• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Captain Boomerang: 1
Cheetah: 2
General Zod: 3
King Shark: 4
Brainiac: 10
Captain Cold: 11
Gorilla Grodd: 12
Black Adam: 17

View attachment 360463

The hierarchy of power in DC vs. Marvel: Infinity Crisis is changing, because Black Adam will be the first DLC character!
I love you for this
On another note, I'm surprised this round was as close as it was; I was expecting Black Adam to be the one of the first nominees and then win by a landslide, especially given how close he came in previous rounds and the base roster discussion we had afterwards.

He won regardless, but I guess this also speaks on how many other villains people want to see included, rather than enthusiasm for Black Adam dissipitating.

I am currently away from home and won't be doing the costume jobs until I return, but I will participate in the DLC discussion

Discussion: non-character DLC

We've briefly discussed this before, but I wanted to get everyone's thoughts on how to handle DLC beyond characters. Three categories come to mind:

• Stages - I think we generally agreed that four would be a good amount (though if you want more or less per season, it doesn't have to be 4 specifically), but how should it be divided up? (I realize part of this depends on who we get as guest characters - some guest characters could have a lot of options for stages, while other guest characters might not have much) Some options include 1 Marvel/1 DC/2 guest stages, 1 Marvel/1 DC/1 wildcard (where we can nominate any stage, regardless of if it's Marvel or DC)/1 guest stages (in this case, the second season would likely balance it out with the other company getting an extra stage), or 2 Marvel/2 DC stages
  • Costume packs - this should probably wait until we've finished the base game costumes, but I wanted to get thoughts on how often we should include DLC costumes, and how many costumes should be in each pack. Doing one costume pack with each character feels like overkill for me, but I guess that depends on how many costumes get included in a pack.
  • Trading cards - should DLC characters come with a set of trading cards, or should we just leave that alone? (I realize that not every character will have an obvious set of cards, and people don't post cards often as it is, so I don't want to force it upon the thread)
Not sure if there's anything else that could be added through DLC, but if anything comes to mind, then bring it up.
I agree on focusing on these three. There's not much else we could consider otherwise- I would say a story mode based on the DLC, but our base game story mode is already very surface level and we don't know everyone involved in our DLC yet.

Trading Cards should just be an open thing, not attached to any specific release of characters or stages, similar to how Smash Ultimate would add spirits just whenever they wanted rather than specifically during a character release.
On a further note, I don't think cards should come as an obligation with the character; we already cover quite a lot of characters in the base game with trading cards; just leave the option open in case we decide we left something behind in the base game.

As for Stages - I agree that 4 is the perfect number. Our base game has a 2:1 character to stage ratio, makes sense to carry that over ti DLC.
I absolutely disagree with having Wildcard stages, though; Makes no sense to me to have 1 company with more stages than the other. While we could balance it out in the next season, we have 3 seasons, so it's an odd number and we'd have to give up that practice after the second, making it a bit pointless. I also feel like, unless we're having multiple guests from the same universe (which, depending on who they are, I'll be down for), it would feel weird for only half the guests to get stages.
Speaking of guests stages, I've thought it over since the last time I brought it up. I think I'm down for doing 1 DC, 1 Marvel, and 2 Guest stages. It's a bit of a tricky situation, since some guests will have better options than others and we don't know in advance, but I feel like we should go all the way with representing guests, and superheroes as a whole.
As for Marvel and DC, assuming we do 3 seasons (which we probably will), 3 more stages for each is perfectly fine. I definitely think we can get the remaining major locations in here as DLC, stretching it out isn't that necessary. With that said, we could do an extra DC and Marvel stage at the end if we want to put a cherry on top of our DLC

Costumes I'm a bit iffy on. I will say for sure that DLC characters need to have their own rounds for normal and premiere costumes

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I love you for this
On another note, I'm surprised this round was as close as it was; I was expecting Black Adam to be the one of the first nominees and then win by a landslide, especially given how close he came in previous rounds and the base roster discussion we had afterwards.

He won regardless, but I guess this also speaks on how many other villains people want to see included, rather than enthusiasm for Black Adam dissipitating.

I am currently away from home and won't be doing the costume jobs until I return, but I will participate in the DLC discussion
Haha yeah, I couldn't resist. (I hope the Black Adam movie is good - I know very little about the character, and I should probably read more comics featuring him, but Warner Bros. seems to be in full-on disaster mode at the moment and I hope that this isn't dragged down by that)

I'm kind of surprised at how Black Adam's done in these polls, honestly. There were several rounds where I thought it would be a close call between him and another character, only for the other character to win by a landslide. (like Dr. Fate in the magic round, for example - maybe that can be chalked up to my almost complete unfamiliarity with Dr. Fate) Still, glad to see him finally making it into the line-up!

I agree on focusing on these three. There's not much else we could consider otherwise- I would say a story mode based on the DLC, but our base game story mode is already very surface level and we don't know everyone involved in our DLC yet.

Trading Cards should just be an open thing, not attached to any specific release of characters or stages, similar to how Smash Ultimate would add spirits just whenever they wanted rather than specifically during a character release.
On a further note, I don't think cards should come as an obligation with the character; we already cover quite a lot of characters in the base game with trading cards; just leave the option open in case we decide we left something behind in the base game.

As for Stages - I agree that 4 is the perfect number. Our base game has a 2:1 character to stage ratio, makes sense to carry that over ti DLC.
I absolutely disagree with having Wildcard stages, though; Makes no sense to me to have 1 company with more stages than the other. While we could balance it out in the next season, we have 3 seasons, so it's an odd number and we'd have to give up that practice after the second, making it a bit pointless. I also feel like, unless we're having multiple guests from the same universe (which, depending on who they are, I'll be down for), it would feel weird for only half the guests to get stages.
Speaking of guests stages, I've thought it over since the last time I brought it up. I think I'm down for doing 1 DC, 1 Marvel, and 2 Guest stages. It's a bit of a tricky situation, since some guests will have better options than others and we don't know in advance, but I feel like we should go all the way with representing guests, and superheroes as a whole.
As for Marvel and DC, assuming we do 3 seasons (which we probably will), 3 more stages for each is perfectly fine. I definitely think we can get the remaining major locations in here as DLC, stretching it out isn't that necessary. With that said, we could do an extra DC and Marvel stage at the end if we want to put a cherry on top of our DLC

Costumes I'm a bit iffy on. I will say for sure that DLC characters need to have their own rounds for normal and premiere costumes
Part of me feels like we should wait until we know who the guest characters are before deciding on the number of stages, honestly. I feel like there are some series where there might not be a distinctive-looking stage, and we'd be better off having another Marvel and/or DC stage instead.

I agree with you when it comes to cards; they're easy enough to add whenever.

I do plan on doing three DLC seasons (barring something like a massive drop in interest between now and the time that we reach that point), though I'm not sure whether to have the third be entirely Marvel and DC characters or if guest characters should be included there as well; I feel like it depends on what people think once we've added a few guest characters. (maybe you'll all feel like we've covered a good amount of ground with the guests, and that there are some Marvel/DC characters where we could use the extra opportunity to include them)

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
1. Rebirth (Default)
2. Classic
3. Deathstroke Incorporated
4. Teen Titans
5. Zack Snyder's Justice League (2021)
6. Defiance
7. Slade Wilson
8. Arrow

1. Default
2. Classic
3. Avengers (2012)
4. Agent of Asgard
5. Vote Loki
6. Axis
7. Ikol
8. Sorcerer Supreme

Job 138: Premiere Costumes
I don't feel as if any of this group of characters has or needs premiere costumes

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
  • Plastic Man will have Elongated Man as a premiere costume; Nightwing and Cyclops won't have any premiere costumes.
  • None of yesterday's characters will have premiere costumes
  • Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's costumes will be used for Venom!
  • there's currently a tie for Green Arrow's costumes; I'll go with whichever one I didn't vote for, so PinkFlare PinkFlare 's costumes will be used!
-Infinity Sorcerer (Deathstroke and Loki)
-1SecondNinja (Deathstroke and Loki)

For the stages, I think I'll do the guest round sooner than I had originally planned, and we'll decide then; it's kind of hard to pick when we don't know who the guests are.

(the idea of a DLC story does sound like a nice way to involve the characters who didn't make it into the base game, at least once we've got more than one season finished, though I agree that we haven't really focused on the story mode; I have an idea of how the main story could begin and end, but I feel like most of the middle would boil down to "character X goes to place A and fights character Y", which wouldn't be very interesting)

In case anyone is interested, I'll put my ideas in spoiler tags;
I figure the first chapter would focus on Spider-Man and the last one would focus on Superman (since they're the big headlining characters of their respective companies), with each chapter alternating between the point of view of a Marvel character and a DC character. (so chapter 1 is Spidey, chapter 2 is Batman, chapter 3 is a Marvel character, etc.)

The heroes would fight for the first three chapters or so before Metron shows up to explain what happened. Afterwards, the heroes try to find a way to restore both universes to normal (which, as they discover, requires splitting Thanoseid into his two halves), while a cross-universe Legion of Doom (thirteen of the playable villains, whether they're normal characters or premiere costumes) hinder them and try to take advantage of the universes coming together.

I could see chapter 10 ending with Thanoseid getting ahold of the Anti-Life Equation, controlling everyone but Superman, Ms. Marvel, and a handful of others who are protected by Superman using the Infinity Gauntlet at the last second to save whoever he can. Chapter 11 would involve Ms. Marvel having to fight various brainwashed heroes (ending with a brainwashed Captain Marvel) to show firsthand the horrors that Thanoseid has unleashed.

Chapter 12 would have Superman and the few other non-brainwashed heroes supposedly taking the Infinity Gauntlet to Thanoseid, only to reveal that two of the gems are Plastic Man and Ms. Marvel in disguise, and as the others fight Thanoseid, wizards like Zatanna and Doctor Doom would send Superman into Thanoseid's mind to force the two parts out of sync (shown through fights with Thanos and Darkseid), weakening Thanoseid enough that he can be beaten conventionally.

Then, as a surprise twist (and to keep the ending from being the same as arcade mode), Lex Luthor (who's among the non-brainwashed) gets ahold of the discarded Infinity Stones, leading to Superman having a story-exclusive boss fight against a superpowered version of Luthor. (who has different specials and supers)

---

Job 139: nominate costumes for Starro and Rocket and Groot

I realize that Rocket and Groot is kind of an unusual situation, since they're two characters in one. (even if Rocket's the main player character and Groot's an assist/puppet character) You can just post costumes for Rocket, or you can post costumes for each of them.

Job 140: nominate an X-Men character for DLC

Anyone who's tied into the X-Men, whether it's a hero, villain, or anti-hero, qualifies for this one. (so you can nominate someone like Bastion or Mystique if you wanted to) To be clear, other teams that are part of the X-Men "family", like X-Force, also qualify.

---

Starro costumes:

1. Default

2. Gray

3. Purple
4. Post-Crisis

5. Jarro

6. Red Lantern

7. DCEU

8. Earth-3

EDIT: Edited in an eighth costume.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Oh boy here we go, I need to admit that this was though since there are a lot of X-Men members I would love to nominate, Magik, Jean, Cable, Psylocke, Iceman, Legion, etc. But I'm going to go with my favorite over all.
clean (4).jpg

Remy LeBeau, better know has Gambit is an expert thief with the power of manipulate Kinetic Energy usually using it to enhance cards and using them has projectiles being his main way to Fight alongside his staff.

Gambit is a very popular character to the point that I remind that there it was a period of time where there it was a lot of speculations of a solo movie of him.

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
I'm going to try to go with a character who hasn't been in Marvel vs. Capcom, which is easier said than done considering that Capcom's Marvel fighting games came out at the height of X-Mania. I figure given how prominent women are in that franchise (especially since the days of Chris Claremont), we could probably use another female X-Men character, so I'm going to go with...

Magik

Illyana Rasputin, the younger sister of Colossus, is a mutant sorceress who is in charge of Limbo, a magical dimension of demons. In addition to the Soul Sword (which she's using in the picture above), she can use Stepping Disks to teleport, along with creating mystical armour for herself, summoning demons, binding, shielding, etc.

While she's a good person, having her childhood and parts of her soul taken away have definitely had an effect on her; she's willing to do just about anything to accomplish her goals, and she can be creepy at times, giving her an interesting contrast with the other X-Men on the roster (Storm, Cyclops, Wolverine to a lesser extent...)

DragonRobotKing26

Smash Champion
Job 139:Rocket Raccoon and Groot Costumes (detail:Groot doesn't has his own alternate costumes,just Rocket has alternate costumes)

1-Deafult​

2-Guardians of The Galaxy​

3-Guardians of The Galaxy Vol. 2​

4-Avengers: Endgame​

5-Quantonium Suit​

6-1985​

7-Ultimate Spider-Man​

8-Marvel: Disk Wars​

Last edited:
Ice man (X-Men) (Resubmission)
1662667008376.png
Iceman, aka Robert Louis "Bobby" Drake is a character from X-men series and he is a mutant born with superhuman abilities, which is manipulating ice and cold by freezing water vapor around him. He can even freeze objects, as well cover his body with ice.

He could use his icy powers to fight or even create an armor made out of ice to make himself harder to defeat. Also one of supermoves could let him freeze the opponent to death.

I nominate Iceman, because he is a cool guy (No pun or joke intended) and his powers could fit in fighting game. Also he is one of original X-men and he would be another mutant added to the game.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Job 139A: Starro Costumes
I'll pass on this since I feel Megadoomer Megadoomer basically already got all the obvious choices. Though, I would also suggest adding a DCEU Starro costume, since it's practically been his biggest role in years.

As for Rocket and Groot, I'm going to make this suggestion; Make selectable costumes for both Rocket and Groot, and have them be able to mix and match. Pokemon Trainer in Smash can have changeable alts for both the Trainer and the Pokemon, so I don't see why we wouldn't do the same for Rocket and Groot here

1. Orange Suit (Default)

This is essentially the MCU design; While normally this would be an alternate,
this suit is his most iconic, so I figured it may as well be the default.
2. Blue Suit
3. First Appearance
4. Horseman of the Apocalypse
5. Marvel NOW!
6. Winter Soldier

This was never used in canon, just a variant cover
7. Square Enix
8. Symbiote
1. Default

Like Rocket, the MCU design is the most iconic and has influenced basically every Groot design outside the comics, so it's the default.
2. Blue Suit
3. First Appearance
4. Horseman of the Apocalypse
5. Marvel NOW!
6. Captain America

This was never used in canon, just a variant cover
7. Square Enix
8. Symbiote

Job 140: X-Men Character (DLC)
CABLE
Alias: Nathan Summers
First Appearance: The New Mutants #87 (March, 1990)

Marvel's premiere time-traveling gun-toting badass, and Deadpool's partner-in-crime, and the son of X-Men Leader Cyclops, it's none other than Cable!
Coming from a post-apocalyptic future ruled by, uh, Apocalypse, and being infected with a techno-organic virus, the young Nathan Summers was trained from infancy to become the ultimate mutant warrior capable of defeating Apocalypse; Eventually, he traveled back in time and joined forces with the modern day X-Men, including his own parents, and become one of the most powerful mutants on the team, before eventually going solo, and becoming a legendary hero throughout all of mutant-kind; So legendary that he even starred in Deadpool 2, played by none other than Thanos himself!

Being the son of the mutant Jean Gray, Cable was born with the powers of telekinesis and telepathy, granting him a multitude of abilities, including creating forcefields and manipulate matter; In fact, Cable is frequently cited as the most powerful telekinetic and telepath to ever live (across all mutants), being listed as an "Omega Level Telekinetic", meaning at full capacity he could lift whole islands, control minds at a planet wide level, and ionize the entire atmosphere of Earth!
Unfortunately, the full extent of his mutant powers are severely limited by his deadly illness, meaning Cable has had to fall back onto heavy weapons and equipment to keep his edge in combat; a metal regenerative bionic arm, a cybernetic eye with infrared vision and can fire lasers, his iconic plasma rifle (which he has a telepathic link with), a pair of dual plasma pistols, combat knives, grenades, and he's an expert in hand to hand combat, making him a formidable force on the battlefield, and one of the best soldiers to have ever fought against Apocalypse.
The results of his being infected by the virus also forced him to become a cyborg to keep his bodily systems alive, and by extension granting him cyionic powers, including super strength, speed, stamina, endurance, and the ability to teleport and, of course, travel through time!
If all of this isn't enough, Cable also has an entire moveset from Marvel vs. Capcom 2 to pull move inspiration from; In short, Cable is packed with a ton of powers, abilities and equipment that over-qualifies him for a potential moveset.

Reasons for Inclusion: Since his introduction, Cable has quite easily become a fan-favorite among X-Men fans and a central character in the lore, allows for easy representation of the X-Men beyond just the core team, has a whole truckload of moveset potential to his name, and fits in nicely with characters already on the roster; and, truth be told, he is a perfect rival to an eventual nomination for a DC character I have lined up for myself.

As an aside, this X-Men round is going to be interesting. Nearly every character being nominated is one I would want to vote for in the top spot, and I really have no telling of who will win the round. Can't wait for the votes to roll in

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
My Starro costumes win by default, and we'll be including PinkFlare PinkFlare 's Deathstroke costumes and Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Loki costumes!

Here are the nominations for the X-Men DLC character:

x-men dlc nominees.png

-Nightcrawler ( Jondolio Jondolio )
-Gambit ( Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer )
-Magik ( Megadoomer Megadoomer )
-Iceman ( Tankman from Newgrounds Tankman from Newgrounds )
-Psylocke ( NanayaGaming NanayaGaming )
-Cable ( PinkFlare PinkFlare )
-Rogue (@Darkonedagger)

Vote for your top three, and your own nomination can't be in first.

1. Rogue
2. Magik
3. Cable

---

Here's the poll for Rocket and Groot's costumes:

---

Job 141: nominate costumes for Doctor Fate and Scarlet Witch

We're on to the magic-using duo! Same as usual; include a default costume and anywhere from 1 to 7 alternate costumes.

Job 142: nominate Black Adam's moveset

Unlike the previous times that we did moveset jobs, I'm going to leave this open for two days, maybe three depending on how long it takes for people to come up with movesets. (if we only have one nomination by the end of the second day, I'll leave it open a third day to give people more time)

---

I'll see what I can come up with for arcade mode endings for some of the roster, mainly focusing on characters who were added early on like Thor, the Flash, or Green Lantern. I'll also work on a Nightwing moveset, as long as nobody else has plans for one.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
1. Gambit
- Definitely a popular character with great moveset potential
2. Cable
- A major character when it comes to mutants
3. Nightcrawler
- Lots of moveset potential here for a teleporting swashbuckler, and he hasn't been in a fighting game before, so this is new ground to cover

I was thinking about doing a Nightwing moveset but ultimately backed out of it; I had an idea for a stance change mechanic that I wasn't sure would work for Nightwing. Maybe when I come back from work I can look at the drawing board for him again
I'll definitely get working on a Black Adam moveset, though

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Oh God this is hard...most of the ones that I mentioned has most wanted where nominate...but trying to balance it.
  1. Magik
  2. Gambit
  3. Cable
I was between Cable and Psylocke, though I end with the former. I will also participate with the rest of jobs later.

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
At this rate we could honestly just have a DC vs. X-Men fighting game; I'd want all of these characters in

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Doctor Fate Costumes:
Classic
Half Helmet
Thrall
Costume Only
Earth-20
Superman
Costume Only
Injustice
DCEU
1662767083778.png
Scarlet Witch Costumes:
Classic
90's
Ultimate
1662768490872.png
Marvel NOW!
West Coast Avengers
1662770296342.jpeg
House of M
1662769239499.png
Civil War (MCU)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Scarlet Witch costumes:

1. Default

2. Classic

3. Age of Ultron

4. Civil War

5. House of M

6. Uncanny

7. The Crossing

8. Dark (though her hair is long to stay consistent with the other costumes)

I'll leave Doctor Fate's costumes to people who are better versed in the character than I am.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Alright I will try to do my own write up for Black Adam, trying to make it quite different to Shazam.
BLACK ADAM MOVESET
1662818405505.png
General Playstyle
While Shazam if a very balanced character Black Adam is more focused on the offensive style, it's like compare Ryu with Akuma (especially in recent games) for give an example.

Unique Ability - Black Magic
Black Adam summons an orb envolved in dark clouds in the direction executed with the input either in the ground or in the air with a total of 2 orbs that can be summoned at the same time, the can be detoned either one by one using QCF + UA Button or all at the same time pressing the UA Button again after set the two orbs, when they explode they shoot a fullscreen lightning strike straight at the direction of the opponent (it doesn't track completely the opponent but they will shot at their closest direction either up, down, right or back).

Oh yeah these are Roa's orbs for those wondering.

MOVE NAME
INPUT
DESCRIPTION
Thunder Blade​
236 + X (Air OK)Black Adam casts a lightning blade has a very fast projectile, while the same dissapears near half the screen is very strong, Black Adam can also create 3 blades at the same time (with the other two shooting at the diagonals) if the button is held.
Rising Strike​
623 + XBlack Adam ascends at great velocity to the air, grabbing the opponent's neck and shocking them with a lightining shock.
Phasing Storm​
214 + XBlack Adam dashes across the screen in lightning, while similar to Shazam's Speed of Mercury his move deals damage and can only be used forwards with each button determinating the distance.
Falling Bolt​
214 + X (Midair)Black Adam does a dive kick that stomps the opponent, depending of the button pressed the direction is slightly different.
Lightning Stinger​
22 + X (236 + X Midair)Black Adam casts a lightning bolt from above that shots diagonal, if you hold the button enough it would shoot 3 bolts in sucession.
Level 1 Super:
Lighting Cage
236236 + XBlack Adam gathers electric energy in his hand and release it in the floor creating a big cage of electricity around him that works both has an anti-air and has a combo ender that can hit opponents OTG similar to Geese's infamous Raging Storm.
Level 2 Super:
Black Storm
214214 + XBlack Adam dashes through the opponent flying at high speed, if connects the screen would fade to black for a brief time with lightning effects comes from different directions damaging the opponent, when the move ends and the screen goes back to normal Adam goes back to his original position.
Level 3:
SHAZAM!
All Buttons Pressed
Black Adam shoots lightning from his fingers at his opponent making them fall to his knees, then Black Adam will grab and throw them so hard that they end up flying all the way to Egypt with Adam quickly coming up behind them. Here Black Adam continues to beat them slamming them to pyramids, ending in the biggest one where he first lift them to the tip of the pyramid as he flies into the air shouting "SHAZAM!" when he is at the top, summoning a massive pillar of lightning on the opponent that also breaks the pyramid. In fact this is his super in Injustice 2 thought it has a slightly different coreography.

Last edited:

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
Talking about movesets I would love to hear the opinion of the rest about the ones I made!, I was considering that maybe someone has a suggestion about a move that I should add or change or just see "hey I like that you add X detail".

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Iceman: 3
Rogue: 3
Psylocke: 7
Cable: 8
Magik: 13
Nightcrawler: 17
Gambit: 21

x-men dlc winner.png

Looks like Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer drew a royal flush, because the X-Men DLC character is Gambit! (full disclosure - all I know about the character consists of a few assorted episodes of the 90's X-Men series)

---

PinkFlare PinkFlare 's costumes for Rocket and Groot will be used, and Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Doctor Fate costumes will be used by default!

Here's the poll for Scarlet Witch - the only difference seems to be that my list has her outfit from Age Of Ultron, while Infinity Sorcerer's list has her outfit from Ultimate Marvel.

---

As a reminder, the Black Adam moveset job is still open.

Job 143: nominate costumes for Blue Beetle and Ultimate Spider-Man

I'm sure you all know the deal by now - nominate a default costume plus 1-7 alternates. I'm not sure how many options either character has (I can only think of two alternates for Miles, though I haven't played his PS4 game yet), but I'll look into it and see what I can find.

Job 144: nominate premiere costumes for Black Canary, Storm, Ra's al Ghul, and Captain Marvel

You can nominate up to two costumes for each character; I have ideas for Captain Marvel, at least. (if there are any changes from the original character, be sure to list them)

Last edited:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
Captain Marvel premiere costume nominations:

moonstone.png
1. Moonstone

Moonstone took on the role of Ms. Marvel (the Carol Danvers version) in the Dark Avengers, so she seems like a natural fit here. As she can't go Binary, her power-up super move has her draw upon dangerous levels of power from the Moonstone object for the same effect.

For her level 3 super, she'd call upon her fellow Dark Avengers Ragnarok (a Thor clone) and Daken (Wolverine's son) to attack the opponent before blasting all three of them with a giant energy beam.

2. Mar-Vell

The original Captain Marvel (well, if you don't include Billy Batson) - his physique might need to change slightly, but I think it could work, and it would be a nice inclusion for long-time fans of the character. (plus, he's got a history with Thanos)

His level 2 power-up super has him draw upon Cosmic Awareness, gaining a blue aura around himself and having a similar effect. For his level 3 super, he slams the Nega-Bands together with enough force that it creates a golden field of energy that envelops the opponent, sending them both to the Negative Zone. The opponent is attacked by Annihilus's minions, followed by Annihilus himself joining the fray; Mar-Vell blasts all of them with an energy beam before returning himself and the opponent to the normal stage.

Last edited:
D

Deleted member

Captian Marvel costumes:
Captain_Mar-Vell.jpg

Mar-Vell
Megadoomer's changes sound good tbh.

Monica_Rambeu_Captain_Marvel.png

Monica Rambeau
Her power up move would have her access electro-magnitic energy, getting a glow like the image above. Her level 3 could use members of Next Wave, such as Machine Man and Boom-Boom.

Two characters who have taken the Captian Marvel mantle and the two biggest other than Carol.

Last edited by a moderator:

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047

Nightwing moveset

Unique Ability - Two For One: Nightwing either fuses his escrima sticks into a staff, or splits the staff into two escrima sticks. In Escrima stance, his attacks are faster but deal less damage and he's more mobile, while in Staff stance, his attacks are slower but harder hitting and he has more range.

Wing-Dings (quarter circle forward + attack in either stance - air OK): Nightwing leaps backwards, tossing what's totally not a Batarang at the opponent. He tosses one, two, or three depending on which button was used, with the grounded ones being thrown at more of an upwards angle as extras are added, while the aerial ones are thrown at more of a downwards angle as more are added. (in either case, the light version has him throw one straight ahead)

Wonder Wall (quarter circle back + attack in Escrima Stance): Nightwing leans forwards, holding his escrima sticks in front of him. Electricity arcs between them, and whoever's hit by them is stunned for a few moments.

Shock Jock (down, down, attack in Escrima Stance - air OK): Nightwing plants both sticks into the ground, sending a wave of electricity along in. If used in the air, he falls quickly towards the ground, creating a shockwave where he lands.

Flying Grayson (Shoryuken motion + attack in Escrima Stance): Nightwing leaps into the air, performing a backflip to kick anyone who's above or in front of him.

Pole Vault (back, forward, attack in Staff Stance): using the staff as leverage, Nightwing leaps forward to hit the opponent with a flying kick.

Ferris Wheel (down, down, attack in Staff Stance): Nightwing quickly spins the staff vertically, stepping forward a bit as he does so.

Hooked on a Feeling (down, up, attack in Staff Stance): Nightwing pulls out a grappling hook, firing it at different upwards angles depending on which button is pressed. If the hook connects, it pulls him towards the opponent and he leaps off of them, knocking them to the ground.

Level 1: Flying Solo (quarter circle forward x2 + attack in either stance) - proving that he doesn't need weapons to beat up someone, Nightwing launches into an extended melee combo, hitting the opponent with a rapid barrage of punches and kicks while acrobatically flipping around the screen.

Level 2: Joyride (half circle forward + attack in either stance) - hopping off-screen, Nightwing drives his motorcycle across the screen before skidding to a stop and hopping off of it once he reaches the edge.

Level 3: Dynamic Duo (press all buttons) - Damian (Bruce's son and the current Robin) leaps from off-screen to stab at the opponent. If he connects, a cutscene begins where the two of them (Nightwing and Damian) take turns beating up the opponent, with Damian trying to one-up Nightwing as Nightwing teases him, ending with the two of them hitting the opponent simulaneously. While it might not be the most visually-striking level 3, I figure it works as a way to show off their dynamic in a light-hearted way, which we don't really get in the Injustice games.

Monica Rambeau
Her level 3 could perhaps use members of Next Wave.
☠☠☠☠ yeah, Nextwave!

---

I had Blue Beetle costumes here, but I deleted them since I could only come up with three, and there's a more comprehensive list below.

Last edited:

PinkFlare

Previously 1SecondNinja
Iceman: 3
Rogue: 3
Psylocke: 7
Cable: 8
Magik: 13
Nightcrawler: 17
Gambit: 21

View attachment 360594

Looks like Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer drew a royal flush, because the X-Men DLC character is Gambit! (full disclosure - all I know about the character consists of a few assorted episodes of the 90's X-Men series)

---

PinkFlare PinkFlare 's costumes for Rocket and Groot will be used, and Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Doctor Fate costumes will be used by default!

Here's the poll for Scarlet Witch - the only difference seems to be that my list has her outfit from Age Of Ultron, while Infinity Sorcerer's list has her outfit from Ultimate Marvel.

---

As a reminder, the Black Adam moveset job is still open.

Job 143: nominate costumes for Blue Beetle and Ultimate Spider-Man

I'm sure you all know the deal by now - nominate a default costume plus 1-7 alternates. I'm not sure how many options either character has (I can only think of two alternates for Miles, though I haven't played his PS4 game yet), but I'll look into it and see what I can find.

Job 144: nominate premiere costumes for Black Canary, Storm, Ra's al Ghul, and Captain Marvel

You can nominate up to two costumes for each character; I have ideas for Captain Marvel, at least. (if there are any changes from the original character, be sure to list them)
Wow, this vote ended up being a lot closer than I anticipated, especially between the first three characters. Gambit definitely makes the most sense to have here, although, I definitely think we should have more mutants present after this round. X-Men for Season 2, perhaps?

1. Rebirth (Default)
2. Classic

It may not initially seem so, but there are differences on this costume to the Rebirth design; namely the boots, elbows guards, chestplate, shoulderpads and thigh-spots
3. Old School (with Scarab Tech)
4. Infected

Blue Beetle Who Laughs, which is akin to Shazam Who Laughs
5. Mayan

This is based on the host before Jaime, so it's not technically the same character. However, I think this can still work as just a costume.
6. Infiltrator Mode
7. Dan Garret's Suit

Just the suit, not the guy
8. Jaime Reyes

This is both because I like having costumes based on the alter egos of heroes, and I've run out of ideas otherwise
I considered having the DCEU costume as an alternate, but that doesn't really seem fair since we're a year away from the movie

I'll be passing on Miles Morales costume as Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer basically got all the ones I would have nominated otherwise.

Job 144: Premiere Costumes
These two characters were already nominated, but not as a pair. I won't be putting up images but I'm nominating Moonstone and Monica Rambeau as Premiere Costumes for Captain Marvel; I don't feel as if Carol and Mar-Vell have enough of a similar physique to warrant the latter being a premiere costume. Granted, it depends on how Carol is design, as she can tend to be quite muscular in appearance, but I imagine the one we have for this project is not.
The other characters will not have costumes.

You know, on the topic of Premiere costumes, I did have a quick thought that I figure I may as well share now; Since we're almost done with the base game set of Costumes, I figure we're also going to have DLC Premiere Costume rounds. I know we already decided to have only 2 premiere costumes per character, but that was for base game, so I wanted to ask if people would be open for having Premiere Costumes as DLC for base game characters, specifically ones who already have 2? I figure we could justify certain characters having a 3rd under the basis that its DLC, and some of them could definitely have another costume or two thrown in. I feel like the answer will be no but I'm shooting my shot.

Nightwing moveset

Unique Ability - Two For One: Nightwing either fuses his escrima sticks into a staff, or splits the staff into two escrima sticks. In Escrima stance, his attacks are faster but deal less damage and he's more mobile, while in Staff stance, his attacks are slower but harder hitting and he has more range.

Wing-Dings (quarter circle forward + attack in either stance - air OK): Nightwing leaps backwards, tossing what's totally not a Batarang at the opponent. He tosses one, two, or three depending on which button was used, with the grounded ones being thrown at more of an upwards angle as extras are added, while the aerial ones are thrown at more of a downwards angle as more are added. (in either case, the light version has him throw one straight ahead)

Wonder Wall (quarter circle back + attack in Escrima Stance): Nightwing leans forwards, holding his escrima sticks in front of him. Electricity arcs between them, and whoever's hit by them is stunned for a few moments.

Shock Jock (down, down, attack in Escrima Stance - air OK): Nightwing plants both sticks into the ground, sending a wave of electricity along in. If used in the air, he falls quickly towards the ground, creating a shockwave where he lands.

Flying Grayson (Shoryuken motion + attack in Escrima Stance): Nightwing leaps into the air, performing a backflip to kick anyone who's above or in front of him.

Pole Vault (back, forward, attack in Staff Stance): using the staff as leverage, Nightwing leaps forward to hit the opponent with a flying kick.

Ferris Wheel (down, down, attack in Staff Stance): Nightwing quickly spins the staff vertically, stepping forward a bit as he does so.

Hooked on a Feeling (down, up, attack in Staff Stance): Nightwing pulls out a grappling hook, firing it at different upwards angles depending on which button is pressed. If the hook connects, it pulls him towards the opponent and he leaps off of them, knocking them to the ground.

Level 1: Flying Solo (quarter circle forward x2 + attack in either stance) - proving that he doesn't need weapons to beat up someone, Nightwing launches into an extended melee combo, hitting the opponent with a rapid barrage of punches and kicks while acrobatically flipping around the screen.

Level 2: Joyride (half circle forward + attack in either stance) - hopping off-screen, Nightwing drives his motorcycle across the screen before skidding to a stop and hopping off of it once he reaches the edge.

Level 3: Dynamic Duo (press all buttons) - Damian (Bruce's son and the current Robin) leaps from off-screen to stab at the opponent. If he connects, a cutscene begins where the two of them (Nightwing and Damian) take turns beating up the opponent, with Damian trying to one-up Nightwing as Nightwing teases him, ending with the two of them hitting the opponent simulaneously. While it might not be the most visually-striking level 3, I figure it works as a way to show off their dynamic in a light-hearted way, which we don't really get in the Injustice games.
This is a great moveset; I did say before I considered having Nightwing as a stance fighter, but that idea also prevented me from going in on the moveset because he is far more known for the two batons than he is actually using a staff, so I wasn't sure if it would be right for the character. I think you nailed it pretty perfectly though, this is great.
On the topic of movesets, could you extend the Black Adam job to include tomorrow? I want to submit a moveset for him but I won't be able to today. While I'm making requests I figure the next character round seems perfect for tomorrow as well

Megadoomer

Writing Team
Switch FC
SW-0351-1523-9047
You know, on the topic of Premiere costumes, I did have a quick thought that I figure I may as well share now; Since we're almost done with the base game set of Costumes, I figure we're also going to have DLC Premiere Costume rounds. I know we already decided to have only 2 premiere costumes per character, but that was for base game, so I wanted to ask if people would be open for having Premiere Costumes as DLC for base game characters, specifically ones who already have 2? I figure we could justify certain characters having a 3rd under the basis that its DLC, and some of them could definitely have another costume or two thrown in. I feel like the answer will be no but I'm shooting my shot.
I figured we'd be adding at least a few premiere costumes through DLC, and a character can get more premiere costumes even if they already have two.

I just didn't want people going overboard for the base game, since the likes of Superman, Green Lantern, or Captain America have a ton of options. (though beyond that initial group of characters, we haven't gotten a ton - we're at 26 so far, likely 28 once the Captain Marvel voting is done)

On the topic of movesets, could you extend the Black Adam job to include tomorrow? I want to submit a moveset for him but I won't be able to today. While I'm making requests I figure the next character round seems perfect for tomorrow as well
Sure, I'll extend it to tomorrow, since we've only got one nomination so far.

---

I'm going to move on to the next rounds a bit sooner than normal, since it doesn't seem like starting one hour earlier for today would make much of a difference.

Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Miles Morales costumes win by default, as do PinkFlare PinkFlare 's Blue Beetle costumes! (I had a short list for Blue Beetle, but I deleted it) We'll be using Infinity Sorcerer Infinity Sorcerer 's Scarlet Witch costumes, and Black Canary, Storm, and Ra's al Ghul won't have premiere costumes.

Here's the poll for Captain Marvel's premiere costumes:

Job 145: nominate costumes for Cyborg and the Wasp

Just four more to go! Considering how many costumes the Wasp has worn over the years, I've got plenty of ideas for her, at least. As usual, we're going with their default plus 1 to 7 alternates.

Job 146: nominate guest characters for DLC

I was planning to have this round after covering the remaining Marvel/DC characters in season 1, but I moved this ahead so we can clear up how many DLC stages we'll be including. We'll be sticking with the theme of superheroes or comic book characters, since that's what everyone seemed to agree on when this came up before. (so someone like the Green Hornet or Kato from the Green Hornet, or Deku or All Might from My Hero Academia, would be eligible as well)

They don't need to have crossed over with Marvel or DC before, so someone like Homelander from The Boys would be eligible for this. The top two from this round will be included.

I have an idea in mind for this round, though it will likely take a while for me to type it up. If someone posts that idea before me, I'll still post it in support of that idea.

Infinity Sorcerer

Smash Champion
I think the best is try to start with the obvious choices, I have a more crazy idea for season 2 (and maybe 3 if we do that one too) but for the moment let's stick to the base.
Spawn
I think Spawn would be a great option here considering all his story, not the one from the comics but the story of his creation, artists from 90's who left Marvel due the annoying restrictions trying to mantain the spirit of those times with hypermuscle supermens with big weaponry in fancy illustrations full of gory action at the same time all the characters the authors create belongs to them instead to the company, between all characters created by Image probably the most well knowed is Spawn created by Todd McFarlane, an officer who was trationated by his own companions ending in the Hell and making a contract with the demon Malebolgia to become his servant. I find it just great, and both SoulCalibur II and MK11 already give us a taste of what Spawn is capable of do in a fighting game.

Top Bottom