• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus for Brawl+: Now with less brokeness [July 8th Update]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Katy Parry

The Only Zelda in Indiana
NNID
justysuxx
Awesome video! :D <3

Anyway, I really want you to try and code a Dark Zero Suit Samus.

IMO, and feedback here guys, If DZSS was faster, her moves should be weaker, like Sheik's, or play like Sonic; she moves fast, but her attacks are slow.

If she is slower, she could be a ****ing powerhouse. I'd say along the lines of Link or Snake.

I think her B move should freeze, and if possible, could the time charged affect how long the enemy is frozen?

Of course, I'd get someone to make the effects aka coloration of the special moves to a blueish tint. :)

I have 2 idea's for her side B:

(SLOW DZSS) I think her Side B should be like the Warlock Punch. VERY SLOW (only on ground? is that possible), but if the sweetspot hits, and always would, a nice 30% damage would be reasonable, don't you think?

OR

(FAST DZSS) I think the sweetspot should "en-ground" the foe, like DK's side B.

UPB: Should shoot the enemy straight up, not down.

vB: Ugh. I'm not sure on this one, except it should be WAY more powerful, not in damage, but in knock back, and of course, have a phazon effect. :)

Agreed/Dis?

Keep in mind, if someone could teach me, I'd do all of this myself.

CAN ANYONE EDIT THE CODE to where DS is on the CSS? That way I could have Samus vs. Dark Samus. Come on. It's meant to BE!
I think her side be should

ketchup799

Smash Rookie
3DS FC
1778-9907-5254
dark zero suit samus? sounds a bit weird imo. i never really played the metroid games, but i dont think thats an actual character. dark samus is one of the bosses. it's an interesting idea but seems like if u continue this u'd be making a "dark" version of every character.

oh and i don't think theres a way to be able to have samus and dark samus. i heard theres a clone engine in the works that would allow for it. but i think 7(?) characters max iirc

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Well, it would be odd for Normal Samus to pop out of Dark Samus after the switch in battle, you know what I mean?

leafgreen386

Dirty camper
Wait, you are saying that I can't argue that a move with no hitstun and no hitbox can't be useful? ITS FREAKING EMPTY LAG. The mindgames are minimal. People will learn of the move in short order, and then its just an empty animation.

He said that dark samus was also about traps, and slow flying projectiles that home excellently could be part of that. You could fire a bunch of the slow ones before they reach your opponent, setting up a wall between you, and keep spreading the wall while firing power shots and ice missiles through to add to the projectile game.

I'm not arguing that Dark Samus should be as original as possible.
You're saying that being able to cancel an animation once it's begun but before the hitbox comes out isn't useful? Being able to fake out an opponent into thinking you were attacking and then taking advantage of their response isn't useful? It's the same premise as an empty short hop - a baiting tool.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
The issue is digging through ALL OF THAT CODE for the Samus-only codes. Good luck, lol.

Shinyspoon, you're pretty wrong. People would, yes, know of the feint. But if it was used sparingly enough, the ice missiles could condition them to a response that would easily be taken advantage of by a feint, especially one that was almost completely IASA frames.

Though, I still think it's altogether better if the ID was in general changed so that only smash/ice missiles came out. It's pretty annoying to give up aerial control just to fire the correct missile. I don't even know how B-sticking Samus' missiles does.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
You're saying that being able to cancel an animation once it's begun but before the hitbox comes out isn't useful? Being able to fake out an opponent into thinking you were attacking and then taking advantage of their response isn't useful? It's the same premise as an empty short hop - a baiting tool.
I LOVE YOU. You WILL have my children.

Now that I'm married, back to discussion.

Yes, I'm sorry. I didn't intend for that to be that drawn out. But a lot of people agree, a feint missile would be useful! :D Please, think about it. It's like how you gave her the cancel-able nair landing lag.

Please, please take it into consideration.

And I'm sorry for dragging out DZSS.

To the guy above, however, just because there isn't a Dark Zamus, doesn't mean there shouldn't be one...it would NOT make sense for the real zamus to come out of Dark Samus. I mean, come on...

And the reason I talk about DZamus here is because they are basically one character, in a way.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
No. The person playing Dark Samus will be smart enough not to transform into ZSS during the match. Dark Samus is a being of pure phazon inhabiting a form similar to Samus' Varia Suit. She has nothing 'beneath her'. And as far as I know, there isn't a single character in Smash that is based off of something that doesn't exist. You can do it if you want, but Jiang has made it clear he doesn't want it in his topic about his character.

A feint missile would be useful, but infinitely better would be the ability to fine tune your aerial control and still shoot ice missiles. Which I think is the direction he's going with it.

FrozenHobo

Smash Hero
he has an idea about what he wants to do, just let him do it. if an existing attack is too strong/weak then tell him that, not give him your ideas for new attacks.

and even if you made a DZSS, it would never be accepted by the WBR/be implemented into B+ in anyway. if you want to make her yourself, then go right ahead, but thats not what THIS project is about.

Katy Parry

NNID
justysuxx
Whoa, people. Stop freaking attacking me. I apologized. Sheesh.

Fine, I'll just go, I guess my feedback certainly isn't as important as yours.

And now, someone will make a sarcastic comment about how stupid I am or something, it doesn't matter. I don't care. Ugh.

Last thing I'll say: Great character.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
No. The person playing Dark Samus will be smart enough not to transform into ZSS during the match. Dark Samus is a being of pure phazon inhabiting a form similar to Samus' Varia Suit. She has nothing 'beneath her'. And as far as I know, there isn't a single character in Smash that is based off of something that doesn't exist. You can do it if you want, but Jiang has made it clear he doesn't want it in his topic about his character.

A feint missile would be useful, but infinitely better would be the ability to fine tune your aerial control and still shoot ice missiles. Which I think is the direction he's going with it.
Hmm... Is there a way to make it possible to cancel a missile midfire by pressing B again? That way you can keep the regular missile (or turn it into an ice missile) while still being able to feint.

PKNintendo

Smash Master
Yeah, I'm not playing as DS aren't I.
-_-

Umm are you going to update it with the new nightly set.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
All the codes for all the different characters are mixed up in the frame speed modifiers, knockback modifiers, etc. It's really difficult to dig through all of that for just the codes that make up Samus. Besides, this character isn't really finished; if you're playing with this .gct, it's basically just to playtest an incomplete character. I agree it'd be cool to have, but it's a chore to dig through that. At least, that's how I understand it.

Whoa, people. Stop freaking attacking me. I apologized. Sheesh.

Fine, I'll just go, I guess my feedback certainly isn't as important as yours.

And now, someone will make a sarcastic comment about how stupid I am or something, it doesn't matter. I don't care. Ugh.
I don't think anyone was attacking you, just voicing dislike for your idea and asking that you not do it in this thread. The more feedback for Dark Samus, the better. Chill, dude. No one's attacking you.

On a separate note, I think a changelist from Samus to DS would be greatly appreciated with the next update.

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
All the codes for all the different characters are mixed up in the frame speed modifiers, knockback modifiers, etc. It's really difficult to dig through all of that for just the codes that make up Samus. Besides, this character isn't really finished; if you're playing with this .gct, it's basically just to playtest an incomplete character. I agree it'd be cool to have, but it's a chore to dig through that. At least, that's how I understand it.

I don't think anyone was attacking you, just voicing dislike for your idea and asking that you not do it in this thread. The more feedback for Dark Samus, the better. Chill, dude. No one's attacking you.

On a separate note, I think a changelist from Samus to DS would be greatly appreciated with the next update.
Oh ok. Well, I hafta admit, it was hard to get the codes for Roy after digging through them, but I did it. I tried for DS/Doc Mario but it didnt work. Anyway, so its a matter of not being abe to, ok. But doesnt the creator have them on hand so he/she can fix them..? Good point about it being a sort of test drive. I just want to try her with my Dark Samus model hack.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
I've already tried the Samus model hack with the texture and moveset. I need to record it though. .-. You do see a glimpse of her in my recording of the glitches on training mode.

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
Huh. I guess this was all relatively futile. We can now radically alter DS' moveset with Plan Zero.

So...Uh. Jiang. What are you planning on now? I think DS still has more chance more than most characters due to her being easily based off of Samus. Though now we can make her moves more faithful to the game, and still have a new Metroid and villain rep.

Jiangjunizzy

Smash Lord
Huh. I guess this was all relatively futile. We can now radically alter DS' moveset with Plan Zero.

So...Uh. Jiang. What are you planning on now? I think DS still has more chance more than most characters due to her being easily based off of Samus. Though now we can make her moves more faithful to the game, and still have a new Metroid and villain rep.
yup. my work has been thrown out the window. that is fine though, seeing 'phoenix mario' i can see that i can basically do.. anything. so i'm going to.

first off, i'm going to get rid of her running animation, and make it so she only floats :bee:

colored blind

Smash Journeyman
You're my hero, lol.

And now, things like the stream of uncharged-type shots is possible, if given some sort of thing like Shiek's needles to store the number of charged shots. I'm interested in seeing what you come up with. You're only limited by what's in the game and by her animations, basically.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
yup. my work has been thrown out the window. that is fine though, seeing 'phoenix mario' i can see that i can basically do.. anything. so i'm going to.
And in the meantime, we can just enjoy what you had done beforehand. ^^

Now that Plan Zero is truly on the way, I plan to make a Lucario edit to make his moveset fit an OC of mine. I've been wanting to do this for over a year now, and now I might finally get the chance.

Roy-G-Biv

Smash Journeyman

first off, i'm going to get rid of her running animation, and make it so she only floats :bee:
Floating animations?
I don't think Samus has any of those.

Unless you use an animation in a really hacky situation.

And Plan Zero doesn't allow you to use any effects that doesn't belong to the character.
Like Mario. He can only use Fire effects. No Ice effects and whatnot.

leafbarrett

Smash Lord
Floating animations?
I don't think Samus has any of those.

Unless you use an animation in a really hacky situation.

And Plan Zero doesn't allow you to use any effects that doesn't belong to the character.
Like Mario. He can only use Fire effects. No Ice effects and whatnot.
There are other ways to change the move effects, though. How do you think he got Ice Missiles in the first place?

...Speaking of which, can you teach me how to change move effects like that, Jiang? :3

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
I agree, phoenix mario was epic. GOD Im like all jittery like hyped up because of this, and it seems like this will live up to its potential. it seems easy to use, of course the only bug being he cant FS :( otherwise it was perfect. *awaits release*

as for the floating animatio, just use the animation with her dash attack. gets the job done.

rocklee10

Smash Journeyman
How do you use Dark samus in Brawl+? If the Brawl+ codes are named RSBE01.gct and you can't have two files of the same name?

Oni K4ge

Smash Lord
How do you use Dark samus in Brawl+? If the Brawl+ codes are named RSBE01.gct and you can't have two files of the same name?
Exactly. Finding the codes for her out of all the others is hard. but id think the creater ould have a txt file with just those codes...

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom