• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dark Samus(a.K.a Metroid Prime): We will consume everything.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
Ooromine IV, the second planet from the sun FS-176
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
I think your forgetting Zero Suit Samus, I think Ridley and Dark Samus really are competing...suddenly getting 4 characters after previously only having 1 is a little hard to believe.
Well, Zamus is really only a transformation of Samus, not a stand alone character....
And it wouldn't kill Sakurai to put 4 reps for a series..

you are deconfirming it from a demo... well there is still what just under three months left
there can still be a chance for an alt costume
What would be the point of the Phazon suit(black with red highlights)
AND Dark Samus's suit(black with blue/green accents???
Dark Samus won't be an alt!!!! GOD****IT!
A better question to ask him; what would be the point of not putting a color change into a demo? If that existed in the first place, we certainly would have seen it in the November 21st update.

Dark Samus is officially deconfirmed as a color change, and so unlikely as one anyway that it's ridiculous to try to argue the point. Characters cannot change their shape for color changes, that's why it's called a color change. There is no such thing as an alternate costume, so I don't know where everyone got that idiotic idea. But whatever helps you sleep at night super-7...

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
why wouldnt they put it as an alt color
it would be better then having a clone thats slightly faster then samus
Is it possible for you to make such a fool of yourself? By your logic, Luigi should be a Mario alt.

..And "Clone"? Are you from japan? You certainly aren't showing love for the revival of the Metroid series, Dark Samus. If Dark Samus was a Samus clone, Pikachu is an Ike clone.

super-7

Smash Journeyman
A better question to ask him; what would be the point of not putting a color change into a demo? If that existed in the first place, we certainly would have seen it in the November 21st update.

Dark Samus is officially deconfirmed as a color change, and so unlikely as one anyway that it's ridiculous to try to argue the point. Characters cannot change their shape for color changes, that's why it's called a color change. There is no such thing as an alternate costume, so I don't know where everyone got that idiotic idea. But whatever helps you sleep at night super-7...
How cant u change the shape pika changes his head gear thats changing his shape isnt it.
changing hats is changing a costume not a color
and judging by these pics theres not much of a shape change

Is it possible for you to make such a fool of yourself? By
your logic, Luigi should be a Mario alt.

..And "Clone"? Are you from japan? You certainly aren't showing love for the revival of the Metroid series, Dark Samus. If Dark Samus was a Samus clone, Pikachu is an Ike clone.
am i from japan... whats that susposed to mean u racist **** ill show love for
the metroid series when ridley is announced. and yeah mario and luigi are somewhat alike but luigi is taller and has different moves just the same bmoves im just saying it would make
more sense to have it as a color/costume

How cant u change the shape pika changes his head gear thats changing his shape isnt it.
Pikachu itself isn't changing shape. The hat, goggles and headband are simple accessories. Turning Samus into Dark Samus is NOT an accessory. And furthermore you just provided more proof against your argument. Just look at the screenshot of Fusion Suit Samus. Hmm, notice how it's not actually the Fusion Suit design, but rather just the Varia Suit with the Fusion Suit's colors. Why is that, you may wonder? Because there is no such thing as an alternate costume. Shape does not change. And don't try to pretend they look similar enough. Samus's armor is made of metal, and looks it. Dark Samus's skin is organic, and isn't made of segmented parts. Her visor is a different shape as well, and that alone is too much for a color change. So again, Dark Samus cannot be a color change.

super-7

Smash Journeyman
Pikachu itself isn't changing shape. The hat, goggles and headband are simple accessories. Turning Samus into Dark Samus is NOT an accessory. And furthermore you just provided more proof against your argument. Just look at the screenshot of Fusion Suit Samus. Hmm, notice how it's not actually the Fusion Suit design, but rather just the Varia Suit with the Fusion Suit's colors. Why is that, you may wonder? Because there is no such thing as an alternate costume. Shape does not change. Dark Samus cannot be a color change.
excactlly its not EXCACTLLY the fusion suit design
but it may not EXCACTLLY have to be the dark samus design it can be altered to fit the size of samus shape but have the colors of dark samus!

Punchline

Smash Apprentice
Pikachu itself isn't changing shape. The hat, goggles and headband are simple accessories. Turning Samus into Dark Samus is NOT an accessory. And furthermore you just provided more proof against your argument. Just look at the screenshot of Fusion Suit Samus. Hmm, notice how it's not actually the Fusion Suit design, but rather just the Varia Suit with the Fusion Suit's colors. Why is that, you may wonder? Because there is no such thing as an alternate costume. Shape does not change. And don't try to pretend they look similar enough. Samus's armor is made of metal, and looks it. Dark Samus's skin is organic, and isn't made of segmented parts. Her visor is a different shape as well, and that alone is too much for a color change. So again, Dark Samus cannot be a color change.
And this forums next banned character thread...

Dark Samus!

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace

the metroid series when ridley is announced. and yeah mario and luigi are somewhat alike but luigi is taller and has different moves just the same bmoves im just saying it would make
So then Luigi should be an alt. Dark Samus has a wide variety of different moves, but you say Luigi has different moves too.

By The Way, you ignorant *******, don't call me a racsist before understanding the joke. The Japanese don't appreciate the Prime series. You don't think Dark Samus is fit for Brawl. Dark Samus is the reason why Metroid has more than 3 games.

Luigi should be an alt. by your logic. He has different moves, is a bit taller and faster, and a bit different but the same frame. Dark Samus is that to Samus. See, if you don't agree, you're a hypocrite and you have no knowledge and shouldn't be talking in the first place.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

Ur still arguing about this????
Can't you just let it DIE.....
Your not gonna convince anybody else that Dark Samus should be an alt, especially here..

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

And we need to stop quoting this post! :urg:

excactlly its not EXCACTLLY the fusion suit design
but it may not EXCACTLLY have to be the dark samus design it can be altered to fit the size of samus shape but have the colors of dark samus!
There's already a Gravity Suit design, a Dark Suit design and a Phazon Suit design. How many blue/dark suit colors do you expect? While you can try to make the feeble argument that we have yet to see some of Samus's color changes, you can't try to ignore the ones that already exist.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
Dark Samus cannot and will not be an alternate costume because:

a) Samus already has 7 confirmed color swaps, which is more than most other characters. there is no room to add anything else to her wardrobe.

b) Dark Samus, ESPECIALLY her Prime 3 look, has a different shape than Samus. as Darkpaladin mentioned, changing the shape of a model is not the same as adding an accessory.

c) Dark Samus has completely different moves than Samus; much more different than between Mario's and Luigi's.

d) Did I already mention that all of Samus's colors have been CONFIRMED!?

CHAOSDRAGON88

Smash Ace
Dark samus better not have that floaty(Get killed by anything) mewtwo crap. Its a real shame when they take the best characters from games and turn them into crap.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well, I think DS would be medium weight, like a little less than Samus, but she is also very floaty,
if they just give her some good/manageable weight, then she'll be fine for that.

DarkSpidey13

Smash Ace
if dark samus moves like mewtwo, that's one thing. that's actually how i picture her in brawl.

but i agree...she shouldn't get tossed around like a rag doll. and i'm sure mewtwo will be fixed, too.

Wu Tang Gang

Smash Ace
Dark samus better not have that floaty(Get killed by anything) mewtwo crap. Its a real shame when they take the best characters from games and turn them into crap.
Dark Samus is supposed to be floaty, like just 3 inches off the ground. They screwed up Mewtwo, but trust me he'll be back and kicking more *** this time around. His phazon is too much for the ground to handle.

antimatter

Smash Lord
i thought of a b move. rapid phazon firepower like the super scope, except blue and slightly more powerful. in addition, it can charge.

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I think Dark Samus makes a very suitable character. DS's moves are actually QUITE different from Samus'.

I also believe DS would make a better playable character than Ridley. I just would not perfer a blundering dragon compared to an agile, dark and cool looking, demon with way more weapons/posibilities.

By the way, I know alot of you are going to be upset that I say that, but I don't really care. I've heard all the arguments before - don't bother contesting, I'm set in my belief.

SinisterLizard

Smash Ace
Why is there so much Metroid hate? The more Metroid characters the better. Unfortunately...there aren't many. But Dark Samus would be pretty sweet, I gotta say...

I also believe DS would make a better playable character than Ridley. I just would not perfer a blundering dragon compared to an agile, dark and cool looking, demon with way more weapons/posibilities.

By the way, I know alot of you are going to be upset that I say that, but I don't really care. I've heard all the arguments before - don't bother contesting, I'm set in my belief.
Well I'd just like to say I've never heard anyone say Ridley 'blunders'. He's quite agile.

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
I think Dark Samus makes a very suitable character. DS's moves are actually QUITE different from Samus'.

I'd be fine seeing either of them in. As long as one is playable, I am happy, I don't care which.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
Dark samus will be floaty, because she floats
But she flies fast, and i doubt mewtwo will remain the same old ragdoll we knew him as:chuckle:

Chaosblade77

Smash Lord
Dark samus will be floaty, because she floats
But she flies fast, and i doubt mewtwo will remain the same old ragdoll we knew him as:chuckle:
I figure Dark Samus would be somewhat heavy. Lighter than Samus, but not by a huge amount. Faster as well, but I am not sure how that would balance with power since it's clear that Dark Samus is incredibly powerful, and would need to already be greatly weakened for Brawl for balance, but if she is heavy and somewhat fast, then a lot of power might end up making her unbalanced. I guess something like C Falcon with less emphases on speed and more on power, since he had a great combination of the two.

Mr.Victory07

Smash Lord
I figure Dark Samus would be somewhat heavy. Lighter than Samus, but not by a huge amount. Faster as well, but I am not sure how that would balance with power since it's clear that Dark Samus is incredibly powerful, and would need to already be greatly weakened for Brawl for balance, but if she is heavy and somewhat fast, then a lot of power might end up making her unbalanced. I guess something like C Falcon with less emphases on speed and more on power, since he had a great combination of the two.
I dont really think she'll be incredibly heavy, maybe Fox heavy?(She is just mutaded phazon with a skeleton-ish thing inside her:psycho:)

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804

I respect your viewpoint....
But still....:ohwell:
:chuckle:
Sorry, still got a little bit of Ridley fanboy in me :p,
This don't look very "blundering" to me....

But regardless, I'm looking foward to Ridley FTB!!'s moveset,
I think I'll contribute "my" FULL move set, along with the statistics.

DeuceBlade

Smash Champion
I respect your viewpoint....
But still....:ohwell:
:chuckle:
Sorry, still got a little bit of Ridley fanboy in me :p,
This don't look very "blundering" to me....

But regardless, I'm looking foward to Ridley FTB!!'s moveset,
I think I'll contribute my FULL move set, along with the statistics.
Is that a fan-made picture of ridley, because its the best i have seen ridley... ever.

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Dark Samus move thread

The Official Dark Samus move set:

Statistics:

Jump: ****

Dark Samus is just shy of incredible jumps, but still enough to get her higher and more quickly into the air in than most characters.

Size: *** 1/2 *s

To be fair, Dark Samus is nearly the same size as Samus, but far less bulky.
Weight: ***

Since she can float, not much weight for DS, but certainly more than any lightweight.

Speed: ***

Not really made for running, Dark Samus actually is floating and gliding across the ground
most of the time, but still quick at dashing and such.

Agility: ****

Of course, Dark Samus has subpar agility, she takes very few lag/start up for her moves,
as well as having fast rolls and dodges.

Strength: ***

Dark Samus is more of the "gun em down" type of fighter, but she still maintains a fair
share of powerful moves.

Recovery: *****

This is DS's strongest suit. She can almost always make it back, thanks to her "flaotiness",
as well as having a strong and good B up, she can also take advantage of these aerial skills
for combat.

Fall Speed: **

As mentioned, Dark Samus will be pretty much as "floaty" as they come. While at least,
she can at least fast fall to a small degree.

Comboability: ****

Also previously mentioned, DS will have more projectile/long range attacks, leaving foes
directly open to more attacks. Also possessing a few juggling and disruption moves,
Dark Samus will be a great threat in combos.

KOability: ***

Really, Dark Samus will have to get enemies a modest percentage, around 50%, to knock them out. Coupled with good combos and a good variety of
KO moves, she will be an awesome character.

Standard moves:

Standard: Dark Samus slashes sideways with her normal hand.

Standard Combo: Following the hand swipe, Samus jabs her cannon forward in a stabbing motion.

Dash: A short, Phazon-charged dash ended with a running cross chop. Medium strength.

Side Strong: Dark Samus extends her cannon and blue energy bursts come out of the end. This is like a sideways version of Mewtwo’s up smash, but it is very brief.

Up Strong: An in-place roundhouse kick, it hits with both feet.
Down Strong: A downward cannon swipe that hits the foe into the floor and then bounces them away.

Standard Aerial: Dark Samus twirls in midair very fast, like Samus’s up aerial. Phazon energy is emitted to increase the potency.

Forward Aerial: Dark Samus swings her cannon down hard. This move is a meteor attack.

Backward Aerial: Dark Samus brings her feet together and kicks them backwards.

Down Aerial: This is a short vertical drop with an extended foot.

Side Smash: Dark Samus clubs the enemy hard over the head with her cannon.

Up Smash: An upward stab with the cannon.

Down Smash: Dark Samus creates a Phazon explosion at her feet. It’s like Samus’s down strong attack, but bluer and closer to her body.

Grabs:

Grab: Samus holds the opponent by the throat. Very evil…

Grab Attack: She smacks them around with her cannon.

Up Throw: This one may sound confusing. Dark Samus creates two additional replicas and spins around her foe really fast for a brief moment (who’s just standing there stunned), then they come together and blast the foe upward. I guess it’s like Mewtwo’s up throw, but instead of the foe spinning around the user it’s reversed. The replicas disappear when they come together.

Forward Throw: A vicious backhand with her cannon sends the foe a-flying.

Back Throw: She spins them around once and tosses them away.

Down Throw: A hard slam to the ground.

Special moves:

B-neutral- Phazon spray/beam: shoots a burst of phazon shots, 3-6( similar to getting hit by a fire flower, but with electricity effects ) and can be charged to fire a beam ( similar to the ray gun, but in the first smash bros) and can be saved.

B-side- Phazon-Ice earthquake (or something like that):In the 2nd battle against Dark samus in prime 2, she charged her cannon, and then sent Phazon-ice trough the ground going straight forward, if hit if ur oponent is on the ground, one will get frozen AND take damge while being frozen. If hit when NOT on the ground one wil ljust get covered by phazon-ice snow like particles, will stick on for a few secs, doing damage in the process

B-up- Shinespark: Dark Samus briefly hovers in the air and then dashes in a direction chosen by the player, damaging those in her path. Similar to Fox's Firefox, this also serves as DS's recovery move, but with electric after effect.

B-down- Phazon Barrier: A barrier of pure phazon radiates out from Dark Samus, deflecting projectiles and damaging those standing right next to her, sending them skywards.

Final Smash:

Dark Echoes: Dark Samus uses this move during the final battle in Metroid Prime 3. She creates clones of herself to confuse and attack her enemies, and in Brawl these clones would act as CPU controlled teammates for a short period of time, giving Dark Samus three times the attack power. Additionally, Dark Samus's special moves are enhanced with "team" enhancements, like her upgraded moves when she used echoes in Corruption, basically, she would execute her moves like Ice climbers do when together.

Team moves:
B neutral: DS and 1 echo shoot in 2 directions, spinning, while other 2 are still capable of attacking, lasts 6 secs.

B side: the phazon ice is enlarged to pillars, like in the Final battle in MP3.
Much harder to dodge,

B up: player can point in a direction, and 1 at a time, the echoes shoot off, followed by Dark Samus. With skill, echoes can be shot in different directions, as there is 2 second waiting time before echo/DS is shot.

B down: all echoes surround DS, and bring out an enlarged barrier.

The echoes can be destroyed, but will join with Dark samus, recovering 25% for each,
after 30 secs-1 min

Credit goes out to the following people:

IsmaR

Darkpaladin of Chaos

DarkSpidey13

Stryks

IsmaR

Super Moderator
Super Moderator
BRoomer
NNID
Super_Sand_Lezbo
3DS FC
3179-6068-0031
Switch FC
SW-7639-0141-7804
Well, What do you guys think??
I personally like Darkpaladin's Standard moves, so I chose his over mine.
I also will take any suggestions to better it.
DARK SAMUS FOR BRAWL!!!!

Top Bottom