• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I personally like Darkpaladin's Standard moves, so I chose his over mine.
its pretty much the same move set as everyone elses.:ohwell::ohwell:
I stated here, I chose to put Darkpaladin's moves instead of mine,
I simply felt that tese would represent better, but I stil like my special moves/FS.
And what do you think of the statistics??? Are they realistic or not??
And Y won't U post your move set???

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I don't like the boost ball idea, I never really did. It's too similar to other characters. I am not quite sure what would work in place of it, though.

Stryks

Smash Hero
Side B: Phazon-Ice earthquake (or something like that)

in the 2nd battle again Dark samus in prime 2, he charged his canon, and then sended Phazon-ce trough the ground going straight forward, if hit if ur oponent ison the ground, one will get frozen AND take damge while being frozen...

if hit when NOT on the ground one wil ljust get covered by phazon-ice snow like partecles, wil lstick on for a few secs, doing damage in the process...

just a tought

ps: I suck at typing

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Side B: Phazon-Ice earthquake (or something like that)

in the 2nd battle again Dark samus in prime 2, he charged his canon, and then sended Phazon-ce trough the ground going straight forward, if hit if ur oponent ison the ground, one will get frozen AND take damge while being frozen...

if hit when NOT on the ground one wil ljust get covered by phazon-ice snow like partecles, wil lstick on for a few secs, doing damage in the process...

just a tought
Lot better than the boost ball, I like it.

I think Dark Samus makes a very suitable character. DS's moves are actually QUITE different from Samus'.

I also believe DS would make a better playable character than Ridley. I just would not perfer a blundering dragon compared to an agile, dark and cool looking, demon with way more weapons/posibilities.

By the way, I know alot of you are going to be upset that I say that, but I don't really care. I've heard all the arguments before - don't bother contesting, I'm set in my belief.
If you want to be stubborn and ignorant thats your choice, I wont be bothered to try and change your mind.

And for one of her taunts maybe she points he arm cannon in a direction with ice air stuff coming out of it.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
If you want to be stubborn and ignorant thats your choice, I wont be bothered to try and change your mind.
Why don't you try explaining to me how Ridley is more agile, and how I perfer Ridley over Dark Samus? Instead of accusing people and insinuating inferiority when you hear something you don't like, that is.

Because it's ignorance like that which will start flame wars..

Why don't you try explaining to me how Ridley is more agile, and how I perfer Ridley over Dark Samus? Instead of accusing people and insinuating inferiority when you hear something you don't like, that is.

Because it's ignorance like that which will start flame wars..
Why I didn't bother saying it? Because of:
don't bother contesting, I'm set in my belief.
Thats why.

But your ignorance is because you said that DS would be a better playable character because she isn't a blundering Dragon and that she has way more weapons / possibilities, which is a pretty ignorant thing to say considering Ridley has about 4 or 5 different forms which all have different abilities and the fact that he is far from blundering or slow.

But because Marth is agile does that make him a better character than Bowser or Captain Falcon? No. And even. EVEN if you meant in terms of being higher on the tier list or whatever it wouldn't matter because this is a new game and faster / more agile characters wont always have a clear advantage over the slower ones.

Anyways, don't bother contesting, I'm set in my belief.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
lol all I was saying is that I would perfer a humanoid character to a dragon character. Much like I perfer Mario to bowser.

In the game, DS is better than Ridley. She has just as many weapons and she was controlling Ridley. Fighting dark Samus was also more challenging than Ridley, in each game. Ridleys 4 or five forms all had generally the same attacks by the way. Missiles, fire breath, charge attack...

Maybe I used the wrong word, blundering. But logically speaking a dragon who is 5 times larger than a humanoid that can fly would be generally slower - I can't see Ridley being a fast character in Brawl. Let's not forget Dark samus does a number of backflips and dodges when you fight her. Ridley was never as fast as Dark Samus, I'm sorry, it's just not true.

But because Marth is agile does that make him a better character than Bowser or Captain Falcon? No.
Well depending on who you ask, they may perfer the faster character, because they liek that play style.

Also, keep in mind that generally in every fighting game that has ever been (yes, I realize I'm over-exaggerating), the big slow character were either broken or extremely more dificult to play.

EVEN if you meant in terms of being higher on the tier list or whatever it wouldn't matter because this is a new game and faster / more agile characters wont always have a clear advantage over the slower ones.
Quite true, old boy!

I admit I sounded ignorant and unclear, but don't presume I haven't heard the arguments. What I meant was don't bother mentioning anything if you didn't want me to rebuttle. Besides, I think Ridley will make a great addition to Brawl.

Stryks

Smash Hero
A meteor hits the stage, and out of it dark samus appears...

that or the blue spheres appear, merge and become dark samus...

also dark samus should have a cool effect on his body, like lighting surging trough his body, kinda like SSJ2 guys, u know how lighting appears but doesnt do damage?like that...

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I had one in my moveset I think. In my mind it would basically be just like the Metroid Prime 2: Echoes 100% ending...which IsmaR posted. :)

Her.
Thanks!
And sorry about the low quality, the others were just too long...
Hmmm, Well as an alternative, she could just fly in like in MP3, in this cutscene...
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=tJiSMgtG5OY

A meteor hits the stage, and out of it dark samus appears...

that or the blue spheres appear, merge and become dark samus...

also dark samus should have a cool effect on his body, like lighting surging trough his body, kinda like SSJ2 guys, u know how lighting appears but doesnt do damage?like that...
Hmm,maybe her veins(those weird lines or whatever) should glow blue/green :chuckle:

Johnknight1

Upward and Forward, Positive and Persistent
NNID
Johnknight1
3DS FC
3540-0575-1486
No offense, I want Dark Samus and all, and I realize Dark Samus wouldn't have to be a clone, but if Dark Samus is in Brawl, most likely Dark Samus will wind up being a Samus clone, and will be sorta a last minute character. I want Dark Samus as much as the next guy, but I feel if Dark Samus is in Brawl, that is most likely what will happen.

Not saying it means Dark Samus will be a Samus clone, I'm just saying IMO if Dark Samus is playable in Brawl (which I sorta doubt), Dark Samus will most likely be a clone. But it's better a clone then a empty roster spot, I suppose. :)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well, read this argument.
Argument: Dark Samus cannot be in Brawl, as she would simply be a Samus Clone.

Rebuttal: You must not have played the games she was in, or paid little attention during them. She has a wide arsenal of unique Phazon-based moves to choose from, in addition to a healthy selection of shared moves that Samus Aran does not use in the Smash series. Multiple unique Dark Samus movesets can be found at the official thread at Smash World Forums.
Well, at least you support her in some way!

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
No offense, I want Dark Samus and all, and I realize Dark Samus wouldn't have to be a clone, but if Dark Samus is in Brawl, most likely Dark Samus will wind up being a Samus clone, and will be sorta a last minute character. I want Dark Samus as much as the next guy, but I feel if Dark Samus is in Brawl, that is most likely what will happen.

Not saying it means Dark Samus will be a Samus clone, I'm just saying IMO if Dark Samus is playable in Brawl (which I sorta doubt), Dark Samus will most likely be a clone. But it's better a clone then a empty roster spot, I suppose. :)
i think it's safe to say that if Sakurai were to include Dark Samus in Brawl, he would make every effort to give her a unique moveset. the only reason clones existed in the first place was because of time restraints, and we've seen plenty of evidence that Brawl doesn't have that issue.

She was so much better in MP2 than 3 :urg:
it's because her presence was felt more in MP2. you fought her 3 different times, and she was a pain in your *** throughout the whole game. that, and he skeletal form at the end was awesome.

in MP3, she was just chillin' on Phaaze the whole time...which was a bummer. but the one actual fight against her was pretty cool. and the space pirate logs made her sound like a total badass.

All JK1 is saying is that its likely that if DS would get into brawl it would be as a clone, not because Sakurai doesn't want to giver her an original move set but because her best chance of getting in is if they want to add a last minute character and... well DS is very similar to Samus.

Ridley FTB!!!

Smash Lord
STATS:

All stats are out of 5.

Jump: ****

Dark Samus can jump but only twice but has a fast off ground jump and an ever faster air jump. The air jump covers a far distance(off ground does mainly the same as Mario) similar to Mewtwo. However like Mewtwo it is very floaty. When jumping Dark Samus is very venerable but can perform many air attacks. The logic behind this is that the Phazon gives him a slight boost in power but fades away.

Size: ***

Well.....Safe to safe same size as Samus but is slightly taller on which I will explain later.

Weight: ***

Dark Samus is slightly lighter than Samus but is still heavy enough to make a stand.

Speed: ****

Many disagree that Dark Samus shall be fast because of his Mewtwo similarities but think...
If you comment on this thread you have to know who Dark Samus is and if you've played a Metroid game with him in it you will see that he zips across the area like fox in melee. But to make it fare he isn't that fast.

Maneuverability: **

Dark Samus is somewhat slow in turning in any direction. Her attacking moves consist of good tactics and timing. But because of his boost of (logic) Phazon some attacks can be played very fast as attacking moves or GET ME THE F*CK OUT OF HERE!!! moves.

(Physical)Strength: **

Dark Samuses' physical strength is what he lacks. When applying a Hit and Run insident not much will happen, but like all characters there is a few moves that can K.O. Similar to the strength of Ness/Lucas

(Special)Strength: ****

Dark Samus is a special user similar to Ness/Lucas(but they ain't nearly as strong). Most of his powerful moves consist of using Phazon in the actual games and it's the same in brawl. Even her A moves consist of blasts of Phazon. Her doges aren’t that fast but can also prove to be useful when verseing a slow character.

Recovery: ****

If a open path lies within Dark Samuses' reach, he can reach it. Go back to the Hyrule Temple on Melee. Remember the bit to the far right and underneath is the little platform? We dark Samus can make that. This is to show she can recover.

Fall Speed: **

Imagine Mewtwo but a tad faster (probably his new fall speed). That is all dark Samuses fall speed is but you're think well now he'll suck. Well that’s where you're wrong because of the aerial. I’ve said to much you'll learn later.

Grab: *****

Dark Samuses must have. Her grabs are all part of him. It has a length of Links Clawshot but is as fast a Young Links hookshot without the long lag. the only Lag within this move is the recovering of the shot forward(Which is about a split second). The moves of the throw are also 'slick' to watch and pay-off as well. When using dark Samus remember you have the ability of one of the best throws within the game. Also when dashing when activated Dark Samus doesn't need to even stop unless he has a grab of someone.(This may seem broken but it isn’t, it has a unpredictable length because its invisible)

Comboability: **

Dark Samus cannot combo well. He can't kite either. But there is however some combos within this character e.g. like all characters.

KOability: ***

Dark Samus can KO better than Samus because unlike other 'casters' Dark Samus has nice knock back with his special moves and so forth.

Notes:

Dark Samus floats above the ground and when dashing he hovers instead. Again imagine Mewtwo fatser, I mean way faster. Phazon is normally blue with mainy different blue tints.

Standard Attacks:

Neutral A Combo

Name: Minature burst
Damage: Moderate
Knockback: Moderate
Lag: Short
Range: Short
Duration: Short
Hits: 1
Effect: If caught within blast hits can go to 5

Description:

Dark Samus lifts his arm without the arm cannon and makes a small Phazon radiation blast.
This is similar to Zeldas standared A move.

Forward Tilt

Name: Forward Sweep
Damage: Low
Range: Moderate
Duration: Moderate
Effect: None

Description:

Dark Samus quickly puts his arm cannon above his head and sweeps downwards. When used there is speed lines that follow the arms cannon.

Up Tilt

Name: Upwards point
Lag: Low

Description:

Dark Samus thrusts his arm cannon above his head very quickly. But takes a noticable time to bring down.

Down Tilt

Name: Lower Sweep
Knockback: Low

Description:

Dark Samus does a quick swing horizontally on the ground with his arm cannon.(yes it goes
3-D)

Dash Attack

Name: Lunge
Lag: Moderate
Range: Low

Description:

As Dark Samus is Dashing he quickly lifs his arms in front of his head and pulls the backwards, pushing his head forward resulting in a headbutt.

Forward Smash

Name: Phazon Barb

Description:

Dark Samus punches forward but before he has reached hir optimal length he quickly makes a solid moderate sized chunk of Phazon that covers his whole arm which visually looks pretty neat.

Up Smash

Name: Phazon Bullet
Range: Low
Hits: 2

Description:

Overall a weak move. Has the same animation as the Up tilt but before it reaches it max reach it fires a small but usable burst of Phazon. This move is however slower than the Up Tilt.

Down Smash

Name: Phazon implosion
Damage: High
Lag: High

Description:

Imagine Samuses Down Tilt but with a pause. When Dark Samus does the same animation untill he reaches the ground he pauses for a split second and charges a Phazon Burst. When past the shot implodes causing a pretty powerful Smash attack but has severly large amounts of lag, this move does.

Aerial Attacks:

Neutral Aerial

Name: Shine Glisten
Duration: Quick as F*ck
Effect: Stun for a spilt second.

Description:

This move requires perfect timing as the duration is almost 0.3 seconds. As falling from the sky Dark Samus focuses for a second a small phazon circle appears around him. However this move shall only work on the contact with the enemy. it cannot fend off projectiles.

Forward Air

Name: Shunt

Description:

While in the air Dark Samus pushes one of his shoulders fowards.

Backwards Air

Name: 180
Damage: N/A
Knockback: N/A
Range: N/A
Duration: Very Short
Hits: N/A

Description:

Simple. Dark Samus quickly does a 180 in the air.

Up Air

Name: Row
Knockback: None
Hits: 5
Effect: Quick stun

Description:

Imagine Samuses Up Smash done in the air, with no knockback, adds a stun and has Phazon?
Well thats all this move is.

Down Air

Name: Two Footer
Range: Long

Description:

this is Dark Samuses Meteor Smash. however imagine Captain Falcons Down Air but weaker and slower. It does however have a slight Phazon knockback if timed right like Young Link Down Air. And like most meteors it can be meteor cancelled.

Special Attacks:

B

Name: Phazon Blast
Knockback: Very Low
Lag: When Fired: Short
Range: Long
Hits: 1-5

Description:

Dark Samus stands in hir charging posistion: He stands forwarly hunched with her arm cannon aiming towards the ground and charges. A fainted Blue light can be seen from within the cannon to prove he is chargin. As he is charging he glows a faint blue, so when it stops he is finsihed.
When firing from a charge he lifts his arm forwards and shot. When firng normaly he points forwards and shoots.(Can also be an instant blast)
Now for what comes out. Depending on how long you charge it for a number of 1-5 beams come out(1-3-5, 5 being fully charged). each having a different degree of movement. the longer the charged the more powerful each will be and the larger they shall be.
Its power/effectivness is like Marios fire ball but with more to it. Also some nice Phazon effects.

Up B

Name: Shine Spark

Description:

When activated Dark Samus pauses momentarily and charges for a second. While chatging the user gets to choose his path of movement. This is slighty similar to Fox Up B but has better effects and a longer length. When chargin Dark Samus hovers slightly above the ground some more and charges with a blue glow.When playing the shine spark animation Dark Samus puts one shoulder in front of him and fires in the direction. The attack however serves the same as Samuses dash attack power.

Forward B

Name: Boost Ball
Knockback: High
Duration: Long
Hits: As many untill time runs out.
Effect: When chargin, movement backwards.

Description:

Similar to the charges of Jigglypuff. Dark Samus turns into her Morph Ball and begins to charge. When chargin, Phazon cover him and is painting the ground. However when chargin Dark Samus moves slowly backwards but stops when finished. When the ball is released a blue trail of Phazon is left glowing on the floor in his tracks. Sadly this does no damage to enemys.

Down B

Name: Phazon Barrier
Damage: N/A
Lag: Start:Short If finsihed: Lots
Hits: N/A

Description:

When used Dark Samus makes a Phazon sheild around him that can deflect all projectile back to the opponents. However when used Dark Samus slowly rises and when he reach a certain he stops using the sheild and fall to the ground. However this is happened because lackage of Phazon so Dark Samus is permantly stunned as if her proper sheild has ran out.

Final Smash

Name: Corruption
Damage: High
Lag: N/A
Range: Max
Duration: 15 seconds
Hits: Mutliple

Description:

okay..Dark Samus grabs the Smash ball and glows the infamous smash colour. He walks steadly to the centre of the stage.(As this move last 15 seconds use it in the middle)He forces his arm cannon towards the ground and absorbs Phazon from the ground. Then a massive shot if fired towards the ground generating a massive Phazon wave that goes in both horizontal ways. This moves finishes once it hits a ledge plus it continues untill the 15 seconds are over(If fires about one per second). Through-out the whole phase Dark Samus has super armour just to let you know.

MISC​

Grab Attack

Name: Pulsing

Description:

Once Dark Samus has grabbed his foe he puts his arm cannon beside their head and pulses with the arm cannon. This increases the arm cannons heat which does damage.

Forward Throw

Name: BANG!!
Hits: 2

Description:

Dark Samus yanks his enemy onto the arm cannon and shoots them with a sudden blast.

Backward Throw

Name: Toss

Description:

Dark Samus throws his enemy behind her.

Down Throw

Name: Heel

Description:

Dark Samus throws his enemy towards the ground. When the hit the ground Dark Samus slams his foot into their face.

Upwards Throw

Name: Multiple Shot
Hits: 1-5

Description:

Dark Samus chucks his enemy into the air. When reach at certain point Dark Samus fires several sudden shots.

Taunt 1

Dark Samus laughs his deep laugh why floating several pixels higher.

Taunt 2

Dark Samus floats steadily and absorbs Phazon. The Phazon appears from right beside in the air.

Taunt 3

Dark Samus crouches, points his arm into the air and pulls Phazon from the sky. When the Phazon makes contact he flashes with a bleu colour.

Winning Poses

All winning poses are the same as his taunts.

Air Dodge

Dark Samus shifts himself into the 3rd dimension similar to Samus.

Dodge

Dark Samus teleports behind his opponent but once stopped he pauses for a second without super armour.

Sheild

Dark Samus puts his gun in front of his face which protects him.

Onto stage apearance

A Phazon 'egg' grows out of the ground, inside is Dark Samus.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
She was so much better in MP2 than 3 :urg:
So true. I wished there had been something better as far as a DS fight in the game. Something with her in the game more than just the phantom thing that possesses all of your allies...

it's because her presence was felt more in MP2. you fought her 3 different times, and she was a pain in your *** throughout the whole game. that, and he skeletal form at the end was awesome.

in MP3, she was just chillin' on Phaaze the whole time...which was a bummer. but the one actual fight against her was pretty cool. and the space pirate logs made her sound like a total badass.
Actually, I'd say her "presence" was a lot more "felt" in MP3. She was still pretty mysterious in MP2. And also, you fought her 4 times, not 3.

antimatter

Smash Lord
i hated dark samus taking over the allies. im reeeaallllly hoping for some loophole to bring them back.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
1st, nice move set Ridley FTB!!!:cool: But the Final Smash seems too powerful/awkward...
What happens if they are higher than you? Or if you break the floor on sky world....
i hated dark samus taking over the allies. im reeeaallllly hoping for some loophole to bring them back.
Dark Samus is dead....Maybe the Space Pirates or somebody cloned them, and some turn out good..

Top Bottom