• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Day, Night, and Dusk - Lycanroc for Smash Bros. Ultimate

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
How about we shift topics to something that won't lead to me sticking my foot in my mouth? What are everyone's thoughts on the Detective Pikachu trailer?
It unironically looks good, and it somehow has me more excited than the long-awaited Toy Story 4.

I doubt it stands a chance against Pixar, but I could actually see this movie being a success - a rare case for films based off of video games.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
It unironically looks good, and it somehow has me more excited than the long-awaited Toy Story 4.

I doubt it stands a chance against Pixar, but I could actually see this movie being a success - a rare case for films based off of video games.
Detective Pikachu will also have to go up against Avengers 4.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719

The trailer has over three times the views of TS4's. I'm sure it can at least compete with that, but won't top Infinity War 2.

Also, are the 5 DLC characters ones that had to be cut to add Incineroar? That would explain why Rex is too new to even be DLC while USUM can have a base fighter, even though it barely represents USUM in particular.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
So here I am, back again, and I’ve pretty much lost all hope for any character I want being dlc. Anyway you guys could help me restore hope? It’s just that seeing that Nintendo is picking the dlc, it almost frightens me how high of a chance Minecraft Steve has because of Vergeben being 100% accurate so far (but we should still remember he left out all echoes, K. Rool, and Piranha Plant) and also this wouldn’t be the first time Nintendo ruins a franchise.

RileyXY1

Smash Hero
So here I am, back again, and I’ve pretty much lost all hope for any character I want being dlc. Anyway you guys could help me restore hope? It’s just that seeing that Nintendo is picking the dlc, it almost frightens me how high of a chance Minecraft Steve has because of Vergeben being 100% accurate so far (but we should still remember he left out all echoes, K. Rool, and Piranha Plant) and also this wouldn’t be the first time Nintendo ruins a franchise.
Vergeben only specified Minecraft content in general. He never said anything specific. Hitagi's the one who's been saying that Steve is in.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
You're exaggerating on that last part there. Just because they could include a character that feels out of place acording to people shouldn't automatically ruin a game that's amazing and fun anyways. Plus, whether you like it or not, minecraft is iconic: it made an impact in the gaming industry, so the inclusion would make sense. Would people want it? Mostly no, but it would make sense.

But on another point, i highly doubt there's going to be that many 3rd party characters included anyways, especially far out characters that are going to be convoluted licencing deals like steve, sora or even banjo (i'd say expect up to 2 third parties like Rayman), but what i will say is to prepare to get promotional characters for 2019 games (Fire Emblem Three Houses, Pokemon Gen 8, etc.).

Ultimately, Sakurai was the one that decided the characters he was going to make dlc anyways, and i highly doubt there's that many promotional characters they could've added on that list to fill out the dlc, so there's a good chance for highly requested characters to get in, just don't expect legacy characters that are irrelevant/dead nowadays.

I might sound harsh, but i'd rather keep it real than hype up for dissapointment.

Last edited:

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I might sound harsh, but i'd rather keep it real than hype up for dissapointment.
Yeah, honestly my expectations are still kind of high, considering how Crash and Spyro have both been brought back from the dead, and Lycanroc is still a strong contender for Pokémon. I still feel that somehow though, Nintendo found a way to screw up at a large % of the choices they have given Sakurai to use.

Cosmic77

Smash Hero
Switch FC
2166-0541-5238
Yeah, honestly my expectations are still kind of high, considering how Crash and Spyro have both been brought back from the dead, and Lycanroc is still a strong contender for Pokémon. I still feel that somehow though, Nintendo found a way to screw up at a large % of the choices they have given Sakurai to use.
Even if the DLC sucks from my perspective, four out of six unique newcomers on Ultimate's base roster were on my most-wanted list, and that's not even including veterans. Gotta remind myself to be thankful for what I've got.

Anyway, I wouldn't give up hope just yet. Hitagi recently admitted Katalina was a mistake on his part, and I think Verge or Hitagi may have mentioned something about Minecraft likely getting a stage rather than a character (which doesn't make much sense to me, but whatever). The SE rep is the only character who multiple inside sources seem to be confident in, meaning that a good 3-4 characters are still up in the air.

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
Hello again
My gut is telling me something
I don't know how
I don't know what
But I think
Hitagi is wrong
Banjo-Kazzoie are the most fan requested Characters not in yet.
Lycanroc is to unique to pass up
And the Reddit thread Just ruined his credibility

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
If we get Lycanroc (or any DLC Pokemon for that matter), a remix of this better be in their pack:
Hau, you may have been an underwhelming final battle (especially compared to Kukui), but you have excellent taste in music.
Also I think we're kinda owed this after the butchering that was the Sun/Moon Wild Pokemon Remix.

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky
From what i've seen regarding music, the 6 songs confirmed so far have been from sun & moon only (acording to the smash wiki, they're all remixes. I had a hard time finding Totem Battle & Elite Four/Battle Solgaleo-Lunala). Although that doesn't deny the posibility of ultra sun/moon music being unlockable within the game.

Also I think we're kinda owed this after the butchering that was the Sun/Moon Wild Pokemon Remix.
And yeah, that was so underwhelming. Ok, but quite inferior. They should've uploaded the trainer battle theme instead.

Last edited:

Delzethin

Character Concept Creator
NNID
Delzethin
So, at this point it seems like the only things these insiders are confident on are:

- Minecraft content of some kind, which at this point probably comes down to either "Steve + a stage" or "Mii Costume(s)" due to how DLC is structured.

- A newcomer from Square-Enix, but they've no idea exactly who. Among the names floating around are Geno, Sora, Dragon Quest in general, and apparently now Crono as well.

Beyond that...it's a mess. Especially since apparently now Hitagi has backtracked on Katalina, saying whatever is going on between Nintendo and the Granblue devs appears now to be something unrelated to Smash.

And we haven't even heard rumors of any first party characters yet!

This all raises questions...

Last edited:

osby

Smash Obsessed
So, at this point it seems like the only things these insiders are confident on are:

- Minecraft content of some kind, which at this point probably comes down to either "Steve + a stage" or "Mii Costume(s)" due to how DLC is structured.

- A newcomer from Square-Enix, but they've no idea exactly who. Among the names floating around are Geno, Sora, Dragon Quest in general, and apparently now Crono as well.

Beyond that...it's a mess. Especially since apparently now Hitagi has backtracked on Katalina, saying whatever is going on between Nintendo and the Granblue devs appears now to be something unrelated to Smash.

Eh, it's more exciting that way. After the main roster, it'd feel nice if all DLC characters were left-field like Piranha Plant (preferably without being common mooks).

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam

Honestly, I'd rather see more 1st parties than 3rd at this point. A lot of the luster of having non-Nintendo characters in Smash has worn off and it feels like we're running out of big names to put in. Not everyone can be a Sonic, Mega Man, or Cloud. While Erdrick would be cool, anything else is excess.

Anyway, this is a list of first parties I could see happening:
-King Boo
-Dixie Kong
-BOTW Champion
-Sylux
-Medusa
-Edelgard
-Bandana Dee (the most likely of the bunch, in my opinion)
-Lycanroc
-Gen 8 Pokemon (if they saw screw it and add one before the game's launch)
-Octoling (either as a free echo or character meant to represent Splatoon 2's weapons)
-Chorus Kids (or your Rhythm Heaven character of choice)
-Ayumi Tachibana (or whatever Retro/Wacky rep you think Sakurai might use)

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
-Ayumi Tachibana
I think Sakurai's reasons for keeping Takamaru unplayable are now BS, but I can understand why Ayumi isn't playable. The Famicom Detective Club microgame in Warioware Touched was even removed in international versions.

osby

Smash Obsessed
I think Sakurai's reasons for keeping Takamaru unplayable are now BS, but I can understand why Ayumi isn't playable. The Famicom Detective Club microgame in Warioware Touched was even removed in international versions.
"Keep" unplayable? You're making it sound like making a playable character is a low-effort process.

KirbyWorshipper2465

Smash Legend
Eh, it's more exciting that way. After the main roster, it'd feel nice if all DLC characters were left-field like Piranha Plant (preferably without being common mooks).
I wouldn't mind that. It'd be funny to see people baffled at, say for example, Poochy, when he actually would make sense as an addition.

Less leakers being sure about things mean more chances to actually be pleasantly surprised (especially if one stops paying attention to forums once the game is out).

The VC release of Murasame Castle came out too late to consider, and they ported most of 4's assets anyway, so he'll probably get a chance next time.

Although Sakurai is probably just allergic to katanas, seeing how he had to be convinced to even include Corrin in the first place.

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
"Keep" unplayable? You're making it sound like making a playable character is a low-effort process.
I'm not thinking "Change this to a meat dish" but rather "If assist trophies mean characters can't be DLC fighters, don't keep Takamaru as one."

osby

Smash Obsessed
I'm not thinking "Change this to a meat dish" but rather "If assist trophies mean characters can't be DLC fighters, don't keep Takamaru as one."
I really, really doubt Nintendo was going to suggest him as a DLC character in the first place.

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
I really, really doubt Nintendo was going to suggest him as a DLC character in the first place.
If they were gonna change anyone they would change Waluigi or Isaac because they are heavily requested first party Characters that are present in Nintendo's library, and I have heard rumors of Golden Sun 4. For Waluigi i think that they would listen and just get over the twitter floods and death threats

Maikou

Smash Ace
Look, not trying to be a downer, but don't you think there's a reason that such a build has been "untapped" and that the only "quadrupeds" Smash has specifically have realistic alternative means to work around the issues a "true" quadruped would have?

Midnight is the best bet Lycanroc has.
And honestly?
Would be pretty cool to have both of Cross' Pokémon able to team up in Smash, not going to lie.

A feral werewolf with rock powers and a heavy focus on punishing opponents using fake outs and cheap tricks (which yes, would include baiting with a counter) would be something right up Sakurai's alley.
Literally the only place I see Lycanroc's quadrupredal build getting in the way is with items, which as Wario and Pikachu show, don't have to be handled realistically. If Wario can just grip a Super Scope around the center of the gun one-handed and magically make it fire, there's not really anything stopping Dusk or Midday Lycanroc from tilting their head and biting the center of the gun to magically make it fire. Large things like crates and barrels Lycanroc can easily launch on their back with a small stone pillar and just buck off.
If Sakurai is really, really struggling to get around certain aspects of Lycanroc being a quadraped, he could always take inspiration from Wham Bam Rock from Kirby Super Star and give him a nifty pair of geokinetic rock hands.

Besides, I think we all know how much Sakurai likes to reference Kirby Super Star in Smash Bros.
And there's also this option.
To upend the script and gain more of a following, we need to figure out how to win people over, how to convince them to join our cause.

Perhaps the best way to start is to have an idea of what has worked in the past. To that end, here's a question: What was it that convinced each of you here that Lycanroc was worth supporting? The more specific you can be, the better, as it'd help paint a clearer picture of what to focus on.
At first, I mostly joined because I love wolves and your character concept for Dusk Lycanroc was incredibly well-done. I've stayed because, having now played the Alola games, Lycanroc is officially one of my top 3 Alolan mons in terms of design, type, and usefulness, and for the unique traits Lycanroc can bring to Smash as a sun/moon themed earthbender.
If we get Lycanroc (or any DLC Pokemon for that matter), a remix of this better be in their pack:
Hau, you may have been an underwhelming final battle (especially compared to Kukui), but you have excellent taste in music.
I don't agree with Hau being underwhelming as a final battle, but that's mostly because I only struggled with Kukui in Sun when I used an Incineroar. Poor Amazon just completely lost everything when she evolved.... and the rest of my original Sun team wasn't a whole lot better, honestly. My Moon team, featuring Decidueye, Flareon, and Leafeon, was a lot better. Hau didn't sweep my team or anything, but in Ultra Sun he at least took down my second Decidueye and I think one other Pokemon, and while my Glaceon OHKO'd his Noivern while underleveled, that was the result of stat boosters plus the extreme type advantage Ice Beam had against a Flying/Dragon-Type. Meanwhile, Moon Kukui didn't get the chance to use his Z-Move and failed to KO a single mon. And we weren't overleveled, either. Time will tell how my Ultra Moon team fares, but I've got high hopes considering I'm using Popplio, Sylveon, and Umbreon. I'm not sure if I'll actually use yet another Lycanroc this time around, since I've used Midday form twice now and Keaton did well enough in Moon that I'm a little afraid his kin might get screwed by luck, plus not having access to a Dusk Lycanroc at the moment since I missed the event.

Actually, can anyone tell me how to breed a Rockruff with Own Tempo? According to TVtropes, it's possible, but I'm not sure how Abilities work in terms of Breeding besides Flame Body helping Eggs hatch faster....

D

Deleted member

Actually, can anyone tell me how to breed a Rockruff with Own Tempo? According to TVtropes, it's possible, but I'm not sure how Abilities work in terms of Breeding besides Flame Body helping Eggs hatch faster....
I think it's just that Dusk Lycanroc only spawn Own Tempo Rockruff Eggs since Own Tempo Rockruff is coded separately from normal Rockruff due to the Dusk Lycanroc.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
Honestly, I'd rather see more 1st parties than 3rd at this point. A lot of the luster of having non-Nintendo characters in Smash has worn off and it feels like we're running out of big names to put in. Not everyone can be a Sonic, Mega Man, or Cloud. While Erdrick would be cool, anything else is excess.
I'd rather see more first party newcomers myself, but for slightly different reasons. While there are still a handful of interesting third party options out there, there're still so many compelling options within Nintendo's own repertoire. It'd be a damn shame if they all got left out in the cold just because they wouldn't generate as much short term attention in comparison, you know?

Well, hopefully we won't have to worry about that.

Literally the only place I see Lycanroc's quadrupredal build getting in the way is with items, which as Wario and Pikachu show, don't have to be handled realistically. If Wario can just grip a Super Scope around the center of the gun one-handed and magically make it fire, there's not really anything stopping Dusk or Midday Lycanroc from tilting their head and biting the center of the gun to magically make it fire. Large things like crates and barrels Lycanroc can easily launch on their back with a small stone pillar and just buck off.
You know, that last part's actually pretty brilliant. Summoning a small rock to pop the crate or barrel up and onto their back would be a really neat touch that also highlights Lycanroc's unique powers.

At first, I mostly joined because I love wolves and your character concept for Dusk Lycanroc was incredibly well-done. I've stayed because, having now played the Alola games, Lycanroc is officially one of my top 3 Alolan mons in terms of design, type, and usefulness, and for the unique traits Lycanroc can bring to Smash as a sun/moon themed earthbender.
Well, I'm flattered that I was the reason you got invested. Nice to see you speaking up again yourself!

And...I swear I haven't forgotten about adding your ideas for taunts and victory animations to the front page. Shouldn't be too difficult now that I'm in between projects at the moment...

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
It'd be a damn shame if they all got left out in the cold just because they wouldn't generate as much short term attention in comparison, you know?
Yeah, honestly Nintendo should just stick to their own characters, nothing against third parties, but let’s be honest: Nintendo characters have a much higher chance of sticking around than most of these one-off third parties, or the ones that only get a game every 3-4 years. Just take Waluigi for example: created with the sole purpose of Wario having a tennis partner, he somehow managed to stick around and has appeared in pretty much every spin-off since then. Then let’s not even get into all of the gen 1-2 pokemon, who’ve have stuck around for a lot longer than pretty much every third party there is (a lot of the ones made before them have faded into obscurity, or just flat out disappeared for whatever reason). Here’s another thing: only a few sonic characters and a couple other third parties would actually work and fit in to smash. A lot of them, Steve included, just wouldn’t make any sense with Sakurai being who he is: he adds joke characters, yes, but those are all Nintendo characters that actually have interesting potential in the game. Compared to every fighter on that roster, a lot of third parties would boring or lackluster for what the game is.

Joinallthreacs.smash

Smash Journeyman
I'd rather see more first party newcomers myself, but for slightly different reasons. While there are still a handful of interesting third party options out there, there're still so many compelling options within Nintendo's own repertoire. It'd be a damn shame if they all got left out in the cold just because they wouldn't generate as much short term attention in comparison, you know?

Well, hopefully we won't have to worry about that.

You know, that last part's actually pretty brilliant. Summoning a small rock to pop the crate or barrel up and onto their back would be a really neat touch that also highlights Lycanroc's unique powers.

Well, I'm flattered that I was the reason you got invested. Nice to see you speaking up again yourself!

And...I swear I haven't forgotten about adding your ideas for taunts and victory animations to the front page. Shouldn't be too difficult now that I'm in between projects at the moment...
Yeah, honestly Nintendo should just stick to their own characters, nothing against third parties, but let’s be honest: Nintendo characters have a much higher chance of sticking around than most of these one-off third parties, or the ones that only get a game every 3-4 years. Just take Waluigi for example: created with the sole purpose of Wario having a tennis partner, he somehow managed to stick around and has appeared in pretty much every spin-off since then. Then let’s not even get into all of the gen 1-2 pokemon, who’ve have stuck around for a lot longer than pretty much every third party there is (a lot of the ones made before them have faded into obscurity, or just flat out disappeared for whatever reason). Here’s another thing: only a few sonic characters and a couple other third parties would actually work and fit in to smash. A lot of them, Steve included, just wouldn’t make any sense with Sakurai being who he is: he adds joke characters, yes, but those are all Nintendo characters that actually have interesting potential in the game. Compared to every fighter on that roster, a lot of third parties would boring or lackluster for what the game is.
If they were gonna change anyone they would change Waluigi or Isaac because they are heavily requested first party Characters that are present in Nintendo's library, and I have heard rumors of Golden Sun 4. For Waluigi i think that they would listen and just get over the twitter floods and death threats

LukeRNG

Smash Ace
NNID
LukeBraginsky

Anyway, this is a list of first parties I could see happening:
-King Boo
-Dixie Kong
-BOTW Champion
-Sylux
-Medusa
-Edelgard
-Bandana Dee (the most likely of the bunch, in my opinion)
-Lycanroc
-Gen 8 Pokemon (if they saw screw it and add one before the game's launch)
-Octoling (either as a free echo or character meant to represent Splatoon 2's weapons)
-Chorus Kids (or your Rhythm Heaven character of choice)
-Ayumi Tachibana (or whatever Retro/Wacky rep you think Sakurai might use)
The thing about gen 8 is that it's most likely coming out in november, while the dlc ends in february 2020, so the gen 8 pokemon could be the final dlc.

Speaking of which, it's going to be interesting & nerve wracking looking at the new pokemon to try and find if any could be a contender for dlc rep. Especially for me who get's really excited to see new pokemon. But my feelings vary between the reveal and actually using the pokemon + looking at fanart of said pokemon. For example, i didn't think much of Kommo-o or Silvally and their respectice evolutionary families during the reveal, but they grew on me when i got to use them and looking at fan art increased their appeal. Popplio was my first pick when sun & moon came out but Decidueye looked so cool that i had to use it somehow and it became my 2nd favorite alolan pokemon.

On another note, what are your opinions on the pokeball lineup in ultimate? I really like most of the new ones they added, but i feel that gen 7 is lacking a few key pokemon.

Last edited:

Guynamednelson

Smash Legend
NNID
Nelson340
3DS FC
2105-8742-2099
Switch FC
SW 4265 6024 9719
On another note, what are your opinions on the pokeball lineup in ultimate? I really like most of the new ones they added, but i feel that gen 7 is lacking a few key pokemon.
There's a surprising amount of Pokemon recycled from Smash 4. I'd think Spewpa and Dedenne would get cut because of Pyukumuku and Togedemaru, Gogoat would be replaced with Mudsdale, and Oshawott would be replaced with Popplio.

Delzethin

NNID
Delzethin
The thing about gen 8 is that it's most likely coming out in november, while the dlc ends in february 2020, so the gen 8 pokemon could be the final dlc.
Thing is, that window is probably still too small, based on past precedent. Corrin, for example, was added to Smash in February 2016, but Fire Emblem Fates' initial release in Japan was in June 2015, a difference of about 7 1/2 months. Considering Corrin was apparently chosen right around, or shortly after, Fates' debut while this entire wave of DLC for Ultimate is already locked in as of two weeks ago, it doesn't bode well for games that won't be out until a full year from now.

And that's why I'm not buying the "of course they'll want to stick a Gen 8 newcomer in to promote the games" talk. The idea has spread because it seems inevitable at first glance, but looking under the surface reveals things aren't so simple, and that's why Gen 7 isn't out of the running yet and why we still have some semblance of a chance.

Seems...I dunno. The 'mons we got are alright and all, but there're definitely fewer new ones than in past games.

Couldn't this same exact point apply to first party characters as well? After K. Rool and Ridley, there are almost no more heavy hitters to add.
The point doesn't apply to either, in truth. On the first party side in particular, Nintendo keeps creating new stars over time that rise to prominence. Just because they don't have the same seniority as the characters us older fans grew up with doesn't mean they can't be heavy hitters. Case in point, my most viewed character concept video is the one for Bandana Dee!

Last edited:

MasteRMerF

Smash Journeyman
NNID
MasteRMerF
3DS FC
5000-2607-1297
Couple things I've been thinking about lately.
1. For the DLC, I believe Sakurai said they're not including Echo Fighters. While we all have our favorite/preferred form of Lycanroc, do you guys think this "no echo fighter" approach applies to any newcomers we may get, for example, Dusk echoing Midday or vice versa?
2. Do we know how early the DLC was chosen? Like if it was finalized more recently or more towards Ultimate's project plan or close to it? I feel like the earlier it was decided, the better Lycanroc's chances are.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
1. For the DLC, I believe Sakurai said they're not including Echo Fighters. While we all have our favorite/preferred form of Lycanroc, do you guys think this "no echo fighter" approach applies to any newcomers we may get, for example, Dusk echoing Midday or vice versa?
Honestly I think he just meant echoes wouldn’t be included as paid dlc in the fighters pass. I still expect some echoes to happen, maybe just as part of free updates to the game though.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Honestly I think he just meant echoes wouldn’t be included as paid dlc in the fighters pass. I still expect some echoes to happen, maybe just as part of free updates to the game though.
I doubt there'll be free echoes, even Mii costumes are paid.

osby

Smash Obsessed
Ok, yeah you’re probably right, I honestly forgot about those up until now due to how honestly useless they were to purchase.
I get my money's worth, since I used Miis a lot, but it seems a lot of people just bought them to leave them collecting dust.

DeltaSceptile

Smash Lord
I get my money's worth, since I used Miis a lot, but it seems a lot of people just bought them to leave them collecting dust.
Yeah, i Honestly never touched miis that much but now that ultimate seems to have given them a graphical touch up, I might just have to use ‘me a couple times.

Garteam

Smash Master
NNID
Garteam
Couple things I've been thinking about lately.
2. Do we know how early the DLC was chosen? Like if it was finalized more recently or more towards Ultimate's project plan or close to it? I feel like the earlier it was decided, the better Lycanroc's chances are.
1. I really don't think so, seeing how the pricing model is universal across the many packs. If one pack had an echo to go along with its character, that would necessitate putting an echo in every pack or changing the price of that pack to match the content included. That being said, I wouldn't mind paying $1.99 to get an extra echo.

2. We still don't really have any idea beyond the fact all characters are decided. If we go off the comment that Rex was too late and thusly could only have a mii costume, then it could've realistically been decided in the project plan with the base roster. However, if we use the precedent set by Smash for's DLC development, DLC beyond Piranha Plant was not decided on until the game finalized development and went gold. Obviously, things would be better for us if the first theory is true, but we're not out of the running if the second is true due to our anime prominence.

RandomAce

Smash Champion
To upend the script and gain more of a following, we need to figure out how to win people over, how to convince them to join our cause.

Perhaps the best way to start is to have an idea of what has worked in the past. To that end, here's a question: What was it that convinced each of you here that Lycanroc was worth supporting? The more specific you can be, the better, as it'd help paint a clearer picture of what to focus on.
Sorry I haven’t responded in such a long time, but I do want to share my thoughts.

You see, I think I’m a bit different from you guys in the sense that I was introduced to Lycanroc in Delzethin’s older Lycanroc Character Concept. Before that I never knew who Lycanroc was.

I guess the main reasons why I ended up getting interested in Lycanroc is mainly because:

A) I liked their designs. They’re pretty simple but do seem to bring in a satisfactory level of lore that I got more interested in learning about.

B) Their moveset possibilities seem appealing. Stat boosts, earth based moves, strawgrasping at a potential stance mechanic? Their potential play style and moveset is something that I would definitely want to play and see Sakurai implement.

It’s these two things that made me want to support Lycanroc, and so far I enjoyed the ride as I learned a lot from both sides of the coin.

Last edited:
Top Bottom