• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Vitamin X

Smash Journeyman
Hey Jake, Felix, Andrew, Fmatt, tell me how it went for you guys. Or you can wait until you get back on campus and tell me in person.

On another note, does anyone have an idea when the next tournament in this area will be?

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Some bad news...

My capture card seems to be broken, or at least is acting really weirdly, I just captured 3 hours worth of footage and it won't convert right... it might be my laptop not being strong enough to handle the program, though I'm pretty sure it's worked before.

Long story short, probably won't be getting vids anytime soon, since I have to go back to school tomorrow and won't be getting back til December 11th :(. I'll keep playing with it but it doesn't look hopeful.

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
GG to all, nice to actually meet some of the Dallas players for once.  Watching the guys from Austin play against the twins was pretty fun too, we should've recorded that。

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Big thanks to Drew for hosting and for putting up videos (well, trying to). Hylian and Kal, nice and very surprising seeing you guys there. Same to Mike and his crew.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I just got home. Don't ask.

1: Bluezaft ($36.00)
2: Dr. Drew the Dragon ($18.00)
3: DoH ($6.00)
4: Wobbles!
5: Hylian
5: Kal
7: Andrew
7: Jake
9: Josh
9: felix45
9: Rage
9: Tony

1: Chillin thinks we suck (DoH/Wobbles) ($10.80)
2: Lagann Impact (Drew/Chang) ($5.40)
3: Those Jewish Terrell Brothrs ($1.80)
4: Blueoil (Bluezaft/Fmatt(sucks))
5: Automatically Radically Fey!
5: Sheik is Broken (Hylian/Buh?)
7: JW
7: Lubbock
9: We Bring the Rice

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Hopefully drew can get those videos working >_>... :(. I want to see my MM with DoH!

Fun tourny guys :).

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Well my capture program crashes my laptop now so... yeah that's an issue. I also won't have access to both my PC and my VCR until May (unless I bring my PC home from college in December but I really don't want to).

Is there a chance anyone else can make vids? I might be able to supply the necessary hardware and software (when I'm back in Dallas around Dec. 12 or 13 at least).

felix45

Smash Lord
I didn't want to play andrew in singles. that sucked.

I wanted to play like...anyone but andrew. ggs everyone. it was fun!

I'll do better next tourney I'm sure. I'll practice and everything!

*knives*

Smash Apprentice
So yeah.....what is next on the agenda????

Are we going to have a huge brawl tourney with just the characters you start with right off the bat???

I call DK!!!!

tac0

Smash Journeyman
Lol indeed, I'm just as worried, if not more, but it will have to wait, I have school thursday, gotta make up a day, so it'll be another time :(

Xzile the Tainted

Smash Cadet
Fire: If you do have it this week, I may attend. Pick me up from the Downtown Garland Station so I can attend. Or give me your full address so I can see if the bus runs to you.

Rawr: Gonna make your peach signature today. I can gurantee it'll look 100X better than DoH's.

TGM

Smash Lord
*wonders of TGM could go to dallas some time soon to hang with dallas buddies*

wants to MM RoK and fire.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
ooooo let's get a date for this holiday extravaganza and start doin' stuff. I've got a couple nice surprises for everybody for it.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I'm looking at sometime after UT gets out so Jordan/Wes/Chang won't have any Johns about not coming if they so choose. There's a club house in my neighborhood that I either get for free or can just rent out for cheap.

runningbrave

Smash Journeyman
i smell another runningbrave/little hawk tourny coming soon...
24 entrants last time... whos willing to come on an early january weekend!?

Xzile the Tainted

Smash Cadet
Odyssy of wordonomics.

yeah X i could do that, i think there's a bus that runs right by my apt. complex, but if not i'll just pick you up
Why thank you, that would be splendid.:dizzy:

*wonders of TGM could go to dallas some time soon to hang with dallas buddies*

wants to MM RoK and fire.
Well then, I accept. How much and when? I hope you're ready to lose your money.

DUDE, ITS NOT ROK ANYMORE, ITS XZILE NOW, GET IT RIGHT.:cool:
Even though Xzile is my new gamer's tag. I'm used to people calling me RoK and so are they. So, for results and all, they will put up Xzile, but as far as talking, I'm sure people will still refer to me as RoK. It's like my real name now. Lol. And U-Man, you need to let me on the 360, soon.

ooooo let's get a date for this holiday extravaganza and start doin' stuff. I've got a couple nice surprises for everybody for it.
Good, do we get money?

I'm looking at sometime after UT gets out so Jordan/Wes/Chang won't have any Johns about not coming if they so choose. There's a club house in my neighborhood that I either get for free or can just rent out for cheap.
But don't you live in a imaginary place called Fort Worth? o_O?

i smell another runningbrave/little hawk tourny coming soon...
24 entrants last time... whos willing to come on an early january weekend!?
This time, I should be in attendance and take a piece of the pot. >=]

bluezaft

The True Zaft
There is going to be something earlier, like before Christmas, we just don't know when exactly yet.

Yum_Cha

Smash Apprentice
Cool, another tournment, hopefully some of the Austin people will come down. Do you think you can get the right components for your big screen T.V. for lag free usage Drew? I think Fmatt uses RGB components but I'm not sure.

Also, do you guys know if we're doing teams first? I heard when you guys run teams first, less people play in singles after seeing some of the competition. I would like to have more then only 12 people for a singles tournament. Just a thought.

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Cool, another tournment, hopefully some of the Austin people will come down. Do you think you can get the right components for your big screen T.V. for lag free usage Drew? I think Fmatt uses RGB components but I'm not sure.

Also, do you guys know if we're doing teams first? I heard when you guys run teams first, less people play in singles after seeing some of the competition. I would like to have more then only 12 people for a singles tournament. Just a thought.

I used to have component cables, smash still lagged. Then the component cables broke so that wasn't cool :(

Less people play in singles always at my house tournaments cause they're cheap, it's like a twisted tradition (personally I blame FMatt). 12 people was actually better than average for a singles tournament at my house compared to the last... 4 or so I threw or tried to throw but everyone just complained and it became a smashfest...

Someone else hosting tournies is always cool :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom