• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Sorry for the delay; I had some stuff to do after work this morning (getting lunch, getting groceries, etc.), so I just got on the computer.

Livewire: 4
Black Bat: 4
Spoiler: 7
Starfire: 8
Katana: 9
Hawkgirl: 11
Killer Frost: 11
Lois Lane: 12

As a result (and due to Champion of Hyrule posting their vote just as I was typing this up), we'll be adding Lois Lane to the roster! Congratulations, PinkFlare PinkFlare !

Lois Lane 5.png

Here's the poll for Ultron's costumes:

---

Job 200: nominate costumes for Lois Lane

We've already got a moveset for Lois Lane (unless anyone wants to nominate their own), so we'll move onto the costumes! As usual, a default costume and up to 7 alternates.

Job 201: nominate premiere costumes for Poison Ivy, The Sentry, Gorilla Grodd, and Ultron

I'll stick with groups of four this time; up to two premiere costumes per character.

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
Okay I'm sorry but this is genuinely a horrible decision. This isn't the thread runner's fault by any means, but I'll be honest, I do not get some of the decisions this thread makes. Like, how is it that the likes of Blade, Moon Knight and Shang-Chi got passed up for Sentry??? And now this? What's going on!?

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Okay I'm sorry but this is genuinely a horrible decision. This isn't the thread runner's fault by any means, but I'll be honest, I do not get some of the decisions this thread makes. Like, how is it that the likes of Blade, Moon Knight and Shang-Chi got passed up for Sentry??? And now this? What's going on!?
I can't speak for how the Sentry got in over those characters (I'm not super familiar with the character; I know he's similar to Superman but with split personality issues that led to him making the world forget his existence, and he was on Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers, but I haven't read many stories with him in it), but for Lois, I figured that she was given a creative concept for a moveset, which helped a lot.

Much like Starro (which, like I said in my profile post, is not a sentence fragment that I ever expected to write about Lois Lane), I figure she's a character with a lot of history behind her who might not normally get into a fighting game. (though X-Men fighting games have had Professor X as a playable character, so even official releases get in on these sorts of unusual picks) While she might not be the most predictable choice for a DC fighting game, I think we can afford to have some fun with this concept every now and then. (our guest character round had Charlie Brown and Snoopy nominated, of all characters)

I find that people being passionate about their nominations can make a lot of difference in these threads; back when I was running the PlayStation All Stars 2 thread, we wound up including characters like Ellen from Folklore or Jesse Faden from Control because people pushed for those characters and showcased their potential. (either that or they had good timing - Jesse got in when we did a round for nominating two characters who'd be rivals, and Jesse was nominated alongside Cole McGrath from inFamous, who hadn't gotten in yet)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I'm personally at favor of Sentry, I think he is a very interesing pick and even if it could be considered niche he was important for the first part of the 2000's and even had some relevance in modern stories like King in Black. Thought with this uh...yeah I feel the same, I personally wouldn't like to say "NO WAY DON'T PUT THIS CHARACTER THEY DON'T DERSEVE IT REEEEEEEE" but I just feel that some people where more inclined to have a more wacky selection this time. I personally liked a lot Lois' moveset concept but thinking in her as a DLC? I have some doubts.

By the wat, don't wanting to sound harsh or nothing but Speed Weed Speed Weed since you answered that fast to the reveal I must ask, why not join to the thread to at least vote?, I mean there it can't be some sort of "order" if there no one there to do it, I don't know if I'm saying it correctly.

cashregister9

Smash Hero
Job 201

Not sure if this one counts but

Poison Ivy (Catwoman: Lonely City)

Second Costume also for Poison Ivy

Dr. Pamela Isley

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I can't speak for how the Sentry got in over those characters (I'm not super familiar with the character; I know he's similar to Superman but with split personality issues that led to him making the world forget his existence, and he was on Norman Osborn's Dark Avengers, but I haven't read many stories with him in it), but for Lois, I figured that she was given a creative concept for a moveset, which helped a lot.

Much like Starro (which, like I said in my profile post, is not a sentence fragment that I ever expected to write), I figure she's a character with a lot of history behind her who might not normally get into a fighting game. (though X-Men fighting games have had Professor X as a playable character, so even official releases get in on these sorts of unusual picks) While she might not be the most predictable choice for a DC fighting game, I think we can afford to have some fun with this concept every now and then. (our guest character round had Charlie Brown and Snoopy nominated, of all characters)

I find that people being passionate about their nominations can make a lot of difference in these threads; back when I was running the PlayStation All Stars 2 thread, we wound up including characters like Ellen from Folklore or Jesse Faden from Control because people pushed for those characters and showcased their potential. (either that or they had good timing - Jesse got in when we did a round for nominating two characters who'd be rivals, and Jesse was nominated alongside Cole McGrath from inFamous, who hadn't gotten in yet)
See, here's the thing.....A character being less "obvious" doesn't automatically mean they're a good or better choice. That's my problem with this thread lately - it feels like we've been passing up some extremely cool picks in favor of "wacky" picks. I don't even think "wacky" picks are bad, I actually think Starro was pretty cool in hindsight even if I don't like when and how he got in, but there comes a point where you have to discern things, and to me it feels like we're placing too much importance on the "wacky" or "unexpected" factor at the cost of some real quality choices. Lois may be a less "obvious" pick, but you can't tell me she's somehow a more exciting and interesting pick than Hawkgirl or Katana or Killer Frost. Same goes for Sentry and the characters he got in instead of. I just feel like we're kinda....trying too hard? It's perfectly fine to just go for someone because they're cool and people like them.

****, man, less obvious choices are good! They're very cool! But IMO, there needs to be an appeal to their inclusion besides "haha unexpected pick". I don't feel like Lois has that. She feels like shock value for the sake of it, she feels like a pick that runs solely on "legacy" and "being unexpected", but lacks any appeal beyond that. I feel like Starro did have some appeal beyond being unexpected! (even if, again, I don't like how he got in) Like, he's a big Shuma-Gorath-y starfish dude, that's fun and unique and stands out, but it's a form of "standing out" that feels a lot more natural and like something you can much more easily sell people on. I don't know who'd want to play as Lois. I don't know what makes her a more worthwhile choice than a number of fan favorites and interesting characters who were on the table for this job. I don't know how adding her benefits our roster - IMO she just makes it feel less cohesive. I don't know why this thread is so obsessed with forgoing beloved fan favorites in favor of characters who make a warped mental gymnastics-y form of "sense" but have zero appeal to their inclusion otherwise.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Job 201

Not sure if this one counts but

Poison Ivy (Catwoman: Lonely City)

Second Costume also for Poison Ivy

Dr. Pamela Isley

Usually premiere costumes are characters that acts different in some way, if you think that they would differ to how Poison Ivy acts then go for it. I don't know too much about her so I can't tell you more.

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
I really agree with Speed Weed,Lois Lane is not a excelent choice,i think that Katana,Hawkgirl or Killer Frost are a better choice than Lois

But probably Lois is a joke fighter

And about Starro,how a FRICKING GIANT STARFISH CAN FIGHT AGAINST ANY SUPERHERO OR SUPERVILLAIN?!,starro is too big

AlRex

Smash Lord
I didn’t end up voting but Lois Lane genuinely did interest me more than most of the other characters in that round. My second and third place would’ve likely been Starfire and Livewire, for what it’s worth. I feel like we’ve got a lot of “standard” picks that’d make the Injustice and MVC/Ultimate Alliance rosters. In fact, that’s most of everyone aside from Lois and Starro. Two characters out of 50+ and more to come. Settle down a bit.

Sentry is a boring choice, though, yeah, Blade or Moon Knight or Shang-Chi over him.

D

Deleted member

Usually premiere costumes are characters that acts different in some way, if you think that they would differ to how Poison Ivy acts then go for it. I don't know too much about her so I can't tell you more.
I don't know anything about the first costume but Injustice 2 did have a Bruce Wayne Premier costume so the second could work.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
And about Starro,how a FRICKING GIANT STARFISH CAN FIGHT AGAINST ANY SUPERHERO OR SUPERVILLAIN?!,starro is too big
I'm not sure if you're joking or not (I'm getting Ridley for Smash flashbacks), but size gets adjusted in game crossovers all the time, and Starro's a parasitic hive mind; the Starro in the game is one out of millions/billions/trillions, and the parasites presumably come in a variety of sizes given that not every host is going to be the same size.

---

The way I see it, this divide regarding Lois seems to be similar to whether or not you're okay with Phoenix Wright in Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3, or Piranha Plant in Smash Ultimate. I'm fine with Lois Lane being included; out of 76 characters (once DLC is done), I figure it's okay to have a handful of weird/unexpected picks, and 2/65 (the current number of characters - Starro and Lois seem to be the only "weird" picks so far, out of 52 base game characters + 8 characters from the first season + 5 in season 2 so far) isn't a lot. It's not like we're adding Carlie Cooper from Spider-Man or anything.

(hindsight being 20/20, I probably could have spared myself a lot of this controversy/debate if I had just ate at home after work rather than getting a burger at McDonalds and picking up some things afterwards)

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
I'm with Speed Weed on this one. Some of the latest character choices feel like off the wall "wacky" for the sake of it. I like Lois but she feels like a super lame choice to me. If I were to pick up this hypothetical game, it would be to play as iconic superheroes and villains from the biggest comic book companies out there, and Lois just doesn't cut it. I don't like Sentry either for personal reasons but that's more of a me thing.

I don't think I'll participate in future jobs anymore though, posting here has become a bit too much of a chore for me lately even if I still love the concept

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
I'm with Speed Weed on this one. Some of the latest character choices feel like off the wall "wacky" for the sake of it. I like Lois but she feels like a super lame choice to me. If I were to pick up this hypothetical game, it would be to play as iconic superheroes and villains from the biggest comic book companies out there, and Lois just doesn't cut it. I don't like Sentry either for personal reasons but that's more of a me thing.

I don't think I'll participate in future jobs anymore though, posting here has become a bit too much of a chore for me lately even if I still love the concept
Yeah it's pretty much this. Like....wacky picks aren't inherently bad. I just frankly don't think Lois is really a very interesting wacky pick, and I don't think the risk was worth taking. Of course weird picks are perfectly fine and allowed, but this feels like a pick that just doesn't have much purpose. I think it's lame and kinda cheap to just go for a big civillian character for a weird pick instead of diving deep to find someone who may be lesser known or less conventional but still stands out as an interesting character concept in their own right and, most importantly, actually gels with the roster. Lois just feels like a really bad and boring attempt at a weird pick, she sticks out like a sore thumb and not in a good way.

Anyway I think I'm done with the thread honestly. Sorry for starting **** but I needed to speak out about my problems with the goings-on here.

Champion of Hyrule

Smash Master
I like the idea of lois being in decently enough and think she could be cool if we do her moveset right, that’s why I voted for her, but I think another character definitely could have been better which is why I voted for her in third. It’s already been done now though so oh well

I was definitely sold on her a bit more by how strong the original pitch was lol

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Premiere costumes for Grodd:
1. Titano
2. Salavar
Premiere Costimes for Ultron:
1. Jocasta
2. Machine Man

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Costumes for Lois Lane:

1. Default

2. Post-Crisis

3. Superwoman

4. New Frontier

5. Flashpoint

6. Golden Age

7. Witch
(I wanted to include one of the temporary Silver Age superpowers in here)

8. DCAU

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
As the guy who nominated and lobbied for Lois to join the roster (and Sentry back in the MK round), I feel as if I should atleast say something in response to Lois' addition. I was expecting a "No way" reaction but not to this extreme level. I debated just saving my response until the Season 2 Retrospective but since I have the time now, I may as well.
I will be responding both to individualized posts and making general responses;

I personally see nothing wrong with Lois' inclusion. And, I'll say this before I go on any further: If anyone was expecting that I'd regret nominating Lois at all or regret the outcome of this match, I absolutely do not.
But probably Lois is a joke fighter
I'm quoting this in particular because Lois is indeed meant to be a joke/gag fighter, in the same vane as Smash Wii Fit Trainer, Tekken's Kuma, etc. Her moves are purposefully designed as such and are clearly overexaggerate and comical to drive that point home, because obviously the idea of a civilian journalist taking on the likes of Thanos and Darkseid in a fight and winning is a comical situation.

With that out of the way; I decided on nominating this character all the way back when I joined in on this thread, which was late base game. So about over a month at this rate; And it was her in particular because I felt her legacy is an important aspect of her inclusion. For those suggesting to have gone in and get an obscure superpowered character instead, I feel the need to point out that historically, those characters have never faired well in this thread; And honestly, I have doubts that those saying they are for wacky picks would have voted on renomations for Dogwelder, Space Cabbie, Onomatopoeia, etc. Those are also all characters I felt didn't really have any clear vision for their inclusion, and were indeed there to just be "wacky"; For Lois I felt like there was honestly a lot of potential with her various appearances to put the nomination up, and hell, when I made the moveset I'd say I had too much to work with in that regard; I had a completely different concept involving a stance change and different variations of moves I ended up putting in; and in case you're wondering why those were scrapped
1. I wanted Lois to have a simpler moveset due to me feeling a lot of characters here already had high-learning curve movesets (quite a handful of which were my movesets)
2. I had already nominated a stance change character this season with Sentry
Though, I digress here.

For this round in particularly, I have to say, I don't really feel like we missed out on anything great. Starfire, Hawkgirl, Killer Frost, and that's about it, and even then I didn't feel that we need any of those latter 3; Not that it would matter anyway, because there's a high chance those particularly characters would be renominated in the future.
I mean no offense to the other nominations; In the case of Spoiler and Black Bat, I didn't feel like we needed another Batman character, especially so soon after we had a Batman-specific round, and neither of those two would really be one of my next several choices for Batfamily representation. They also clearly cannibalized eachother's votes this round, though I can't complain on that. Livewire isn't a prominent enough Superman character for me to say that she should get be included before the likes of Lobo, Doomsday, Brainiac, etc. I like Katana as a choice and I considered nominating her, but outside of moveset I don't see her as an inclusion many people would really pay attention to.
Of course, all of those were nominated with passion for that character and in the hopes that they would see greater recognition among a larger group, and I don't want to say that they weren't worthy of an inclusion, these are just my particular reasons as to why I didn't vote for them and why I still support Lois.

And this has already been brought up, but Lois is indeed just one character out of a sea of other DC characters; We're gauranteed to have 3 more join in the next season, possibly 4, which is more than enough for the big name characters everybody wants.
And even beyond that, a lot of our current DC characters are ones that almost always see high levels of representation in outside media; Going into this, it was generally agreed upon that we wanted to branch out from Injustice/Multiversus/MvC/Ultimate Alliance, etc. and try to include characters that aren't in those games. On DC's side, we have 6 (including Lois), out of 32 characters. And this is a pretty fair number all things considered, but also looking at who those characters are (Constantine, Plastic Man, Mister Miracle, Starro, Ra's Al Ghul), how many of those would you say won't be in Injustice 3 or so on anyway? I know Lois sure won't. And hell, this thread says they want more wacky picks, but between this character how many of these fit that criteria? It's getting to a point where we would have had virtually none, outside of Starro.
So, hey, 1 wacky pick that probably won't be used as an idea in actual official media; This isn't worth a sudden uproar.

And, in response to a particular user, who I won't @ or quote due to them opting out of the thread, I have to point this out that they deliberately did not vote, in either Lois' or Sentry's round, especially when the results were close enough for their vote to change the entire outcome; At that point, it is not the fault of the thread, but the fault of someone refusing to speak when they see something wrong, let it happen, and take it out on the people who were under the impression that you wouldn't be making a decision at all. Like, it's one thing to vote for a different character and see them lose, but they practically revoked their participation then barged in to complain when the actual participants made their choice.

Also, since I did bring it up, I suppose people are still reeling over Sentry's inclusion. He is exactly the type of deep cut character some people said should be considered instead of types like Lois, but I will admit he is still a weird one.
I picked him because I felt as if a DC vs. Marvel game was the perfect opportunity to bring out one of Marvel's Superman-like characters, given that the man himself was in the roster. This was also back in the 21st Century round in which he would qualify, and from there I felt like reconsidering him for a future round.
I can understand people thinking he is boring, but as far as moveset is concerned, nobody else on the roster (a 65 character roster, mind you) does what he does, and I doubt we will see a future character that will.

TL;DR
I did say a lot, but if you want only one takeaway from all this, neither of these characters, especially Lois, are ones I nominate just to be wacky-goofy. I had a clear vision for this character, in fact I do for every character I nominate, and I made sure that showed in my original pitch; and clearly, it worked out, so as I said before, no regrets.

(hindsight being 20/20, I probably could have spared myself a lot of this controversy/debate if I had just ate at home after work rather than getting a burger at McDonalds and picking up some things afterwards)
Hindsight being 20/20 you did no wrong. What'd you get from McDonald's?

I didn’t end up voting but Lois Lane genuinely did interest me more than most of the other characters in that round. My second and third place would’ve likely been Starfire and Livewire, for what it’s worth. I feel like we’ve got a lot of “standard” picks that’d make the Injustice and MVC/Ultimate Alliance rosters. In fact, that’s most of everyone aside from Lois and Starro. Two characters out of 50+ and more to come. Settle down a bit.

Sentry is a boring choice, though, yeah, Blade or Moon Knight or Shang-Chi over him.
Honestly I had you in mind during this round since I figure you would be all for this type of character; Was hoping you'd vote but it worked out anyway haha.

Oh hey Megadoomer Megadoomer , could you extend the Lois costume round another day? I worked triple shifts back to back to back this weekend (2 jobs) but I do want to participate

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Oh hey Megadoomer Megadoomer , could you extend the Lois costume round another day? I worked triple shifts back to back to back this weekend (2 jobs) but I do want to participate
Sure; I can do that.

We'll keep the Lois Lane costume job going for another day, and we'll use Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's costumes for Ultron!

Here are the premiere costume polls; the Sentry won't have one.

---

Job 202: nominate a cosmic Marvel character for DLC

After the last time I did a stage round, I feel like I should wait until we get through the Marvel characters, since many of the cosmic ones would have very different potential stages depending on who gets in, and people seem to prefer nominating stages that are related to the characters that we add in a given season.

In case anyone needs ideas, I used this list the last time that we had a cosmic Marvel round, all the way back on page 16: https://www.comicbookherald.com/marvel-cosmic-comics-1963-to-present/

Last edited:

Speed Weed

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-1814-1029-3514
And, in response to a particular user, who I won't @ or quote due to them opting out of the thread, I have to point this out that they deliberately did not vote, in either Lois' or Sentry's round, especially when the results were close enough for their vote to change the entire outcome; At that point, it is not the fault of the thread, but the fault of someone refusing to speak when they see something wrong, let it happen, and take it out on the people who were under the impression that you wouldn't be making a decision at all. Like, it's one thing to vote for a different character and see them lose, but they practically revoked their participation then barged in to complain when the actual participants made their choice.
So I meant to leave the thread after this, but I saw this and felt like I needed to step in just one more time since this is obviously aimed at me.

And I'll just say this: yeah in hindsight I should have voted. I could have been more active. It mainly comes down to the fact that I didn't think Lois or Sentry would win their respective jobs, and also that I already felt kinda burnt by some of the thread's former decisions and felt less of a motivation to participate. In hindsight, I should have done something. Was I in the right for doing nothing and then barging in to complain? No I was not, I already regret speaking out about this. But I still maintain that I don't really like the direction this thread's been taking. That's all I guess

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion

STAR-LORD
Peter Quill, alias Space-Lord, I mean, Star-Lord is the son of a human and the current king of the Spartax specie King J'son. His father left them before he was even born "for protection" since was in war at the time, thought some time later when he was 10 his mother was killed by aliens who searched to end the Spartax bloodline; after this Peter wanted to be an astronaut for go to space and search the aliens that killed her mother.

Some things happened and when he feel that it was now or never he stole a Kree ship that he found and leave Earth, thought that ship started to malfunctioning and he was at the drift until some space pirates leaded by Yondu found him trying to steal the ship, after that he joined to Yondu's crew starting his new life as Star-Lord.

Being the famous leader of The Guardians of the Galaxy, I think he is a great option for this job, with his fun personality and moveset potential making use of his elemental guns and jet boots. I could elaborate in a moveset but....I sadly don't have the time for that.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
My nomination for this round will be the same as the last time we did it (and this is in fact the third renomination in the history of this thread; yes I'm keeping track)
Unlike Sentry, I do not plan on having a moveset afixed to this submission, hence he will not require a rewrite. It's a bit lazy but if I did end up retyping it I would just repeat a lot of what I said last time; and I'm on break so I'm a bit pressed for time anyway. Once I return home I will have my nominatioms for Lois costumes complete

Job 87 202: Cosmic Marvel Character (DLC)
ADAM WARLOCK
Alias: Him
First Appearance: Fantastic Four #66 (September 1967)

The anti-thesis to Thanos, a Guardian of the Galaxy, and one of the most powerful cosmic entities in the Marvel Universe; Of course, it is none other than Adam Warlock. To say he is important is merely scratching the surface; Warlock was responsible for massively expanding the scope of Marvel's cosmic storylines, being a central character in several key storylines, including the original Infinity War, in which he was responsible for defeating Thanos and Mephisto. If the Fantastic Four (and related characters) weren't being used, Adam Warlock was the go to Cosmic hero; he's essentially built a name for himself as a standalone Cosmic hero and one of the most important in Marvel's cosmic library; of course, this also doesn't stop him from being a core member of the Guardians of the Galaxy, and one of the first to join Star-Lord's team after Annhilation.

Adam's basic abilities include superhuman speed, strength, agility, stamina and durability. Nothing too exhilirating, but once again, this merely scratches the surface. His powers beyond that include the ability ti manipulate the energy around him, particularly cosmic energy, to either fly or perform energy blasts; His cosmic powers would eventually grow more mystical as the type of energy he manipulated became grander, given him newly hightened abilities such as manifesting matter, creating forcefields and black holes, teleporation, resurrection (both on himself and others) and traveling faster than light; he can also read the cosmic aura of other individuals, not unlike Lucario's ability to read people's moral aura.
The most interesting of Warlock's ability is his evolutionary cocoon; Warlock can enter this cocoon for an extended period of time, and emerged more powerful than he was before, which was the process in which he gained and developed most of the powers listed above. It should be noted that leaving the cocoon before a full evolutionary process is done will result in him emerging in a weaker (but not vulnerable) state.
And the cherry on top: Adam has a history with the (all 6) Infinity Stones, but very specifically the Soul stone, in which he was it's owner for years, and gaining a full understand of it's power, including the realm within the Soul stone.
And just to flex his absolute power: Warlock has had one on one fights with Thor, Drax the Destroyer, Silver Surfer, Thanos and Mephisto, and won all of them.

Reasons for Inclusion: Warlock, despite being important to cosmic Marvel, is definitely not as popular as the other Guardians, Nova, or Silver Surfer; but this can equally be played as a strength. Not only has he not been in a fighting game, but he hasn't even been in any Ultimate Alliance game; this marks him as a character that's never been before in a moveset based crossover game, and on top of his insane moveset potential, this is new territory to be explored among Marvel's side of the roster. Moreover, his connection to Thanos, specifically being his arch-nemesis, makes his inclusion on the roster perfect as he would be a natural fit within this game's storyline, not to mention he already has a history of importance to Marvel's cosmic side of the universe.

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Since Al Ewing's Ultimates and Defenders comics are cosmic series, dealing with the origins of the universe and previous incarnations of the universe, I'm going to nominate...

America Chavez

Born in the Utopian Parallel, a peaceful dimension outside of time and space, America left her home after her mothers sacrificed themselves to save it and had their particles spread throughout the multiverse. America Chavez can punch or kick star-shaped portals in reality in order to travel throughout the multiverse, in addition to more standard powers like flight, superhuman strength, or super speed. (she's not going to outrun the Flash, but when Monica Rambeau was moving as a beam of light, she could still see America Chavez move)

America (the character, not the country) has been part of the Young Avengers, the universe problem-solvers known as the Ultimates, and she's recently been in the MCU in Dr. Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. Her backstory has some clear parallels to Wonder Woman, which could be referenced, at least, and her ability to hop between universes could lead to some fun interactions and unique attacks/specials/supers. (such as a level 3 super that has her sending her opponents to some of the worst dimensions that she's ever been to, with some of it being played for laughs like a dimension filled with candy and teddy bears)

Last edited:

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 202:Nova (Richard Rider)

images (3).jpeg

Richard Rider (AKA Nova) is a marvel superhero,he is a teenager that was choosen by a random alien. Outside in the comics,he appears in games and cartoons,also he's confirmed to appears on MCU.

Nova is in Marvel Vs. Capcom 3,so his moveset would be the same from MVC

D

Deleted member

Angela_Featteca.jpg

Angela

Aldrif Odinsdottir, Thor's Sister. She's been been a member of the Guardians in the comics. Angela has an interesting real world history. created by Neil Gaiman for the Spawn universe, a court battle between Gaiman and Spawn creator McFarlane left her with Gaiman, who handed her to marvel (I think Spawn has a decent shot of getting in so it could be a cool reunion later on). She's since became a pretty prominent character. She lived in the secret tenth relam, which is basicly heaven, as an angel, and later became the ruler of Hel with her lover Sera.

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
This was harder than I expected - Not because there wasn't a lot of options, but because there were too many. She probably has as many variations as Batman and Iron Man, which is insane, but when it comes to civilian clothing, her closet is definitely filled to the brim.
1. Black Suit (Default)
2. DCAU
It's a bit odd that Lois gets a DCAU costume whereas most of the big name DC heroes don't, but when it comes to Lois herself this is definitely one of her most iconic looks.
3. Superwoman

This is a bit more of a modernized Super-Lois than Megadoomer's - It looks very sleek, though, so I'm running with this.
4. Daily Planet

I think this is a good design, though I didn't put it as a the default since Lois isn't really known for wearing the tan color (She's usually on the Cool Color spectrum - Navy Blue, Purple, Black.)
5. Flashpoint

Stealing this pick from Megadoomer (sorry), but I think having an action orientated Lois makes her costume selection standout more, and this design is just badass.
6. Bombshells

I definitely don't get tired of returning to Bombshells - all of the designs are just fantastic, and Lois' is no exception.
7. Post-Crisis

This isn't something she wore quite a lot but wow does it pop! Unique and flashy all around.
8. Margot Kidder

I considered Amy Adam's Lois Lane for this last slot, but ultimately I had to pass on that.
Margot Kidder definitely has the more iconic and influential portrayal of Lois, hands down. Hell, one of Lois' moves is already directly pulled from the 70's films, so this skin was practically already being begged for from the start.

Ideally this skin would capture the likeness of Margot and not simply just be the costume; Otherwise there'd be no point in having this.
I'm still pleasantly surprised that Lois got her moment, backlash be damned.

Angela

Aldrif Odinsdottir, Thor's Sister. She's been been a member of the Guardians in the comics. Angela has an interesting real world history. created by Neil Gaiman for the Spawn universe, a court battle between Gaiman and Spawn creator McFarlane left her with Gaiman, who handed her to marvel (I think Spawn has a decent shot of getting in so it could be a cool reunion later on). She's since became a pretty prominent character. She lived in the secret tenth relam, which is basicly heaven, as an angel, and later became the ruler of Hel with her lover Sera.
Honestly I wish Angela would go back to Spawn

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I've went back to my Lois Lane moveset and filled added quite a few blank spaces for the Character Headlines section - specifically I added all of our base game characters to that table. I stated that as part of her Level 3 Special, every character would get their own newspaper headline, and now that she's officially part of the roster I intend to go through with that. With that said, I (currently) have 45 characters left to go before the entire roster is done, and this isn't even counting Premiere Skins.

I'll be filling it out every now and then, but I would like to ask for help on this - if anyone wants to throw in an idea for a character's headline, I'll add it to the list. My goal is to have the entire roster done before we finish this thread, and possibly a few premiere skins. For those interested, feel free to pitch in!

On that note, one thing I was thinking about recently was about specific stage cameos. With nearly all of the stages we've added we usually bring up the fact that they'd have plenty of cameos, but we never really addressed who those specific cameos would be, minus Talescria which was my nomination; This thread isn't as active as it was before so I figure I'll also do this every now and then just to boost discussion here.

Since this stage was also my nomination, I'll make a shortlist of 8 cameos for Titans Tower. (I had about the same number for Talescria, so that is my basis.)
Also, keep in mind that by doing this, I am not saying "these characters won't be playable"

1. Starfire
2. Beast Boy
3. Wonder Girl (Donna Troy)
4. Wonder Girl (Cassie Sandsmark)
5. Superboy
6. Aqualad
7. Bumblebee
8. Robin (Tim Drake)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
None of the characters in the first half of season 2 will get premiere costumes, as a result of the polls, and here's the poll for Lois Lane's costumes:

---

Here are the nominees for Marvel's DLC cosmic character:

Marvel cosmic DLC nominees.png

-Star Lord ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Silver Surfer ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
-Adam Warlock ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )
-America Chavez ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Nova ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Angela (@Darkonedagger)
-Phoenix ( NanayaGaming NanayaGaming )

(I'm assuming you meant Jean Grey here, though I can change it if needed)

Vote for your top three, and you can't put your own in first.

1. Adam Warlock
2. America Chavez
3. Angela

(in a neat coincidence, my list wound up being in alphabetical order)

---

Job 203: nominate a Marvel stage for DLC

I was going to save this until after this round's Marvel character was decided on, but I didn't want to skip doing a job today. (I wanted to save the last costume packs of the season for after the guest characters had been decided on, I didn't want to jump straight into guest characters, and every character has a moveset, costumes, and a rival aside from Lois Lane, who has one of those and has nominations for another) As long as it's not a location that's already in the game, it's eligible.

Also, if anyone wants to be specific with stage cameos for this stage or any stage that's already in the game, they can post their lists; playable characters can also be stage cameos. (they'd just disappear if they were being played as)

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
1. Star-Lord
2. Nova
3. Adam Warlock

So, back in the base game when we did a cosmic round, I placed Rocket, Adam and Gamora all above Star-Lord. Now I have Star-Lord in first place, and truth be told I'm willing to leave Adam behind.
Now, why is this the case? In all honesty, I thought we'd have more Guardians in this roster by now. We don't, and we're coming up on the last season; This is possibly the last chance for one of the biggest names in Marvel at the moment so I'd say this round should go to Peter.
After Peter I would say Adam, but I want to give Nova a shot too since he is a very classic Marvel hero with Fighting Game veterancy under his belt.

Also, I must say, I like the lineup of nominees for this round; Definitely a lot more unique than had we gone with the Avengers round

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
1. Star-Lord
2. Nova
3. America

Note: The views of Deadpool do not reflect the views of 92MilesPrower.

Intro Dialogue:

Deadpool vs Lois Lane:

Deadpool: "...a-are you kidding me? Okay, WHO ON THE DEV TEAM THOUGHT IT'D BE FUNNY TO MAKE LOIS LANE PLAYABLE?! WHERE THE HELL ARE THE WONDER TWINS?!"
Lois: "jotting down notes Seems to be talking to nobody, and has a variety of weapons... possibly an escapee from Gotham City's Arkham Asylum?"
Deadpool: "WHO'S NEXT, FOGGY NELSON?! GODDAMN AUNT MAY?! I MIGHT AS WELL CHECK MYSELF INTO ARKHAM IF EITHER END UP HAPPENING!"

Last edited:
Top Bottom