• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
But was it actually death, or just defeat?
In Mario Galaxy, Bowser
falls into the sun. He is still seen after that in the game, but still...
. And how many times has Bowser fallen into the lava? Is he heat resistant of something?

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
In Mario Galaxy, Bowser
. And how many times has Bowser fallen into the lava? Is he heat resistant of something?
That was an awesome fight and cutscene!:chuckle:
And Stars are made of Plasma, not Fire/Lava, sorry, just bein a smartass..:(
hmmm, i'm counting 16 falls into lava :dizzy:

We should get back on topic soon..

Stryks

Smash Hero
Bowser doesnt need some type of energy to survive, dark samus does, without phazon,even if he DID survive (I dobt ANYTHING can survive an explosion of a planet full od radioactive mineral-stuff) there wouldnt be anything else to absorb to survive...

besides MP3 ended the prime saga, that means NO metroid PRIME hunters 2...

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Bowser doesnt need some type of energy to survive, dark samus does, without phazon,even if he DID survive (I dobt ANYTHING can survive an explosion of a planet full od radioactive mineral-stuff) there wouldnt be anything else to absorb to survive...

Well PRIME was just supposted to be a trilogy so either its not, or those are just spin-offs that dont really count in the Prime count
And FYI Bowser needs a constant supply of Toads to eat to live, so no toads=no Bowser :psycho:

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
In Mario Galaxy, Bowser
Oh wow up until now I avoided all Mario Galaxy spoilers and accidentally looked at the spoiler. im so mad at myself now.

vesperview

Smash Hero

How did MP3 end the prime saga when
Dark Samus's ship appears clearly in the end when you end the game with a complete 100%?

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Dark Samus's ship appears clearly in the end when you end the game with a complete 100%?
That wasnt Dark Samus' ship, i dont even think she has been shown with a ship
The popular idea is that that is a space pirate ship, specifically Sylux's from Hunters

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
Back on topic people...
Dark Samus could survive a 1000000 meter fall, a destruction of a dimension AND several
attacks from Samus, but it's highly doubtable it could survive overloading and an explosion of its life source.

vesperview

Smash Hero
That wasnt Dark Samus' ship, i dont even think she has been shown with a ship
The popular idea is that that is a space pirate ship, specifically Sylux's from Hunters
I thought it was Dark Samus's ship, because it kinda left the question of a 4th installment and it certainly is the reason that that cutscene is the one shown when you finish the game with a 100% so you know there will be a sequel.

Stryks

Smash Hero
U clearly dont know anything about prime saga:

1.- hes made of phazon, doesnt need air to survive, thus he can go to space
2.- the ship at the end is sylux's ship, the ship is shown when u fight sylux in MP:H, it has the beetle like look like the one of MP3s ending...

Stryks

Smash Hero
Why would they even show that ship if it didn't mean a sequel that's what I'm asking, and NO I haven't played Metroid Prime: Hunters.
Because it seems the hunters will have some sort of role in future games, but the prime SAGA has OFFICIALLY ended, please retro said it themselves... it seems sylux at least will have a role in the next game, this would make sense since he has some sort of grudge and anger towrds the federation and aslo stoled his suit and the ship he uses... im not making the game so IDK, but its OFFICIAL prime is finished, if there to be a sequel, the closes thing ull get is metroid 4 with an appearance of hunters and possibly a few flashbacks to when dark samus wasaround, thats the likeliest scenario...

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
Because it seems the hunters will have some sort of role in future games, but the prime SAGA has OFFICIALLY ended, please retro said it themselves... it seems sylux at least will have a role in the next game, this would make sense since he has some sort of grudge and anger towrds the federation and aslo stoled his suit and the ship he uses... im not making the game so IDK, but its OFFICIAL prime is finished, if there to be a sequel, the closes thing ull get is metroid 4 with an appearance of hunters and possibly a few flashbacks to when dark samus wasaround, thats the likeliest scenario...
Well, Prime hunters isn't really part of the prime saga, just the name....

Stryks

Smash Hero
Seriously guys cmon:

Phazon is gone, the planet were ALL phazon comes from is DESTROYED... it even says so in the MP3 credits, the AU says that the treath known as phazon is FINISHED...

what more do you want?

and the x virus:
theyre all DEAD, the ones that are on the space station and on the planet were ALL killed...

now seriously I know ur all pro dark samus,but going in denial... well... thats TOO much...

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
Why are we argunig about this....with ourselves?????
Stryks has done enough arguing for today, it seems.

Shuma

Smash Hero
"and the x virus:
theyre all DEAD, the ones that are on the space station and on the planet were ALL killed..."

Actually... we don't really know that, unless SR-388 has been completly vaporized, the X could've survived.

Also, it might just be me, but i still don't understand why Dark Samus is supposed to be dead. I mean in Prime 2 he reconstructs himself at the atomic level. And he is now dead because?

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
Stryks was trying to get us to believe that no phazon=no Dark Samus, and just went crazy.

Sadly DS was in the two most non-Metroidy games ever (Bar Hunters).

Metroid Prime was more Metroidy than the original... but MP2 and MP3 just... were not Metroid games.

NinjaT2D

Smash Cadet
Wow this thread really changed my mined about dark samus, and it fits perfectly considering most bad guys from each francise that r in brawl take a big part in the Subspace story mode.

verrader

Smash Cadet
In a master ball w/ Mewtwo. Wait! AAAAARRGGGHH!!!
This character is kinda lame. She was just a bad character in general. Also, the games she was in weren't very good. They were like overly streamlined Halo wannabe games. Meh, I really don't think she deserves a spot, especially over Ridley.

Then again, that's mostly my opinion. So take this however you want. :ohwell:

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
This character is kinda lame. She was just a bad character in general. Also, the games she was in weren't very good. They were like overly streamlined Halo wannabe games. Meh, I really don't think she deserves a spot, especially over Ridley.

Since its your opinion then theres is nothing to complain about really, except I think all of the mainstream FPS-games are streamlined wannabes of the grand daddy of FPSs.. Goldeneye.

Have you actually played the Metroid prime games? Seriously. They are nothing like Halo unless all FPS's are copies of Halo.

Goldeneye > Halo. Tru fax.

Prime 1 > Halo IMO.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace

Halo is a wannabe FPS Shooter. People suck Halo's balls because of the online play.
i dont think dark samus has much of a chance... =/ but if he did go in brawl i think he would be a cool addition
You didn't even read the first post, did you?

verrader

Smash Cadet
In a master ball w/ Mewtwo. Wait! AAAAARRGGGHH!!!
Have you actually played the Metroid prime games? Seriously. They are nothing like Halo unless all FPS's are copies of Halo.
I said Halo wannabe. I didn't say it was anything like Halo. I mean that Nintendo apparently wants Metroid to be their Halo. And IMO, none of this has anything to do with Dark Samus, so I'm just going to go ahead and label you as a douchebag for looking at any way to flame me for disliking Dark Samus. :ohwell:

Nobody else here really does either. Dark Samus deserves a spot alongside Ridley.
Hmmm... No, no it doesn't. It deserves a spot after Ridley.

Halo is a wannabe FPS Shooter. People suck Halo's balls because of the online play.
Once again, what does this have to do with Dark Samus? Sounds more like someone is getting defensive about what I said about Prime (which, like I said, was just my opinion). :lick:

You didn't even read the first post, did you?
You mean the onslaught of googled images and random biased arguments? Ummm... well I don't know about the guy you're talking to, but I couldn't bare more than thirty seconds TBH.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
How can the Metroid Series be a Halo wannabe if they clearly were there first?

"Googled images"? What the hell? Those were the hardwork of Dark Samus' members. I didn't google ANY of them. Dark Spidey, Stryks, and many others made those images.

I said Halo wannabe. I didn't say it was anything like Halo. I mean that Nintendo apparently wants Metroid to be their Halo. And IMO, none of this has anything to do with Dark Samus, so I'm just going to go ahead and label you as a douchebag for looking at any way to flame me for disliking Dark Samus. :ohwell:
...Well it was pretty obvious I was flaming you for not liking DS due to the general lack of me flaming you and me not mentioning DS at all in that post. But hey, since when did ***** lick you make any sense?

And Nintendo didn't want Metroid to be their Halo I mean they came out not to long from each other so while they were both still in development they didn't even know the peoples reactions to the other one. Thus = Nintendo having no reason to copy something they knew almost nothing about.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Jeez your gone for a few hours and all of a sudden, FLAME WARS
Seriously guys, how could you be comparing Halo and Metroid?
1.Metroid came before Halo with the whole space thingy, but Halo came before prime so im not sure who wins that argument.
2. Metroid is classified as a First person adventure, not shooter

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Jeez your gone for a few hours and all of a sudden, FLAME WARS
Seriously guys, how could you be comparing Halo and Metroid?
1.Metroid came before Halo with the whole space thingy, but Halo came before prime so im not sure who wins that argument.
2. Metroid is classified as a First person adventure, not shooter
Regardless, the themes are similar, even though they are classed differently. The reason they are classed differently is because Metroid is focused on adventure, and Halo is focused on combat. That doesn't make them completely different...

Now, I just don't even see how this argument is important to Dark Samus in Brawl.

Stryks

Smash Hero

* Yes I bet metroid back in the 1980s was made so it would become a halo wannabe... rite... and metroid prime was being made WAY before halo was released so STFU...

Hmmm... No, no it doesn't. It deserves a spot after Ridley.

*But if hes IN brawl and so is ridley, then YES they would be alongside in the game genius

Once again, what does this have to do with Dark Samus? Sounds more like someone is getting defensive about what I said about Prime (which, like I said, was just my opinion). :lick:

* Metroid is about an alien race that has the ability to absorb power of other lifefroms, in which the space pirates want to use their power to slave the galaxy, with only a single hunter standing in there way... I HARDLY see this being a halo wannabe series...

You mean the onslaught of googled images and random biased arguments? Ummm... well I don't know about the guy you're talking to, but I couldn't bare more than thirty seconds TBH.

* Googled images? WTF? some of those images were made by dark samus fans, including urs truely, so STFU, if u dont support D.S., then read the 1st post to change ur mind, but if u cant stant to read 30 secs of text then u must be a ******, good day...
Seriously anti-dark samus people WTF are u doping here?

Top Bottom