• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DAY 4: POLL-- Do you want Shiek as a Seperate Char. or as Part of Zelda?

Voyager

Smash Journeyman
Sheik should be out. Just the character though, the play style and moves could be given to a new character.

KAFOR

Smash Apprentice
Sheik should be out. Just the character though, the play style and moves could be given to a new character.
I don't understand the blind hatred for Sheik. She is rather unique and deserves to return. Moreso than Roy, Dr. Mario or Pichu.

EPX2

Smash Ace
I don't want Zelda to change at all. I can't understand why people would actually desire a unique veteran being excluded from Brawl.

Iris

Smash Ace
Take her out of Brawl please. Zelda shouldn't be dependent on a 10 year old alter-ego, she's too classic.

Retain the moveset, lose the character.

Mini Mic

Taller than Mic_128
BRoomer
Separate character, she shouldn't be brought down by Zelda's suckiness

Smash Ace
Option 3, I choose you!

If they want to try to reimplement the general concept of the transformation - that is, probably, a character with one form that can combo and one that can kill - they should do it with
Tetra
. There are way too many good Zelda reps to waste space on Sheik. WW Link, Midna, Wolf Link, Midna + Wolf Link, WW
Zelda/Tetra
(not a popular choice, but I actually think that it would be good), Zant (another unpopular choice), and Vaati. Oh, and the Skull Kid.

Notice that I didn't mention Tingle there. That was intentional. I would rather have Saria than Tingle. For that matter, I can come up with all manner of things that would be better playable characters than Tingle. My alarm clock, for an example.

vesperview

Smash Hero
Option 3, I choose you!

If they want to try to reimplement the general concept of the transformation - that is, probably, a character with one form that can combo and one that can kill - they should do it with Tetra. There are way too many good Zelda reps to waste space on Sheik. WW Link, Midna, Wolf Link, Midna + Wolf Link, WW Zelda/Tetra (not a popular choice, but I actually think that it would be good), Zant (another unpopular choice), and Vaati. Oh, and the Skull Kid.

Notice that I didn't mention Tingle there. That was intentional. I would rather have Saria than Tingle. For that matter, I can come up with all manner of things that would be better playable characters than Tingle. My alarm clock, for an example.
You think Sheik shouldn't return but you think Skull Kid and Zant are better Zelda reps?

bigman40

Smash Master
Shiek needs the be a part of Zelda. Having her own space is a waste, and her move set fitted with zeldas. Plus, that would mean one less different character if that happens (meaning that someone won't get their character in ssbb).

Smash Ace
EDIT[in response to Vesperview]Yes, I do.

Sheik is not even terribly important to her own game, nor to the storyline over all, nor is she terribly interesting mechanically. Skull Kid has one game as the main villain and has serious potential mechanically speaking. That's not much, but more than Sheik ever had. At this point, he/she/it is more a representation of the disfunctional parts of SSBM than the Zelda franchise. Zant is just a personal favorite of mine. I doubt that he'll be playable, and I can't really explain why I like him, but I think that he would be better than Sheik.

This is more my preference than anything else. I understand that.

Iris

Smash Ace
Bad 2.72, bad! No more opinions or honest preferences for you!

I don't see how Sheik is at all a part of Zelda. It happened in ONE GAME. That's like saying Tanooki Suits were vital to Mario's development. Hopefully Sakurai realizes that her character extends far beyond a one-time alter-ego and will give her something a little more fit for the universal Zelda.

Iris

Smash Ace
Really? Just for the record, have you played any Zelda games in the last century?

celsosalo

Smash Apprentice
Edmonton, Alberta: HOME OF THE EDMONTON OILERS
Midna:

Was besides Link, the main character of Twilight Princess. Warning for those who haven't played TP yet, this will contain some spoilers! The game was basically called after Midna, her being the princess of the Twilight Realm and all. Through the game, Midna's personality is changing a lot, and she even does some fighting in cutscenes. As proven a lot of times by people who have a more creative brain / more time to spent on SWF Midna could easily have a very unique moveset solo or riding Link in wolf form. Besides, she's a character that would add some diversity in the cast in something the series in lacking in; magic users.
I think having MIdna would be better than having shiek basically because I love Midna:laugh: and because she could have tons of moves based on Twilight Princess.:)

UberBob

Smash Apprentice

First of all, shiek as a seperate character would be wasting a space for a different character, possibly a good Legend of Zelda representative (Zant, WW Link, Midna). Also, shiek and zelda are the SAME PERSON. It wouldn't make sense to have two different characters. Yes Link and young link might be the same person, but they're in two different points of time.

celsosalo

Smash Apprentice
Edmonton, Alberta: HOME OF THE EDMONTON OILERS

First of all, shiek as a seperate character would be wasting a space for a different character, possibly a good Legend of Zelda representative (Zant, WW Link, Midna). Also, shiek and zelda are the SAME PERSON. It wouldn't make sense to have two different characters. Yes Link and young link might be the same person, but they're in two different points of time.
thats true and anyways why don't they do one of those Final Samsh attacks or whatever you call them and then make her tranform into shiek or some thing, like the did with Samus.:laugh:

Top Bottom