• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
the true fact of the matter is that any competitive game relies heavily on momentum shifts, it is one of the main reasons why people even enjoy playing or watching. this is more than evident in smash and the mlg way of thinking does not encourage that.

edit:

Little assassin:

bring a cube, smash, mem card, or tv if you can; there are usually about 20 entrants to singles and i expect more due to many recent additions and efforts by txgamers(which attracted about 40 entrants last time); its at someone's house; you can just show up; ending time varies depending on host and how many people stay but probably around 9-10 or later seeing as it starts at 5.

also congrats to fire!!... i mean fogo. - - - ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
also congrats to fire!!... i mean fogo. - - -ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!
yayuhzz.

To whom it may concern: I, fogo the fantastic, have found the ultimate way to beat our dear friend Bluezaft.

BARREL CANNONS!

anyone wanna play tomorrow? tonight was a bust for practice, everyone just wanted to play teams :(

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Why would you have to press A to shoot out and not jump!? Sakurai, you've got some 'splaining to do! I give thanks that such a ridiculously overpowered item was taken out of Brawl.

I enjoyed how I yelled NO sarcastically when KG picked it up and then it killed me.

A continuation set makes it IMPOSSIBLE to come back in some sets because of counterpicking. A fox can continually counterpick Green Greens, Rainbow Cruise, Floats, Stadium, Corneria, FD, etc.
Learn some fun stages why don't you!!!??? :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:

Also, I thought you start with a random stage? That's how Drew and I did it at the UTD tournament. And that's how we did it at FS1 teams finals.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Foho, you should've kept your name as Fire. I would say something about that name but it would offend certain members within the general community =].

NOTICE.
I may very well NEED a ride to the tournament tomorrow, can anyone take me?

Also, I believe I have money matches! I'll post what I have down here, if it's otherwise, let me know and I'll see if I recall it.

Peach Ditto, $1 - Darkness of Heart.
Anything V.S. Anything, $10 - Cloak & Dagger
Anything V.S. Anything, $5 - Fire
Anything V.S. Anything, $10? - RunningBrave
Anything V.S. Anything, $10 - Felix
Anything V.S. Anything, ??? - Poot?
Anything V.S. Anything, $10 - Rage

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
No; SOS and I thought we were doing new sets and that's why we started with a random stage. Extended sets are supposed to start where they left off, with the person who lost the last match counterpicking.

I do have fun stages. Its just that Space animals have more of them and have more fun on them than I do mine.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
Megapost

SOMEONE PICK UP RoK! Everyone wants to play him.
DoH: Thanks. I can see how counterpicks make it pretty ridiculous to win. Death to continuation sets! Noone has explained to me why there are three sets though.

Rok: I didn't know you wanted one. I held back cause everyone was going after you with the big bucks. We'll do a $1 one if you wanna.

Tournament Saturday, February 9,

Warm Up 3pm
Start 5pm

http://maps.google.com/maps?f=q&hl=e...0&iwstate1=dir

ENTRY: Singles $5, Teams $4 total
split is 60/30/10

Need:
at least 1 copy of smash
more full setups
more tvs

SBR Recommended Rule List The Box edition
Super Smash Brothers: Melee (singles and doubles)
The following list was created by members of the Smash Back Room (SBR).
General Rules
  • Items are set to off
  • The stock is set to 4 *
  • The time limit is set to a minimum of 90 seconds per stock **
  • All sets are best of 3 matches except semi/finals 3/5
  • In the event of a dispute, controller ports will be selected by Rock-Paper-Scissors
  • No player may choose the stage they last won on
  • Ties will be broken by lives, then percentage. In the event of a percentage tie, one stock sudden death will be played
  • Wobbling is NOT allowed
  • The Ice Climber Freeze Glitch is banned
  • Jigglypuff's rising pound stall is banned
  • Peach's bomber stall beneath levels where she is unreachable is banned (example: FoD)
Set Format (in order of procedure)
1. Opponents choose their characters for the first match *
2. Each player may announce one stage to be banned for the entirety of the set
3. The first stage will be played at random from the Random Stage List **
4. The loser of the previous match announces the next match's stage from either the Random Stage List or the Counter Stage List
5. The winner of the previous match chooses their character
6. The loser of the previous match chooses their character
7. Repeat steps 4-7 for all proceeding matches
*Double blind character selection may be called for this match
**Opponents may instead agree upon a random stage

Random Stage List
Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams
Kanto: Pokemon Stadium
edit *
Past Stages: Dream Land
Special Stages: Final Destination
Special Stages: Battlefield
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Story

Counter Stage List
Mushroom Kingdom: Rainbow Cruise*
Dream Land: Green Greens *
DK Island: Jungle Japes
F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City
Kanto Skies: Poke Floats
Lylat System: Corneria
Planet Zebes: Brinstar
Past Stages: Kongo Jungle*

Banned Stage List
Mushroom Kingdom: Princess Peach's Castle *
DK Island: Kongo Jungle
Eagleland: Onett
Eagleland: Fourside
F-Zero Grand Prix: Big Blue
Hyrule Temple
Infinite Glacier: Icicle Mountain
Lylat System: Venom
Mushroom Kingdom I
Mushroom Kingdom II*
Yoshi's Island: Yoshi's Island
Past Stages: Yoshi's Island
Superflat World: Flat Zone
Termina: Great Bay

Additional Rules for Double's Play
  • Life Stealing is allowed
  • Set team attack to ON
  • Add Termina: Great Bay to the Counter Stage List
  • Add F-Zero Grand Prix: Mute City to the Banned Stage List
  • Add Dream Land: Fountain of Dreams to the Banned Stage List

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
yayuhzz.

To whom it may concern: I, fogo the fantastic, have found the ultimate way to beat our dear friend Bluezaft.

BARREL CANNONS!

anyone wanna play tomorrow? tonight was a bust for practice, everyone just wanted to play teams :(
correct indeed.lol

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Foho, you should've kept your name as Fire. I would say something about that name but it would offend certain members within the general community =].
Tisk tisk, so close minded.

I never thought i would hear such a comment from Ragna RoK the Tainted Xziled Reaper of Texas. What a cruel king you are. :lick:

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
**** poot nice use of text in your post. A very clear and concise hierarchy of information, I may recruit you as a graphic designer.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Don't listen to Landon, he's a crazed man! He's not even going to the tournament, he just likes to make me miserable.

Nice title, Fogo.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
So here's the plan: when you show up at Scav's today, just...rough him up a little and bring him on over to my place. We'll play smash. Melee, that is, so that we can actually combo each other. And the next day you and I will make meat pies out of everyone in teams.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
NOTICE

Listen to Poot, someone needs to let me ride with them to the tournament. (Though, I can meet up with you at the spot, I may need you to drop me back at my actual house since it's going to run hella long, or I could just use your cell to attempt to call my mom (Mine died).) But seriously, I need to kick some smash ***.

Scav

Tires don Exits
BRoomer
So here's the plan: when you show up at Scav's today, just...rough him up a little and bring him on over to my place. We'll play smash. Melee, that is, so that we can actually combo each other. And the next day you and I will make meat pies out of everyone in teams.
I'm way too scrappy to get roughed up by a
peach player
like Landon. Everyone knows this.

LittleAssassin

Smash Rookie
the true fact of the matter is that any competitive game relies heavily on momentum shifts, it is one of the main reasons why people even enjoy playing or watching. this is more than evident in smash and the mlg way of thinking does not encourage that.

edit:

Little assassin:

bring a cube, smash, mem card, or tv if you can; there are usually about 20 entrants to singles and i expect more due to many recent additions and efforts by txgamers(which attracted about 40 entrants last time); its at someone's house; you can just show up; ending time varies depending on host and how many people stay but probably around 9-10 or later seeing as it starts at 5.

also congrats to fire!!... i mean fogo. - - - ACHIEVEMENT UNLOCKED!

thanks for the help ill bring what i can :) cya there

WratH of Aries36

Smash Apprentice
Yea, When I can but just me and my bro's . Cuz no one in irving plays , but i haven't played seriously in months ......... ouch right

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
what TXgamer's thing?
Texas Gamers Game Day

Event Details
When: Feb 16th, 2008
Where: Texas Gamers in Richardson
Address: 209A W Main Street, Richardson, Texas 75081
Directions: (East Side of Beltline at Central) (Google Maps)

Door Fee: $10
Event: 5PM - 2AM

Reserve a Spot!

There is nothing cast in stone for this event. We are just going to get everyone together with tons of games and play all into the night. If you're a gamer you will not want to miss this chance to show up and play with all the Texas Gamer players. There will be food and snacks available for purchase at the event.

Texas Gamers Game Day is a casual event that welcomes members and non members a like for hours of fun playing all wide range of games: (this game list is not complete just an idea of what we have up our sleeves)

Some available games:

* Halo 3
* Call of Duty 4
* Dead or Alive 4
* Super Smash Bros Melee
* Gears of War
* Madden 2008 NFL Football
* Guitar Hero 2/3

Systems Available:

* 4 XBOX 360
* 4 PlayStations 2
* 2 Wii
* 4 GameCube

All players are encouraged to bring their own controllers. If you would like to bring a game or game system please contact me the Organizer so that I know what to expect, and can make sure there is room for you! We welcome all players and all ages.

Gigi

Smash Cadet
Rbrave has his here hoy. Wanna do our MM? pTB

Pizza at 7pm biatchez!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom