• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

super ginger kid

Smash Apprentice
The remnents of planet Phaaze or that carboard box
it doesnt seem like they would put dark samus as a costume alt. because metroid needs more representatives, and seeing as samus as costume alts. from metroid prime, than there is a very good chance for dark samus to be in ssbb, even though they think dark samus wont be in because the most logical choice for a villain would be ridley, but if i recall right, kirby has to villains in ssbb(mk and king dedede)so that makes dark samus very possible to be a playable character, if not a sse boss. in conclusion dark looks like a very good choice to be in smash because he could even have a unique move set of his, because he is not just a clone of samus, he uses his own weapons and such in the metroid prime games, and kinda the main villain in them.
so what ya think?

Hunter Ing

Smash Rookie
ya..

yaya great thread, Dark Samus for Brawl and Ridley for Brawl, If one of them dont make it in brawl (which would suck) at least one of them will stay.

But you have to admit that there will be one character (Apart from "He who shall not be named") that would be much better than DS in brawl...

Yes it is...

: KUNG FU PIRATE!!

But how about her getting a sideways shinespark as a move that is kind of like a mix between Fox's illusion and Falco's shine?

i don't see you're reasoning there...

in the off-chance that Ridley ends up being used as a non-playable boss, i'd say the Dark Samus would still have a great chance at being playable. Sakurai is assured to add at LEAST 1 more metroid rep, and if Ridley didn't fill that spot i'd say Dark Samus would be a shoe-in.

but this is all a moot point, anyway....i don't doubt Ridley's appearnce at all. in fact, i wouldn't be surprised if he is playable AND a SSE boss.
Well it's kind of like the Samurai Goroh thing. Since he was the most likely new character from F-Zero but was instead put in as an Assist Trophy, that makes it unlikely that any new character from F-Zero would show up.

Ridley is the most likely candidate, so in the highly unlikely chance that he doesn't make it, everyone else has a pretty crappy chance. But don't get me wrong here. I'm part of the Mercenaries of the Dark Hunter and I came up with an entire moveset for Dark Samus in the first post, of course I want Dark Samus in badly.

Pengie

Smash Lord
I got this idea after seeing all of these "Dark" costumes in today's update.

What if in the SSE Dark Samus is going around and corrupting all of the characters which would transform them into their dark costumes?Then you as Samus have to defeat them as mini-bosses to take away the corruption leading up to a final Boss battle with Dark Samus.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace

What if in the SSE Dark Samus is going around and corrupting all of the characters which would transform them into their dark costumes?Then you as Samus have to defeat them as mini-bosses to take away the corruption leading up to a final Boss battle with Dark Samus.
That would be an epic unlock for Dark Samus. He did that with Grandrayda, Randus(the ice guy) and the other 2 guys. It's highly possible Dark Samus is a boss unlockable.

super ginger kid

Smash Apprentice
The remnents of planet Phaaze or that carboard box

i like that idea, its possible i guess

Darkurai

Smash Master

The idea has merit, but in MP3, Dark Samus never really turned them into a "dark" form, just took over their minds.

Sure. Be amazed, you're the second Space Pirate.
Cool

Shuma

Smash Hero
" Goroh thing. Since he was the most likely new character from F-Zero

Nope, fans thoug he was the most likely, the fans made that based on no real facts other than he's Falcon's rival, still. Let's use the always simple Mario bowser equation, let's just add Wario:

Mario=Bowser/Wario=Rival
Falcon=Bull****/Goroh=Rival
Samus=Ridley/Dark Sammy=Rival

Darkurai

Smash Master
I have a possible response to a counter-argument. I don't know if it's good enough.

While I was talking to my friend on AIM, he brought up how Metroid Prime isn't really as popular in Japan as it is in the Americas and Europe. I remember hearing this elsewhere on the internet, so it's not entirely baseless (although I'm not sure if this can be verified). Since this could be used as a counter-argument, it needs a response:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a worldwide phenomenon. Sakurai knows this. He's expressed that he's not going to put too much emphasis on Japan-only characters because the rest of the world doesn't know them. Since this is a game for the whole world, why would he deny Dark Samus a spot on the roster because Metroid Prime isn't popular in Japan when it's insanely popular everywhere else?

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
I have a possible response to a counter-argument. I don't know if it's good enough.

While I was talking to my friend on AIM, he brought up how Metroid Prime isn't really as popular in Japan as it is in the Americas and Europe. I remember hearing this elsewhere on the internet, so it's not entirely baseless (although I'm not sure if this can be verified). Since this could be used as a counter-argument, it needs a response:

Super Smash Bros. Brawl is a worldwide phenomenon. Sakurai knows this. He's expressed that he's not going to put too much emphasis on Japan-only characters because the rest of the world doesn't know them. Since this is a game for the whole world, why would he deny Dark Samus a spot on the roster because Metroid Prime isn't popular in Japan when it's insanely popular everywhere else?
He's probably seen it on a post on this forum somewhere. I feel it's just made up to support some stupid arguement. I can't believe it without proof.

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
Wu, can you update the 1st page, add darkurai
and me..like how u on ur name{s}

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
He's probably seen it on a post on this forum somewhere. I feel it's just made up to support some stupid arguement. I can't believe it without proof.
I believe it simply because Metroid Prime is very similar to another certain series that is not liked at all in Japan (starts with an "H" and ends in "alo"). Both deal with stopping alien races and exploring huge worlds in the single player game, and while Metroid is a much better single player game, they really are of the same style. The main difference is Metroid is more based on exploration with some combat and Halo is combat with some exploration.

But I agree with the original point, I doubt Sakurai would leave out a character simply because they are unpopular ONLY in Japan, and extremely popular worldwide. Especially in a franchise as underrepresented as Metroid.

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
I believe it simply because Metroid Prime is very similar to another certain series that is not liked at all in Japan (starts with an "H" and ends in "alo"). Both deal with stopping alien races and exploring huge worlds in the single player game, and while Metroid is a much better single player game, they really are of the same style. The main difference is Metroid is more based on exploration with some combat and Halo is combat with some exploration.

But I agree with the original point, I doubt Sakurai would leave out a character simply because they are unpopular ONLY in Japan, and extremely popular worldwide. Especially in a franchise as underrepresented as Metroid.
bet JP hates MP3.....because the don't have it yet. :laugh:

dynamic_entry

Smash Ace

don't. don't do that.

comparing metroid to halo is dumb and shallow.

oh and sakurai? don't put Dark Samus in brawl.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I wonder what it is that makes the Metroid Prime series unpopular in Japan. Maybe it's something about Japan itself.
It's looked at as a general FPS game, and FPS is far less popular in Japan than places like the US (where even a crappy FPS game sells like crazy, and a decent one is given a 10/10...)

First post also needs edited, first paragraph under Chronology:

Metroid Prime, is the very It had featured the final boss, known as Metroid Prime(Dark Samus' first form)! Samus had (of course) defeated it. Metroid
Prime following its defeat on Tallon IV, Metroid Prime sucks off the outer layer of Phazon which made Samus's Phazon Suit.

don't. don't do that.

comparing metroid to halo is dumb and shallow.

oh and sakurai? don't put Dark Samus in brawl.
To claim the two games don't fit in the same genre is also stupid. That was the point I was making.

And someone doesn't seem to like Metroid very much...

True Fool

Smash Ace
Japan has never been very big on FPS, even cool ones like MP3. I would really like Dark Samus as a character though. Metroid deserves more reps.

Pyr0

Smash Ace
Japan has never been very big on FPS, even cool ones like MP3. I would really like Dark Samus as a character though. Metroid deserves more reps.
*agrees*

Japan is all about Strategy games, fighting games and weird ones (like DDR even tho it owns its weird).

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
because Ridley is enough.

edit: i dont hate metroid. i love metroid.

you call me a gay troll, and im the rude one?
Someone didn't read the arguements section.

Argument: Ridley is a much better choice for Brawl.

Rebuttal: So the ever popular Metroid series deserves only 2 Representatives? Dark Samus is not competing for a spot with Ridley, but would rather be another Metroid rep in addition to the popular Space Pirate General. In the event that Ridley and Dark Samus are added to Brawl, Metroid would still only have 3 characters fighting under the series banner, which is on par or less than the Kirby, Pokemon, Zelda, and Mario series.

Argument: We don't need two villains from the same franchise.

Rebuttal: Why not? Metroid is uncommonly lacking in the protagonist department, so it's not unrepresentative of the franchise to have more villains than heroes in Brawl. And regardless, two of Kirby's rivals/nemesis have made it into Brawl, so Sakurai is obviously willing to tip the balance towards the bad guys.

I'm saying Trolling in general(like the kind you're doing) is gay.

Stryks

Smash Hero
because Ridley is enough.

edit: i dont hate metroid. i love metroid.

you call me a gay troll, and im the rude one?
Yeah sakurai said he wanted to better represent the metroid series for a reason... a transformation and one more character is SO better reping a series...

Pengie

Smash Lord
Japan is a really weird place. For proof Japan is the only place where Tingle is popular as opposed to the rest of the world where he is seen as the gayest video game character ever.

I agree that Metroid does desreve more reps. because it is one of Ninty's best selling series. One reason for the lack of representation may be due to the fact that there are very few important charactars other than Samus, Ridley, and Dark Samus.

Top Bottom