• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
That was an intense tourney and just like everyone else I lost to wobbles. Its great that two ICs made it in the top 4.

Wobbles

Desert ******
BRoomer
Actually, I'd really like to give shoutouts to Melee1, Hylian, and Infinity for being such incredibly fun and tough matches. It's because I was in the same tournament as you guys (and of course Drew, KirbyKid, Sethlon... jeez, the list goes on and on) that I had no idea I was actually going to win.

In fact, the high from winning is probably what gave me the motivation and energy to take 2nd in Guitar Hero as well. The only guy at A-Kon with two trophies! Woohoo!

So yeah; I had no idea this tournament would be so challenging or fun. Thanks for the great games.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Actually, I'd really like to give shoutouts to Melee1, Hylian, and Infinity for being such incredibly fun and tough matches. It's because I was in the same tournament as you guys (and of course Drew, KirbyKid, Sethlon... jeez, the list goes on and on) that I had no idea I was actually going to win.

In fact, the high from winning is probably what gave me the motivation and energy to take 2nd in Guitar Hero as well. The only guy at A-Kon with two trophies! Woohoo!

So yeah; I had no idea this tournament would be so challenging or fun. Thanks for the great games.
Thanks. I really enjoyed our matches. You are sooo smart :). I learned some things just from those 4 games. I really hope to play you more. Congrats on first man, you definitly deserved it.

Melee1: Good games that we had. Your ICs are way different then mine, yet you still kick ***. I learned some things from playing you, good stuff.

Sethlon: To bad we didn't get to do teams :(. It was fun hanging out and thanks for the drink!!! <3.

Everyone else: Good times :).

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
hey guys i was thinking, our community should be more intertwined and fun like the other communities floating around (namely nyc and most of cali) so i think we should pump up our weeklies a tad bit more and maybe have a funny awards thing, like this: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=172276

just an idea lol

bwett: sorry about the random dissapearance today man i fell asleep and just woke up lol

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
hey guys i was thinking, our community should be more intertwined and fun like the other communities floating around (namely nyc and most of cali) so i think we should pump up our weeklies a tad bit more and maybe have a funny awards thing, like this: http://smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=172276

just an idea lol

bwett: sorry about the random dissapearance today man i fell asleep and just woke up lol
I'm up for that dude, but with looser restrictions on the nominations.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
forsure, we could make our own restrictions and/or nominations, that was just to give you guys an idea of what i'm talking about.

This time blue won't get voted the "cheapest" player too ^_^

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I'm guessing the awards are in relation to Melee? Since Brawl hasn't even been out for 3 months. That would be stupid.

I demand to be voted cheapest player. I do, after all, use the Z button on occasion.

If you want to do it, go for it, Fire.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I'm guessing the awards are in relation to Melee? Since Brawl hasn't even been out for 3 months. That would be stupid.

I demand to be voted cheapest player. I do, after all, use the Z button on occasion.

If you want to do it, go for it, Fire.
I'd say go for both games man. It's true that Brawl is still very new, but there are still people who put a lot of work into it already and they deserve recognition for it IMO.

I hereby nominate Zaft for the Biggest Pretzel Hater category. I still hate you for that! :mad:

Keys

Smash Cadet
A-kon was pretty fun. Was nice to get back into the scene and meet up with people again. Great matches. Good match Kirbykid, we should meet up and play more often.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
I was thinking both games sometime after the weeklies get bigger and after we get a few more tourneys under our belts.

i also kinda wanted help from everybody :-/

I do, after all, use the Z button.
you do "Chris Wedge" people far too much. lol

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Fogo: Next time there's a 'fest we'll get all this together and figure out what to do with it from there. This way we'll have time to sit down and talk about what we want to do with it and what categories we want to support.

I'm hoping for the "best newcomer" award honestly :p

Bwett

Smash Ace
If yall wanna have a smashfest this week, my apartment is ready to have more people in it. Only problem is that it has to be at 8:30 pm or later if its monday-thursday. Friday can be anytime though. I need to practice with my falco anyways. Also, Rok, you can come if you want.

Gigi

Smash Cadet
MAYLAY, mehleh, melee, may i lay, meleeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeeee

Any conflicts for this Saturday? Need more challengers in melee! Brawl practice is also in order since a certain flaming penguin was put down by a rudebot.

woohoo tournament in a week. let us summon all our might.

edit for credit: pTB

ICE27

Smash Apprentice
NNID
michael0275
If yall wanna have a smashfest this week, my apartment is ready to have more people in it. Only problem is that it has to be at 8:30 pm or later if its monday-thursday. Friday can be anytime though. I need to practice with my falco anyways. Also, Rok, you can come if you want.
Yo Bwett when do you wannado the smashfest? Should we start taking votes for a certain day?

Bwett

Smash Ace
Yo Bwett when do you wannado the smashfest? Should we start taking votes for a certain day?
Go ahead, it can be today-friday. Make your selection :p

EDIT: Good news, talked to tx gamers guy. Looks like I'll sign up. Get done with my class at 8:15pm, and he'll just skip my matches until I get there unless I can't be skipped any longer. TX Gamers rule!! lol

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
guys we should have a break the targets tourney lol.

player flips coin, whoever calls it right goes first. player 1 picks random. ex: player gets olimar.

player 1 does olimar on 1-5. he can get a total of 3 times for each level. that's 15(3) x 5, so around 3 minutes for someone to do each level 3 times, with an average of 15 seconds. if he/she gets any higher than that, that person shouldn't even be playing BTT lol.

once he's done he calculates total time of all 5, meaning he/she picks the best time for each level ONCE

player 2 goes 1-5 w/ olimar as well

lowest time continues on to second round

lol my amazing rules I just made up.

yeeeeaahhh boooyzzz!!!

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
@ Billy - GOOD! I'll make sure you're signed up when I get there dude. I'm up for smashfestery this week, Thursday night and Friday night both sound good to me.

@ Slacks - ... <facepalm!>

Bwett

Smash Ace
Slacker, come to my smashfest. All you ever do is go to tournaments lol. Didn't anyone ever tell you that tournaments mean nothing. It's not about when it's all on the line. It's when you're chillin' in an apartment stress free lol.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Slacker, come to my smashfest. All you ever do is go to tournaments lol. Didn't anyone ever tell you that tournaments mean nothing. It's not about when it's all on the line. It's when you're chillin' in an apartment stress free lol.
ONLY IF WE HAVE A BTT TOURNEY

Noobits

Smash Rookie
It's break the targets..

and does anyone wi-fi anymore? I really need some practice and work during most of these Brawlfests... if so add me on AIM or PM me Ill try to go get my friend code on here. My AIM is Noobits btw.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
You know what's even MORE fun than doing BTT 15 times in a row? Bashing myself in the face with a hammer! Bash Yourself In The Face With A Hammer Tournament!

I was thinking both games sometime after the weeklies get bigger and after we get a few more tourneys under our belts.
Sort of reminds me of this.

There are 20 staple tourney-goers in Dallas (compared to like a hundred in NYC). This whole awards thing is silly enough as it is without the eye-rolling addition of awards for a 3-month old game. That just rips out the faint traces of meaning in the whole awards dealie.

NYC is celebrating 6+ years of competitive Melee. Most of today's Dallas players haven't even played much of Dallas' real talent, like Kirbykid, Chang, Drew, as well as the rest of Dkrew that I haven't even met.

In short, this awards system should be given the same effort and seriousness as this--specifically, about 20 minutes and a giggle's worth.

Or better yet, how about people just post asking to be complimented and then we all say nice things about him? It's quicker, easier, and just as ga--um....asian.

Edit: Melee1 should get the "He Beat Mr. 3000" award

Bwett

Smash Ace
You know what's even MORE fun than doing BTT 15 times in a row? Bashing myself in the face with a hammer! Bash Yourself In The Face With A Hammer Tournament!

Or better yet, how about people just post asking to be complimented and then we all say nice things about him? It's quicker, easier, and just as ga--um....asian.

Best post ever lol

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion

Sort of reminds me of this.

There are 20 staple tourney-goers in Dallas (compared to like a hundred in NYC). This whole awards thing is silly enough as it is without the eye-rolling addition of awards for a 3-month old game. That just rips out the faint traces of meaning in the whole awards dealie.

NYC is celebrating 6+ years of competitive Melee. Most of today's Dallas players haven't even played much of Dallas' real talent, like Kirbykid, Chang, Drew, as well as the rest of Dkrew that I haven't even met.

In short, this awards system should be given the same effort and seriousness as this--specifically, about 20 minutes and a giggle's worth.

...Are you serious?

HE BEAT MR 3000?!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom