• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dawgbowl Presents: Brawl+ and Poker, 2 ways to take your money! (July 11th)

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
you should try doing this again on a day that doesnt have brawl.

brawl + is waay too fun FALCON AND MARTH ALL DAY LOL.
Its tough finding days that aren't holding melee/brawl tourneys or festivals... so I just figured I'd throw one down now... and assuming everything goes swimmingly another should be headed in august.

wow tis late.

GuruKid

Smash Ace
Its tough finding days that aren't holding melee/brawl tourneys or festivals... so I just figured I'd throw one down now... and assuming everything goes swimmingly another should be headed in august.
Please make the announcement well in advance!

(Is dying to go to MD/VA+).

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
alright im definately in, dunno about poker, its fun but im running on the semi poor end atm. we'll see when i get there, jcaes what time should i swing by tonight for practice if we doing that? if not what time should i swing by tommorrow to be on our way?

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
So, considering the massive hype that is the new music hack, I'm recommending that we make an exception and use the latest nightly build at this tourney: http://brawlplus.net/download/

If anything catches you by surprise in the tourney, no johns, it's entirely your own fault for not looking at the changelist, which is right there in that link. Especially note the major changes to Ness, Ivysaur, Toon Link, and Wolf.

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
So, considering the massive hype that is the new music hack, I'm recommending that we make an exception and use the latest nightly build at this tourney: http://brawlplus.net/download/

If anything catches you by surprise in the tourney, no johns, it's entirely your own fault for not looking at the changelist, which is right there in that link. Especially note the major changes to Ness, Ivysaur, Toon Link, and Wolf.
Agreed, this is whats happening.

Seagull Joe

Smash Legend
NNID
SeagullJoe
so basically wolf's dair is even better, his fair has better angle for killing, his nair is different but i dont use it much anyway, and his side b is falcon's knee. basically he is even better =)

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
WHAT
JCAESAR, WHY DID YOU NOT INFORM ME OF THIS.

DAMMIT! Changing to nightly now.
(I had an official set with the music hack in it)

Jiggs buffs are needed though.

EDIT: Someone needs to stand outside so I don't get lost. :p turkey, hope you can teach my Wolf something he doesn't know. *COUGH*LESSSMASHING*COUGH*

I wish I could've gotten more music in. The only ones I have on are the ones I made. http://www.mediafire.com/?sharekey=64f6bec5bd550db8af924764f9977b1df3bd8ff9ddfa1e23ce018c8114394287

dawgbowl

Smash Ace
3DS FC
3239-2803-2467
First I guess I'd like to thank everyone for coming on such short notice, I apologize gull/slik and others who would have potentially wanted to attend, the next will be probably mid-august maybe on a sunday as JC suggested (though food places close earlier then, well, I guess dennys doesn't) so let me know if sundays would be better since alot of people still play that other game.

Congrats to Waff and JC and teams, and ThatGuyWe****WellBetterKnow in singles, unbelievable s***.

Who? oh right, Thatguy - DAaaaamn, pretty **** good showings for your first tournament. Like I said if you ever want to play just PM me or whatever I need someone around here to B+ with. Thanks for coming by.

Waff sry about the brackets, I really should have thought it through but I pretty much just scribbled things down and said "hey is this ok" and we started, I'll get it right next time.

Bandito, always good teaming with you, sadly things didn't go as we planned >_>

JC always helpful, I appreciate it. And thanks for being patient and letting waffle and bndit play poker and LCR.

Quinn/Thunderhorse - Thanks for making the drive up, hope it was worth your time and hope you can stay for poker and stuff next time.

Like I said, I like saturdays better, but if sundays are a majority I guess I can take off just lemme know.

RESULTS:
Doubles::
1. Jcaesar and Waffle (Rob/Squirtle/shiek/wolf and ZSS)
2. ThatGuy and Sean (Diddy Kong and Jigglypuff)
3. Bandit and Dawgbowl (Zelda/Shiek and Lucas/Ness)
4. Thunderhorse and Quinny (Falco and Fox/Ganon)

Singles::
1. ThatGuyYouMightKnow (Diddy Kong)
2. Jcaesar (Rob/Squirtle/shiek/wolf)
3. Thunderhorse (Falco)
4. Waffle (ZSS)
5. Bandit (Zelda/Shiek)
5. Dawgbowl (Lucas/Ness)
7. Sean (Jigglypuff)
7. Quinny (Ganon/Fox)

I'll keep you updated, if anyone knows of any good august dates off the top of their head, throw em up

Thunderhorse+

Smash Ace
Thanks G-reg, I'll treat your money well ;).

Anyway, extremely fun tournament. I'll definitely try to come to the next one of these and take your money in Poker as well as B+ (or at the very least win my portion back!).

shoutouts:

1) ThatGuy - daaaaaaaaamn son. Did not expect you to pull not only one, but two stunning wins off on JCaes. You should've lost so I could've taken 2nd though!

2) JCaesar - FUUUUUUUUUUUCK Squirtle. Wait I'll take that one step further. FUUUUUUUUUUCK WiFi Waiting Room. Good **** as always though. MD/VA gonna clean up at HERB2

3) Thunderhorse - wow what a huge campy ******. Learn to Doubles/do something to Squirtle.

4) VanillaWaffle - Sorry that you had to suffer through Falco twice, but it's always cool chilling with you.

5) RedBandit - Go to HERB2 with us! HERB2 could use more death sparkles. Team with me one of these days too and prove that Falco/Zelda team up as strong as you say it is. Maybe it's so good it might even be able to carry me past the first few rounds of a double's tourney!

5) Dawgbowl - thanks for hosting this event. You're a pretty cool dude, I just wish your house was just as cool instead of boiling lava hot! Very nice Lucas though.

7) Sean - I don't think I ended up playing you too much, but from what I remember you weren't half bad. Just keep at it.

7) Quinnydinny - last but not least my homeboy. Now that your work schedule's cleared up, there should be more opportunities to come to test your skill. That's probably the #1 way to improve at Smash in general. Keep on Wiztrucking.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Holy balls, TH, your Falco is going to get to me one day. xD And JC's **** squirtle too!

Nice games, Bandit (TEAM PUFF!!1!one!eleven!!....Right?), Dawgbowl (Lucas caught me by suprise!), Sean, Waffle (Stole my **** name! xD), Quinny, etc. All really great players!

And yeah Dawg, I could probably PM you or call you, etc. for more games. We actually don't live too far from each other. :p

I took secret pictures. :p They were all blurry and **** though.

JCaesar

Smash Hero
NNID
JCaesar
Dawgbowl, you best be putting Sheik and Wolf next to my name :p Thanks for hosting, it was a lot of fun!

ThatGuy, good **** in singles, I have no idea what to do against Diddy, though randomly trying Wolf worked out pretty well *note to self, learn to play Wolf* Be ready for furry battles next time! Oh also, when I upload the vids, what do you want your tag to be? ThatGuy? Blanka?
Oh almost forgot, J-pop sucks :p

Waffle, good stuff in teams, chill out about Falco though. Yeah he's gay but when there's money on the line, people play to win, you can't blame them for that. Just pick a character with a good crawl or hide behind a sandbag :p

Thunderhorse, sandbag, that is all. See you at HERB2, let's show them how MD/VA *****.

Bandit, we finally meet in battle. GGs, especially match 2, that **** was amazing.

Everyone else, good ****, thanks for coming.

ThatGuyYouMightKnow

Smash Champion
Dawgbowl, you best be putting Sheik and Wolf next to my name :p Thanks for hosting, it was a lot of fun!

ThatGuy, good **** in singles, I have no idea what to do against Diddy, though randomly trying Wolf worked out pretty well *note to self, learn to play Wolf* Be ready for furry battles next time! Oh also, when I upload the vids, what do you want your tag to be? ThatGuy? Blanka?
Oh almost forgot, J-pop sucks :p

Waffle, good stuff in teams, chill out about Falco though. Yeah he's gay but when there's money on the line, people play to win, you can't blame them for that. Just pick a character with a good crawl or hide behind a sandbag :p

Thunderhorse, sandbag, that is all. See you at HERB2, let's show them how MD/VA *****.

Bandit, we finally meet in battle. GGs, especially match 2, that **** was amazing.

Everyone else, good ****, thanks for coming.
Blanka, porfavor. :3

Yeah, the no Diddy exp thing did affect the battle some, but I'll still bring it next time. >:3

VanillaWaffle

Smash Apprentice
great tourney catplate, HAHA YEAH I WENT THERE. ill win next time, i'll just have to find a way to out gay the infinitely gay character that is falco. anyways see you guys at the next one hopefully.

ps - caesar let me know when you get those tourney vids up, i wanna watch that final teams match ending over and over again.

TheTantalus

Smash Hero
great tourney catplate, HAHA YEAH I WENT THERE. ill win next time, i'll just have to find a way to out gay the infinitely gay character that is falco. anyways see you guys at the next one hopefully.

ps - caesar let me know when you get those tourney vids up, i wanna watch that final teams match ending over and over again.
They already have it, its called metaknight

the only negative to it is that you have to sulk in misery about it later, and it repeats over and over in your head that you really didn't accomplish anything by winning with metaknight except get your name higher on the finishing order

I should've went non-mk characters against Sin all 3 games to try and distinguish myself, darn it

Like there are certain times when MK is acceptable, i.e. VS IC's

but when i was in losers, I used Dedede/Kirby against Mr. E, and Fox and MK against Sin

Looks like I shoulda went rob

Top Bottom