• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Phaaze. I am a mercenary of the Dark Hunter. Hel
No offence, but Dark Samus will be better as a alt
OK, first of all, Samus and Dark Samus may look similar, but if you have played the Metroid Prime series, you can see they are quite different. Let's see... OK, Samus has weapons such as missles, charge beams, bombs, and whatnot, correct? Dark Samus is made up completely of Phazon, and has attacks featured in the game such as levitating, corrupting hunters with Phazon, shooting crude Phazon from the Phazon he consumes, is able to divide up into different forms of herself, take over other hunters, and is very quick and hard to hit, as seen in boss fights. He can become invisible and can create huge masses of phazon and heave them at opponents, resulting in heavy damage. And as you would guess by the title, Dark Samus was once Metroid Prime, which could serve as a whole other movest altogether. So, Samus having Dark Samus as an alternate wouldn't be correct with the personal moveset each of them have. If you want a more detailed explanation, check out this link: http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Samus

Was that enough to change your thoughts about Dark Samus?

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
OK, I'm done.

Phaaze:
This is a scrolling/changing stage. Since their are so many caverns, I will make as many phaazes (get it? LOL) of this stage as possible.

Phase 1: Landing Site
OK, you start out at the landing area of Phaaze, with the ship on a platform up in the background. Those jellyfishy floating things with the tenticles are here, and the tops of them are safe, but the tenticles deal 5% damage every time you touch them. THe terrain is hilly here with the lumps with holes in them on both sides of the screen.

Phase 2: Drop Shaft
The ground crumbles beneath the fighters and they plummet down the long tunnel full of beasties that was featured once or twice on Phaaze. There is no KOing in this part of the stage; just aerial attacks to deal some damage on the way down. On the walls are a few of those nameless monsters that snatch you and try to eat you, but they don't do anything... yet.

Phase 3: The Tunnel
This is an area also in Phaaze that housed some of the Phazon crystals and Phazon Hoppers. When you land, the stage will slowly scroll to the right, with some holes in the ground. Those lumpy Phazon Crystal things with the eyes, if that's what they're called, lie around in some areas and platforms. At some moments they are safe and able to walk on, but they push out spikes from their bodies at moments, making them dangerous obstacles that cause 15% damage and are like bumpers, actually. The tunnel then starts to cave in and only the sides are available to KO someone. This section is littered with tendrils protruding from the ceiling and floor, making it almost impossible to jump and move fast. Luckily though, it slows down greatly, but it speeds up at the end, so make sure to catch up. Moving on, the stage starts to slope downhill and can be an instant KO if pushed to the bottom too fast. At the end of the tunnel, there is the Phazon Hopper nests spawning some little Phazon Hoppers. The nests are safe, but the hoppers will lunge at you, dealing out 10% damage each hit. They are all destructable objects. And at last, the scrolling ends, leaving the rest of this section pure fighting.

Phase 4: Hatcher Shaft
Once again, the ground crumbles and you fall straight down into another shaft. But luckily, the Hoppers don't have to go through it, because they explode for no reason before they fall! The fall is pretty much the same as the first, except for one thing: those butt-ugly monsters in the shafts before grab each player, one for each player, and try to eet ur fases LOL. Constantly attack them with smashes or quick regular ones, or else they chomp ya and deal an instant KO. Those who make it are let loos by the thingie and continue falling. This is the time to use aerial attacks.

Phase 5: Genesis Chamber
This is the area where you fight Dark Samus, but since he WILL be a PC, he is not here. After landing, this is just as flat as Battlefield. Only two lone platforms are floating here, which disintegrate after being used to much, and reform later. A few Phazon Metroids are floating around in the background, but don't hurt you.

Phase 6: AU Chamber
Skipping the shaft, the ground crumbles yet again to reval a new phase. This is the final boss fight, where the famous Aurora Unit, 313, is housed. It floats around in the background, firing only once while in this phase, which deals an instant KO. There is only one platform here, with flat terrain. The area is surrounded by a trench of Phazon, so as you would guess, this area is very small AND dangerous. After a while, the AU is continuously hit with a beam of Phazon from offscreen. It trembles and thrashes around violently, and then explodes, having the players fly up to the top of Phaaze again. If you play through the stage again though, the AU is still there.

Well, this stage is very unlikely to appear in Brawl, but it's just an idea. Tell me what you think, people.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
I drew a pic of Dark Samus, but I don't have Photo Shop, so it won't look very good. I kind of meesed up the outline of him and made them kind of fat. The outlines, that is. This is the picture I based it on.

I changed the feet though, because I thought his boots looked better. I'll put it up soon.

KraidGuy

Smash Ace
Why didn't you read my post AND the first post? I'll just quote it...
OK, first of all, Samus and Dark Samus may look similar, but if you have played the Metroid Prime series, you can see they are quite different. Let's see... OK, Samus has weapons such as missles, charge beams, bombs, and whatnot, correct? Dark Samus is made up completely of Phazon, and has attacks featured in the game such as levitating, corrupting hunters with Phazon, shooting crude Phazon from the Phazon he consumes, is able to divide up into different forms of herself, take over other hunters, and is very quick and hard to hit, as seen in boss fights. He can become invisible and can create huge masses of phazon and heave them at opponents, resulting in heavy damage. And as you would guess by the title, Dark Samus was once Metroid Prime, which could serve as a whole other movest altogether. So, Samus having Dark Samus as an alternate wouldn't be correct with the personal moveset each of them have. If you want a more detailed explanation, check out this link: http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Dark_Samus

Was that enough to change your thoughts about Dark Samus?
Do you understand? Dark Link and Link were really all the same. All Dark Link did was mirrror Link's moves, so he would fit as an alternate.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dark Samus, maybe.

Do you really think it would fit better as another costume?
Like Link has Dark Link?

You have it set up pretty good so I'll keep my eye on it.
Good job.
Seriouslyhave u PLAYED metroid prime 2-3? Dark samus is as similair to samus as wario is to mario, shes completely diferent, and at the EforAll there was no dark samus alt.

Soluble Toast

Smash Ace
NNID
solubletoast
3DS FC
2165-6410-7964
I must say, Before I played Corruption I wasn't bothered if Dark Samus made it or not, but after just seeing Dark Samus for the first time (I haven't played Prime 2 =[ ) , within 5 seconds I thought " D: Wow"

Dark Samus FTB!

Patinator

Smash Champion
I support Dark Samus, despite not encountering it in my first MP game, Prime 3, yet (I'm stuck... So early, too.), and thus not knowing much about it. In fact, Dark Samus is in my ever-changing top five characters for Brawl! :D

But what worries me is that the Japanese don't like the Prime series for some reason. We can tell Sakurai doesn't, or at least he sounds uninterested (To me, at least), because he gave one line of intro for the Frigate Orpheon stage. And a rather... Boring line at that.

But that's just about Dark Samus' only problem. It's (Gender please?) gonna be in at least as a Sticker or Trophy!

Why do I have the feeling someone's said this before? :p

shadenexus18

Smash Master
NNID
ForteEXE1986
I drew a pic of Dark Samus, but I don't have Photo Shop, so it won't look very good. I kind of meesed up the outline of him and made them kind of fat. The outlines, that is. This is the picture I based it on.

I changed the feet though, because I thought his boots looked better. I'll put it up soon.
Alright Kraid Guy, can't wait to see it.

Dark Samus 4 New Years update! That and her final smash better not be that Aurora Unit thing. That thing would scare the children.

Edit: Hey guys, you can put my Dark Samus signature on the first page if you like.

^^This signature's design is beyond awesomeness is it not?

Top Bottom