• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

crotch protector

Smash Apprentice
why ain't they high? cuz u said so? were Ice climbers chances o returning very high?
were PT chances high?

Think before you post :mad:
so, you're saying they are high?

why can't ratizi post his beliefs about dark samus' chances without this thread trying to force their own beliefs on him?

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
so, you're saying they are high?

why can't ratizi post his beliefs about dark samus' chances without this thread trying to force their own beliefs on him?
Everybody please,
Think before you post :mad:

Fixed,
i wasn't pointing it towards him, but to everyone.
and i apologize, i felt like he was just saying this to mock us.
This thread fails :p

lol, jk

but seriously, I dont think Dark Samus's chances are high... at all... ever...
So i'm sorry, it is just my opinion, but why do haters come HERE to post ****?
Its like a big F.U. to us to shoot down our beliefs, in our faces.
We haven't talked **** about other characters, cept roy,
and people come here just to say, SHE AIN'T GONNA B A PC! like ther're all knowing.

Mikel I support Dark Samus but don't ever ****ing use Retro characters in a comparison again. They get in based off of TOTALLY different criteria than well... non Retro's.

Shuma

Smash Hero
What kind of Stupid argument is this?

"Ridley is a better rep, so it we MUST have only 2 metroid reps"

Excuse me, but WTF?

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
Mikel I support Dark Samus but don't ever ****ing use Retro characters in a comparison again. They get in based off of TOTALLY different criteria than well... non Retro's.
I apologize, i need to think before i post as well..
Because, we need all the support we can get. We're trying to convert him into a member. We're pretty low right now, and are accepting all members.
Dark Samus for Brawl!
dark samus would be perfect for brawl since we only have 1 current metroid character and if ridley is in that still would only make 2

kirby for example had only one character in melee, and now brawl currently has 3 kirby characters

plus Dark samus is COOOOL!
Thank you! More metroid reps is better :chuckle:
What kind of Stupid argument is this?

"Ridley is a better rep, so it we MUST have only 2 metroid reps"

Excuse me, but WTF?
Just more people not thinking before they post. Who said less reps is better??

AND TO EVERYONE, HAPPY THANKSGIVING! :hunger:

geemann2236

Smash Journeyman
Support, Dark Samus, along with Ridley, would be a great addition to Brawl. I believe that Ridley should be chosen before Dark Samus, but if Metroid gets three reps, DS should be the third.

bballstar23

Smash Ace
Switch FC
SW-2383-6686-1312
I would like Dark Samus to make it, but Sakurai isn't a big fan of the Metroid Prime series. He believes it's been too "Americanized" after being outsourced to Retro Studios and turned into an FPS, which he doesn't approve of. That's why Samus still uses her old outfit, and old stages are favored over the areas in the Prime games. I also don't think Prime is very popular in Japan.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I would like Dark Samus to make it, but Sakurai isn't a big fan of the Metroid Prime series. He believes it's been too "Americanized" after being outsourced to Retro Studios and turned into an FPS, which he doesn't approve of. That's why Samus still uses her old outfit, and old stages are favored over the areas in the Prime games. I also don't think Prime is very popular in Japan.
Well, even though he is making the game it is made based on what the fans want, not his own personal list of characters. This doesn't mean any character with a decent amount of support gets in, it just means he has to look at the entire market of consumers that are going to buy/be interested in Brawl and decide what they want.

I haven't seen how Sakurai feels about the Prime series, but the general opinion of the game from Japan is not exactly positive, and the series is not popular there. However, it is very popular everywhere else in the world. It wouldn't make much sense to totally leave out such a major part of the Metroid franchise just because it's not popular in his own country.

While he has added suits from the Prime series as alts, that doesn't really cover the three game series as a whole. Sure, if he only wanted to give Metroid two full reps, Samus and Ridley are fine as they portray the Metroid franchise as a whole, but if he does plan to give credit to Prime for it's worldwide popularity (minus Japan) and the fact it revived the Metroid franchise after about a decade, Dark Samus is the best choice as a third rep.

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
R.I.D.L.E.Y's amount.
We gonna have generations, too??

But, there are also some moves that continue charging even after you release the button... Huh???

DK’s Standard Special Move: Giant Punch

Samus’s Standard Special Move: Charge Shot

...among others.
Does anybody else think this update supports
Mewtwo, Dark Samus, Ridley, and maybe Geno as PC? Seeing how there B neutral's
will appear to be chargeable :chuckle:

Darkurai

Smash Master
As much as I'd like evidence of Dark Samus' inclusion, I really don't think today's update has anything to do with her.

I know we all want Dark Samus in Brawl, but let's not start misinterpreting the updates.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Dark samus will probably be a boss or as a color changes
..I didn't know people this ignorant existed. Time to copypasta.

Argument: Dark Samus would be better suited as an alternate costume for Samus.

Rebuttal: The Brawl demo at E for All confirmed that a Dark Samus color scheme is not part of Samus's wardrobe. If Dark Samus was to be left out of Brawl, it makes sense that she would have at least been recognized in this fashion. The fact that she is not heavily points to Sakurai having other intentions for the character.

Argument: Dark Samus cannot be in Brawl, as she would simply be a Samus Clone.

Rebuttal: You must not have played the games she was in, or paid little attention during them. She has a wide arsenal of unique Phazon-based moves to choose from, in addition to a healthy selection of shared moves that Samus Aran does not use in the Smash series. Multiple unique Dark Samus movesets can be found at the official thread at Smash World Forums. (see external links)

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
As much as I'd like evidence of Dark Samus' inclusion, I really don't think today's update has anything to do with her.

I know we all want Dark Samus in Brawl, but let's not start misinterpreting the updates.
I'm just curious when he said "....Among others..". Mewtwo is almost a shoo-in to be an other
and Dark Samus will most likely have a chargeable B move as well.
Dark samus will probably be a boss or as a color changes
DO ANY ARGUERS EVEN READ THE 1ST POST???!!! :mad:
..I didn't know people this ignorant existed. Time to copypasta.

Argument: Dark Samus would be better suited as an alternate costume for Samus.

Rebuttal: The Brawl demo at E for All confirmed that a Dark Samus color scheme is not part of Samus's wardrobe. If Dark Samus was to be left out of Brawl, it makes sense that she would have at least been recognized in this fashion. The fact that she is not heavily points to Sakurai having other intentions for the character.

Argument: Dark Samus cannot be in Brawl, as she would simply be a Samus Clone.

Rebuttal: You must not have played the games she was in, or paid little attention during them. She has a wide arsenal of unique Phazon-based moves to choose from, in addition to a healthy selection of shared moves that Samus Aran does not use in the Smash series. Multiple unique Dark Samus movesets can be found at the official thread at Smash World Forums. (see external links)

These arguments are awesome, its obvious if people saw these, they'd agree with us now.
On a side note, can you add the red M to the members section in the 1st post?
And, if its possible, add the moveset i provided a while ago.. I'll quote it here:

i believe a moveset combining DarkSpidey's and Darkpaladin's would be awesome..

B-neutral- Phazon spray/beam: shoots a burst of phazon shots, 3-6( similar to getting hit by a fire flower, but with electricity effects ) and can be charged to fire a beam ( similar to the ray gun, but in the first smash bros) and can be saved.

B-side- Boost ball: DS curls up into her variation of Samus's morph ball and ricochets around the battlefield. Yoshi, Jigglypuff, and Sonic have similar moves,but can't leave the ground,
moves much faster, and cancels out automatically after 10 seconds, or by pushing B.

B-up- Shinespark: Dark Samus briefly hovers in the air and then dashes in a direction chosen by the player, damaging those in her path. Similar to Fox's Firefox, this also serves as DS's recovery move, but with electric after effect.

B-down- Phazon Barrier: A barrier of pure phazon radiates out from Dark Samus, deflecting projectiles and damaging those standing right next to her, sending them skywards.

Final Smash- Dark Echoes: Dark Samus uses this move during the final battle in Metroid Prime 3. She creates clones of herself to confuse and attack her enemies, and in Brawl these clones would act as CPU controlled teammates for a short period of time, giving Dark Samus three times the attack power. Additionally, Dark Samus's special moves are enhanced with "team" enhancements, like her upgraded moves when she used echoes in Corruption, basically, she would execute her moves like Ice climbers do when together.

Team moves:
B neutral: DS and 1 echo shoot in 2 directions, spinning, while other 2 are still capable of attacking, lasts 6 secs.

B side: multiple boost balls at once, like the Excitebike AT, darting around.

B up: player can point in a direction, and 1 at a time, the echoes shoot off, followed by Dark Samus. With skill, echoes can be shot in different directions, as there is 2 second waiting time before echo/DS is shot.

B down: all echoes surround DS, and bring out an enlarged barrier.

The echoes can be destroyed, but will join with Dark samus, recovering 25% for each,
after 30 secs-1 min.

Klonoa™

Smash Cadet
Well... here is my theory... and ive said it before in other threads.

The mario series has Bowser as the bad guy.

The kirby series has Meta Knight/dedede as their bad guy.

The Zelda series "had" Ganondorf as their bad guy.

etc.. etc..

To keep this balance on the character roster, they would need K.Rool for the DK series and Dark Samus for the Metroid series. Ridley is way too huge to be a playable character and would most likely be a boss character for the adventure mode anyway. Dark Samus would most likely control a lot like mewtwo. That or they toss a Space Pirate into the mix. Either way, they would fill the enemy slot.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Well... here is my theory... and ive said it before in other threads.

The mario series has Bowser as the bad guy.

The kirby series has Meta Knight/dedede as their bad guy.

The Zelda series "had" Ganondorf as their bad guy.

etc.. etc..

To keep this balance on the character roster, they would need K.Rool for the DK series and Dark Samus for the Metroid series. Ridley is way too huge to be a playable character and would most likely be a boss character for the adventure mode anyway. Dark Samus would most likely control a lot like mewtwo. That or they toss a Space Pirate into the mix. Either way, they would fill the enemy slot.
I disagree with the too huge part but really, if Ridley somehow ends up unplayable, I would be very upset if DS was not playable since that would basically be a huge lack of Metroid representation.

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
I kinda agree with u Klonoa, but nobody said Ridley's too big,many of us support him.
And take into consideration that not every series needs a villain/etc.

Pengie

Smash Lord
It would make sense to include the main villain from each series as a PC. Klonoa please don't say that Ridley is to big since they could easily resize him like they did with a lot of characters.

Also to any one else who says that DS will be a mere costume change, it has been proven by E4A that Samus does not have a DS costume. And to any one who says that she will be a boss, there are many more characters from Metroid that could be bosses like Kraid or Mother Brain. I'd also like to point out that Sakurai has never said that bosses would be unplayable. He could intend for bosses to be unlocked through boss fights. Please stop being ignorant and read the first post of this thread before you decide to shoot down the idea of Dark Samus as a character in Brawl.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Also to any one else who says that DS will be a mere costume change, it has been proven by E4A that Samus does not have a DS costume. And to any one who says that she will be a boss, there are many more characters from Metroid that could be bosses like Kraid or Mother Brain. I'd also like to point out that Sakurai has never said that bosses would be unplayable. He could intend for bosses to be unlocked through boss fights. Please stop being ignorant and read the first post of this thread before you decide to shoot down the idea of Dark Samus as a character in Brawl.
That is in the first post. XD

Also, I would actually like to see villains from most of the franchises represented in Brawl. It certainly wouldn't hurt for Metroid to have two though, since it has a lack of protagonists as well (there is Samus... the only protagonists that has a chance)..

The Red M

Smash Apprentice
Chaos blade is right. I mean the only protagonist that matters in the franchise is Samus. But the # of main antagonists are off the charts. We have Ridley, Kraid, Mother Brain, Ghor, Gandrayda (they could be considered protagonists actually), and of course our beloved Dark Samus. There are more but I wont point them out. Ridley could be resized but Dark Samus has a unique moveset. Dark Samus has the best chance in the franchise.

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
What no rundas? And VERY good point.
And I think it's and Ridley's chances are about the same... but a good point about that too.

Klonoa™

Smash Cadet
Hm.... I don't know...

I have a feeling that Ridley is going to be an adventure mode boss, and Dark Samus is going to be the equivalent to normal Samus, but with slower speed and more power, just like Mewtwo. Don't get me wrong, Im not a hater or anything, but I feel Kraid has just as much of a chance at being a playable character as Ridley, and that is not likely at all. No offense... This is a Dark Samus topic anyway.

I really don't think Nintendo would pass up the opportunity to use Ridley as an adventure mode boss character. They used Petey Parahna already, and that looks awesome. So I am sure Ridley will have all of his glory in the adventure mode showing everybody some evil Metroid rep. Otherwise, what would Samus end up doing in the adventure mode? Sakurai even explained how all the characters tie together in the end. Im sure Ridley is pulling some strings with the bad guys in the end. In fact, im sure that is how all the series will end up pulling together.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Ridley deserves the shot more, its like OBVIOUS, who ever thinks otherwise aint a true metroid fan... BUT dark samus is THE next best thing after ridley for a newcomer...

a hunter would be sick but that would be stretching it...

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
Hm.... I don't know...

I have a feeling that Ridley is going to be an adventure mode boss, and Dark Samus is going to be the equivalent to normal Samus, but with slower speed and more power, just like Mewtwo. Don't get me wrong, Im not a hater or anything, but I feel Kraid has just as much of a chance at being a playable character as Ridley, and that is not likely at all. No offense... This is a Dark Samus topic anyway.

I really don't think Nintendo would pass up the opportunity to use Ridley as an adventure mode boss character. They used Petey Parahna already, and that looks awesome. So I am sure Ridley will have all of his glory in the adventure mode showing everybody some evil Metroid rep. Otherwise, what would Samus end up doing in the adventure mode? Sakurai even explained how all the characters tie together in the end. Im sure Ridley is pulling some strings with the bad guys in the end. In fact, im sure that is how all the series will end up pulling together.
Well we're all metroid fans, none of us like what u said about him and kraid, and MB could be a boss.
but ur right, this is Dark Samus thread...
Slower speed?? I don't know about that, MAYBE floaty but slow???

Klonoa™

Smash Cadet
Woah, chill out ppl. I love Super Metroid for SNES. In fact, I think that is one of the best games of all time. Ridley is powerful and crazy. In my opinion, I feel they would actually be restricting Ridley's awesomeness if they made him a playable character. I wont argue it anymore.

Mewtwo is considered a heavy class character, and he is slow. He trades speed for power and weight. Dark Samus would have to be the same. They would both be floaty since mewtwo is floaty too. XD

Stryks

Smash Hero
They...would restrict his awesomeness... if he becomes playable... WHAT?

He can finally show what hes MADE OF if hes playable! CARNAGE DESTRUCTION AND ARMAGEDDON ARE JUST FEW OF THE THINGS RIDLEY CAN BRING IN BRAWL!!

Along with the uber awesome dark samus, these guys could rep metroid in SO many ways!

Pengie

Smash Lord
Klonoa, Ridley was one of the highest characters on Sakurai's polls, Kraid was not. Ridley has a MUCH better chance at being in Brawl. Anyway this is the Dark Samus thread if you want to argue about Ridley take it to PM since we don't want to get this thread locked by turning it into a Ridley discussion.

Klonoa I don't see how Dark Samus would be similar to Mewtwo in any way. Have you playe Prime 2 she is pretty fast in that game. So could you explain how she would trade speed for power.

Top Bottom