• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Seriously anti-dark samus people WTF are u doping here?
Trying to persuade everyone who supports Dark Samus in Brawl to stop. Or he didn't read the first post (which he admitted) and is like "OMG RIDLEY IS BETTR"

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
Seriously anti-dark samus people WTF are u doping here?
Probably Trolling, don't feed the trolls they have bottomless stomachs

ON TOPIC: If we go with the idea that all playable characters will have a role in the subspace adventure, what do you guys think Dark Samus will do, stalk Samus or actually work with the subspace army?

thoughts?

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Probably Trolling, don't feed the trolls they have bottomless stomachs

ON TOPIC: If we go with the idea that all playable characters will have a role in the subspace adventure, what do you guys think Dark Samus will do, stalk Samus or actually work with the subspace army?

thoughts?
More than likely stalk Samus. I don't think Dark Samus is the type to act as a grunt in the Subspace Army. But I guess her actions in the games don't really mean much, and she very well could be in.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I don't really know much about Dark Samus but I have a question, which form is stronger her Dark samus form or her Metroid Prime form (Giant beast)?

Stryks

Smash Hero
Many consider dark samus to be the strongest character in nintendo history, with tha said, he seems to be very smart, joining the villains for phazon or something aint so fartfetched...

deuceblade:
Dark samus hand down, the metroid prime was strong, but NOTHINGlike dark samus, using samuss abilities and firing phazon at will, hes a deadly character, also he controlled the planet phaze, sending seeds to corrupt planets... hes badass...

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Dark Samus is a she.

Oh, and in other news....I really am starting to think DS won't get in, not just because of the third Samus thing, but really because Sakurai really doesn't seem to like Prime. Have we gotten anything from those games so far?

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
For the subspace story, What if Metroid Prime was a boss, and after defeating it , it becomes dark samus, then begins to stalk samus and whoever joins up with her, then you defeat it again as dark samus to unlock it as playable. (keeping in mind that some bosses in subspace could potentially be playable as well)

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Dark Samus is a she.

Oh, and in other news....I really am starting to think DS won't get in, not just because of the third Samus thing, but really because Sakurai really doesn't seem to like Prime. Have we gotten anything from those games so far?
yes. we have gotten the Phazon Suit and the Dark Suit, or at least just the Dark Suit. but what a terrible argument you put up there...Melee came out BEFORE Prime, so Sakurai hasn't really had much of a chance to represent the series.

and also, Dark Samus is not Samus, or a Samus, or even human. i'm sure you know this already, but you must have just forgotten.

and you may want to count on your fingers next time...it's more accurate. there is only one Samus in Brawl so far...Samus Aran.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Phazon Suit possibly, but that's about it. We didn't get a Prime stage, we got a Super Metroid or Zero Mission one, depending on how you view it. We get refrences (and trophies) to Metroid Fusion. We have a Zero Suit from Zero Mission. We've got nearly squat on Prime for some reason.

And Dark Samus is a she. Maybe not a girl per say, but a she. At least that what Retro called her, and by my count that's the official word. Need proof? Play Prime 2.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Dark Samus is a she.

The dark suit samus uses, shown by someshots... it aint much but it seemsprime wil lget SOME rep...
or phazon suit we cant tell which one it is exactly

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Phazon Suit possibly, but that's about it. We didn't get a Prime stage, we got a Super Metroid or Zero Mission one, depending on how you view it. We get refrences (and trophies) to Metroid Fusion. We have a Zero Suit from Zero Mission. We've got nearly squat on Prime for some reason.
when you say "we didn't get a Prime stage" you make it sound like you are 100% sure that there will not be one in Brawl. so far we got 1 metroid stage. we know from past experience that we will have at least 2. i would bet money that the other metroid stage is from Prime. we haven't' gotten Ridley yet either, but does that mean that he won't be in? no. it doesn't.

and the Zero Suit also appears in Prime 2 and 3 looking exactly how it does in Brawl and Zero Mission.

And Dark Samus is a she. Maybe not a girl per say, but a she. At least that what Retro called her, and by my count that's the official word. Need proof? Play Prime 2.
yep. in Prime 3, too. Dark Samus is referred to as female throughout the entire game.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord

That is only one stage though. Metroid had two stages in Melee, I figure if it gets another it could easily be a Prime stage. Phazon mines from Prime 1?

The Prime series did get "mention" with alt costumes at least. Dark suit and Phazon suit.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
and on a side note, regardless of how much Prime representation Sakurai has shown thus far, what would make for a better Prime rep than Dark Samus, who is in all 3 games of the series and not in any other Metroid title? maybe Sakurai didn't want to change Samus's classic appearance, or leave out Ridley's hideout, but Dark Samus can be included without stepping on the toes of any other element of the franchise.

Absence of proof is not proof of absence.

Pieman0920

Smash Master
Well of course, if you want a Prime-centric character, you chose DS. She's basically the title character. >_>

And I hope you people are right. Though its true we will probably get another stage, you have to remember that Mario and Zelda both got moddern stages, along with basically everyone else. Metroid was one of the few that was based on the past.

Really, though there's no proof that Sakurai dislikes Prime, it really does seem to be hinted at with all this other Metroid stuff. :[

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Well of course, if you want a Prime-centric character, you chose DS. She's basically the title character. >_>

And I hope you people are right. Though its true we will probably get another stage, you have to remember that Mario and Zelda both got moddern stages, along with basically everyone else. Metroid was one of the few that was based on the past.

Really, though there's no proof that Sakurai dislikes Prime, it really does seem to be hinted at with all this other Metroid stuff. :[
don't forget that Mario also has a Mario Kart stage, and Mario Sunshine still isn't his most recent game; i wouldn't be suprised if there is a Mario Galaxy stage or if Mushroom Kingdom makes another return.

and as for Zelda, we got to hear the OoT Medley already which is a good indication that he hasn't forgotten about older Zelda games, either.

basically, i'm just saying that the stages on the DOJO are clearly not representative the only eras being represented. Norfair was a no-brainer stage if Ridley was to be included, so it makes sense to have that stage in addition to any others Sakurai has included in the game. like i said, there isn't any evidence yet that Prime is being disregarded, it just hasn't had a chance to show up yet.

D

Deleted member

The morph ball bombs seem to be Prime based this time. Sakurai is showing all aspects of a character's history.

Personally, I don't think we'll get an extra Metroid rep out of the ones seen. Ridley/DS/Sylux would all be awesome characters (beaten all of their respective games), but none seem to fit right. I can see Ridley as a boss, and DS and Sylux as ATs however.

Metroid stages are incredibley varied and awesome. All Smash stages should be Metroid ones :p.

D

Deleted member

To my honest opinion, I think Dark Samus is better off as an alt. Shadow Link is an alt so, I think Dark Samus would make a perfect alt. I am not trying to be a hater here but aI think Ridley should be the only good Metroid rep left.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
To my honest opinion, I think Dark Samus is better off as an alt. Shadow Link is an alt so, I think Dark Samus would make a perfect alt. I am not trying to be a hater here but aI think Ridley should be the only good Metroid rep left.
Dark Link is just a dark mirror of Link, with identical attacks and no in-depth background (if any at all)

Dark Samus seems to come into debates with a handicap just because the designers didn't come up with a more original name for her. Dark Samus has completely different moves than Samus, and she has a complex character history.

EDIT: and dammit, Smalls....change the thread title back!

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
What the hell's been going on?? I'm gone 1/2 a day, like 6 mor pages??
Oh well , back on topic.
The morph ball bombs seem to be Prime based this time. Sakurai is showing all aspects of a character's history.

Personally, I don't think we'll get an extra Metroid rep out of the ones seen. Ridley/DS/Sylux would all be awesome characters (beaten all of their respective games), but none seem to fit right. I can see Ridley as a boss, and DS and Sylux as ATs however.

Metroid stages are incredibley varied and awesome. All Smash stages should be Metroid ones :p.
So you believe Metroid shouldn't get any other Reps besides Samus??? And the Morph ball bombs, i think they look like zero mission's .
But I agree with you on the Metroid stages :p

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
Did you say that DS is the most Powerful Nintendo villain ever Stryk's? BAH! I accept how you all like the character so much but... sometimes.
Well, there is a lot of other people as well.
Most powerful Nintendo villains:
Dark Samus
Gannondorf
Mewtwo ( I know, technically not a villain)
Giga Bowser ( I know, not canon)

Well I can't think of everyone right now..but you get the point.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Did you say that DS is the most Powerful Nintendo villain ever Stryk's? BAH! I accept how you all like the character so much but... sometimes.
I didnt say she IS, I said shes CONSIDERED one of the most powerful characters ever, I mean she survived countless battles against samus, she survived the implosion of dakr aether, she can survive being in space, is made of a radioactive substance, and controlls a PLANET... his only weakness is being overload by the same energy shes made of...

seriously thats the ****...

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
I didnt say she IS, I said shes CONSIDERED one of the most powerful characters ever, I mean she survived countless battles against samus, she survived the implosion of dakr aether, she can survive being in space, is made of a radioactive substance, and controlls a PLANET... his only weakness is being overload by the same energy shes made of...

seriously thats the ****...
Of course you see why she is the top of my list..
Plus you forgot, she survived a 100000meter fall, a reactor explosion and she's badass!

Mikel 2

Smash Journeyman
Come on man, you ain't seriously gonna leave it like that????
DARK SAMUS IS A GIRL/SHE/IT FOR GODS SAKE!! it was funny though huh!

Top Bottom