back + attack) - trying out some moves that he saw on pro wrestling, Raphael lunges forward to grab at the opponent. If he connects, he lifts the opponent into the air, leaning backwards in order to slam them into the ground, while Raphael lands on his shell. (I don't know much about wrestling, so I'm not sure how to describe some of the moves; I just figured that being a grappler would be a good fit for Raph)

Rude Rushdown (quarter circle forward + attack) - another grab, where Raphael knocks the opponent to the ground and stabs them repeatedly with his sais.

The Turtle's Elbow (down, up, attack) - Raph leaps into the air before performing an elbow drop on whoever was in front of him.

---

MICHELANGELO SPECIALS

(Michelangelo's attacks are fast but weak, and he's a lot goofier than the other three. He has some Rekka moves like Fei Long, mixed with some of the unpredictability of characters like Voldo from Soul Calibur)

Just Like Bruce! (quarter circle forward + attack) - Michelangelo does his best Bruce Lee impersonation, spinning the nunchucks around himself as a form of attack and defense. This move can be extended by pressing quarter circle forward and attack at the right time, though this only works three times in total - the move finishes off with Mikey messing up and hitting himself with the nunchucks, though it doesn't damage him any.

Rising Dragon! (Shoryuken motion + attack) - Michelangelo leaps into the air with a flying uppercut, spinning his nunchucks like a propeller blade.

Garlic Breath! (back, forward, attack) - Mikey takes a deep breath before exhaling, letting a cloud of bad breath from the extra-garlic pizza that he just had. The odor doesn't damage the opponent, but it does deal extra hit stun, leaving them open for Mikey's quicker attacks

Party, Dude! (quarter circle back + attack) - Mikey shows off his break-dancing moves. Ducking into his shell, he spins around on his back, sliding under high/medium-height projectiles and moving closer to the opponent. If he rams into the opponent, he damages them. The light version has him stay in place, while the medium and heavy versions have him move forwards with varying distance.

Shred Those Rails! (down, down, attack) - Michelangelo pulls out a skateboard and gets on it, which slowly moves him forward. While in this state, he can have several different inputs:
-down causes him to put the skateboard away
-light attack causes him to do a kickflip, with the board flying out from under him and serving as a projectile
-medium attack causes him to leap forward, grabbing the board out from under himself and using it to smack the opponent. This lets him dodge low attacks.
-heavy attack causes him to push himself forward, ramming into the opponent. This has one hit of super armour

---

SUPERS (All)

Level 1: Shell Shock (half circle forward + attack)
- the turtle that's being played as turns around and leaps at the opponent shell-first, ramming into them before launching their opponent into the air with a flying multi-hit uppercut.

Level 2: Pizza Time! (half circle back + attack) - the turtle pulls out a box of pizza and chows down, restoring some health

Level 2: Radical Rat (quarter circle forward x2 + attack) - Splinter appears from the shadows, dashing ahead to claw at the opponent if they're in his way. Once Splinter reaches the end of his dash, he and the turtle bow to each other, with each one having a different comment on Splinter's appearance.
Leo: "Thank you master, I'm honoured."
Donnie: "That was incredible, Master Splinter!"
Raph: "I could've done that myself, but thanks."
Mikey: "Whoa! Master, where'd you come from?"

Level 3: Turtle Power! (press all buttons) - the Turtle Van drives by, with April driving it, as the turtle who's currently active grabs onto the side of it. If it connects, a cutscene begins where the opponent is launched into the air. All four turtles are hanging on the side of the van now, and they leap into the air after the opponent, drawing their weapons. The fight is now in the back alleys of New York City, where the turtles leap off of the sides of buildings, taking turns knocking the opponents higher and higher into the air. Eventually, the opponent passes in front of a full moon, where in a series of blurs (moving surprisingly fast for turtles), the turtles dash by the opponent, smacking them repeatedly, before they leap above the opponent. All four turtles hit the enemy at once, sending them slamming towards the ground and through an open manhole, ending the super.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Spawn moveset is finished. I followed up on Infinity Sorcerer's suggestion for a super attack and made it the Level 1 Super; Level 2 is just a stat boost, really.
I'm not that into Spawn as I am Invincible, and outside of the show and a few early comics I read I had to really dig into the rest of the lore that Spawn has. With that said I think his moveset is definitely varied and interesting, and makes good use of the variety of powers Spawn has at his disposal.

For the TMNT Moveset, I would like to ask Megadoomer Megadoomer what the decision is on representing the 4 Turtles. In the original nomination it was suggested to make them all costumes of one base Turtle, but truthfully I find that to be a terrible idea; They all fight differently due to their weapons and overall personality. My suggestion is to do what Injustice did and make unique Attacks and Unique abilities for all 4 Turtles, but the rest of the moveset between them is shared.
Since our main focus is special attacks I suggest that the Specials are all unique and we can just have the basic movesets be shared; The Level 3 Super can also be a shared move as I think that works out best.

As it turns out that exactly what you had in mind; I had already typed this up when you submitted your moveset, though I don't feel like deleting it.

On a final note, I changed my vote for the Marvel categories, so take a look before you make the final score.
---​
I'm going to be working on trading cards for numerous character, though as I have said before these are very time-consuming. I'm about to go to work so I'll post what I have now and expect this to be updated later today.
  • Spawn​
    • Al Simmons, a born killer, joined the CIA and become a top covert assassin, and one of the greatest killers in the world. He joined Jason Wynn's umbrella agency to continue his trade, but it would ultimately lead to his demise; assassinated by his best friend, Al Simmons was sent to Hell to suffer as punishment for the sins he committed whilst alive. Yearning to see his wife once again, Al made a deal in Hell with the devil known as Malebolgia, a mistake that would torture him for the rest of his afterlife, as Simmons was transformed into a Hellspawn, destined to be a commanding officer in Hell's army. Taking on the nature of his true power, and adopting the name Spawn, Al went in a different direction that would forever mark him as traitor against Hell, and become a protector of the innocent and the ultimate judgement for sinners; Spawn now roams the streets, and those who are any wiser would do best to not cross them.​
  • Malebolgia​
    • The Acting ruler of Hell in the asbence of Satan, Malebolgia is the one responsible for Al Simmons' pain and suffering, as he is for all Hellspawns. Obsessed with building an army to wage a war against Heaven, the devil has struck many deals with regretful sinners; But with every deal comes a new enemy, and now Malebolgia's rule is challenged by the very beings he had given new life to; And those same beings will be destined to burn for all eternity, for nobody challenges the demons of Hell.​
  • Wanda Blake​
    • Having been Al Simmons' former wife in the living world, Wanda has since moved on from the death of her husband 5 years prior. Starting a new family with her husband Terry and her daughter Cyan, Wanda now wants nothing more than to live a peaceful life; And thought a target may be placed on her family's head, those transgressors must be warned, as the Fitzgerald family is forever under the protection of the mysterious Spawn.​
  • Chapel​
    • Bruce Stinson is a black-ops mercenary with proficient training, and best friend to Al Simmons; Until he killed him in cold blood under the command of Jason Wynn. Bruce, with blood on his hands, would go on to betray Wynn, becoming a targeted figure, but as the best mercenary in the world, he survived, and his reputation would catch up to him when he was recruited into the superhero team Youngblood. Now a heroic figure of the public, Chapel fights alongside his colleagues against threats to the world; but his past sins will never be forgotten, not by Hell, and certainly not by Al Simmons.​
  • The Violator​
    • Every Hellspawn needs a demonic guardian to show them the path paved for them by Malebolgia, and unfortunately for Spawn, his "guardian" is a complete asshat. Taking the form of a psycho clown, he takes every chance he gets to torment Spawn and push him to become the commanding officer of Hell he is meant to be... and in the end, it always costs him his life, as Spawn has taken to retaliation and killed his own guardian on multiple occasions. The hatred grows, and of all the demons Spawn has pissed off, there's none higher on the list than him, and Spawn will know that he's not the Vindicator, or the Victimizer, or the Vaporizer, or the Vacillator... he is, the VIOLATOR!​
  • Jason Wynn​
    • Though he keeps his hands clean, there is no single being on Earth more evil than Jason Wynn. Quite possibly the most powerful man in the world, Jason controls everyone you think you trust, and there is nothing that stands against him other than sheer chance. From politicians to common street thugs, to the murder of one Al Simmons, Jason's name is on all of them, and nobody will never know it. At least, as long as a certain Hellspawn doesn't continue to derail his empire.​
  • Nyx​
    • A young practitioner of magic, Carrie Andrews found herself involved within the war between Heaven and Hell when she came in contact with none other than Spawn himself. With her innate magical abilities and exposure to the forces of the afterlife, Nyx quickly became a recurring ally for Al Simmons, joining him in the war against the godly forces.​
  • Overt-Kill​
    • When it comes to psycho-cyborg-assassins, nobody is better built for the role than Nicholas Rocca. Involved with the mob since age 13, Nicholas went in over his head and ended up becoming a target. Unfortunately for his aggressors, he was rebuilt to be far deadlier than they could have anticipated; now a military-level cyborg, Overt-Kill began taking hits for powerful enforcers, with a reputation for always getting the job done; Atleast, until he crossed paths with Spawn, who would be the last target he ever took on.​
  • Angela the Demon Hunter​
    • From the souls of five deceased mortals whom died saving their love ones, comes the creation of an Angel within the realm of Heaven. And of all the Angels in Heaven, none are more fierce than the primary slayer of Hellspawns herself, the ultimate Angel in God's imperium, Angela; the scourge of Hell herself, she has traveled time and space to kill and conquer the forces of Satan. Her sword clashed against the Hellspawn known as Al Simmons, the Spawn, but it was in this battle that she found the understanding of life being more than mere black and white moralities, and the slayer of Hellspawns became an ally to one.​
  • The Redeemer​
    • Whilst Malebolgia may recruit lost souls in Hell to became elite enforcers in his army, Heaven has taken its own countermeasures; The Anti-Spawns of the realm above, known by the name of The Redeemer. Though many have shared this identity between them, they all share the same glowing light of rage, and the righteous mind of a warrior. Burning with the elemental fires of the godly realm, they pose as the ultimate vindication to Spawn and those of his kin; So, may Malebolgia beware, for his army has come under jeopardy, and the darkness of the world is about to be redeemed.​
  • The Phlebiacs​
    • Disgusting, insect-like demons that scour the plane of the Eight Sphere of Hell, the Phlebiac brothers are creations of Malebolgia that exist to test his Hellspawn lieutenants. With a love only for spreading chaos and suffering, each of the brothers are vile and abhorrent in their own putrid, unspeakable ways. Though Violator may be the most famous, the likes of the Vindicator, Vacillator, Vaporizer and Victimizer have made might foes for Spawn on past occasions; Their mercy is non-existent, and much to their dismay, so is Spawn's. They best stay away, should they not end up like their brother.​
  • Mammon​
    • Malebolgia isn't the only dictator of Hell, and in his absence there will always be a more powerful being to fill the role. Enter Mammon, the successor to Malebolgia, and the ultimate schemer. A former denizen of Heaven, Mammon was banished to Hell; a mistake that would cause the afterlife to suffer. Now a fully fledged Lord of the underworld, Mammon has a new goal: to seek the Throne of Creation, and rebuild the universe in a new demonic image, befitting to him. And for as long as Spawn will stand in the way of that goal, Mammon will always cause him to suffer, as is the way of demons in the afterlife.​
  • Billy Kincaid​
    • Serial killer extraordinaire, Billy was born as the b*st*rd son to a corrupt Senator; Placed in a mental institution after being suspected of killing several children, his crimes were swept under the rug to protect the reputation of said Senator. Not on Spawn's watch; Billy was given a fitting death and sent to the underworld of Hell, given he had been clearly reserving a seat for himself. Of course, the afterlife is not the end for anyone, and Billy now serves the demons of Hell as a tool, used to torment Spawn as he has become a rogue agent. Billy stands as proof that pure evil, will always exist.​
  • Terry Fitzgerald​
    • The best friend of Al Simmons in the living world, quite possibly the only one to not have betrayed him, Terry Fitzgerald found love with Simmons' former wife Wanda Blake, both grieving in his absence. Having started a family with Wanda, Terry continues to live life working under the command of Jason Wynn, oblivious to his dark demeanor. Unbeknownst to Terry, Spawn watches over him and his family, and should Wynn, or anyone else, attempt to endanger the Fitzgerald family, they would find a powerful new enemy in their wake.​
  • Cogliostro​
    • Whereas Violator is to guide Spawn to his role as a lieutenant of Hell, Cogliostro is the angel on his shoulder. Ironic, given his status as a former Hellspawn, one that has forsaken Malebolgia and lived his life without using any Hellspawn powers. Realizing the empty promises of Hell's demons, he himself made contact with Al Simmons to lure him away from his grim fate as an enforcer. Mentoring him as his powers grow, the old Cog has now found himself an ally... perhaps Spawn would be a useful tool in his future scheme.​

With the inclusions of both Invincible and Spawn, I feel it is justified in having representation for the rest of the Image Comics Universe, and I doubt there's any real objection to that, so I've went ahead and set up trading cards for major Image characters. I'm using images since I wanna be a little more grandiose here.
  • Savage Dragon
    • Roaming the streets of the Chicago stands the greatest Police Officer to ever step foot on Earth: The Dragon! Gifted with the abilities of super strength, healing and durability, the Dragon woke up in the streets of Chicago with no memory of his past life, and with a deepened understanding of Earth culture. However, he knew one thing: Any superfreak who pokes their hide seeking to cause trouble better be prepared for a beatdown from the world's greatest superhero!
  • Youngblood (Team)
    • When the U.S. Government needed heroes, it sanctioned the creation of its very own superhero team. Heroes of all corners of the country came together and formed what is now the highest-profile collection of superheroes on the planet: Youngblood! With an ever-changing roster of global celebrities, all equipped for any harsh battle, Youngblood will always be there to protect the world.
  • Shaft
    • The valiant leader of Youngblood, and it's most popular member, Jeff Terrel is: The Shaft! A former FBI agent with incredible marksman ship, he was approached secretly by the U.S. government for his incredible skill to become something greater than he currently was. Adopting a new superhero identity, the Shaft become a symbol of hope and leadership, and throughout every incarnation of Youngblood, he would always be there to lead them into a brighter future.
  • Shadowhawk
    • A mysterious spirit roams New York City, inhabiting one person to the next, invoking a strong, urgent sense of Justice. Brutal Justice. Those inhabited with this spirit tend to don the same costume, the same name, and the same sense of vindication: The Shadowhawk! An urban legend to some, and a dangerous threat to others, the dark hero has taken on many aliases, each one troubles by it's presence, but in the end, the Shadowhawk always remains, with a vicious vendetta against all crime.
  • Sara Pezzini (The Witchblade)
    • An ancient mystical artifact known only as the Witchblade, it is a sentient gauntlet that imbues itself with various hosts, granting them great power. The unknowing NYC Detective Sara Pezzini would have her life changed when she made a bond with the Witchblade that prevented her death. Gifted with the ability to fight the supernatural, Sara set out to do just that, and with the gauntlet in her posession, she has everything she needs to do so.
  • Jackie Estacado (The Darkness)
    • Long before the coming of God's Light, there was only the Darkness. A cosmic entity so powerful, it waged war against the entity of God, Angelus, and the concept of creation. A truce was eventually made, which would lead to the creation of the Witchblade, but the Darkness sought a new human host. Enter the Estacado bloodline, in which Jackie, the latest descendant, must now deal with the curse given to him; Controlling the power of an innately evil entity from an equally despicable bloodline, it is left to Jackie to finally redeem their name.
  • Madman
    • Frank Einstein was brutally killed in a fatal car accident; Fate, however, was on his side, as two doctors stitched him back together and resurrected him ala Frankenstein's Monster. And so stepped out a new man, with fascinating powers of precognition and empathy, and a fondness for a comic book character called Mr. Excitement. His existence, though strange, has brought about the coming of a new hero, fighting crime all across the world alongside his heroic allies; And thus, is the origin of the one, the only, Madman!
  • Radiant Black
    • Your life funneling down the drain? In $40,000 worth of debt? Best friend hospitalized in front of your eyes? Well then, now's the perfect time for a cosmic, mysterious, techno-organic ethereal Radiant to come hurdling into your life and give you fantastic new superpowers that you've never dreamed of having. Pay no mind to the mountain of consequences coming your way, because no matter how hectic it gets, you're Radiant Black, and nothing's going to stand in your way.
  • Firebreather
    • Being an average 16 year-old high school isn't easy when you have orange skin and can breath fire. But when your mom mates with an ancient kaiju-sized Dragon, you really have no say in it. Duncan Rosenblatt sure didn't, but with his half-monster heritage, he has to make due with monsters from Monster Island (real original, guys) stopping all over his home turf and psycho-assassin teachers from school. Thanks a lot, King Belloc.
  • The Pitt
    • The Pitt, one of the strongest beings in the universe, was created as an alien experiment to create the ultimate assassin. Being a cross breed of an alien race known as the Creed and the genetic of a human, The Pitt would spiral out of control and break free of his experimental chains. Finding his way to Earth, the Pitt was now an alien beast with running amuck, being hunted by the very same aliens who created him. Making the decision to protect his genetic younger brother Timmy, Pitt has since remained as the planet's unstoppable hero.
  • Supreme
    • Though at first glance Supreme may seem like the world's greatest hero, it'd be best not to say that around him, lest the thought go to his head. Powerful, somewhat inspirational, and with an unidentifiable origin, Supreme is a hero in his own right, just not doing right as a hero. When the cards are down, he'll be the hero the world needs, but when things are going his way, be prepared for absolutely *ssery, from either him or some evil clone. Or maybe the evil clones are him...
  • Wolf-Man
    • Rich and successful businessman Gary Hampton, a company CEO, was tragically mauled by a werewolf on a family trip. Not so tragically, however, he was gifted the powers to turn in a Werewolf during the night, later revealed to be a curse given to him by a mystic werewolf. Taken by a vampire mentor, Gary's life would be flipped upside in a series of unfortunate events, as the curse of being a Wolf-Man takes it's toll; a toll for which Gary will pay if it means being the hero the world needs him to be.
  • Science Dog
    • Man's best friend turned savior hero! When a dog named Science walks into the experimental time machine of one Dr. Collins, his molecules would advance a million years into the future: Instant evolution! Now the smartest being on Earth, Science Dog must use his wit and his skill to save the world from threat after threat! Will Science Dog be able to finally defeat the evil evil Dr. Walters? Will he finally return home from the clutches of a new mysterious alien race? Find out in next month's exciting issue of Science Dog! Available where ever comics are sold!
There's like, a ton more I could do then just the selected ones but I decided to stop there. Image is a huge universe but it gets confusing because technically Image doesn't own any of these characters, and it's a revolving door of individual comics that sometimes slap their own universes together in once in a blue moon crossovers.
Real talk though, a lot of these characters would make for great additions to the Infinity Crisis roster as Guests; Hell, there could be an entire fighting game just for these characters, though I doubt there's enough interest in the collective IPs for it to garner the amount of activity and association said game would need.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
We'll use PinkFlare PinkFlare 's Spawn moveset (I added it to the original post now that it's complete), and the Batman Who Laughs' moveset will be open to whoever wants to do that. The TMNT moveset will continue for another day or two, and I'll add those cards to the first post when I get the time. (also, I'll need to add to the interactions Google Doc)

Shredder will be our guest boss (I'll go with 1SecondNinja's moveset and KneeOfJustice's reward idea of costumes based on the original comics), and here's the poll for the TMNT stage:

As for the themes for season 3, we have most of them sorted out, though much like last time, we'll need a tie-breaker.

DC

-Cosmic: 1
-Teen Titans/Young Justice: 3
-Wonder Woman villain: 5
-Horror/supernatural: 7
-Street Level: 9
-Anti-Hero: 11
-People of Colour: 12

MARVEL

-What-If?: 2
-MCU: 3
-Spider-Man character: 3
-Horror/supernatural: 5
-Magic: 5
-Street Level: 7
-Avengers: 7
-Beyond human: 8
-X-Men: 8

So as a result, this is what our season 3 line-up looks like so far:

DCMarvel
Person of colourX-Men member
Anti-HeroBeyond human
Street level character???
GuestGuest
WildcardWildcard

We've got a tie for third in the Marvel section between an Avengers member or a street level character, so we'll have a poll to decide.

---

I'm not sure if I want to determine the TMNT costumes until we've decided on the moveset, or at least until I give it another day for people to come up with ideas. (it seems like it depends heavily on what direction we go with - someone could have it be one of the four turtles like Leonardo or Raphael with a unique ability that calls in the other three to attack, in which case it would be one turtle with eight costumes rather than four turtles with two each like how I set it up)

Job 218: nominate arcade mode rivals for Spawn and the Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles

Much like with Scott Pilgrim and Invincible, you can nominate any character as the rivals of these characters, whether it's Marvel or DC. (you could even have Invincible be Spawn's rival if you wanted, though so far, we've generally stuck to rival battles being against characters who are in the base game; I'm not sure if that's intentional or a coincidence)

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I think we should just give each Turtle their own set of about 4 costumes each.
Each of them have their own history as characters and it kinda of stinks that with all the costume potential we have we'd have to limit it by that much.
Also, I was hoping to nominate alternate rewards for Shredder? I know it wasn't my nomination but I had an idea for a Boss stage that I think would fit well

Moving into rivals:
It's already been said but Spawn vs. Ghost Rider is the ideal here.
For the TMNT I'm going to nominate Batman; I understand that they're a parody of Daredevil and everything but I think it'd be best to split each guest to have a DC and Marvel rival, and nobody on DC's side is fitting for Spawn whereas the TMNT can obviously go against Batman.
It'll be decided in the votes, though.

Also, kind of a bummer that the Supernatural rounds lost. I'm not one to usually complain about this but quite a few of these rounds have some overlap and the Supernatural characters I'd have to say (disregarding bias) are a lot more interesting for possible candidates

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Also, kind of a bummer that the Supernatural rounds lost. I'm not one to usually complain about this but quite a few of these rounds have some overlap and the Supernatural characters I'd have to say (disregarding bias) are a lot more interesting for possible candidates
I honestly supposed that, since the actual tie is between X-Men and Beyond Human I was guessing that the poll was between them. That would still don't let Supernatural win but I think it would be better for avoid overlap between the two since Beyond Human already includes all the X-Men.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I honestly supposed that, since the actual tie is between X-Men and Beyond Human I was guessing that the poll was between them. That would still don't let Supernatural win but I think it would be better for avoid overlap between the two since Beyond Human already includes all the X-Men.
Beyond Human also excludes mutants

D

Deleted member

Beyond human means like. Non humanoid/human like characters I think

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles moveset

Unique Ability: Heroes in a Half Shell - this ability switches between the four turtles as they jump on or off-screen, cycling through them in the order that they're mentioned in the 80's/90's theme song. (Leonardo --> Donatello --> Raphael --> Michelangelo --> Leonardo) The way I see it, each turtle would be selectable as a costume so you could start as whoever you want, though this would mean that the Turtles would only have two costumes each as a result. (plus whatever they get for beating the boss challenge that wins)

Each turtle will have different specials, though their supers will overlap. As a result, this moveset might get long, so bare with me. I figured giving them unique specials would help them to stand out, given their different weapons and personalities. (also, I borrowed some moves from TMNT: Tournament Fighters)

---

LEONARDO SPECIALS

(Leonardo is an all-rounder - he doesn't have the best range, speed, or strength, but he's well-balanced in that regard, not having any obvious weaknesses. Out of the four turtles, he's the most basic - basically a Shoto character like Ryu)

Sewer Shock Wave (quarter circle forward + attack) - Leonardo slashes his sword along the ground, creating a small shockwave that travels along the floor.

Endless Screw (quarter circle back + attack) - Leonardo holds his swords out and spins like a propeller; his left and right movement can be controlled as he's spinning

Roto Cutter (Shoryuken motion + attack) - Leonardo leaps into the air, spinning vertically with his arms and swords outstretched as he does so.

Patience Pays Off (down, down, attack) - a counter where Leonardo takes a deep breath while holding his sword at his side; if his opponent hits him while he's doing this, he draws his sword with blinding speed, countering the attack. Otherwise, he goes back into his neutral stance.

---

DONATELLO SPECIALS

(Donatello's got the longest range out of the turtles, as to be expected, but a lot of his attacks are slower as a result. He's a trickier character with access to some traps)

From All Angles (press an attack button repeatedly) - Donatello repeatedly jabs forward with his staff, much like E. Honda's Hundred Hand Slap from Street Fighter II.

Shock Cannon (quarter circle forward + attack) - Donnie cobbles together a cannon out of junk and fires a ball of electricity; the attack button that's used determines the angle of the attack, with the heavier versions being aimed slightly higher

Testudines Takedown (down, up, attack) - Donatello leaps into the air, drawing his bo staff and slamming it into the ground as he comes down.

Short Circuit (down, down, attack) - Donatello places a pylon that is sparking with electricity. It's normally harmless, but placing a second pylon causes a bolt of electricity to launch from one to the other for a split second, causing the opponent to take damage and be stunned for longer than most attacks and destroying the pylons. The pylons can also be destroyed if an enemy attacks them.

---

RAPHAEL SPECIALS

(Raphael's attacks are powerful but have very short range, forcing him to get up close and personal - just the way he likes it. As a result, I made him more of a grappler character)

Power Drill (back, forward, attack) - Raphael flies forward while spinning with his sais held in front of him, similar to M. Bison's Psycho Crusher.

German Suplex (quarter circle back + attack) - trying out some moves that he saw on pro wrestling, Raphael lunges forward to grab at the opponent. If he connects, he lifts the opponent into the air, leaning backwards in order to slam them into the ground, while Raphael lands on his shell. (I don't know much about wrestling, so I'm not sure how to describe some of the moves; I just figured that being a grappler would be a good fit for Raph)

Rude Rushdown (quarter circle forward + attack) - another grab, where Raphael knocks the opponent to the ground and stabs them repeatedly with his sais.

The Turtle's Elbow (down, up, attack) - Raph leaps into the air before performing an elbow drop on whoever was in front of him.

---

MICHELANGELO SPECIALS

(Michelangelo's attacks are fast but weak, and he's a lot goofier than the other three. He has some Rekka moves like Fei Long, mixed with some of the unpredictability of characters like Voldo from Soul Calibur)

Just Like Bruce! (quarter circle forward + attack) - Michelangelo does his best Bruce Lee impersonation, spinning the nunchucks around himself as a form of attack and defense. This move can be extended by pressing quarter circle forward and attack at the right time, though this only works three times in total - the move finishes off with Mikey messing up and hitting himself with the nunchucks, though it doesn't damage him any.

Rising Dragon! (Shoryuken motion + attack) - Michelangelo leaps into the air with a flying uppercut, spinning his nunchucks like a propeller blade.

Garlic Breath! (back, forward, attack) - Mikey takes a deep breath before exhaling, letting a cloud of bad breath from the extra-garlic pizza that he just had. The odor doesn't damage the opponent, but it does deal extra hit stun, leaving them open for Mikey's quicker attacks

Party, Dude! (quarter circle back + attack) - Mikey shows off his break-dancing moves. Ducking into his shell, he spins around on his back, sliding under high/medium-height projectiles and moving closer to the opponent. If he rams into the opponent, he damages them. The light version has him stay in place, while the medium and heavy versions have him move forwards with varying distance.

---

SUPERS (All)

Level 1: Shell Shock (half circle forward + attack)
- the turtle that's being played as turns around and leaps at the opponent shell-first, ramming into them before launching their opponent into the air with a flying multi-hit uppercut.

Level 2: Pizza Time! (half circle back + attack) - the turtle pulls out a box of pizza and chows down, restoring some health

Level 2: Radical Rat (quarter circle forward x2 + attack) - Splinter appears from the shadows, dashing ahead to claw at the opponent if they're in his way. Once Splinter reaches the end of his dash, he and the turtle bow to each other, with each one having a different comment on Splinter's appearance.
Leo: "Thank you master, I'm honoured."
Donnie: "That was incredible, Master Splinter!"
Raph: "I could've done that myself, but thanks."
Mikey: "Whoa! Master, where'd you come from?"

Level 3: Turtle Power! (press all buttons) - the Turtle Van drives by, with April driving it, as the turtle who's currently active grabs onto the side of it. If it connects, a cutscene begins where the opponent is launched into the air. All four turtles are hanging on the side of the van now, and they leap into the air after the opponent, drawing their weapons. The fight is now in the back alleys of New York City, where the turtles leap off of the sides of buildings, taking turns knocking the opponents higher and higher into the air. Eventually, the opponent passes in front of a full moon, where in a series of blurs (moving surprisingly fast for turtles), the turtles dash by the opponent, smacking them repeatedly, before they leap above the opponent. All four turtles hit the enemy at once, sending them slamming towards the ground and through an open manhole, ending the super.
(I should have separate my comments more, sorry for the 3 posts in a row)

Suggesting just a pair of things, I don't have the intentions to do a write-up myself since my knowledge about the TMNT is low but I wanted to share a pair of suggestions:
  • Just like PinkFlare PinkFlare suggested, it would be better allow 4 costumes for each character (y'know, counting their base), I don't know how much options we have for them but considering that before we did different costumes for both Rocket & Groot I think it could work fine.
  • Also, something that I had in mind, why not also allow the possibility to do an "entrance attack" when you change between turtles, in part inspired by Leonardo's Character Power in Injustice and in the other half I think it would be a very cool reference to MvC, this could even allow some combos using all turtles that would make the character very hype (the attack itself would be just a divekick so I don't think it could be considered a big problem for balance).
  • No an actual suggestion but just a question, so I guess the way their normals would work would be that the attacks that require weapons would try to be changed between each character but they would have the same hitbox? (in Injustce most of Leonardo's sword attacks are replaced by Mickey's Skateboard, Donnie's Bo and in the case of Raphael he just use his arms and legs since well...let's just say that the sais doesn't have the same range).
  • While I appreaciate how different it is their moves to Injustice, something that it would be always welcome, I kinda miss the use of Mickey's skateboard in his special moves, particullary I found his Character Power very cool where he just mounts his skate very slow but he can then bait you and go very fast to bonk your head.
So far very solid, I like it a lot!

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I think we should just give each Turtle their own set of about 4 costumes each.
Each of them have their own history as characters and it kinda of stinks that with all the costume potential we have we'd have to limit it by that much.
Also, I was hoping to nominate alternate rewards for Shredder? I know it wasn't my nomination but I had an idea for a Boss stage that I think would fit well
Sure; you can nominate an alternate reward and we can have a vote.

I figured we'd go with two each to stick to the limit of eight costumes, but considering the unusual circumstances (since they're four characters in one, instead of being one character or at most a puppet fighter), I suppose we can try four costumes each.
(I should have separate my comments more, sorry for the 3 posts in a row)

Suggesting just a pair of things, I don't have the intentions to do a write-up myself since my knowledge about the TMNT is low but I wanted to share a pair of suggestions:
  • Just like PinkFlare PinkFlare suggested, it would be better allow 4 costumes for each character (y'know, counting their base), I don't know how much options we have for them but considering that before we did different costumes for both Rocket & Groot I think it could work fine.
  • Also, something that I had in mind, why not also allow the possibility to do an "entrance attack" when you change between turtles, in part inspired by Leonardo's Character Power in Injustice and in the other half I think it would be a very cool reference to MvC, this could even allow some combos using all turtles that would make the character very hype (the attack itself would be just a divekick so I don't think it could be considered a big problem for balance).
  • No an actual suggestion but just a question, so I guess the way their normals would work would be that the attacks that require weapons would try to be changed between each character but they would have the same hitbox? (in Injustce most of Leonardo's sword attacks are replaced by Mickey's Skateboard, Donnie's Bo and in the case of Raphael he just use his arms and legs since well...let's just say that the sais doesn't have the same range).
  • While I appreaciate how different it is their moves to Injustice, something that it would be always welcome, I kinda miss the use of Mickey's skateboard in his special moves, particullary I found his Character Power very cool where he just mounts his skate very slow but he can then bait you and go very fast to bonk your head.
So far very solid, I like it a lot!
I can add the bit about entrance attacks. I don't put too much thought into a character's normals, but the way that I was picturing it, I was thinking that some of their basic attacks (lights and mediums) would be unarmed (and therefore shared between all of them), while they'd pull out their weapons for the heavy attacks, which would be unique from turtle to turtle in order to give a reason to play as one over the others. (not sure how feasible that would be in a realistic scenario, though; I haven't played much of Injustice 2, since I don't have a ton of free time these days)

I thought about giving Michelangelo a skateboard, though I wasn't sure how to incorporate it into his moveset; I can try playing as him in Injustice 2 to see how it works there.

EDIT: I did include a skateboard in Mikey's moveset; I more or less did what Injustice did, though as a special rather than a unique ability.

Last edited:
Top Bottom