• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
man amazing tournie even though i sucked i learned alot
congrats UTD zac.
i got knocked out by kirby kid
i think i was ranked like 17 or something

man u guys gotta tell me how yall get so good, are there like weekly tournies or are you just pro at heart

Bwett

Smash Ace
BTW, very good GGs to Bwett, and gg to our one set Fire, lol.
Yeah those games were pretty crazy. I think you got used to Ike's range, and so far, I think you are the best IC in dallas, but of course I've only played 2 IC's lol. Also, kirby kid and bluezaft, those were some awesome matches. This was probably the most fun tournament I've ever been to. Definitely can't wait for the next one.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Yeah those games were pretty crazy. I think you got used to Ike's range, and so far, I think you are the best IC in dallas, but of course I've only played 2 IC's lol.
It's only cause my ICs can pseudo-wavedash. yaayuhz!

And yeah, I trained against Ike like all morning. ;p

breakyourarmor

Smash Cadet
I added everyone on the first page. Can everyone add me as a friend? My friend code is 1504-5678-8993

Tell me if you're not on the list and add me so we can play.

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
Dude, I Pmed you AND emailed you about the gamers club up at the college.

Where do you live? I'm at 805 Godwin ave 75154, we're proly real close, we should smash sometime.

I made it past these gay pools in the Wifiwars tourney. Sorry you got paired with Eternal Pheonix Fire, Rok.
I didnt get any pm's and i rarely check my email. Anyway i work on thursdays so i cant go to the gamers club. :( Sucks i couldnt go to that tourny it sounds like it was fun.

Idfection

Smash Apprentice
It was fun. I got knocked out in the second round of the final tourney, but I played a lot of good people.

Congrats F4L for making it to the 3rd round. How was Bardull?

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
bwet u was the ike I was playin?.lol I didn't even notice your Ike had me stressed fo a little bit there. thats was a good set we played. that was u right? ness vs ike on the animal crossing stage?

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
Does anyone have my copy of Melee and my memory card? The last time I used it was at the Gigi tournament if I remember correctly. It's a 00 version of Melee and my memory card has Wife's tag in it in the very top I think. I really need to play a good game, brawl is trash.

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
i officially hate Pikachu.
get this.
in the brawl tournament i got sent to the losers bracket by a pikachu
and than in the losers bracket i got eliminated by a pikachu
in the melee tournament i got sent to the losers bracket by a pikachu
and got eliminated by a p.....each but it might as well have been one.

i was very disappointed with my performance, dont really have any excuses but just that i lost.
oh well, i know i will place better next tournament. and until than i have to ocome up with some way to beat that rat.

bluezaft

The True Zaft
I thought it was pretty funny that both our Melee and Brawl sets ended with Pikachu vs. DK.

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
I know in brawl jus avoid the down smash cause its broken and the jolts since thats all that most of the pikachu ive seen do and the chain grabbing. now melee whole different story.

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
I thought it was pretty funny that both our Melee and Brawl sets ended with Pikachu vs. DK.
ha yah and i think i was 2 stocked both times.
im not sure why i always pick DK he's not my secondary or anything i dont play with him. it's just... i dont know, i think its the tie.

i've decided to take up DeDeDe though just because i like his side taunt. maybe his hammer can finally **** pika up.

K.G= did we play friendlies in melee? im not sure but i think we did?..

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Hey Slacker, my internet died, I didn't just run away crying after dying. That rainbow cruise match ending was fantastic.

Ratatat, I usually do pretty well against DDD with Pika. Try G&W.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Hey Slacker, my internet died, I didn't just run away crying after dying. That rainbow cruise match ending was fantastic.
I lol'd so hard when you died too, right at the last second.

And yeah, I got D/C'd too. I think it was the server.

P.S. I learned Pika ***** IC cause of d-smash at the tourney. Oh well. :(

EDIT: I shall call that brilliant and manly technique "Suishine". soo-a-shine.

Ratatat

Smash Apprentice
D:
i dont care i still like his side taunt its the cutest yet scariest thing i've ever seen.

i know its pretty early but
next tournament?
melee and/or brawl? anyone have any ideas?

Bwett

Smash Ace
bwet u was the ike I was playin?.lol I didn't even notice your Ike had me stressed fo a little bit there. thats was a good set we played. that was u right? ness vs ike on the animal crossing stage?
I don't think I played a ness in the tournament. I had the name tag bwett. I think there was one other Ike with a name beginning with an A...something, I dunno. lol

Zanyruki

Smash Rookie
Did anyone else notice how there were a lot of the same characters at the tourny? I don't recall seeing any Marios, Links (there were several Toon Links), Peachs, Yoshis, I heard there was a Wario, I saw one Olimar, Samus, ROB, Zelda, Gannondarf, or Jigglypuff. There were like, a bajillion Pikachus though. Effing dsmash.

Also Slacker, I have that same problem too, but since my bro plays Pika, I learned to always DI both climbers to the same side.

K.G.

Smash Apprentice
ha yah and i think i was 2 stocked both times.
im not sure why i always pick DK he's not my secondary or anything i dont play with him. it's just... i dont know, i think its the tie.

i've decided to take up DeDeDe though just because i like his side taunt. maybe his hammer can finally **** pika up.

K.G= did we play friendlies in melee? im not sure but i think we did?..
I don't know I can't remember. what was the match up?

Fonix

Smash Cadet
I saw a couple of links. There were definitely a lot of Toon Links. I saw a few Ikes(I was one). However I was surprised at how many different characters were being used.

W1ld Card

Smash Rookie
hey every one . Im new to this forum but not new to smash . I live in the north dallas area and just wanted to ask if there is any good places to get some casual gaming in ? do u guys meet up or what ?

TXGamers.com

Smash Apprentice
It was double elimination?!?! I forgot.. agh, I think I'm ********... -___-
You and 4 or 5 other people... Next time I will have to tell everyone when things start... LOL, I tried to find everyone, even delayed missing players games till later then ask again..

i know its pretty early but
next tournament?
melee and/or brawl? anyone have any ideas?
Do not know about anyone else but I would like to see one not to far off... :) That was the most fun I have had running a tournament in a long time!

hey every one . Im new to this forum but not new to smash . I live in the north dallas area and just wanted to ask if there is any good places to get some casual gaming in ? do u guys meet up or what ?
Keep checking back in this thead and the Garland/Richardson/Plano thead and who every had anything going on will have it posted here!!

milkshake33

Smash Apprentice
good tournament guys...... ill be on in like 10 minutes if anyone wants to play (apparently the most hated but cutest, most addorible thing in the entire world)..... I honestly dont see how pika isn't looked up upon in brawl... i know the mock tiers dont matter but shes always in like middle-botton tier.... o well i think pika should be high to top...... anyways congrats to blue and zac

tac0

Smash Journeyman
Word filters?
yoshi
pit
bowser
solid snake
sonic
roy

EDIT: I lol'd, roy wasn't special enough to get one.

The list goes on
wario
kirby
pikachu
lucas
ness
game and watch
luigi
captain olimar
kinda DeDeDe
Peach
pokemon trainer
falco
fox
wolf
mario
link
toon link
ROB
captain falcon
sheik
zelda
ganondorf
samus
metaknight
ike
jigglypuff
ice climbers
diddy kong
donkey kong

EDIT:X2
I wonder if it's also stuf that aren't characters, stock was coin, so maybe other things are changed as well.
l cancel
time
smash bros
brawl
melee
master hand

Vat- Zero

Smash Journeyman
Yo, this is Vat- Zero. Less than 3 days before the big Goop tourney

"Goop's AZ Brawl Tourney"

When:
- On Saturday April 5th

Where:
- 4533 S. Mill Ave. Tempe, AZ 85282

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
AAAAAAWWWWWW YEEEEEAAAAAAH

We present:

Regelio (slacker is dumb cheapo chaingrabbo): The Smashfest

When: THIS SATURDAY (April 5th) 3pm-10pm
Where: 2503 Via Avenida. Carrollton TX 75006
How: $5 entry fee (so we can order pizza+drinks)

So far we got 3 setups (Wii/GC + TV is a full setup along w/ cables) so that means 2 brawls and 1 melee. Tell us if you're coming & if you can bring a setup (if you bring FULL setup you get in for free)! Post here or call us: 469 226 9727

yaayuhzz!!
See you Saturday, yo.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom