• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
What's the "cover charge" for... sounds like i have to pay $12 to enter... plus gas money.... eww
The cover charge is complete bull****, but I'm guessing it's for profit. They're giving away 100% of the entry for prize support, so that's the only real reason I can think of.

are they having a doubles tournament also?
Not that I know of.

i just hope it doesnt take as long, do we know any of the rules?
MLG Rules, same as the rules set from the TXGamers tournament.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
At the last tournament we had to pay $10 to set up an extra TV. Are they doing that crap again or does the ridiculous cover charge pay for it?

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
hmm fort worth? thats kinda far for me
but by the way 12 dollars and that gas money someone mentioned, the tournament doesnt sound very appealing anymore.

i signed on today to Wi-fi and no one was on.. that made me sad
more people need to add me D:

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
At the last tournament we had to pay $10 to set up an extra TV. Are they doing that crap again or does the ridiculous cover charge pay for it?
I have to agree that being charged when you are supplying extra equipment makes no sense, and I lawled at the entry fee being lower than the venue fee.

You going to call my tournament ridiculous too? It's a five dollar venue charge with or without equipment. And the pot is going to be better, since 10 dollars is going to it.

At first I thought "how convenient for him that something pops up the day of my tourney" but then I lawled at how ****ty it is.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
hmm fort worth? thats kinda far for me
but by the way 12 dollars and that gas money someone mentioned, the tournament doesnt sound very appealing anymore.

i signed on today to Wi-fi and no one was on.. that made me sad
more people need to add me D:
I would have played you but I was waiting for someone to get on. We'll play some other time man.

I have to agree that being charged when you are supplying extra equipment makes no sense, and I lawled at the entry fee being lower than the venue fee.

You going to call my tournament ridiculous too? It's a five dollar venue charge with or without equipment. And the pot is going to be better, since 10 dollars is going to it.

At first I thought "how convenient for him that something pops up the day of my tourney" but then I lawled at how ****ty it is.
No one ever said the place was any good, the layout of the place is utter **** dude.

Edit - I'd also like to say that I actually don't like the venue this tournament is at. I'm simply posting the tournament; I'm actually debating on whether or not I'll be there. If you don't show, I won't blame you and good luck to those who do show.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
So if anyone wants to carpool because of gas money, I can take a few people (probably 3, not including bluezaft if he wants in). Gas would be a lot cheaper to split.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
I would have played you but I was waiting for someone to get on. We'll play some other time man.

No one ever said the place was any good, the layout of the place is utter **** dude.

Edit - I'd also like to say that I actually don't like the venue this tournament is at. I'm simply posting the tournament; I'm actually debating on whether or not I'll be there. If you don't show, I won't blame you and good luck to those who do show.
If you have the time to drive down, you should come to my tournament on the same day:

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?t=153595

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
I want to practice a bit with you guys; let me know if you've got an open spot and I'll PM one of you my #.
If you and Bwett and Bluezaft are riding with me then I'll be a full car. Also, we should get some practice in today. As I'm free today except from 2:20-3:50.

And no, online matches don't count.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
If you and Bwett and Bluezaft are riding with me then I'll be a full car. Also, we should get some practice in today. As I'm free today except from 2:20-3:50.

And no, online matches don't count.
I can drive myself, that's no big deal; I just want to get some practice in before next Saturday. I get off work at 7 tonight if you guys want to play some, I can roll over that way when I get off.

Bwett

Smash Ace
I can come from around 4:15-5:15pm and then after 8:15 if that's cool.

OMG INFINITY YOU'RE AWESOME

Zaaaaaaaaaaac ride to tourney porfavor? I want to play bwett some more. :(
Lol definitely gotta get in some more ike vs ice climbers. I'm alittle worried of their potential so I have to be prepared.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Lol definitely gotta get in some more ike vs ice climbers. I'm alittle worried of their potential so I have to be prepared.
we need to get some vids. not vids like straight-hooked-up-to-TV-vids, but offscreen recording so we get your overly enthusiastic, yet hilarious, yells AND Zac's random Nana praising and commentary in the background

that = good stuff

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
smashfest my place atm. going to get food then ill be back in 30min

slacker and inf~ are invited too. i think it will be going all night

AkaiDoesDallas

Smash Cadet
Sup guys im new.
I was at the plano one couple weeks back... AKAI as they put it
ill b at this one and lookin forward 2 seeing u guys out there.

UTDZac

▲▲▲▲▲
BRoomer
Infinity that meta is sick, glad to practice a little with ya, definitely need more. Also, no more loud sounds while I'm on my last stock above 100%.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Thanks dude, I'll definitely come over there and play some more. You, Zaft and BWett are all really good competition, guys. Let me know next time you guys want to get some practice in.

FYI to everyone on the boards: it takes 265% to kill Metaknight. Worst. Fight. Ever. :p

Gigi

Smash Cadet
Don't play with my emotions Aries! AFK tricks pTB

Oh well i'll play lvl 9s

pTB

Bwett

Smash Ace
So yeah infinity, you need to settle down with that metaknight. You're gonna get yourself hurt one of these days lol. Because of you, I have to find a secondary against metaknight :p. Great games with you, zaft, and zac.

W1ld Card

Smash Rookie
yeah id defantalty like to get some practice in also . me and a couple other guys are gonna play today . pm me if interested .

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom