• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Melee1 is having a get-together at his place tomorrow. I think he said ludachris and ?honeyfresh? will be there; it sounds like fun. Details in the first post.

ludachris90

Smash Journeyman
ya when i went there was only me, taylor, melee1 and his bros. it was still fun though, i think we are going back tomorrow. some people couldnt come because of the rain.

Gibe

Smash Cadet
rain sucked, studying for my first test tomorrow sucks, but what sucks the most is mesquite/balch springs. you guys need to live closer to fort worth :nod:

and swift, hit me up sometime, i need more practice and you're much closer than anyone else i know of. we could even head over to matt galindo's apt and smash w/ him or something. You're gonna have a tough time being best in fort worth if you can't claim best in watauga first :grin:

proof

Smash Cadet
anyone whos not doing anything tommorow should go to melee1s house for a small smashfest....i'm pretty sure me and ludachris r goin......

bigo24_7

Smash Journeyman
that is a really good question cause i have never seen a comp with a vcr deck in it! Unless Dragon is a comput genius and built his own cpu with a vcr built in it!.....amazing talent you have Dragon-drew!

Gibe

Smash Cadet
VCR = Video Computer Recording Machine. it's like a computer with video/audio inputs. It uses it's own specialized busses and drives to convert the analog signals from regular video outputs to a digital signal on proprietary solid-state hard drives. These are incredibly expensive and rather large, making them difficult to transport. also they're fragile which again makes it hard to move around. throw in the rain and increased humidity, im surprised that his is still working, as mine suffered a cracked heatsink connector due to condensation that had formed on it. They require massive amounts of power and are often blamed for small area brown-outs when in use.

or you could use a dazzle or similar video capture card/box or tv tuner card.

SpeedyX187

Smash Apprentice
VCR = Video Computer Recording Machine. it's like a computer with video/audio inputs. It uses it's own specialized busses and drives to convert the analog signals from regular video outputs to a digital signal on proprietary solid-state hard drives. These are incredibly expensive and rather large, making them difficult to transport. also they're fragile which again makes it hard to move around. throw in the rain and increased humidity, im surprised that his is still working, as mine suffered a cracked heatsink connector due to condensation that had formed on it. They require massive amounts of power and are often blamed for small area brown-outs when in use.

or you could use a dazzle or similar video capture card/box or tv tuner card.
Ooo my mom has a tv tuner card for her laptop... How does that work out?

Galt

Smash Journeyman
An easy method to go from VCR to computer is to put the tapes in the VCR after the matches have been recorded, then route the VCR's ouputs to the computer's inputs. Analog isn't the best quality in the world, but so it goes...

SpeedyX187

Smash Apprentice
An easy method to go from VCR to computer is to put the tapes in the VCR after the matches have been recorded, then route the VCR's ouputs to the computer's inputs. Analog isn't the best quality in the world, but so it goes...
Ill make a test video in a little while and post it up on teh youtube to see how it comes out =o

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
Galt forgot the part where in order to route the VCR's outputs to the computer's inputs you need some sort of capture device. I have Pinnacle Studio 8 for instance. Which is a tad outdated nowadays but still gets the job done.

Lots more vids on the way today btw, just gotta upload to youtube.

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
BLUEEEE AWWW MAN WTF COME ON! How don't I qualify? Be honest, too much trash talking? You don't like hot sauce on your burrito? Or is it the fact that you're scared I'm going to unleash the unbridled fury of my Roy? I understand, his power is omnipotent.

Edit : Seriously though, why don't I qualify? YOu don't like fat PEOPLE?

RoK the Reaper

Smash Lord
6|_|`/5, | |/|/45 7|-|||\||<||\|6, |v|4`/|33 50|v|30|\|3 (0|_|||) 734(|-| |v|3 |-|0|/|/ 70 |*|4`/ |/|/|7|-| |v|4|27|-|? ||= `/0 |/|/4|\|7 70 `/0|_| |\|33|) 70 137 |v|3 |*14`/ |=|_|11`/ |/|/17|-| |20`/.

|*.5. - |20`/ (0|_||\|73|25 411.

Elite Translation (Since Dr. Drew the Lame *** Dragon can't read it)

Guys, I was thinking, maybe someone could teach mehow to play with Marth? If yo (Misspelled it, suppose to be you) want to you need to let me play fully with Roy.

P.S. - Roy Counters all.

SpeedyX187

Smash Apprentice
Galt forgot the part where in order to route the VCR's outputs to the computer's inputs you need some sort of capture device. I have Pinnacle Studio 8 for instance. Which is a tad outdated nowadays but still gets the job done.

Lots more vids on the way today btw, just gotta upload to youtube.
Im downloading Pinnacle Studio 8 : D But my laptop says I need "Conexant Python2 USB Driver"... Wtf?

Dr Drew the Dragon

BRoomer
BRoomer
That would probably be the piece of hardware that lets you plug into a USB drive, so you can't just pirate the software and be done with it.

I paid like $75 for mine back in '03 >_>

SpeedyX187

Smash Apprentice
That would probably be the piece of hardware that lets you plug into a USB drive, so you can't just pirate the software and be done with it.

I paid like $75 for mine back in '03 >_>
Ye the driver for it "obviousness" : D Im not pirating software!!11!! lolwtfbbq D: Im merely downloading it from someone else... Hmph =] Well ill get back to you if it does work out cause I have the tv tuner and the laptop x= I just need teh driver for teh Conexant Python2 D:

falco_4_life

Smash Lord
**** i don't think imma go to Moast Pi. 1st i'm broke, 2nd i can get paid on saturday, but when i do imma go buy some shoes from my homeboy lol. somethings always keepin me from goin to big stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom