• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Stuff

Status
Not open for further replies.

Fonix

Smash Cadet
Well if I can't manage to find someone to go to nascar with me(I was given 2 tickets for saturday and 2 for sunday), I'm going to have to give them away. If that's the case I'll probably play even though Carrollton is about an hour drive for me.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
yo bzaft, you mind adding everyone who says they're coming to the first post? I'd be easier for me to just click on the topic instead of rereading it every time. . . even though not many people have been posting the last few days.

So far I got:
Infinity
Steve & Derek

and about 5 other of my homiez

sooo yeaaaah come on people this is gonna be epic

yayyyjuzhhz
I prolly won't be there on time, I usually don't wake up until like 2 and have a couple things to do before I come play; but I'm there fo sho :p

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Scav going is reason enough for all you jokers to get off your Wifi and come.

I'll bring a setup. I'll make sure to bring Melee as well.

EDIT: Nevermind, looks like we can't. Only these people can go:
reku68
capote
byah
ubaldo
neej
cory
chris
carlos
jr
baxter
thatoneguy
sherry
regelio
slacker

bluezaft

The True Zaft
What on earth are you talking about?

Hey Scav, maybe we can play with UTD kids tomorrow?

chronoize

Smash Journeyman
aww i was looking foward to that tournie. I'd appreciate it if someone lets me know if another tournie is coming to dallas area.

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
It's cause our host won't be home guys. Because of that, he wants a limited number of people. If he was home, he'd be able to see how things go and see if he'd want to do it again (it's his first time). Sorry guys, we'll 100% make it up to you guys. We are planning on renting the reck center in a couple of weeks so we pretty much get full control. Thanks for understanding (hopefully).

BluMilk

Smash Apprentice
i think F4l died....

omg i am so bored; another saturday and still no smash for me.

I think im gonna go burn something.....

VulgarHandGestures

Smash Journeyman
everybody get on the irc... i've been looking for a match forever. since the friend finder is down i practically have to hunt down my matches... and then they just run from me the whole time anyway e_e

bluezaft

The True Zaft
Scav, Bwett, and I should be playing around 6 today. If anyone wants to come (especially if you've got a TV!) let me know.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
Scav, Bwett, and I should be playing around 6 today. If anyone wants to come (especially if you've got a TV!) let me know.
Figures that my internet would go down and I miss out on this. Lame². </complain>

Edit - I just remembered this. Brawl Tournament at The Gaming Center in Fort Worth on April 19th. I know the entry fee is $5, don't remember what time it starts so I'll have to find out tomorrow. The address is 5519 S. Hulen St Fort Worth, TX USA 76132 (go go gadget copy-paste). To get there from Dallas, take 20 west, exit Hulen and turn left. It'll be in a shopping center on the left after the third traffic light, about a mile or so down the road. I don't think they're having anything for Melee.

isidro

Smash Apprentice
slacker and anyone else i played im at my brothernlaws house and their sister was downloading a movie so the lag was really bad.
blue: tourney for both ssbm and ssbb?

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I'm calling the place tomorrow to get the info for the tournament and see if they're doing one for both or not. If not I'll try and convince them to have a Melee tournament too so Zaft can steal everyone's money again.

DoH

meleeitonme.tumblr.com
I'm calling the place tomorrow to get the info for the tournament and see if they're doing one for both or not. If not I'll try and convince them to have a Melee tournament too so DoH can steal everyone's money again.
fix'd/10charizards.

Infinitysmash

Smash Champion
I'm calling the place tomorrow to get the info for the tournament and see if they're doing one for both or not. If not I'll try and convince them to have a Melee tournament too so Zaft can steal everyone's money again.
When - April 19th
Registration begins at 2pm, tournament starts at 4pm (there will also be tournaments for Fatal Fury Special, Marvel vs Capcom 1, and some other game I don't remember if anyone is interested in those. There is no Melee tournament planned at this time; the tournament is NOT being organized by store owner and I am unable to get a contact number for the dude who's hosting to try and convince him to have a Melee one as well, but I'm sure if there's enough interest from the people there at the time he'll be happy to have one.)

Where - The Gaming Center
5519 S. Hulen St
Fort Worth, TX USA 76132
To get there from Dallas, take 20 west, exit Hulen and turn left. It'll be in a shopping center on the left after the third traffic light, about a mile or so down the road.

Costs - $7 cover charge, $5 entry to the tournament

Prize Support
1st - 70% of entries
2nd - 20% of entries
3rd - 10% of entries

Extra Information
The Gaming Center only has one Wii and 2 TVs to my knowledge. I'll be bringing my Wii and a spare 19inch TV I have to make things go smoother, but if anyone could bring extras as well that would help smooth things over a lot. See y'all there :p

chic

Smash Ace
Cool! I live in Fort worth! I think my bro and I are going to come to this :)

Just a few questions tho...

How many people are expected to go? I don't want to go if there isn't going to be a decent turn out/prizepot. Also, like someone above just asked, is there a doubles tourny as well?

Thanks!

slacker!

Smash Journeyman
Cool! I live in Fort worth! I think my bro and I are going to come to this :)

Just a few questions tho...

How many people are expected to go? I don't want to go if there isn't going to be a decent turn out/prizepot. Also, like someone above just asked, is there a doubles tourny as well?

Thanks!
Probably around 60.

EDIT: Someone, ANYONE, play me on Wifi. :( I've been bored the whole day.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom