• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

milkshake33

Smash Apprentice
ill team with u aries. god knows i love hot pockets. but i just cant beat level 2's lol. what do u say. it wouldnt hurt my feelings if u wanted somewone else bc im not as good as others. but i have been practicing!

and i just rememberd. i had 2 ham and cheese hot pockets for lunch lol. like i swear to god!

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
wats your problem your not hungry for smash your hungry for HOT POCKEEEEEEETS! lol. and i think i can make it if RoK crew come through for me i'll see if dark can come later

WratH of Aries36

Smash Apprentice
lol the list so far: rating possibility chance by stars 1-5

RAWR-☆☆☆☆ ur ahead because u were the first to fell out the application lol

Milkshake33-☆☆☆☆ ha u don't suck u got a great peach as well as rawr now if u spam d-smash then u suck haha

Pί3(3.14 = pi3)-☆☆.......how could u not like hot pockets......☆☆

f4l: **** yeah we be havin some good matches haha

milkshake33

Smash Apprentice
ive been tryin to stop that d smash spam and start practing and doing alot more aerials and i do like that bair rawr u were right lol. ive also been practing big time on marth nd hes pretty good....... so i have a backup if my thumb decides to slip down to the c-stick and push down lol

But i do know rawr is better so no hard feelings no matter what lol.

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
theres no way im paying for a tourney when im playing with all you monsters.

thats taking a bad money risk for no reason.

lets just do free entry, or candy like rage said lol

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
Fire don't be so cheap. my tourneys were higher than this ****. and btw i will try and find a way down there. if RoK aint got me i'll see if my mom will give my homeboy gas money to. but thats a last resort

pi3

Smash Apprentice
=[ cant make it to the tourny, got work

wish i had more advanced notice so i could have requested teh day off

aires: how could u like hot pockets, next to diet coke its the grossest thing earth has to offer...............out of curiosity how many stars would i have gotten if i actually liked nasty hot pockets

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
I MAY Main Marth, I haven't decided. If we make this, Team Ugly-Roc and Team RagnaShine of BKM will be present. Hopefully we'll have enough room to drag Darkness (F4L and Dark) with us. We will have enough room if we have to take another car to bring our other two members: Yaya and Ray. If so.

Just know that from a bit of practice, My Marth is way deadlier than my Roy. For some reason I am able to Line up Tippers easily, and everything I strain with as an edgeguard with Roy (I make it back, but barely) is easy with Marth. And because of me learning not to fvck up with Roy because he'll die, is death to many when I do use him. So, if I do switch. All you people who I beat with a char that supposedly had an ADVANTAGE Ove Roy (pretty much everyone). You're in 4 stock range now. If you weren't already.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Tourneys make the smash world go round. Give it a try Fire. You start with little local tournaments then you get addicted and start traveling out of town and state for more. Also, if you want to really get good, tournaments are the first and biggest step. I don't know why, but even local tourneys help; I learned a thing or two at Fmatt's tournament myself, something about playing a huge variety of players in a short period of time and the pressure to win I guess. All of Dallas' best (Drew, Chang, DoH, KirbyKid, me, Zac, etc.) got that good through tournament experience.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
theres no way im paying for a tourney when im playing with all you monsters.

thats taking a bad money risk for no reason.

lets just do free entry, or candy like rage said lol
You wanna charge people $10 a *****' person for Gas money whose in your own CREW. But you can't pay $1-5 for a tournament? Dude, cheap man; Cheap as hell.

Also, I fully Agree with Blue on this for all of you who are scared to go because of fear of getting you money taken (which you will). But it's about the experience. If you've ever been to a tournament, its a way different atmosphere during a match than when you're actually just doing a friendly, because it's for placement and stakes, no matter how small. Still there. But, I'mma win so it doesn't matter.

milkshake33

Smash Apprentice
uhhhhhh blue u didnt put me on that "dallas best list"? y is that?

Im dreading the answer of ...... "because ur not one of dallas's best"

i walked right into that one! i do that everytime

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
well put DoH. couldn't of said it better myself. u hear dat Aries C-STICK lol. step ya game up and start using it. c-stick is everything n smash. next to mindgames haha

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
i don't use c-stick, apparently neither does isai. learn from isai

and go to tournaments if you're unfamiliar, learn to control your anxiety. and remember to have fun, its why you picked it up in the first place.

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
I got a quick question... If I was to host a tourney/smashfest in Desoto, about 30 min. south of Dallas... With free food (delivery pizza/ sandwiches & snacks and crap) and plenty of room, would anybody come? (assume I'd have good timing)

About how many should I expect to cater, seeing as no one in the community even knows me?

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Yeah, you live near falco4life and the BKM crew; and I know I'd go and take as many people with me as possible. We have tournaments around that area pretty often with a good showing, you'd probably get around 20 with a tournament or around 10-12 with a smashfest. Are you shooting for as big a turnout as possible? If you do have a lot of room we could publicize it as a large tournament, get Waco and other out-of-towners.

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
Hmm... not sure... I got a place I can rent, it's one big room with a bar, couches and tables, but I doubt it could hold much more than 25-ish, indoors at least. Of course, I can't afford to feed that many anything good. One thing I am short of is cubes. I got my wii, and three tvs, (although two are only 17 inch), but I'd have to leave it up to you guys for the rest, since my friend just left for kansas with his wii.

I'd probably enjoy a smashfest more, I guess, although I could be persuaded otherwise depending on how much fun a tourny'd be. I wish I could go this Saturdayto that tourney, but I'm going to AnimeFest.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Okay cool well whenever you want to have it you can just post the date, time, address, and all that good stuff and I'll update the first post and title with the information. Meanwhile if you just want someone to play with you can try to contact falco4life or ragnarokntexas (I'm pretty sure he's somewhere near you).

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
Well, I want to check out the A/C in the place first, they say it works, but if they're wrong, It ruins everything. It's too hot to make that kind of mistake. So I'll get back to you on the date- When is usually the best time? I'm off friday through sunday every weekend, so anytime then is fine.

And yeah, I think I will Pm f4l and ragnarok, and see where they live. I can drive wherever, whenever, except only after 3pm on weekdays when I pick my brother up from school, so I should be able to stop by one of their houses sometime soon. If it's cool with them, of course.

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
oh **** nice. desoto. hell yea. i'll continue this in my pm. my friend lives and desoto and i'm always there playing guitar hero. and i think i can start hosting tourney again in october n **** since the weather is good enough where AC is not needed

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
To All : For the moment, my main is Marth. For the Simple Reason I simply Pwn with him and make everything and everyone who challenges me look stupid beyond all comprehension. Feel free to test me to see if I'm actually better with Roy... Or get embarrassed trying. However you feel.

tac0

Smash Journeyman
I got a quick question... If I was to host a tourney/smashfest in Desoto, about 30 min. south of Dallas... With free food (delivery pizza/ sandwiches & snacks and crap) and plenty of room, would anybody come? (assume I'd have good timing)

About how many should I expect to cater, seeing as no one in the community even knows me?
I WOULD DEFINITELY GOOOOOOOOOOOO
The pizza is worth it alone =D

outRAGEous

Smash Journeyman
how dare you mention my real name on smashboards, dammit james! ha.

i wouldn't think of teaming w/ anyone else. but i might have to leave early again, in which case go ahead with brave. i'll tell you beforehand

how much is it again

bluezaft

The True Zaft
5 for singles
5 for the whole team (so like 2.50 per person)

This way 3rd place gets money in teams as well.

RESET CREW: Can one of you guys bring a tv/cube? We are lacking.

Poot/Rage/Rbrave?

And what are the odds anyone from BKM would bring a setup?

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
Orly? Rly!!! No Wai!!!

5 for singles
5 for the whole team (so like 2.50 per person)

This way 3rd place gets money in teams as well.

RESET CREW: Can one of you guys bring a tv/cube? We are lacking.

Poot/Rage/Rbrave?

And what are the odds anyone from BKM would bring a setup?
I'm offering my Cube up for the tournament if we should go. However, as far as another T.V., I would have to ask my crewmates, as I don't have one to lend. Lawl. (one belongs to mom, other belongs to uncle). So yeah.

>=] So, I'm judging that this tournament is going to be double elimination once more? And we should really have matches to decide the exact placings of people. And not just have like, 4 seven place, 1,000 9th placings. So on and so forth. Hmm.. Micky Mouse as my thing. Think I might change. But my Marth moves so fast it might scare people :O

RAWR its Luigi

Smash Journeyman
i can bring cube and copy of smash and maybe a tv not sure
i do need a partner for the tournament how bout it Taco
****it pi3 has 2 work again gay

hey 4 the desoto smashfest post here date in advance so us ****** can take off work plz and thx

milkshake : u got a nice peach just work on sum things and u will own like ME

Rok: its gonna b fun but no crew battle unless me tac0 and pi3 r there at least:]
i wanna play sum bkm :]

SpeedyX187

Smash Apprentice
This sucks, I have to work on saturday from 5 - 10. =/ Oh well, aries is gay and that's final. XDDD BTW, Qucik question, can you drill shine anyone? or just people bigger than fox? or people with a bigger mass? D: I'm guessing you could DI out of it, unless timed right? D:

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom