• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
I figured stages would wait until after we got more DC character and that we'd jump into bosses next; Nonetheless I'll submit a stag later today.

1. Gorilla Grodd
2. King Shark
3. Mirrormaster

I feel like the outcome of this round was decided before any of the nominations were even put down

Last edited:

92MilesPrower

Smash Ace
1. Captain Cold
2. Mirror Master
3. King Shark

And here’s a Rocket and Groot opening dialogue:

Rocket and Groot vs. Poison Ivy:
Rocket: “What the… plants? Groot, you’re not familiar with this lady, are you?”
Groot: “I am Groot.”
Rocket: “Whaddaya mean do I know her? I’m asking YOU!”
Poison Ivy: “Oh my, look at how handsome you are… I’d love to get a much closer look at you if your little ‘friend’ doesn’t mind…”
Groot: “I am Groot.”
Rocket: “groans Yes Groot, we’re headed STRAIGHT for the ship after we kick her teeth in!”

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Meanwhile, at the Legion of Doom...

I am once again nominating the Hall of Doom as a stage, both because at least 2/3 of the DC characters in this season are supervillains (3/3 could be possible, but I'm not sure how many major female supervillains we're missing), and because this location seems like it has an absurd amount of potential for cameos as various supervillains (both playable and non-playable) come out to watch the fighting. (Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Sinestro, Scarecrow, Solomon Grundy, Black Manta, Toyman, etc.)

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 190:Atlantis

Atlantis is a underwater kingdom and it's the Aquaman's kingdom,also the city is based on a mythological city. outside in the comics Atlantis is showed in cartoons as Justice League cartoon and Young Justice cartoon, The Flash TV Live-Action Series and principally the Aquaman movie.

But how the characters will fight on Atlantis?
they will fight inside a place with glass,kinda similar to Atlantis in Injustice 1 and 2

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Job 190:Atlantis

Atlantis is a underwater kingdom and it's the Aquaman's kingdom,also the city is based on a mythological city. outside in the comics Atlantis is showed in cartoons as Justice League cartoon and Young Justice cartoon, The Flash TV Live-Action Series and principally the Aquaman movie.

But how the characters will fight on Atlantis?
they will fight inside a place with glass,kinda similar to Atlantis in Injustice 1 and 2
Atlantlis is already in the game

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Meanwhile, at the Legion of Doom...

I am once again nominating the Hall of Doom as a stage, both because at least 2/3 of the DC characters in this season are supervillains (3/3 could be possible, but I'm not sure how many major female supervillains we're missing), and because this location seems like it has an absurd amount of potential for cameos as various supervillains (both playable and non-playable) come out to watch the fighting. (Lex Luthor, Brainiac, Sinestro, Scarecrow, Solomon Grundy, Black Manta, Toyman, etc.)
Yeah I forgot to nominate a stage. This was my planned pick!

I did have another idea I would like to submit but that goes along better with a character I am planning to submit in a later round so perhaps I'll just save it for Season 3; We're overdue for the Hall of Doom anyway

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Cicada: 2
Black Flash: 2
Captain Boomerang: 3
Mirror Master: 7
Godspeed: 8
King Shark: 10
Captain Cold: 16
Gorilla Grodd: 18

Grodd 5.png

We've rejected humanity and returned to monke, because Gorilla Grodd will be our next DLC character! Congratulations, Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds !

Here's the poll for the DC stage; I'm not sure if people are running low on ideas for DC stages, or if I did this round too early. (I wanted to space the stage rounds out rather than cramming all of them into the end)

---

Job 191: nominate a Gorilla Grodd moveset

As usual, I'll leave this open for 2-3 days, depending on how many nominations we get by the end of the second day. I've got an idea for Grodd's moveset, though I'll have to look into his portrayal, feats, etc. (I felt like his Injustice 2 portrayal didn't use much of his psychic powers, from what I've played of him in that game)

Job 192: nominate a DC boss for the boss challenge mode

Seeing as we did a Marvel boss, I figure we can do a DC boss today; I want to put a gap between character rounds whenever possible.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
The Batman Who Laughs
While we already have a premiere costume for him as The Joker, a boss version of him wouldn't hurt, thought it wouldn't use Joker's moveset and instead it would have his own, when you taught he was defeated he would wake up as The Darkest Knight. Defeat him would unlock the Death Metal outfit of Wonder Woman (since she was the actual heroine of the story, after all), the Chainsaw of Truth is sadly not included tho.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Cicada: 2
Black Flash: 2
Captain Boomerang: 3
Mirror Master: 7
Godspeed: 8
King Shark: 10
Captain Cold: 16
Gorilla Grodd: 18

View attachment 362023

We've rejected humanity and returned to monke, because Gorilla Grodd will be our next DLC character! Congratulations, Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds !

Here's the poll for the DC stage; I'm not sure if people are running low on ideas for DC stages, or if I did this round too early. (I wanted to space the stage rounds out rather than cramming all of them into the end)

---

Job 191: nominate a Gorilla Grodd moveset

As usual, I'll leave this open for 2-3 days, depending on how many nominations we get by the end of the second day. I've got an idea for Grodd's moveset, though I'll have to look into his portrayal, feats, etc. (I felt like his Injustice 2 portrayal didn't use much of his psychic powers, from what I've played of him in that game)

Job 192: nominate a DC boss for the boss challenge mode

Seeing as we did a Marvel boss, I figure we can do a DC boss today; I want to put a gap between character rounds whenever possible.
I'm surprised this round was as close as it was, but regardless the obvious winner won!

I feel like our DLC was in need of heavyweights so I'm glad to have Grodd. I'll try to make a moveset when I get home, and same for the Boss nomination.

As for the stages, I don't think it's because we're running out of ideas for DC stages, but this definitely could've waited until we figured out the DC roster; It also may be because nobody wanted to overshadow the Hall of Doom, since I myself had numerous ideas I otped not to nominate for that reason (Metropolis, S.T.A.R. Labs, Flash Museum, etc.)

I'll definitely put my nomination up for the next DC round

Edit: Oh yeah, uh, that video isn't fan made, it's from CW Legends of Tomorrow

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Parallax

While he's already a costume for Green Lantern, I figure a powered-up version of him (with a boss-exclusive level 3 that involves the entity of fear with the same name) would work well as a boss character.

His level 3 would have him summon the insectoid parasite shown above, which would devour the opponent, causing them to go through a series of nightmarish visuals. Otherwise, he'd be faster, stronger, and more durable than the playable Green Lantern.

Beating him would unlock Kyle Rayner as a premiere costume for Green Lantern; I figure the two are similar enough in terms of proportions, and Kyle replaced Hal Jordan as a result of the whole "Parallax" debacle.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
I'm surprised this round was as close as it was, but regardless the obvious winner won!

I feel like our DLC was in need of heavyweights so I'm glad to have Grodd. I'll try to make a moveset when I get home, and same for the Boss nomination.

As for the stages, I don't think it's because we're running out of ideas for DC stages, but this definitely could've waited until we figured out the DC roster; It also may be because nobody wanted to overshadow the Hall of Doom, since I myself had numerous ideas I otped not to nominate for that reason (Metropolis, S.T.A.R. Labs, Flash Museum, etc.)

I'll definitely put my nomination up for the next DC round

Edit: Oh yeah, uh, that video isn't fan made, it's from CW Legends of Tomorrow
Yeah Season 3 goes places. Elvis Presley accidently using a mythical stone to ressurect the dead, The Legends use the Main Antagonist's IRL Voice Actor to trick the bad guys and this(Also Beebo)

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job 192: DC Boss
DOOMSDAY
First Appearance: Superman: Man of Steel #18 (December, 1992)

I had considered renominated Brainiac, but I decided to hold off against that in favor of another important Superman villain, and one of the most famous of all-time: Doomsday! Honestly, he could be considered a Justice League level threat by himself, even if he is heavily attached to Superman; He's insanely powerful and is capable of taking on the entire Justice League himself. Hell, there was an animated movie based entirely around that premise:
The movie in of itself wasn't very good but hey it got the point across!

I think, moving at this rate, we're unlikely to see characters like Doomsday as playable ones with the rest of the roster, so with threats as big as this we can definitely find alternative representation as boss characters. Doomsday warrants this as being an absolute powerhouse threat for most heroes; And in a DC vs. Marvel game the possibilities just expand. Imagine Doomsday going up against the Avengers, or the X-Men?

Reward: Okay, so apparently we're allowed to do Stages as a reward? This kinda blew my mind as that's a pretty big reward; And since Doomsday is a pretty significant Superman villain, I figure he should get an accompanying Superman stage:

Krypton!
Other Boss Ideas: Amazo, Brainiac, Vandal Savage

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

The Hall of Doom will be included as a DLC stage, and the moveset job for Grodd will remain open. (I'll try to post a moveset later today)

dc boss nominations 2.png

-The OverBrainiac/Convergence Brainiac
-The Batman Who Laughs
-Parallax
-Doomsday

---

Job 193: nominate an Avengers villain for DLC

If the Avengers have fought them as a team, then they're eligible for this. (so even the likes of Namor, who bounces between hero and villain, or the Mandarin, who's traditionally an Iron Man villain, are eligible here, since they've fought the Avengers in issues 3 and 4 and Avengers Annual #1, respectively)

EDIT: In case anyone isn't sure about who to nominate, here are some ideas:

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
ULTRON
1665418399733.png

An artificial intelligence created by Hank Pym as a test in order to create the first true AI, Ultron came to see humanity as an abomination that needed to be destroyed. One of the Avengers' oldest, persistent foes, Ultron has upgraded itself numerous times, with each configuration more powerful than the last.

Ultron has experience in fighting games, being one of the main villains and a playable character in Marvel vs. Capcom: Infinite, thought that doesn't mean that there is nothing else to do with him, and for prove it, here it is a moveset! WIP

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
You'll never see him coming... if not for the fact that I mentioned him as one of the examples.

Mandarin.png

The Mandarin

A warlord and criminal mastermind, the man known only as the Mandarin was born into poverty before discovering ten rings on a crashed alien spaceship. Each ring granted the user different abilities, such as rearranging matter, manipulating electromagnetic energy, manipulating the thoughts of others, or shooting fire, ice, and electricity. (some are more impressive than others) He used these rings to become an influential arms dealer and carve out his own territory within China.

This led to conflicts with Iron Man (eventually establishing himself as Tony Stark's arch-nemesis) and the Avengers, as he strives for world conquest. In addition to his rings and his strategic mind, he's also a skilled swordsman and martial artist, able to dismantle Iron Man's armour with his bare hands.

Last edited:

Qwerty UIOP

Smash Lord
Ight ima gonna nominate Proctor, an alternate version of Black Knight who was driven mad by the eternal Sersei

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Gorilla Grodd moveset

Unique Ability: Brute Force
- Grodd beats his chest and taps into his primal instincts, gaining super armour on his specials and heavy attacks while the ability is active. When he powers through an attack, it takes a chunk off of the bar that drains slowly beneath the unique ability button, and it still deals some damage to him.

Psychic Slam (quarter circle forward + attack) - as a command grab, Grodd grabs the enemy and tosses them into the air, before using telekinesis to slam them into the ground.

Ground Pound (back, forward, attack) - Grodd leaps forward, slamming both fists into the ground.

Telekinetic Toss (quarter circle back + attack) - Grodd sticks his hand out in front of him, and the air ripples. If the opponent touches the rippling air, they're launched across the screen.

Mental Lift (down, up, attack) - Grodd lifts himself into the air with telekinesis before he comes crashing down with the weight of a 600 pound gorilla. The initial lift doesn't deal damage.

Mind Control (down, down, attack) - Grodd places a hand on his temple, and if he's hit with a physical attack, the opponent stops short of hitting him and then beats themself up as Grodd watches smugly.

Level 1: Savage Smackdown (half circle forward + attack) - Grodd grabs the opponent, slamming them into the ground several times, both with his bare hands and with telekinesis.

Level 2: Leaden Laser (quarter circle forward x2 + attack) - Grodd builds a handheld cannon with telekinesis and, if he isn't interrupted, fires it, sending out a shockwave that slows down the opponent for a moderate amount of time if it hits them.

Level 3: Make America Grodd Again (press all buttons) - Grodd slaps his palms on the ground in front of him, and if the opponent is hit, Grodd holds them in place with telekinesis as he builds a giant monument to himself out of scrap metal. The opponent is lifted into the air, where the giant metal Grodd punches the opponent several times, mimicking the flesh and blood Grodd on the ground. Once the opponent hits the ground, Grodd breaks his monument back down into scrap metal and telekinetically flings it at the downed opponent, ending the super.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Modok.png

MODOK
The Mental Organism Designed Only for Killing. Once a scientist named George Tarleton, he turned himself into this grosstece head, sacrificing his body for a huge brain. He is super intlgent, and can fire beams from his Forehead. He's a strangely prevelvent character, appearing in MVC, the Avengers game, his own cartoon, and is set to appear in the mcu soon.

Last edited by a moderator:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
View attachment 362108
Red Skull
The main enemy of Captain America and the leader of Hydra. He'd use various weapons, call on Hyrda goons, and use the common cube to teleport and power himself up. I understand some may be uncomfortable with a playable na*I. But later versions of the character have made hom only acre about Hyrda, simply using them for his own ends. Plus he's playable in a bunch of marvel mobile games
Why'd you change it M.O.D.O.K. was good

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
The Batman Who Laughs will be our second DC boss! We'll keep the Grodd moveset job going for another day.

Here are the nominees for the Avengers villain round:

avengers villain DLC nominees.png

-Ultron ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Kang the Conqueror ( Jondolio Jondolio )
-Namor ( 92MilesPrower 92MilesPrower )
-Baron Zemo ( DragonRobotKing26 DragonRobotKing26 )
-The Mandarin ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Proctor ( Qwerty UIOP Qwerty UIOP )
-M.O.D.O.K. (@Darkonedagger)

Vote for your top three, and you can't put your own in first.

1. Kang
2. Ultron
3. Namor

---

Job 194: nominate a costume pack

As usual, we'll nominate four costumes per pack - two for Marvel and two for DC. It helps to have a theme, and you can nominate regular costumes or premiere costumes; it's your call.

You can look at our previous winners for examples: costumes from the future, costumes from the past, costumes based around Apocalypse or Apokolips, and costumes based on ancestors of the characters.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
1. Namor
2. Zemo
3. Kang

I will be renominating a costume pack this time, and this in fact my second renomination in this entire thread! Woohoo!
Unlike Sentry, this won't require a new write-up, so I'll simply be quoting the original post.
I think we can all agree that first impressions are important; They can be what makes or breaks the perception of any person or project for the rest of their life. Daunting, isn't it? Perhaps it is rather inflated... but there are some first impressions out there that say otherwise. In fact, some of these first impressions are so great, that they created the most iconic fictional comics of all-time; Perhaps nobody can live up to those expectations, can they?

Job 174 194: First Appearance Costume Pack

Action Comics #1

This was such a baffling exclusion from the base game;
The first appearance of any single character on this roster and the originator of the superhero genre, but it's not included here?
That doesn't fly with me.
Amazing Fantasy #15

Most popular superhero of all-time, his first appearance in any media, in the red-and-black suit with webbing wings; Yeah, put it on the list.
Detective Comics #27

Of course this one had to be in here; How could it not be? I mean, not only is Batman just DC's most popular IP, but DC also stands for Detective Comics; This is the perfect fit for a First Appearance costume.
Plus, the amount of differences between this and the normal batsuit are substantial enough to warrant it; I mean, have you seen this guy's hat? Those weird purple gloves? Eesh, Bruce.
Ms. Marvel #1

So, slight technicality; This isn't Carol Danvers' first appearance; In fact, she was Mar-Vell's damsel in distress long before then, but Ms. Marvel #1 marks the first appearance of Ms. Marvel, and the start of Carol's superhero career as a whole. I'd say this qualifies.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Costume Pack: Cross-Company Kerfuffle

Marvel and DC have made plenty of characters who are, to put it politely, just barely lawyer-friendly versions of characters from the other company. I figure that a crossover like this could make use of that.

Hyperion
(premiere costume for Superman)

Machinehead
(costume for Iron Man)
power princess.png

Power Princess
(premiere costume for Wonder Woman)

Lord Havok
(costume for Doctor Doom)

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I didn't had the time to finish my Ultron moveset (thought I would try to finish it before the end of the votations), but here are my votes and my costume pack (my original idea was a Cross-Company costume pack but that idea was already taken and the only difference would be Bumblebee for a Wasp costume instead of Lord Havok so I prefer submiting something else).
  1. The Mandarin
  2. Ultron
  3. Namor
Costume Pack: Halloween Invasion!
A Halloween-themed pack, yeah there is not too much to explain.
Vampire Batman
DCeased Martian Manhunter
Zombie Hulk
French Maid Deadpool
I mean, not everything in Halloween needs to be monsters, and there is nothing scarier than a maid with a gun!
1665516656849.png
1665516780482.png

Last edited:
Top Bottom