• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Some great choices there. I ended up not doing that write-up for Kang, and I apologize for that, I was pretty busy

1. Namor
2. Kang
3. Ultron

Honorable mentions go to MODOK and Zemo who are among my favorite Marvel baddies, but I feel that Namor deserves it the most and I like Kang and Ultron more. Kang specifically is why I nominated this prompt

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 194:Comic Cartoons (a costume pack of characters that have Cartoons)

Spetacular Spider-Man
(Costume for Spider-Man)​

Earth's Mightiest Heroes Iron Man
(Costume for Iron Man)​

TAS Batman
(Costume for Batman)​

Teen Titans Cyborg
(Costume for Cyborg)​

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Baron Zemo: 4
Mandarin: 4
Proctor: 4
MODOK: 5
Kang: 15
Namor: 19
Ultron: 21

As a result, the Avengers villain that we add will be Ultron! Congrats, Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer !

Ultron 5.png

My Gorilla Grodd moveset will be used by default.

Here are the nominees for the DLC costume round:

First Appearance ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )Action Comics #1 SupermanDetective Comics #27 BatmanAmazing Fantasy #15 Spider-ManOriginal Ms. Marvel (Captain Marvel)
Cross-Company Kerfuffle ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )Hyperion (premiere for Superman)Power Princess (premiere for Wonder Woman)Machinehead (Iron Man)Lord Havok (Doctor Doom)
Halloween Invasion ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )Vampire BatmanDCeased Martian ManhunterZombie HulkFrench Maid Deadpool
Comic Cartoons ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )DCAU Batman???Spectacular Spider-ManEarth's Mightiest Heroes Iron Man

We do already have a Teen Titans cartoon costume for Cyborg, so you'll have to go with something else, DragonRobotKing. (maybe a Young Justice design for a character could be worth looking into?)

Vote for your top two, you can't put your own in first, and the top two will be included.

1. First Appearance
2. Cross-Company Kerfuffle

---

Job 195: nominate a moveset for Ultron

Like before, this job will be open for two or three days. I'll see what I can come up with; I'm hoping to avoid overlapping with Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, though I might wind up using it for inspiration.

Job 196: nominate costumes for Gorilla Grodd

As usual, we'll pick a default costume and up to seven alternate costumes.

Last edited:

NanayaGaming

Smash Journeyman
I vote for Ultron, Namor and Kang.

For costume pack, my nomination is a cross company costume pack, even if someone else did it, the costumes would be Hyperion for Superman, Black Cat for Catwoman, Bumblebee for Wasp and Machinehead for Superman.

Nvm I came 1 minute late lol

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
You know what, **** it I will post the moveset apart. (EDIT: In the end he won so, hurray(?) )

ULTRON MOVELIST
1665594097012.png
General Playstyle
Ultron is a mixup zoner fighter who's main game is trick the opponent to fall at his trap. It's hard to domain him but in the end it's very satisfactory to use.

Unique Ability - DNA Scanner
Ultron analyze the opponent shooting a non-damaging beam that ignores defense, this fills the "Scan Meter" that increase the power of Ultron's moves, if the meter is full Ultron can also use the special move Encephalo-Beam that drains all the Scan Meter. For evite build meter too fast the attack is quite lenghty and can't be comboed or cancelled making Ultron vulnerable during the scan.

MOVE NAME
INPUT
DESCRIPTION
Death Ray​
236+ X (Air OK)
Very similar to the MvCI incarnation, depending of the button pressed Ultron shoots a pair of red beams straight (light), to the air (medium) or crossed (heavy).
Destruction Blast​
623 + X
Ultron grabs the opponent and chokes them while flying, finishing with an eyebeam, you can select the direction where you launch the opponent during the choke.
Orbital Descent​
214 + X (Midair)Ultron charges to the opponents to any direction he wants depending of the button pressed, it can be followed between each other two times in a row.
Siphon Grenade​
214 + X
Ultron launch a gravity device to the ground that pulls the opponent to that place, perfect for juggle them for a while.
Drone Assault​
22 + X
Ultron calls one of his drones who does different actions depending of the button pressed, the light version does a straight punch, the medium one does a smaller version of Ultron's Death Ray, the strong one does the same but upwards and the special one does a masive energy blast that it's unblockable.
Encephalo-Beam​
XX (when Scan Meter is full)Pressing two buttons at the same time when Scan Meter is at max capacity makes Ultron create a red-purpleish energy sphere at front of him grabbing the opponent's head shocking them and making them fall to his knees.
Level 1:
Meltdown
236236 + X
Ultron's command grab, starting similar to Destruction Blast but instead of flying Ultron pulls the opponent very near to his face and release a masive beam of energy to them, very powerful even if it's a Level 1.
Level 2:
Vibranium Alienation
214214 + X
Ultron creates a cape of vibranium around him giving him superarmor for a while allowing him to take damage without stopping his attacks.
Level 3:
Age of Ultron
All Buttons Pressed
Using the particles that his "father" created, Ultron reveals a big time portal that was previously shrinked with Pym Particles back the opponent, then he flies and pulls the opponent to said portal, sending them to the future where he rules. Multiple drones attacks the opponent until a giant-sized Ultron appears at the end attacking the opponent with a giant blast that covers the screen in red, sending them back to the portal where they enter in first place.

For the votations:
  1. Cross-Company
  2. Halloween Invasion

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Wait what

That's like the first design that pops into my head when I think of The Joker
As the guy who did the base Joker costumes, I decided to go mostly with the comic-book looks, for the last one I was thinking between TAS Joker, Ledger Joker and Joaquin Joker (being the last one the one I used since it's the more visually different), the Joker is a man who had tons of costumes in the comics and in transmedia content that it was a hard decision try to come with a definitive list (other good options where his Batman R.I.P. outfit, the one of The Dark Knight Returns or his tuxedo from Batman Endgame).

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I wasn't able to post this beforehand due to the downtime, but I have some costumes for Grodd.

1. Default

2. New 52

3. Superfriends

4. Harley Quinn

5. Injustice

6. Brave and the Bold

7. TV show

8. DC Legends

Options were limited, to say the least. (one of them is just Grodd with a hat)

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm not sure how long the downtime was, so I'm not sure whether to extend the Grodd job for another day or not. If everyone else is fine with moving on, then my Grodd costumes can win by default. (otherwise, if anyone has other ideas for costumes, they can post them today)

As for the costume pack results:

Cartoon: 1
Cross-Company: 4
Halloween: 6
First Appearance: 7

As a result, we'll be adding the First Appearance pack and the Halloween Invasion pack! Congratulations to PinkFlare PinkFlare and Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer !

The Ultron moveset job will continue for another day, at least. I'll see what I can come up with.

Job 197: nominate arcade mode rivals for Gorilla Grodd and Ultron

As usual, pick a character from the other company.

Job 198: nominate a woman from DC

Outside of the women who are already in the game (Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Raven, Zatanna, Black Canary, Catwoman, Power Girl, Poison Ivy, and any premiere costumes like Supergirl or Nubia), any woman from DC qualifies.

Last edited:

Jondolio

Smash Hero
Gonna resubmit Hawkgirl
I will submit Shayera Hol AKA Hawkgirl

Hawkgirl.png

A cop from Thanagar and the partner/wife of Hawkman. She's usually associated with her husband but she has appeared on her own in the past, such as in the Justice League cartoon as a founding member as well as Injustice.

She uses her Nth Mace and she can fly. She has just about every perk that comes with adding Hawkman except she's also a girl (which we could still use more of)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
For Grodd's rival, I'm going to nominate Rocket Raccoon and Groot, since Grodd and Rocket are the only two sentient animals in the roster, and both of them got their intelligence from aliens.

For Ultron's rival, I'm going to nominate Cyborg - Ultron could try to take over Cyborg's mechanical parts in order to use Cyborg's Apokolips technology to further his mission, but Cyborg wards him off, forcing Ultron to try and take the technology from his corpse instead.

DC woman nomination:

Cassandra Cain (Black Bat)

Cassandra is the daughter of two of the top assassins in the DC universe, David Cain and Lady Shiva. Her childhood was spent turning her into the greatest assassin at the cost of learning concepts like reading, writing, and speech. However, upon taking her first life, she was repulsed by what she had done and turned against her father's teachings, eventually saving Commissioner Gordon's life and joining the Batfamily as Batgirl. She's a master martial artist and can read body language expertly, but her upbringing has left her near-mute and illiterate.

So in short, she's very different from the DCEU version.

Black Bat may have a utility belt, but she rarely uses the gadgets in it, which would help to set her apart from Batman in terms of gameplay. She'd be a powerful close range fighter, but she wouldn't have a lot of options for ranged attacks, meaning that she's predictable when at a distance.

(I was honestly this close to nominating Katana with the description consisting of nothing but Rick Flag's monologue about her from the original Suicide Squad. "This is Katana. She's got my back." etc.)

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Snapchat-2050828258.jpg
General Playstyle
Lois Lane is a rushdown fighter with technical and defensive plays, with a focus on pressing against the opponent and using every tool in their arsenal to get a foothold against the powerhouse heroes in the roster, whether it be boosting herself or negative affects against the opponent

This moveset takes inspiration from MvC3's Phoenix Wright and Nick Brawl's April O'Neil

Unique Ability - Solid Reputation
Lois has a special 5 bar Meter, the Reputation Guage, that is built up over the course of the match. For each successful special move landed, her reputation increases
Using the Unique Action button combined with an attack, Lois can increase the damage of said attack; However, after 3 bars are filled, Lois will be able to use a special move at the cost of 1 meter: Award Winner!

Special Move NameInputDescription
Award WinnerQFC + UALois reaches in her pocket for a Pulitzer Prize award, which she uses as a melee weapon to backhand the opponent with, spending a bar of the Reputation Guage but doing moderate damage
If the Reputation Guage is completely filled, the move will change; Instead of throwing a normal sized Pulitzer Prize, a giant sized one will roll across the screen and do more damage against the opponent
Investigative JournalismDP + XLois crouches down, whips out her notepad, and begins searching for dirt to use against the opponent; This evidence is dictated by the attack button, and each one has a special property

L - Incriminating Photo: With complete confidence in her story, Lois receives a temporary attack buff
M - Uncovered Evidence: Motivated by her findings, Lois receives a temporary speed buff
H - Witness Report: With backing from the Witness in place, Lois receives a temporary defense buff
Firing Blanks (Parry)HCF + XIn reference to Superman II, Lois pulls out a gun loaded with a blank and fires it off; This forces the opponent to take a defensive position, not realizing Lois' bluff, and leaving them open for a direct counterattack
Take the shot, Jimmy!QCB + XJimmy Olsen steps onto the battlefield and takes a photo with blinding flash on; The white flash from the camera has a hitbox that damages opponents within range
Cooking Up a StoryHCF + X (Hold)Lois pulls out a table and typewriter from behind the camera; For as long as the attack button is held, Lois will type up a written story on the spot, and giants flashing words will come out of the typewriter and fire against the opponent as projectiles
If the attack is held too long, the typewriter will break
I get a pass, don't I?Down, Down + XLois flashes her Daily Planet lanyard, which acts as a reflect against any physical or projectile move

Super Move NameInputDescription
Level 1 - Bad PressLois makes quick phonecall to the Daily Planet; Suddenly, a helicopter flies overhead and a spotlight shines over the opponent, with the paparazzi filling out the background of the stage;
For as long as the spotlight is on, the opponent will take small amount of damage overtime
Level 2 - Breaking NewsLois, with a single hand, picks up a Newspaper Dispenser and places it in front of her; Suddenly, a slew of Newspapers rapidly flies out, each one acting as an individual projectile against the opponent
If the opponent is successfully hit by enough Newspapers, the paper cuts sustained will cause a temporary bleed affect after the match
Level 3 - Making Headlines (Cinematic)All Buttons PressedLois calls upon Jimmy once again to take a shot; Jimmy brings a whole camera crew and takes the first photo; If the hit is landed successfully, the cinematic starts with the whole camera crew surrounding the opponent; Suddenly, a flash of bright light blinds the screen as it transitions to a demeaning newspaper headline against the opponent!
The newspaper goes through the printers and the Daily Planet begins selling it en masse; Thousands of citizens around the world read the headline and place all negativity against the opponent
Back on the stage, a large crowd of citizens now surrounds the opponent, throwing whatever they can at them; One of them throws the groundbreaking paper, in which the opponent, now catching it and reading it for themselves, is shocked, and takes a single massive blow of damage due to their now bruised ego!

Each character has their own unique headline that is listed below
Level 3 - The Scoop on Superman! (Cinematic)All Buttons PressedWhen Lois is facing off against Superman, her level 3 for the round changes

Lois calls in Jimmy for assistance, in which he, alone, takes the shot; If Superman is hit, Jimmy will distract him whilst Lois runs about trying to uncover clues on Superman's secret identity
Just as Lois thinks she's hit it big and is ready to publish, she hears rumbling from a nearby crowded Newspaper Dispenser; The headline, "Superman saves Daily Planet Reporter from Further Harm" is seen in bold, and as Lois picks up the paper, she sees it was written by none other than Clark Kent!
Lois, humiliated by the headline, confronts Kent within the office of the Daily Planet, only for Kent himself to reveal that he is Superman! Lois, taken by shock, slaps Clark across the face, dealing a massive amount of damage to his health with a single blow, and both return to the battlefield to pick up where they left off!

DC CharacterHeadlineMarvel CharacterHeadline
SupermanSee aboveSpider-ManSpider-Man: Threat or Menace!

"Oh, c'mon!" - Spidey
BatmanRich 1%er picks a fight against the Mentally Ill!Iron ManAlcoholic Playboy makes Superweapon; World in danger!
Wonder WomanSymbol of Women's movement refuses to wear proper pants!WolverineSmelly Rodent on the Loose; Better call Pest Control!
FlashClumsy Speedsters rushes into fight; Quickly get his butt kicked!Captain AmericaOutdated 40's symbol not fit to lead America!
AquamanSuperhero talks to fish; Crime rates drop by 0%!HulkFormer Scientist becomes the joke of Anger Management issues!
Green LanternTacky-Costumed Hero can't sling a ring for his life!ThorThunderer unworthy of his own hammer; God no more!
JokerInsane Clown Posse back in fashion; Ineffective as ever!MagnetoCrazy Old Kook puts on helmet; Supervillains become national joke!
Lex LuthorFailing Business loses mind and becomes World's worst villain!Doctor DoomBackwards Monarch leads foreign nation with 0 Progress!
ShazamHigh School dropout takes on crime;Doctor StrangeDisabled Surgeon takes hand at backyard Magic Tricks!
Harley QuinnMad Jester sets Evil Women's movement back decades!Black Panther
RavenDeadpoolNuthouse Escapee runs rampant on the Streets!
Plastic ManThe Thing
ConstantineDaredevil
ZatannaMs. Marvel
Black CanaryStorm
Ra's Al GhulCaptain Marvel
CatwomanDoctor Octopus
Martian ManhunterGhost Rider
Green ArrowVenom
DeathstrokeLoki
StarroRocket & Groot
Doctor FateScarlet Witch
Blue BeetleMiles Morales
CyborgWasp
DarkseidThanos

Last edited:

KneeOfJustice99

Smash Champion
the building from smash mouth's astro lounge
I'm not sure how long the downtime was, so I'm not sure whether to extend the Grodd job for another day or not. If everyone else is fine with moving on, then my Grodd costumes can win by default. (otherwise, if anyone has other ideas for costumes, they can post them today)

As for the costume pack results:

Cartoon: 1
Cross-Company: 4
Halloween: 6
First Appearance: 7

As a result, we'll be adding the First Appearance pack and the Halloween Invasion pack! Congratulations to PinkFlare PinkFlare and Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer !

The Ultron moveset job will continue for another day, at least. I'll see what I can come up with.

Job 197: nominate arcade mode rivals for Gorilla Grodd and Ultron

As usual, pick a character from the other company.

Job 198: nominate a woman from DC

Outside of the women who are already in the game (Wonder Woman, Harley Quinn, Raven, Zatanna, Black Canary, Catwoman, Power Girl, Poison Ivy, and any premiere costumes like Supergirl or Nubia), any woman from DC qualifies.
Screw it, I may as well hop back in the fray whilst I have a bit of energy in me ahaha

Job #198:
Honestly, this is such an open-ended job that you could have a lot of fun with - fun which I can tell everyone's already having! So, I'll go for...

Character Name: Livewire
Character Origin: Superman: The Animated Series (Season 2, Episode 5: Livewire) - 1997

One of DC's interesting cases in that she didn't originate from a comic, Livewire - real name Leslie Willis - would honestly just be such a fun inclusion into a game like this. She's a Superman villain, a group that genuinely doesn't get enough rep in a lot of crossovers like this, but she's also entangled with other characters like Batgirl and Flash - and honestly, as a somewhat newer character to add to the fold, she's even got a cool bit of representation to add to her case if you're that sort.

Of course, that's not my focus. I think Livewire would be a really fun inclusion for a wide variety of reasons, one of the main ones being her electric personality. Being a radio DJ in the old canon before becoming a vlogger in the current one, I think she'd be a really cool presence to fill out the room - and her interactions with various characters would be pretty interesting given her personal distain for a lot of heroes that goes a bit deeper than it just being a hatred of all that's good (and maybe even her fairly recent reform could come into play, if you wanted?)

Oh, and this isn't even getting into her potential moveset - I think she'd be an intriguing character to fight both as and against, with ground and air speed not far behind even that of the Flash given her electric abilities. Not only this, but she could easily be a very evasive and reactionary character, using her ability to turn into electricity to dodge opponents - and perhaps even having access to a couple of AoE attacks by setting up audio equipment could give her even more character and a really unique vibe amongst the cast.

Whilst Livewire might not have the universal recognition or constant relevance of some of the other characters submitted, I think she's an interesting inclusion that's had her fair share of entanglements with the big leagues, as well as a really unique powerset and personality that would give her a lot of potential were she to be included. Honestly, I just... think she'd be cool.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
My submission is Stephanie Brown A.K.A. The Spoiler A.K.A. Robin A.K.A. Batgirl (yeah she used quite a few amount of alias), she is the daughter of a third-rate villain called The Cluemaster who became The Spoiler to stop his own father, eventually she was sorta adopted by Batman as Robin and later change to Batgirl just to make a transition to The Spoiler once again. She usually fights with a three-sections staff similar to Nightwing, thought she also makes use of her motorcycle and she also has a more "agressive" style for put in some way.

Ngl I was inspired by Megadoomer who submitted Cassandra Cain, my favorite Batgirl, so I decided to submit my second favorite Batgirl.

D

Deleted member

katana-in-the-other-history-of-the-DC-universe-comic.jpg

Katana

Tatsu Yamashiro was a regular woman from Japan, but when her husbamd was killed by the Yazuka, his soul went into a sword known as the Soul Taker. Tatsu took the sword, using it to avenge her husband and fight evil as the vigilante Katana. The sword holds the souls of those slain with it inside it. She's been a member of teams like the Suicide Sqaud, the Birds of Prey and even the Justice League. I think having a traditional sword user style character would be cool, and she could have some fun interactions with characters like Wolverine and Datedevil. She also has a surpsing amount of alt costume potential.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My Gorilla Grodd costumes, and my nominations for Grodd and Ultron's rivals, win by default, as does Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Ultron moveset.

Here are the nominees for the DC women round:

dc women dlc nominees.png

-Starfire ( Champion of Hyrule Champion of Hyrule )
-Hawkgirl ( Jondolio Jondolio )
-Black Bat/Cassandra Cain ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Lois Lane ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )
-Livewire ( KneeOfJustice99 KneeOfJustice99 )
-Killer Frost ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-Spoiler/Stephanie Brown ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Katana (@Darkonedagger)

Vote for your top three, and you can't put your own in first.

1. Lois Lane
2. Starfire
3. Black Bat

---

Job 199: nominate costumes for Ultron

As usual, we'll go with a default costume and up to seven alternates.

Last edited:
Top Bottom