• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Dark_Meow1

Smash Ace
It's not useless, it's the closest thing to a combo you can get with Zamus.
Not really, Zamus and I have found many a combos together. It's just a matter of following DI and such.

Felix, right now I'm VERY out of money, at least until monday. I could go into it and follow up with debt if you'd like XD Unless it's in melee, then I'll win and we don't have to worry about anything. But for Brawl, I'm not entirely confident in my skills with the game yet.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Not really, Zamus and I have found many a combos together. It's just a matter of following DI and such.

Felix, right now I'm VERY out of money, at least until monday. I could go into it and follow up with debt if you'd like XD Unless it's in melee, then I'll win and we don't have to worry about anything. But for Brawl, I'm not entirely confident in my skills with the game yet.
Whats your griend code.. Lets play. Im online right now.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com

I will money match you in Melee ;)

Loyde

Smash Cadet
Omg I love it sir. Ok, so I have completed half of my jail time with my family...I scratch the days into the wall lol.
Once you get out lets go over to Doctor Mario's place and do unspeakable things like the old days(like play Smash) and this time we won't get caught.

If you're bored and if you're over 18 here's some really funny vids that'll keep you busy. It's at it's best if you used to(or still do) play the classic gaming systems.
Angry Video Game Nerd
There's harsh language and even harsher language that James made up himself so I'm not responsible for anyone under 18 or that has parents that don't want you listening to bad words.

P.S. :lick: Licks Eye(?) :lick:

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I wanna know

Who is going where?

I'll bring a full setup if I get a ride to the fest.
If it's like last time there will be plenty of both games to appease everyone.
You, Brave, Dark Meow, Fire that I know of. Infinity later on.

pootTheBox

Smash Ace
I have tons of people. And alot more are on there way.
What are you going to with them? Are they disaster survivors? I suggest you make them pay for their smuggling by building brawl proof Wiis and gamecube controllers. I can run the factory. I'm like Zorro with a whip.

Anyways...Team Watson is back! Prepare to _________________________!!!!!!!!

Fogo

Smash Shinigami
Now that is entirely unrealistic and you know it! lol
i know, and that's why it's impossible lol

I wanna know

Who is going where?

I'll bring a full setup if I get a ride to the fest.
If it's like last time there will be plenty of both games to appease everyone.
I'll take you to the fest, answer your phone and i'll come pick you up, cuz i'm kinda like 5 seconds away.

felix45

Smash Lord
you pick the game, 64, melee, brawl, I'll MM you in any of them ;)

edit: just realized I double posted, didn't mean to sorry.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
We had an awesome tourney. I will be posting results within an hour. We had about 25 people and like 10 setups. Felix hopefully you can make the next one.

Big Bob

Smash Apprentice
Why is it that a tournament ran out of a guy's apartment can be more organized than an actual game store.

Not only that, but a store being sponsored for the biggest anime convention in the country?

A-Kon recently sent out an email in which they mentioned a Brawl tournament in Corinth, Tx that happened to be at the exact same time as Melee1's tourny. It wasn't mentioned here, but the big prize was two tickets to A-Kon. I happen to like A-Kon, so I decided to go here instead.

When I got there, I discovered that the owners of the store had not actually planned anything beyond "run a Brawl tournament". I happened to be there an hour and a half early, to which I discovered that the only Wii they had at the moment didn't have ANYTHING unlocked. Personally, I had to quickly use the 1-HP flower matches to speed unlock, and in the end I was three characters short. Not only that, but the owner mentioned that he hadn't played the game before. The rules?

5:00 matches (time matches, not stock)
Double Elimination
Best 3/5 (for EVERY MATCH)
Final Destination was the only stage available.

So basically each match took between 15-25 minutes, and only a total of three TVs. I would have loved to play, at the very least, on Battlefield or Smashville just to mix things up. At one point, the people spectating the matches asked that we turn the music down just because they were tired of listening to the FD theme. Argh.

As far as matches went, while many of them were fine, on occasion the time limit just hurt us. I found myself camping out the last 30 seconds of a match to avoid getting knocked off, when I would have already won had it been a stock match. Not only that, but a lack of reliable counterpicking caused people to be cheap; with no rules set in place over who had to pick first, a couple could end up being indecisive due to each countering their opponents differently.

In the end, I managed to get 2nd place in the tournament, trying to play as fairly as possible, but still easily influenced. I picked Olimar twice in order to get rid of a pesky snake, I stalled out a match in order to win against a defensive player, and several matches came down to sudden death. Also, my first opponent ended up getting pity final smashes in two matches (thank god he was the easily-dodged Marth and not Fox or Wolf, or he could have really made a comeback).

And while this seems irrelevant, I saw a sheet with the rules for the Halo 3 tournament the following weekend. I'm no Halo buff, but they seemed unusually detailed.

Cloak and Dagger

Smash Journeyman
It was fun beating everyone at Zafts! Except for that pesky Marthzaft.

We had the argument that if one charcter should be banned it would be the ICs or Marth. I vote the latter, you actaully have to be good to play as the ICs.

But I digress:

Rbrave: always fun to play against, love your spacies, but I am now a spacies slayer

Zack(sp?): your falco was good, but again...eaten by the climbers, and shiek dittos are stupid:dizzy:

Zaft: Foxu= eaten, Falcon= eaten, your peach exploitations= tasty morsels, Marth= banned from now on.

Fogo and Teams partner: So close to beating TeamWatson and Team RunningCloak, but our power levels are <9000

Ill be looking for to the next get together... I feel we were robbed by melee1s all lawl tournament.

Reckon

Smash Apprentice
Man I was looking forward to getting my Brawl on, Melee is an underutilized second language to me now.
Having 8 or so people crowd around one Wii does not make for timely or competitive matches, get ****ed in one round and you have to wait near 20 minutes to play again.
Oh well, I think I had one decent match in Melee.

Melee1

Smash Journeyman
Man I was looking forward to getting my Brawl on, Melee is an underutilized second language to me now.
Having 8 or so people crowd around one Wii does not make for timely or competitive matches, get ****ed in one round and you have to wait near 20 minutes to play again.
Oh well, I think I had one decent match in Melee.
My next tourney will be in June.

Droven

Smash Rookie
Im thinkin about throwin a small (4-8 peeps) cash tourney in Denton if anyone is interested (PM if you are, otherwise nuthin's goin down). Im also considering banning some (currently regarded as) top-tier characters (Metaknight, Snake, G&W...possibly others with suggestion) too, just to make it less serious and more different/interesting/fun than other tournaments. Sorry for the epic amount of parentheticals lol

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Im thinkin about throwin a small (4-8 peeps) cash tourney in Denton if anyone is interested (PM if you are, otherwise nuthin's goin down). Im also considering banning some (currently regarded as) top-tier characters (Metaknight, Snake, G&W...possibly others with suggestion) too, just to make it less serious and more different/interesting/fun than other tournaments. Sorry for the epic amount of parentheticals lol
You're banning characters? What the ****. I'd definitely go, but I'm gonna assume sooner or later you'll be banning ICs as well.

Droven

Smash Rookie
You're banning characters? What the ****. I'd definitely go, but I'm gonna assume sooner or later you'll be banning ICs as well.
Lol, i was considering it, only cuz the thought of playing you or Zany as IC again makes me cringe. But idk, if this thing comes together and ppl really want to ban IC then u might be out of luck lol. I'm not even certain what characters should be banned to make all the remaining char's upper-mid tier and lower. Im open to suggestions

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Lol, i was considering it, only cuz the thought of playing you or Zany as IC again makes me cringe. But idk, if this thing comes together and ppl really want to ban IC then u might be out of luck lol. I'm not even certain what characters should be banned to make all the remaining char's upper-mid tier and lower. Im open to suggestions
How about I just don't pick ICs against you? That way I can CG everyone else.

Then we're all happy.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Instead of characters, you could just ban people. If you're afraid someone might beat you, tell them he can't come. That's what I always did when I ran Melee tournaments. It's the only way to make things fair.

Bwett

Smash Ace
**** right you're gonna bring your Wii, drett. I'm gonna take its SD card and get my video. Then after that I'm gonna CG Zac.
Omg lol. I think I'm gonna put that as my signature!

Yeah, Zac you need to put up those videos please!!!

Edit: O yeah, slacker, you should either come over or go to one of the utd smashfests. I really need some IC practice.

Bwett

Smash Ace
Are you back in town yet dude?
I'll be back on Thursday. I'm itching so badly for competitive play. I haven't played smash in like 6 days...this is killing the hell out of me. Everyone needs to go to the UTD fest on saturday, cuz after there, yall can come over to my brand new apt (of course depending on the number of setups and amount of people lol. It will be the greatest day ever!

...I'm watching Desperate Housewives with my mom :'( SAVE ME! lol

felix45

Smash Lord

that is the dumbest **** I have ever heard.
ever.

@melee1 - RESULTS?!?!?!?!?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom