• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dat Dtilt

Tesh

Smash Hero
Thats just SDI. He wasn't on the ground when he got hit and he was probably still mashing down on his cstick. Happens often enough on MK's ftilt.

infomon

Smash Scientist
Wow.... that looks really weird.

I didn't know you could SDI yourself into a ground-hit from a move that normally sends you much more... upward...

Wait can normal *SDI* allow you to collide with the ground? Or is it normal DI? I mean I could imagine Dtilt hitting at a low enough angle that some reeeally lousy DI could get you to hit the ground lol.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
havent you guys ever seen the video where jigglypuff double stick SDIs and hits the ground and doesnt go anywhere from lucas's up smash at like 80%?

Tesh

Smash Hero
Yup, pretty much that, regardless of trajectory, if you DI hard enough, you can collide with nearby walls/floors/ceilings and bounce/tech/fall.

Trillion

Smash Ace
That's a pretty interesting find Xinshot and thanks for sharing it.

I think I have to agree with the others above me. I think it must have been some freak DI incident to cause that.

I have some similar incidents as well. I have several videos where I spike my opponent using dash attack lol.

Tenki

Smash Hero
Yup, pretty much that, regardless of trajectory, if you DI hard enough, you can collide with nearby walls/floors/ceilings and bounce/tech/fall.
Oh, and you have to be in midair too, at least from the "god DI" business (You can't SDI downwards from a ground state)

Also, similar but kind of interesting:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=heEflKvN6ts

here: Downwards DI in midair works better than it does on the ground.

For some of the more horizontally-launching attacks, it can mean that it lets you hit the ground and either bounce (COMPLETE hitstun cancel, as shown in the video), or tech.

Tesh

Smash Hero
You gotta be ****ing kidding me. How did I never see that before? That could be useful in some situations I think.

B.A.M.

Smash Lord
NNID
Bambatta
lol its obvious is DI. Guy was probably smashing down after dair to get back faster ( or so he thought). In any case we do have a jab lock with tipper dtilt at around 80 - 90% for the majority of characters provided they dont tech. Which happens more than you think.

da K.I.D.

Smash Hero
thanks for reminding me about that, Im going to see if I can implement that in to my game

do you know of any times where you are more likely to get the tip hit than the center hit?

Top Bottom