• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dawn of the 3D Remake: Young Link for DLC! (ROY IS SEMI-CLONED! HOPE FOR MOVESET CHANGES RISES!)

Elin

Your face is strange... Is it always like that?
NNID
ShinySilverEevee
3DS FC
5301-1189-1305
Yesterday I found an N64 in my basement. Guess what game was in it.

So now I see uniqueness right in my face.

The only problem is transformations aren't strong enough for the 3DS. But you (hopefully) already know that.

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
I realized that Young Link has a HELLUVA lot of potential for SSB4. In fact, so much that I'm surprised he wasn't considered. Sakurai was being pretty single minded with how Young Link was added in my opinion. I have a set for Young Link that is reminiscent of Shulk, but not cloning him in the slightest and keeping to the Link and LoZ as a whole theme.

B - Mask Change. Young Link uses something similar to the Monado Arts here. He changes his mask to Deku Link (Jump), Goron Link (Buster/Smash) and Zora Link (Speed...sorta). He can keep these for a limited time each.

Up B - Hero's Spin. Come on, who can't resist how awesome that is.

Side B - Boomerang. This one has a longer reach compared to Toon Link and Normal Link's, but has less power. It has a smaller tornado on it too, meaning the running slash can be used with it.

Down B - Guard. This is like Dark Pit and Pit's orbiters. It can't handle big attacks, and when it breaks, you end up being stunned for half the time of a shield break. When you're hit, you get pushed back. You can only guard for up to 3 seconds. You can also use Mask Change with this.

A - Just like Link's.

Up Smash - Toon Link's Up Smash.

Side Smash - Link's again.

Down Smash - Very similar to Roy and Marth's. Stronger in the middle.

Up Tilt - Young Link thrusts his sword in the air like Marth does. Slightly weaker than the Up Smash at minimum charge, but hits a lot faster.

Side Tilt - Kind of like Roy's side tilt. Not as strong though.

Down Tilt - Young Link hits the ground with his sword diagonally. Launches to opponent diagonally. Rather strong for a tilt, but not Roy tier.

Dash attack - Link's. I know what you're thinking - I can spam that FG boomerang combo. Yes. Yes you can.

Final Smash: Fierce Deity. You transform into the Fierce Deity for a limited time. You have a limited time to cause a ton of destruction, similar to Giga Bowser. At the end, the Fierce Deity slashes the moon in half with the Skull Kid near it, causing a wave of purple energy to surge across the field, causing major damage to anyone hit by it.

So in a nutshell, trading bombs and arrows for a more mask-centric set. The boomerang is still there so the traditional 'FG Link Boomerang + Side Tilt Spam' can be used, as it is a staple with Link users.

So, I bet you're wondering...why add Young Link again?
I support veterans returning as DLC, and even formed an idea of Pichu being in as free DLC for those who like Free DLC. I think Young Link has a lot more potential if he's re-added, and then it can further the chances of there being a Smash game with every veteran in. Young Link is no exception. I was pretty disappointed with how Young Link wasn't even a Toon Link alt (despite similarities), and having him back would be an amazing thing. The fact that Shulk's Monado Arts exist show that Young Link can have a mask-centric set, and possibly de-clone him. Yes, there's a lot of Zelda Reps, but advertising Majora's Mask 3D wouldn't hurt, would it? Young Link could bring so much to the roster, and really shake things up!

I'm actually considering adding this in a Brawl hack, since I really like how I made this.
Even if Young Link doesn't return as a character, I hope he's a DLC costume for Toon Link at best. I heard that clones were planned to have an Olimar/Alph concept all around, but the devs got bored and split em up. And that, my friend, is how we ended up with Lucina, the cloniest of clones.

Last edited:
YOUNG LINK FOR DLC!

This is the where you can discuss Young Link, a character who first appeared in Melee as a padded clone.
Voting is currently in session with the ballot going on, so please vote for Young Link!
Join in the campaign here: http://young-link-3d.tumblr.com/

:younglinkmelee:

(By @Waverunner )
Sample Moveset Using Masks From MM:

For Young Link, this moveset uses the same normals, smash attacks, and grabs like in Melee.

1. Goron Roll- Young Link curls up into a Goron Ball (and it looks like an actual Goron is curling up), and starts rolling in place, charging up and eventually rolling forward to ram into enemies. Works like Jigglypuff's Standard Special, except it is slower to fully charge, and can damage opponents if they run into Link while he is charging.
2. Zora Fins- Young Link throws 2 Zora Fins, which shoot of from both sides of him. They work like Boomerangs, though slightly stronger and smaller, and can be angled after they are thrown.
3. Deku Bubble- Link blows a bubble and shoots it forward. It can be charged, and the larger it gets, the farther it charges. It can also be angled. It stuns enemies similarly to Zero Suit Samus' Standard Special.

1. Zora Flip- Young Link somersaults forward and delivers a powerful kick with both feet. It is a viable horizontal recovery, but if Young Link misses the ground, he will go into helplessness.
2. Deku Spin- Young Link runs forward and does a twirl, knocking back any opponents caught in the way. It is fast, but Young Link will fall backwards if hit during the duration of the attack.
3. Goron Punch- Young Link charges forward with a slow, fiery, punch attack. It has great knock back if it connects with an opponent.

1. Deku Flower- Young Link flies up holding 2 flowers, and can temporarily fly freely. Pressing the attack button will make Link drop a Deku Nut that will stun/meteor enemies it hits, while pressing the special button will make Young Link put the flowers away and drop down in helplessness.
2. Goron Slam- Young Link rolls into a Goron Ball, flies quickly up into the air, and slams down onto the ground, similarly to Dedede's Up Special, except obviously without the stars. It can bury opponents though.
3. Zora Barrier- Young Link twirls into the air with a surrounding electrical barrier. The trajectory of Link's twirl can be angled, and it will reflect projectiles.

1. Eulogy of Emptiness- Spawns one of the 4 infamous statues in sequence, which can act as a barrier from attacks. They also each have special properties.
-1. Link: Reflects projectiles.
-2. Deku Scrub: Trips opponents.
-3. Mikau: Stuns opponents.
-4: Darmani: Knocks back opponents.
2. Blast Mask- There will be a short pause, and then Young Link will explode, damaging himself and all surrounding enemies. Unless Link shields at the right time though, then the explosion will only affect enemies.
3. Gibdo Mask- Can paralyze nearby enemies. It has a slow startup.

Fierce Diety- A cinematic of Young Link putting on the Fierce Deity Mask plays, and transforms in FD Link. He has twice the power of Link and much bigger melee range. You are able shoot lasers too. This FS lasts for only 10 seconds.

1. Green Tunic (Default)
2. Red Tunic
3. Blue Tunic
4. Pink Tunic
5. Yellow Tunic
6. Dark Link
7. Kafei alt. color
8. Skull Kid alt. color

Up: Lon Lon Milk- Same as the Taunt from Melee
Side: Kamaro's Mask- Young Link puts on the mask and quickly does a part of the dance.
Down: Copy Cat- Young Link puts on a mask resembling one of his opponents. For Mii's Young Link will wear a larger version of the Mii Hat for Kirby. For other fighters, it would be made to look like it was made by the Happy Mask Salesman (if you want to visualize it, think of the Mario mask on the Happy Mask Salesman's back for one possible design).

1. Marches in with the Bremen mask, with a line of Cuccos following.
2. Drinks a whole cup of Lon Lon Milk and shows off his jar on his left side.
3. Turns into Zora Link to do a dolphin dive, then circles across the screen as Goron Link, then transforms into Deku Link to spin, doing an epic pose in the end.

[collapse= Mega Bidoof's Moveset]
Entrance - YL (Young Link) lands on the stage from using the Song of Soaring, which looks like it does in MM, with the egg-shaped feather pod thing

Neutral A - YL swings his Gilded Sword forward horizontally
Neutral A Combo - YL does the normal "swing, swing, swing" combo from MM, the last swing having some KO potential if the target has pretty high percentage
Dash Attack - YL does a moving spin attack with his sword

Forward Tilt - YL puts on the Bremen Mask, and marches forward
Up Tilt - YL puts on the Bunny Hood, takes a tiny hop upward, and does an upward jab with his sword
Down Tilt - YL puts on Kamaro's Mask, and does a motion of the dance

Up Smash - YL becomes ZL (Zora Link), and performs a quick hop with his magic barrier activated
Down Smash - YL becomes DL (Deku Link) and shoots a snot bubble a short distance forward (the longer it's charged = the bigger, more powerful, and farther it goes)
Forward Smash - YL becomes GL (Goron Link) and powerfully punches forward

Neutral air - YL puts on the Postman's Mask and jabs an envelope forward
Up air - YL becomes DL and spins with a slight upward movement
Down air - YL transforms into GL, curls up, and slams straight down, similar to Bowser's down aerial
Forwards air - YL swings his sword as if he jumped off a ledge and swung his sword in MM, except there is no downward movement
Back air - YL becomes ZL, turns around, and slashes with his boomerang fins

Grab - YL shoots his Golden Hookshot
Grab attack - YL wears a random mask and headbutts the fighter in his grasp
Up throw - YL puts on Don Gero's mask, throws the enemy in the air, then leaps up and kicks him/her
Down throw - YL wears his Blast Mask, dives on top of the enemy (with his shield up) and explodes
Forward throw - YL puts on the Gibdo Mask, freezes the opponent like a Gibdo would, then kicks them
Back throw - YL puts on the Keaton's Mask, and a Keaton appears for a quick moment and knocks the enemy back

B - YL becomes ZL and throws his boomerangs fins
Up B - YL becomes DL and fires himself up, as if he flew out of a Deku Bud
Side B - YL becomes GL and does the Goron Roll, which functions like Yoshi and Jigglypuff's Side Special, but it gets stronger and faster after rolling longer
Down B - YL uses the Mirror Shield as a reflector, which also reduces the damage done by non-projectile attacks

Final Smash - YL transforms into GL and throws a powder keg forward a short distance. Anyone caught will be launched straight up in the air together, then GL will become DL, who will plant a Deku Bud and slam them into it, which will cause them to launch back up in the air even higher. DL will now become ZL, and will jump into and go past the victims in the magic barrier, and will then transform into Fierce Deity Link, and will deal one final blow to the victims, before landing and become YL once more.
[/collapse]

_____

Ah Young Link, by far one of the most debated characters I have defended through my time here in DLC speculation so far. I have encountered pretty much every single bit of percentage of arguments against him, and I will show that there are positives within Young Link that can overcome the negative aspects of inclusion and make it as readable as possible. With that, let's get started and I recommend to NOT IGNORE and read every inch of this before you rate:
___

+He's a veteran. Sakurai has reiterated that "if that character is removed from the game, the people who live for that character in Smash Bros. are going to have their feelings hurt." With this in mind, with the time he has for DLC, there's a
good chance he'll bring almost every veteran back (I say "almost" because Ice Climbers and the 3DS limitations), and Young Link is one of those. This gives him a better chance than most characters for DLC.
___

+When it comes to relevance, Young Link is already through the gate with that with the 3DS title The Legend of Zelda: Majora's Mask 3D. Just like Toon Zelda, even if Sakurai doesn't want to plan all the veterans for DLC pre-ballot, he likely has considered Young Link again with the highly anticipated remake. That is what also gives him a slight edge over some veterans (Pichu, Ivysaur, Squirtle) even if he's the least requested.
___

+Not only that, he would be an easy to make clone. Like Pichu, he also shares some similarities with Toon Link and Link and already has a moveset to take from and start from scratch.

Given with the recently released game and the free time he's been given with DLC, he could likely and easily take some inspiration from the game to use masks that act as temporary transform moves like Kirby's Stone attack, Pac-Man turning into his pizza shape form, and Sonic turning into his ball form, there are a load of examples of this. His non-special move attacks would likely remain the same, but with new moves to give him a new flavor that doesn't feel exactly like Toon Link's play style.

From, my moveset (which you can find below), The Side-B is basically the boomerang, only two small versions of them are thrown in the air. The Neutral-B remains the same. The only two moves that need adjusting would be his Down-B and Recovery. He's still the light-weighted somewhat powerful Young Link he's always been, only with a few new tools. It's not a drastic change to his playstyle really.

Neutral-B: Fire Arrow: The same as in Melee, with the same hitstun and able to inflict damage even after rhe arrow is show.

Side-B: Zora Boomerang: Link turns into Zora Link to throw two multi-hitting small fin boomerangs at the opponent, great for keeping out of range of the opponent, however he's unable to move and he has to wait for the boomerangs to come back in order to move again.

Down-B: Goron Roll: Similar to Sonic's Down-B, only much stronger and slower. It must be at full charge in order to Goron Link to damage opponents. If uncharged, Goron Link will just pass by the opponent where he's open to attack.
(Altenatively, he can just use the bombchus if Sakurai wishes to keep the special moves similar)

Up-B: Deku Flower Flight: Link turns into Deku Link to fly with his swirling flowers, has a glide effect and is able to shoot Deku Nuts straightforward in the air. The flowers also do multi-hitting damage too if an opponent tries to hit from above. If an opponent manages to hit him, he'll fall helplessly making him really open to attacks.
(Alternatively, he can just keep the same special move too)
___

Really that's the main points helping his inclusion really, the other benefits such as importance to the Zelda series and coming from two very critically acclaimed games is kinda unimportant really given that he is already an established character in Smash Bros. One of the slightly likelier candidates for DLC, I think people are severally undererestimating his chances here.

Common Arguments Against Young Link that I will Counter below:

Young Link is redundant! We don't need a third link! Toon Link Takes His Playstyle!

This doesn't matter at all. People mention Paper Mario as a plausible candidate and don't mention that he's a third Mario, yet it matters for Young Link. There is some inconsistency within this. Really with Sakurai it doesn't matter if he's Link, the fact that Sakurai has aloud multiple versions of a character in a roster and the fact that he is a veteran that people miss dearly should show that being a third link is irrelevant to his chances.
____

He's a clone! The fanbases HATE clones they will react badly and salt will be poured!
Really? This is a franchise that Sakurai has added similar characters on for each installment he made that he made on his spare time so he can increase play-time for many players. Sure, Dark Pit and Dr. Mario had gotten negative reception at first, but people got over it in days once the streams of Smash 3DS started rolling when all the characters got unlocked. The same will go for Young Link, people will hate it, but get over it eventually and buy him anyway to complete their rosters or not buy him at all if they don't like his inclusion.
____

He's not popular at the ballot! Not qualifiable for DLC!
I'm sure you all heard this before, just because a certain character is unpopular doesn't make them impossible. There are likely characters who have been planned way before the ballot was considered, just to name a few, Lucas, Roy, Ryu, and Mewtwo are among some of these. Not ALL will solely be based on the ballot. Even then, the ballot is nothing more than a suggestion box in reality, there's a large misunderstanding when it comes to how the ballot works, it isn't a popularity
contest guys.
____

Zelda has enough characters, too many reps!
And why would this matter? Let me give you one single character who is also a veteran who is getting in despite fact the series has already gotten 4 characters, and that character is Roy, giving Fire Emblem five characters total despite being a niche franchise. Really this is more of an opinion than anything, which likely doesn't share with Sakurai given how open he
is with choices.
____

He has to go through Impa and Ganon first, too much Zelda competition!
Is it really that much competition though?

The only Zelda characters that come to mind are Impa, Ganon, Tetra, and Toon Zelda. That's not fierce competition at all.
Even then, the former two have bigger problems in mind, notably Impa having consistent minor roles with most Zelda games and the fact Ganon likely won't be considered given with Sakurai already having Ganondorf and his lack of popularity in the ballot. It really dumbs down to just Tetra and Toon Zelda, which I don't find much flaws to their inclusion at all, but Young Link has the slight upper edge with him being a veteran and having a highly anticipated 3DS title that's still being advertised in commercials today. (that game was far more anticipated that WWHD)
____

He was not planned for Brawl, that means he's never going to be considered again!
Honestly, this is a pretty bad argument. Given how Sakurai starts considering his choices on many polls and upcoming games now, like I said before, even if Sakurai doesn't want to plan all the veterans for DLC pre-ballot, he likely has considered Young Link again with the highly anticipated remake. Also, the fact that he hates cutting veterans also means he would've likely picked up the idea of Young Link again even if he somehow magically ignores that MM3D just got released. Either way, he likely has been considered even if one cancelled the other, he's still in favor. Just because he hasn't been considered in Brawl doesn't mean can't be considered in other ways.
____

We already have Majora's Mask costume and a Link costume! He's impossible now!
Sheik already represents OoT, we don't need Young Link!

This is almost irrelevant to his chances, given how there are a load of costumes based on existing characters on the roster and the fact Sakurai has let Young Link, Sheik, Zelda, Ganondorf and Link in the same roster in Melee. Even then, this doesn't really outweigh the positives Young Link has of being a veteran Sakurai can bring back.

Signature:

The Kokiri Clan:
1. BluePikmin11
2. Waverunner
3. cephalopod17
4. Ben Holt
5. Mikegamer0608
6. Sari
7. Unknown Hero
8. Iko MattOrr
9. Awesomedude4444
10. ElPanandero
11. DanesoulX
12. Marthmario
13. Nauzgo
14. Lucimar
15. DoodleDuck97
16. LemmyKoopa
17. SMX
18. Shrokatii
19. 8-bit man
20. Tomo
21. Darth Nightmaricus
22. Fogs
Please add me to the supporters list.

MrGameguycolor

Smash Lord
NNID
MrGameguycolor
Switch FC
7681-9716-5789
I wouldn't mind if Young Link makes a return, we already have 3 Marths, why not complete the Tri Force with a mid-ground balanced Link?
If it were to happen, I would love to see his original Multi-hit jab combo, less lag on the 2nd hit of FSmash, original Nair, Dair bounce on hit, fire arrows, original boomerang, & original taunt. (Maybe Link's Melee taunt as a bonus)

Supporters list?
Sure, I don't mind being apart of it.

I wouldn't mind if Young Link makes a return, we already have 3 Marths, why not complete the Tri Force with a mid-ground balanced Link?
If it were to happen, I would love to see his original Multi-hit jab combo, less lag on the 2nd hit of FSmash, original Nair, Dair bounce on hit, fire arrows, original boomerang, & original taunt. (Maybe Link's Melee taunt as a bonus)

Supporters list?
Sure, I don't mind being apart of it.
No we have two Marths and a Roy.

If Young Link is so unique as a "mid-ground balanced Link" when Roy has more unique attributes than YL compared to the Links, I really don't think it's fair to lump Roy into being another Marth.

Plus if there really were three Marths, then I feel it'd hurt Wolf and YL's chances (still wouldn't mind either and would like YL most). More than one clone triangle wouldn't bode well, Roy and Lucas specifically were some of the most requested characters overall so they're both special exceptions and fanservice characters for pretty much anything.

Last edited:

xXEnderSeanXx

Smash Rookie

Feel free to put this in your signatures. If you're wondering, yes that is Great Bay in the background. :younglinkmelee:

Last edited:

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
I'd like to see Young Link back. Not only did I like him in Melee, but the masks from Majora's Mask could easily create a move-set and play-style very different from Link (And Toon Link).

LuffyLink

Smash Apprentice
(Sorry for not asking you earlier but could you add me on the supporters list please?)

Honestly, I don't think adding the masks for his specials will be enough, but it's not a problem because he has the hidden skills he taught TP Link (his side smash could be the Jump Strike and he could use the Great Spin as a down smash), his other items (the bow the bomb etc...) and even his moves in Hyrule Warriors.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
So, Great Bay Stage was just leaked!
Is it fake?Could this be signs for Young Link's return?!

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Pretty interesting people seem to like to make a lot of fake leaks involving Young Link these days.....

(Although this one wasn't so much for Young Link as it was for the Great Bay stage but yeah.....)

Last edited:

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Young Link's Hyrule Warriors model is available over at the model resources.

Maybe I might retool him a little one day to look more at home in Smash 4's art style. Maybe....
Though I may prefer to wait until his Ocarina of Time 3D or Majora's Mask 3D model becomes available.....

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
Young Link's Hyrule Warriors model is available over at the model resources.

Maybe I might retool him a little one day to look more at home in Smash 4's art style. Maybe....
Though I may prefer to wait until his Ocarina of Time 3D or Majora's Mask 3D model becomes available.....
Oh, please do that if you can!!!

Wait, why not just use his HW model?

Curious Villager

Puzzles...
Nothing much, Just thinking about rebuilding his 3DS model and some of his items and equipment from the ground up and practicing with modelling his facial expressions and all and I think I'll probably have an easier time doing that with his 3DS model. I'll double check if he has them in his Hyrule Warriors model though.

Though I may do a combination of his 3DS and Hyrule Warriors design much like Sakurai did for Roy and his original and modern design I suppose....

Tomo

Smash Rookie
It was officially deconfirmed by stone in 4chan. I saw it myself. Shame the leaks with Young Link always seem to come to an end.
:( :( it seems that we only get new mii costumes and 2 new stages (maybe the dr. Mario stage too) and the youtube feature within this update. *goes and cries too*

Last edited:

Sakuraichu

Smash Journeyman
That title grabbed my attention.
I DO NOT HAVE ANYTHING AGAINST YOUNG LINK. IF ROY CAN RETURN, PICHU AND YOUNG LINK NOW LOOK LIKE K ROOL AND WOLF.

Roy was hardly "decloned". Roy shares 78.3% of this moveset with Marth/Lucina, making him the cloniest semiclone in Smash history.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
I really like Young Link. Not because I have any strong connections to the character, or because I particularly liked him in Melee.

It's because he's just so gosh-darn cute in Hyrule Warriors.

Throw me on the supporters list.

Last edited:

Dsull

Smash Ace
3DS FC
5301-0115-2290
Majora's Mask is the only zelda game that wasnt utter trash (spirit train...) i never beat because my N64 cartridge was bugged lol. So until people started mentioning basing him off Majora's Mask, always viewed him as just another clone.

Basing him off Majora's Mask is a great idea and adds a lot of flexibility to a character that normally doesnt have many options. You could technically give him gear that the current Links dont have, but what ones outside the Masks would work in Sm4sh and not be as different as the Boomerages are lol.

I just hope that the 3DS doesnt have an issue with him "transforming" for his specials, since they really wouldnt look right if he did them as Link.

Plague von Karma

The Resource Mogul
NNID
chippy2000
3DS FC
1848-2511-8044
Switch FC
SW-0980-5769-9485
Majora's Mask is the only zelda game that wasnt utter trash (spirit train...) i never beat because my N64 cartridge was bugged lol. So until people started mentioning basing him off Majora's Mask, always viewed him as just another clone.

Basing him off Majora's Mask is a great idea and adds a lot of flexibility to a character that normally doesnt have many options. You could technically give him gear that the current Links dont have, but what ones outside the Masks would work in Sm4sh and not be as different as the Boomerages are lol.

I just hope that the 3DS doesnt have an issue with him "transforming" for his specials, since they really wouldnt look right if he did them as Link.
Transforming is an issue, but the set I came up with uses the Commander and Keaton Mask, with his other masks being used in a Final Smash similar to the male Mii Fighter's Omega Break.

-crump-

Smash Champion
3DS FC
1590-4951-5915
Switch FC
SW-4366-1207-0908
Honestly, I see Young Link being added as a Roy-ified clone before getting his own moveset.

Don't get me wrong, I'd love to see him with his own moves, but I think, if he is going to be, he'd be included as a post-ballot character that takes very little effort (I see Pichu in a similar fashion)

SMAASH! Puppy

Smash Legend
GUYS!!! I thought of a really cool way to incorporate masks into Young Link's moveset (Sadly it could only work in next smash)!
Normally when decloning characters I try to keep them true to the original to make them seem more likely, but I found a way to have both the masks as full on transformations, and keep it close to what Young Link was before! How? Taunts. So far taunts have been cute little animations that can anger the opponent if used. Luigi and Greninja can actually use their taunts to deal damage. I had the idea of a character using taunts as a competitively viable attack for a while now, but I have never doing it for Young Link until now. Each of his taunts could have him bring out one of his three masks, (I'm thinking the down taunt should be Deku Link, the side taunt should be Goron Link, and the up taunt should be Zora Link.) and transform Young Link into one of the transformations. Each transformation would be great fighters in their own right, you could combine all four of them, or use one for the whole fight. (As you can tell I have probably excited myself way too much with this, but I want this to happen. Do it Nintendo.)
EDIT: I forgot to mention that using the taunt that transformed you removes the transformation and you change back to Young Link.

Last edited:

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
GUYS!!! I thought of a really cool way to incorporate masks into Young Link's moveset (Sadly it could only work in next smash)!
Normally when decloning characters I try to keep them true to the original to make them seem more likely, but I found a way to have both the masks as full on transformations, and keep it close to what Young Link was before! How? Taunts. So far taunts have been cute little animations that can anger the opponent if used. Luigi and Greninja can actually use their taunts to deal damage. I had the idea of a character using taunts as a competitively viable attack for a while now, but I have never doing it for Young Link until now. Each of his taunts could have him bring out one of his three masks, (I'm thinking the down taunt should be Deku Link, the side taunt should be Goron Link, and the up taunt should be Zora Link.) and transform Young Link into one of the transformations. Each transformation would be great fighters in their own right, you could combine all four of them, or use one for the whole fight. (As you can tell I have probably excited myself way too much with this, but I want this to happen. Do it Nintendo.)
EDIT: I forgot to mention that using the taunt that transformed you removes the transformation and you change back to Young Link.
I had that thought. Though I would like to still have the milk taunt.

NNID
Nightdazer
3DS FC
0731-4784-1465
Please add me to the supporter list.
Btw, how about having the Milk Taunt actually heal Young Link for some %? How about something like...idk, 5%? It takes a long time to finish the taunt.

Tomo

Smash Rookie
Everybody! Please tell your family members, friends etc that they should vote for young link on the official ballot. Maybe we have a little chance that he returns. :)

GalacticPetey

Smash Journeyman
NNID
GalacticPetey
How about letting them vote for who they want instead of forcing them to vote in your interest.

Tomo

Smash Rookie
Some of my friends do not know who to vote anyways so they have voted for young link. And some of my friends have their most favorite character already in game so they voted for him too. ^^ and some of my friends had young link as a main in melee too and voted for him. :D :D ^^

Yoshister

Smash Champion
NNID
DinoandAllen1
3DS FC
5386-7994-1390
(Go to 2:21) I hope this is possible if Young Link comes back.

Last edited:

ShadowKing

Smash Ace
NNID
TheShadowKing24
3DS FC
4785-7167-2769
I wonder how many votes he has because me and my friend voted for him

Guybrush20X6

Creator of Lego Theory
NNID
Guybrush20X6
3DS FC
4253-3477-4804
Switch FC
SW-2140-7758-3904
If we're talking Luigification (as opposed to a completely new [possibly Majora inspired] moveset) of Young Link we need to know what Adult Link and Toon Link's playstyles are.

One idea I have is making Young Link more trap based with his fire arrows becoming temp stage hazards and his bombs resting on the ground instead of exploding immediately giving him stage control.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
If we're talking Luigification (as opposed to a completely new [possibly Majora inspired] moveset) of Young Link we need to know what Adult Link and Toon Link's playstyles are.

One idea I have is making Young Link more trap based with his fire arrows becoming temp stage hazards and his bombs resting on the ground instead of exploding immediately giving him stage control.
You mean like Link's Sm4sh bombs and TL PM arrows? I wouldn't mind that.

FairyLip

Smash Apprentice
NNID
SmoothJazz
Should Yink be able to recover health with the Milk Drink taunt if he keeps it? Obviously not a huge amount, but some?

False Sense

Ad Astra Per Aspera
NNID
FalseSense
3DS FC
3368-2599-3209
Yes.

Like 10% would be good.
I think that would be too much. Keep in mind, Wii Fit Trainer has the ability to self-heal with Deep Breathing and a fully charged Sun Salutation, but each one only heals for about 1/2%, and it's not something that can be easily spammed. Recovering 10% for every taunt would be kind of ridiculous.

If they were to go through with an idea like this, 1% or 2% would work better.

The Merc

Hyrule's "Light"
I think that would be too much. Keep in mind, Wii Fit Trainer has the ability to self-heal with Deep Breathing and a fully charged Sun Salutation, but each one only heals for about 1/2%, and it's not something that can be easily spammed. Recovering 10% for every taunt would be kind of ridiculous.

If they were to go through with an idea like this, 1% or 2% would work better.
But the difference is that those are both attack/attack boosters for Wii Fit Trainer that can also damage opponents where as Young Link's taunt can't attack opponents, takes super long to do anyway plus WFT can cancel here moves where Young Link can't. If 10% is to much, then at least 5%.

Top Bottom