• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

D

Deleted member

I love Dark Samus and Rildey, but I seriously doubt we'll get another Metroid rep. Yes, I said it :p.

Most of the characters that could do well from that series are currently unknowns, dead, or would be rather strange as playables.

I can see Dark Samus as an AT that corrupts players, and Ridley as a boss.

Am I an evil person? :(

Stryks

Smash Hero
I love Dark Samus and Rildey, but I seriously doubt we'll get another Metroid rep. Yes, I said it :p.

Most of the characters that could do well from that series are currently unknowns, dead, or would be rather strange as playables.

very evil indeed:

"I want to better represent the metroid series this time around, given the raise in popularity in the last years"
- Sakurai, interview after 1st brawl trailer

yeah I bet when he meant the "better rep the series"he meant adding the already confirmed zamus as a newcomer, thats the only rep he would give... rite...

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Well after beating MP:3 on Wednsday and putting much consideration into a moveset over a turkey dinner, i have decided to make a Dark samus moveset of my owh: *DS stands for Dark Samus:psycho:, and KB for knockback and * a dark echo is a temporary clone of DS

Dark Samus moveset*further explaination put where needed

A:Jab
2-4%, low knockback, low priority

A,A combo:Dark arm*DS follows up with a arm cannon shrouded in phazon
2-6%, low-med KB, low-med priority

F-tilt:phazon claw*DS slashes at the foe with her hand shrouded in phazon
3-11%, med KB, med priority

U-tilt:phazon shards:*little shards of phazon circle above DS' head
1-12%, low-med KB, high priority

D-tilt:Crouching phazon claw
4-11%, med KB, med priority

Dash attack:phazon tackle*animation like Samus' DA, but shrouded in phazon
3-9%, med KB, med-high priority

F-smash:phazon vent*DS spereads her arms and a short but powerful blast of phazon is vented from her chest
6-15%uncharged,8-21%charged, med-high KB, med priority

U-smash:Corrupted ice spear*DS quickly scatters into litle specks of phazon, and a large(about Bowser's hight)sharp pillar of ice jets up from the ground *sweetspot (based on pillars summoned in final fight in MP3)
2-17%uncharged, 2-23%charged, low-high KB, very high priority

D-smash:Hyperball *DS spins on the floor in morph ball, emmiting electric-like bolts of phazon, last hit gives KB(similar to Pika's D-smash)(based on hyperball ability in MP3)
1-14%uncharged, 2-19%charged, low-high KB, low priority

N-air:Aerial hyperball*last hit gives KB(similar to M2's nair)
1-11%, low-med KB, low priority

F-air:Aerial phazon tackle*a shorter range version on dash attack, but she jets back after initial dash, can hit with both dashes(DS can float so it's possible :chuckle:)
3-13%, med KB, med priority

U-air:Drill kick*identical to Samus', but has little phazon sparks
1-10%, low-med KB, low-med priority

D-air:Dark echo*Half of a dark echo comes out of DS' chest and slams the foe downward with a hit from her cannon *sweetspot, spike
5-13%, med-high KB, high priority

B-air:Dark echo*Half a dark echo comes out of DS' body and smaskcs the foe with her cannon
5-11%, low-med KB, high priority

Grab: Dark echo grab *DS has a dark echo dash slightly forward(about length of grapple)to grab the foe. If succesful, the original DS dissapears andthe other DS has the foe grabbed

Grab attack: Phazon jolt
2-3%

F-throw: Echo tackle *DS throws the for forward and an echo immediatly comes out to tackle the foe
6-10%, low KB, high priority

B-throw :Slam *DS slams the foe behind her
4-7%, low-med KB

U-throw:Rapid fire*DS tosses the foe upwards and shots rapid, low power, phazon shots
3-16%, low KB

D-throw:Hyperball throw: *DS slams the foe down, and spins on them in hyperball(similar to Sonics down throw)
5-8%, low KB
specials

B: Corrupted charge shot *DS raises her arm cannon above her head, and a small bal of phazon charges there, can store and release, or let out uncharged
1%touch damage, 4-11%uncharged, 14%fully charged, low-high KB, low-high priority

Side B:Corrupted boost ball *DS rapidly shoots forward in morph ball, continues for about 3 seconds, cancel-able on ground, med priority
6-9%, med-high KB *see 1:29-1:33
HTML:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=U4Xp_gRLB8M
U-BCorrupted Shinespark(?)*DS morphs into a meteor-like ball of phazon and charges at the fore, recovery, high priority
2%touch damage, 5-10%, low-med KB *see 4:53
HTML:
Down B:phazon force field 8 DS releases a expanding wall of phazon, reflects projectiles
1-11%, low-KB , high priority

Final Smash:phazon overload *DS accumulates too much phazon and must vent it. She rises into the air in a protective bubble and releases alot of shards of phazon everywhere *see 3:02
HTML:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IPEykOoTNSg
Miscelaneous
Taunts:
Up:DS does her signature evil laugh
Left:DS raises her cannon forward ready to fight, as she does before she fights samus
Right:DS dissapears, and the DS shadow floats above(like when you defeat Rundas, Ghor and Gyandrayda)

*DS has the ability to glide

*Winning poses
1.DS gives an evil laugh
2.DS looks at the losers and dissapears into little specks of phazon
3.DS flies around a little, lands and laughs

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
Hm.... I don't know...

I have a feeling that Ridley is going to be an adventure mode boss, and Dark Samus is going to be the equivalent to normal Samus, but with slower speed and more power, just like Mewtwo. Don't get me wrong, Im not a hater or anything, but I feel Kraid has just as much of a chance at being a playable character as Ridley, and that is not likely at all. No offense... This is a Dark Samus topic anyway.

I really don't think Nintendo would pass up the opportunity to use Ridley as an adventure mode boss character. They used Petey Parahna already, and that looks awesome. So I am sure Ridley will have all of his glory in the adventure mode showing everybody some evil Metroid rep. Otherwise, what would Samus end up doing in the adventure mode? Sakurai even explained how all the characters tie together in the end. Im sure Ridley is pulling some strings with the bad guys in the end. In fact, im sure that is how all the series will end up pulling together.

take a look at what sakurai has done..he has shown kraid to be huge already meaning an epic boss battle. ridley however wasnt much taller than samus when shown...this increases ridleys chance more to be playable as he is playable size.sure he should be a sse boss but the boss equvilent of bowser...
Dark Samus should be playable in the game but ridley comes first...

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace

..And you want Ephraim? Uhh you're beyond evil.
Well after beating MP:3 on Wednsday and putting much consideration into a moveset over a turkey dinner, i have decided to make a Dark samus moveset of my owh: *DS stands for Dark Samus:psycho:, and KB for knockback and * a dark echo is a temporary clone of DS

Dark Samus moveset*further explaination put where needed

A:Jab
2-4%, low knockback, low priority

A,A combo:Dark arm*DS follows up with a arm cannon shrouded in phazon
2-6%, low-med KB, low-med priority

F-tilt:phazon claw*DS slashes at the foe with her hand shrouded in phazon
3-11%, med KB, med priority

U-tilt:phazon shards:*little shards of phazon circle above DS' head
1-12%, low-med KB, high priority

D-tilt:Crouching phazon claw
4-11%, med KB, med priority

Dash attack:phazon tackle*animation like Samus' DA, but shrouded in phazon
3-9%, med KB, med-high priority

F-smash:phazon vent*DS spereads her arms and a short but powerful blast of phazon is vented from her chest
6-15%uncharged,8-21%charged, med-high KB, med priority

U-smash:Corrupted ice spear*DS quickly scatters into litle specks of phazon, and a large(about Bowser's hight)sharp pillar of ice jets up from the ground *sweetspot (based on pillars summoned in final fight in MP3)
2-17%uncharged, 2-23%charged, low-high KB, very high priority

D-smash:Hyperball *DS spins on the floor in morph ball, emmiting electric-like bolts of phazon, last hit gives KB(similar to Pika's D-smash)(based on hyperball ability in MP3)
1-14%uncharged, 2-19%charged, low-high KB, low priority

N-air:Aerial hyperball*last hit gives KB(similar to M2's nair)
1-11%, low-med KB, low priority

F-air:Aerial phazon tackle*a shorter range version on dash attack, but she jets back after initial dash, can hit with both dashes(DS can float so it's possible :chuckle:)
3-13%, med KB, med priority

U-air:Drill kick*identical to Samus', but has little phazon sparks
1-10%, low-med KB, low-med priority

D-air:Dark echo*Half of a dark echo comes out of DS' chest and slams the foe downward with a hit from her cannon *sweetspot, spike
5-13%, med-high KB, high priority

B-air:Dark echo*Half a dark echo comes out of DS' body and smaskcs the foe with her cannon
5-11%, low-med KB, high priority

Grab: Dark echo grab *DS has a dark echo dash slightly forward(about length of grapple)to grab the foe. If succesful, the original DS dissapears andthe other DS has the foe grabbed

Grab attack: Phazon jolt
2-3%

F-throw: Echo tackle *DS throws the for forward and an echo immediatly comes out to tackle the foe
6-10%, low KB, high priority

B-throw :Slam *DS slams the foe behind her
4-7%, low-med KB

U-throw:Rapid fire*DS tosses the foe upwards and shots rapid, low power, phazon shots
3-16%, low KB

D-throw:Hyperball throw: *DS slams the foe down, and spins on them in hyperball(similar to Sonics down throw)
5-8%, low KB
specials

B: Corrupted charge shot *DS raises her arm cannon above her head, and a small bal of phazon charges there, can store and release, or let out uncharged
1%touch damage, 4-11%uncharged, 14%fully charged, low-high KB, low-high priority

Side B:Corrupted boost ball *DS rapidly shoots forward in morph ball, continues for about 3 seconds, cancel-able on ground, med priority
6-9%, med-high KB *see 1:29-1:33
HTML:
U-BCorrupted Shinespark(?)*DS morphs into a meteor-like ball of phazon and charges at the fore, recovery, high priority
2%touch damage, 5-10%, low-med KB *see 4:53
HTML:
Down B:phazon force field 8 DS releases a expanding wall of phazon, reflects projectiles
1-11%, low-KB , high priority

Final Smash:phazon overload *DS accumulates too much phazon and must vent it. She rises into the air in a protective bubble and releases alot of shards of phazon everywhere *see 3:02
HTML:
http://youtube.com/watch?v=IPEykOoTNSg
Miscelaneous
Taunts:
Up:DS does her signature evil laugh
Left:DS raises her cannon forward ready to fight, as she does before she fights samus
Right:DS dissapears, and the DS shadow floats above(like when you defeat Rundas, Ghor and Gyandrayda)

*DS has the ability to glide

*Winning poses
1.DS gives an evil laugh
2.DS looks at the losers and dissapears into little specks of phazon
3.DS flies around a little, lands and laughs
Nice Moveset! I'll put it in the first post. Infact, I'll put every moveset made from now on for DS in the first post.

thedup

Smash Cadet
well I was completely against the idea of adding dark samus before, but after reading the first post, and going through the rest of the thread, I'll admit that I think he would be an excellent character. after ridley of course, but I agree that metroid deserves 3 characters, and I don't consider zero suit one of them

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
well I was completely against the idea of adding dark samus before, but after reading the first post, and going through the rest of the thread, I'll admit that I think he would be an excellent character. after ridley of course, but I agree that metroid deserves 3 characters, and I don't consider zero suit one of them
Hah, looks like the first post is worth something. If you want to join, have problems, questions or suggestions, just post!

That is why Sakurai said he wanted more Metroid characters, right pumpkin?

Well I guess I might as well ask to join. Hey Wu Tang can I join?
Of course, but first you must answer this question:

A train leaves from Chicago at 10:00 traveling west at 60 mph while another train leaves San Fransisco at........

dosn't the color update kinda decomfirm this character?
...the hell? Where is your logic sir? Where!? That is what I ask you...

Why would gettin the dakr suit deconfirm dark samus? the dark suit is brown :/
Not to mention Samus with the Dark Suit and Dark Samus have been in the same room together on three separate occasions in Metroid Prime 2: Echoes.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
most of the characters that could do well from that series are currently unknowns, dead, or would be rather strange as playables.

if not Ridley or Dark Samus, i'm curious to know which characters you have in mind...

i'm gonna take a wild guess and assume you're thinking of at least 2 Hunters...:urg:

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
if not Ridley or Dark Samus, i'm curious to know which characters you have in mind...

i'm gonna take a wild guess and assume you're thinking of at least 2 Hunters...:urg:
Why the Hunters?? They aren't as important to the series,
DARK SAMUS & RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!!
dosn't the color update kinda decomfirm this character?
Do you just assume anything?? Phazon suit was shown at E4all, not dark samus Alt...
No, not at all, that was the fusion suit from metroid fusion. Unless Samus magically gets a dark suit resembling dark samus, which still wouldnt mean much, shes not deconfirmed
Dark suit, which is brown/copper not black, and Phazon suit which is black and red
have been shown, so Dark Samus still ain't ,and ain't gonna be, deconfirmed.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Well u know it does seem sylux WILL have a big role in future metroid games, shown by MP3 at 100%, so him being in if not ridley (hes in) nor dark samus (next best choice) getting in brawl aint that farfetched...

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
Well u know it does seem sylux WILL have a big role in future metroid games, shown by MP3 at 100%, so him being in if not ridley (hes in) nor dark samus (next best choice) getting in brawl aint that farfetched...
Well yeah i guess, But it'd be some bull****, Ridley and DS have more support...
But everybody loves those Hunters, my favorite was ....... all of them!!
and i wonder what happens next in metroid...

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
I think that gives him the right to be a metroid AT, wouldnt you say?
And mikel2 and others i think you misunderstand about what i said with the dark suit. What i meant was A dark(evil) suit like Fox, Pit, Zelda and Link, not THE dark suit, from MP:2

And mikel2 and others i think you misunderstand about what i said with the dark suit. What i meant was A dark(evil) suit like Fox, Pit, Zelda and Link, not THE dark suit, from MP:2
Well the Dark Suit from Echoes would be her dark 'evil' suit, although it isn't even evil, nor are most of the other character suits you mentioned. Pit is a fallen angel and Zelda and Fox just have dark colors. Link is the only really evil one.

Bottom line: The information we have about alternate colors does absolutely NOTHING to confirm or deconfirm Dark Samus as a playable character.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Why the Hunters?? They aren't as important to the series,
DARK SAMUS & RIDLEY FOR BRAWL!!
I didn't suggest them. the other guy did. though Sylux or Rundas would make good assists. or even Gandrayda could be interesting. i imagine that she would mimic the person she attacks.

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
I didn't suggest them. the other guy did. though Sylux or Rundas would make good assists.
Sorry, i meant to quote the other guy AND you,
the Hunters would make for an interesting aspect of gameplay, maybe even mini bosses....

or even Gandrayda could be interesting. i imagine that she would mimic the person she attacks
Isn't that what Ditto was SUPPOSED to do in melee, but he never got in, so Gandrayda would be good.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Someone accused me of posting in here even though I never have, so I decided to visit this thread..

Ive seen what Dark Samus can do and its final smash would be incredible (if it was a transformation)

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Someone accused me of posting in here even though I never have, so I decided to visit this thread..

Ive seen what Dark Samus can do and its final smash would be incredible (if it was a transformation)
i dunno if i like the Metroid Prime transformation... i like the idea that it would spawn metroids though...

Metroid Prime should be a boss in SSE AND spawn metroids. then when you beat it, you unlock Dark Samus. that would pwn.

The Red M

Smash Apprentice
The Hunters are pretty awesome and are the heart and soul of Metroid Prime Hunters hence the name. Nevertheless the game is a spinoff and the characters are spinoffs. Dark Samus brought the franchise to its former glory thats all there is to it.

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
The Hunters are pretty awesome and are the heart and soul of Metroid Prime Hunters hence the name. Nevertheless the game is a spinoff and the characters are spinoffs. Dark Samus brought the franchise to its former glory thats all there is to it.
Hmm, i suppose this is the way to look at brawl reps from metroid.
And that sig is awesome! Did you make it yourself?

It gives me an idea for the ranking system...

Leader/Ridley/Dark Samus (your preference)=Founder

Pirate Militia<Pirate Trooper<Commando's/S. General<Commanders
^the pirate grunts, ^ Hitmen, ^Mercenaries/S. General, ^ Founders

What do you think DarkSpidey13 and Wu Tang Gang?

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
I wonder what will happen in Metroid 4. My bet's on Dark Samus reviving himself again, but has corrupted Sylux.
It'd be the perfect twist, Start a new Trilogy!!
Hell, it might just be Metroid Prime Hunters 2: Sylux's revenge.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
It'd be the perfect twist, Start a new Trilogy!!
Hell, it might just be Metroid Prime Hunters 2: Sylux's revenge.
Hell, you can even twist in Hunters from the DS game with Dark Samus. I'm betting Sylux is indefinately with Dark Samus in his little ship. I mean, possibly Dark Samus took Sylux's form, corrupted him, and is tailgaiting Samus with Sylux's ship

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
Hell, you can even twist in Hunters from the DS game with Dark Samus. I'm betting Sylux is indefinately with Dark Samus in his little ship. I mean, possibly Dark Samus took Sylux's form, corrupted him, and is tailgaiting Samus with Sylux's ship
Twist in Hunters????:psycho:
Hmmm, I'm trying to imagine their new powers..:chuckle:

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dark samus is dead, he was connected with the planet phaze, the planet died because he died, all the phazon that existed was absorbed by the diying planet and thus there is no more phazon... dark samus is dead unfortunelly...

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
Dark samus is dead, he was connected with the planet phaze, the planet died because he died, all the phazon that existed was absorbed by the diying planet and thus there is no more phazon... dark samus is dead unfortunelly...
Oh well, Metroid Prime Hunters 2 no have Dark Samus
Maybe there will a war between the Hunters?
Bowser has died too many times to count
But was it actually death, or just defeat?

Top Bottom