• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas/Fort Worth! - www.twitch.tv/tourneylocator at 7pm on Thursdays

BlinkIV

Avenger
True. Should've added Shuttle Loop to cover my bases. =P
Haha, agreed. Should have seen that comin. I mean, sure Metaknight has a Sword and Bat Wings, but Zero's got a Buster, a Saber, and he can utilize his mobility to his advantage, also counting in the various skills he does learn from the X games. Heck, even the EX Skills from the Megaman Zero series.

BlinkIV

Avenger
I was thinking that maybe Young Link from Majora's Mask might be the best option because he holds 8 bottles (so up to 8 fairies) and has 20 hearts instead of like 6 or 7 like FSA and the fairies in MM heal you completely instead of by 7 like in aLttP. In addition, Young Link also gets the magic upgrade where he takes half damage and last but not least, he has access to the Fierce Diety Mask which makes him Fierce Diety Link, a really huge upgrade that actually doesn't use magic, so there is no real drawback other than the sword becomes his only weapon (the fairies in the bottle still work however).

To describe the capabilities of Fierce Diety Link, first of all, he is twice as tall as Adult Link! He doesn't actually have a sheild, so defending might be a little iffy (he just turns his sword sideways to block), but Fierce Diety is usually played extremely aggressive anyways. Fierce Diety has access to energy blasts that come out of his sword, and unlike other forms where the energy beams/blasts have a fair pace, he can shoot these out at incredible speeds. These energy blasts do use up a teeny-tiny amount of energy, but it's such a small amount it could take Samus a while to make him run out, and he could just simply use them carefully instead. Irrc, his sword is a lv4 sword (so it does 4 times the damage as the master sword which is a lv2 in most games).
You know, I can only see Majora's Mask Link putting up a decent challenge against Samus, mainly because of the Fierce Diety Mask, but the fight could be taken to much farther heights by Link using the other masks and Samus using different suits, I.E Zora Mask Link vs Samus in Gravity Suit underwater. Fierce Diety vs Phazon Infused Samus. You know? But Link could also use the Great Fairy Sword which does give him some hardcore range.

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Haha, agreed. Should have seen that comin. I mean, sure Metaknight has a Sword and Bat Wings, but Zero's got a Buster, a Saber, and he can utilize his mobility to his advantage, also counting in the various skills he does learn from the X games. Heck, even the EX Skills from the Megaman Zero series.
Yes, BUT... Metaknight can hold down, hit B, tap up on the C-Stick and not afraid of anything.
Unless that's banned by tournament rules, in which case it's anyone's game.

Labernash

Smash Lord
And the Great Fairy's Sword is just as fast as the other swords. MM Link could use the GIANT'S MASK!! STOMP YOU OUT SON!!!! TWELVE!!!! TWELVE!!!

EDIT: and you couldn't hit MK out of Nado in the Kirby games. But Kirby > MK anyway.

Neon!

Smash Lord
I was thinking that maybe Young Link from Majora's Mask might be the best option because he holds 8 bottles (so up to 8 fairies) and has 20 hearts instead of like 6 or 7 like FSA and the fairies in MM heal you completely instead of by 7 like in aLttP. In addition, Young Link also gets the magic upgrade where he takes half damage and last but not least, he has access to the Fierce Diety Mask which makes him Fierce Diety Link, a really huge upgrade that actually doesn't use magic, so there is no real drawback other than the sword becomes his only weapon (the fairies in the bottle still work however).

To describe the capabilities of Fierce Diety Link, first of all, he is twice as tall as Adult Link! He doesn't actually have a sheild, so defending might be a little iffy (he just turns his sword sideways to block), but Fierce Diety is usually played extremely aggressive anyways. Fierce Diety has access to energy blasts that come out of his sword, and unlike other forms where the energy beams/blasts have a fair pace, he can shoot these out at incredible speeds. These energy blasts do use up a teeny-tiny amount of energy, but it's such a small amount it could take Samus a while to make him run out, and he could just simply use them carefully instead. Irrc, his sword is a lv4 sword (so it does 4 times the damage as the master sword which is a lv2 in most games).
Thank you for describing fierce deity link who i was not familiar with. Apparently you did not read either of my posts from about 2 hours ago though, Samus is superior in every way and I've backed up all my points with evidence from wiki's from both games.

Anyone who wants to continue arguing for Link needs to read these 2 posts otherwise I'll be saying the same things over and over.
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14319673&postcount=5868
http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14319768&postcount=5876
Summary of these two posts: Link cannot damage Samus (PED fully corrupted suit and screw attack) in real time or stopped time meaning he would eventually have to fight samus in real time where he would get destroyed by Samus's superior arseneal that penetrate "invincible" shields or kill link by sending him to another dimension

BlinkIV

Avenger
Yes, BUT... Metaknight can hold down, hit B, tap up on the C-Stick and not afraid of anything.
Unless that's banned by tournament rules, in which case it's anyone's game.
Yo, are we talking SSBB Metaknight against Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Zero? Or them in general? Because, I could just pop X-Factor.

BlinkIV

Avenger
And the Great Fairy's Sword is just as fast as the other swords. MM Link could use the GIANT'S MASK!! STOMP YOU OUT SON!!!! TWELVE!!!! TWELVE!!!

EDIT: and you couldn't hit MK out of Nado in the Kirby games. But Kirby > MK anyway.
Yeah but your missing a point, you could only use the Giant's Mask AGAINST THE BOSS OF THE STONE TOWER TEMPLE, DUH! About yeah, you couldn't hit him out of it but, it's still easy as hell to dodge.

Labernash

Smash Lord
Yeah but your missing a point, you could only use the Giant's Mask AGAINST THE BOSS OF THE STONE TOWER TEMPLE, DUH! About yeah, you couldn't hit him out of it but, it's still easy as hell to dodge.
He has the Triforce.

And easy to dodge... if your... THE ALMIGHTY KIRBY!!!

Sky Pirate

The best defense is a lot of frigging healing
NNID
SkyPirateCoud
3DS FC
1590-4884-8497
Yo, are we talking SSBB Metaknight against Ultimate Marvel Vs Capcom 3 Zero? Or them in general? Because, I could just pop X-Factor.
I have no clue. I kind of got lost somewhere along the way. ^^;
I'm fairly certain that X-factor doesn't beat Infinite Dimensional Cape, though.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
ALSM Method = Nothing beats the triforce, it's my only argument. Even someone who knows Link/Zelda as much as he should....should know that Link never uses the Triforce for power reasons. The Triforce was only created to destroy evil, and Ganon is clearly evil. Samus is actually a hero, saving worlds from the threat of all kinds of Metroid-like creations.

Let's give Link stupid "frame" data to try and back up my original, flawed attitude because I suck at debating.

Problemo Method = Lets talk about his tools/options instead of saying he's the best at everything like a childish fanboy with no brain.

I love Falcon, but I don't put him on a ridiculous pedestal.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
I smell ya, Batou.

So Neon, what is Samus' answer to the Triforce? You know Link can be invincible/untouchable as well. Trying to send Link to another dimension? Song of Time to reset the situation. You know how broken that is? Samus wouldn't be able to touch Link either, if you want to play that way.

Also, you don't have to be necessarily evil to be vanquished by Light arrows.

Isn't there a consensus that
Magic > Technology anyways? Have you learned nothing from Harry Potter?

:phone:

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
The Triforce actually has no concept of good or evil, only the goddesses do. The Triforce was made to give mortals hope and significance because otherwise, they would always be 100% at the mercy of the gods. A person who has the entire Triforce has the strength to defy the gods.

However, even though Link has been shown to get a hold of the Triforce several times, he has never held onto it for long. He merely uses it to correct what evil has done to the world, then he locks it away, perhaps because he knows the temptation that arrises from it or because having the Triforce would make life too complicated and he would rather not be in charge and take responsibility his entire life. It's his nature to save the world only when it's in peril, then disappear back into mystery.

NeoBatou

Smash Ace
I smell ya, Batou.

So Neon, what is Samus' answer to the Triforce? You know Link can be invincible/untouchable as well. Trying to send Link to another dimension? Song of Time to reset the situation. You know how broken that is? Samus wouldn't be able to touch Link either, if you want to play that way.

Also, you don't have to be necessarily evil to be vanquished by Light arrows.

Isn't there a consensus that
Magic > Technology anyways? Have you learned nothing from Harry Potter?

Harry Potter isn't in this equation though, so no go.

Link wasn't meant to become broken with the triforce.....he understands the balance of power...like the checks and balance system.

AeroLink_the_SoulMaster

Let's rock, baby!
^ Checks and balances? WTF are you saying? GET OUT. We're talking about two opponents at their very best (that means Link using the Triforce to accomplish the victory).

Magic > Technology,

Therefore, Link has priority over Samus when it comes to the descriptions of moves. Meaning for example, Cane of Byrna will protect Link from any damage Samus tries to output, whether that be the Sonic Boom, Diffusion missiles, Annihilator Beam, etc.

BlinkIV

Avenger
^ Checks and balances? WTF are you saying? GET OUT. We're talking about two opponents at their very best (that means Link using the Triforce to accomplish the victory).

Magic > Technology,

Therefore, Link has priority over Samus when it comes to the descriptions of moves. Meaning for example, Cane of Byrna will protect Link from any damage Samus tries to output, whether that be the Sonic Boom, Diffusion missiles, Annihilator Beam, etc.

From what your saying, are you stating Link vs Samus or Samus vs the Triforce?

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0

Magic > Technology,

If you're going to use Harry Potter as a source of magic > technology, remember that magic beat current technology. They say nothing about futuristic sci-fi technology. Also, there is no evidence to support that magic > technology in Zelda games. Most magic is simply energy balls, time flow mechanics, or setting something on fire.

Also, does the dimension Link gets sent to a vacuum? You can't create sound in a vacuum, let alone breath to play the Ocarina.

But don't think I'm only disecting ALSM's arguments.

What's this BS about traveling across light have anything to do with fighting Link? Are you gonna walk across Link's light arrows as they're fired? That doesn't even make sense. Show me an example from the game where Samus just walks across a beam shot by another enemy.

No that's not the way the light suit works. The light suit works with specifically created systems that were designed to use light as means of transportation. You can't magically go beyond the speed of light with the light suit alone. It just creates compatibility with light transportation systems.

I'll post more arguments later, but I'm going to go back to studying.

BlinkIV

Avenger
If you're going to use Harry Potter as a source of magic > technology, remember that magic beat current technology. They say nothing about futuristic sci-fi technology. Also, there is no evidence to support that magic > technology in Zelda games. Most magic is simply energy balls, time flow mechanics, or setting something on fire.

Also, does the dimension Link gets sent to a vacuum? You can't create sound in a vacuum, let alone breath to play the Ocarina.

What's this BS about traveling across light have anything to do with fighting Link? Are you gonna walk across Link's light arrows as they're fired? That doesn't even make sense. Show me an example from the game where Samus just walks across a beam shot by another enemy.

No that's not the way the light suit works. The light suit works with specifically created systems that were designed to use light as means of transportation. You can't magically go beyond the speed of light with the light suit alone. It just creates compatibility with light transportation systems.

At least your arguments are presentable and well thought of.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
LMAO!!!!!!
I can't believe I missed all of this.
Anyway.
Reasoning:
Link has PLENTY of tools that would be advantageous to this fight. Though I'm not familiar with every name for every item, he's got things that make him invincible, invisible, powerful, bigger, faster, stronger, and tougher. Light Arrows are a VERY good offense. Cane of Byrna is an extremely good defense. With these, and other various items, Link has plenty of options to make this a fair fight, if not in his favor.
HOWEVER!
The reason Link losses this fight is not because he's not strong enough or fast enough or motivated enough or TriForced enough. It's because he would ultimately lose in a battle of tactics. Links fatal flaws are those of stamina and range. The only problem Samus might have are dealing with light arrows. Assuming these bad boys are lethal to our space girl, shed have to dodge these while shooting back, or simply running away until link depletes his supply. ALSM stated that link can have up to 100 arrows at once, so a smart Samus would be dodging and firing back, be it plasma beams, hyper beams, wave beams, or her phazon induced gattling lookin charge shot. Links second fatal flaw is that he cannot have more than one item out at a time, save for shield and sword. And if any beams did not work against the shield, missiles are the next best bet. It's a well known fact that in Zelda games, you still get hurt for trying to shield explosions. And since the mirror shield only reflects beams of light and whatever, the explosions of missiles would hurt link because of blast radius and/or the encasing of ice, since the missiles do get upgraded to ice missiles. And links third fatal flaw is that, with all his magic and many varies and potions at his disposal, they are greatly limited in amount compared to samus' arsenal. Link gets hurt, fairy. Link runs out magic, potion. Rinse and repeat. But how many times does this grant him? Eight refills depending on what's in links bottles. This means he'd have to distribute between how he'd be supplied for battle. And even then, samus' superior range and speed of attacks would force him to use his supplies quickly, or suffer being defeated right off the bat. Samus' ship is also usable via remote control from her suit, giving yet another powerful stance that is movable from a far range, thus making the fight two one from various locations, and even being able to excite a pincer like movement with the use of the ship to corner link and force even more usage of supplies or making a rash decision to avoid harm.
This battle is decided in who is more prepared for a long, drawn out, battleship type war. Long range, mid range, and close range, samus excels in having one or two weapons that put link in bad situation.
Both games are fun, great. Both heroes are awesome. Both of them suck in brawl. But in a smarter world, which is where our heroes would meet, Samus would win.

Denti

Smash Master
So I got to thinking about this Link vs Samus thing today

Samus has Link out classed in gadgets that's for sure. But I thought about it, so what if Samus kills Link, he's just going to get his ***** *** reincarnated like he always does and come back. Samus will die of age, Link will live forever. The ultimate time out.

DiSQO_BuNNY

Smash Lord
NNID
DisqoBunny
So I got to thinking about this Link vs Samus thing today

Samus has Link out classed in gadgets that's for sure. But I thought about it, so what if Samus kills Link, he's just going to get his ***** *** reincarnated like he always does and come back. Samus will die of age, Link will live forever. The ultimate time out.
Almost. Reincarnations don't remember things from previous lives.

Neon!

Smash Lord
I wanted to make a serious counter argument but I died laughing at “does the dimension Link gets sent to a vacuum? You can't create sound in a vacuum, let alone breath to play the Ocarina.” This argument is going WAY farther than I thought it would LOL. You caught me on the Light suit part though, I just added that because it sounded cool although it would probably not come into play with a battle between these two characters.

Problemo and ALSM have both presented very good arguments for Link but I still believe Samus has better offensive and defensive options primarily because Link will eventually run out of magic which is his only option for defense. This is why advanced technology is better than magic.

Anyone who wants to argue that Link’s ability to stop time would somehow win him this battle need to read this first: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14319673&postcount=5868

Light arrows would not affect Samus any more than regular arrows, she is not an evil entity like ganon or his minions. The same goes for the master sword. Samus with all of her suit upgrades and health can withstand ridiculous amounts of damage: She is not affected by lava (or any heat 2000 F or less for reference) and her suit can survive a dozen plasma grenades. She can travel at 7,600 mph with her speed booster (yes I have a reference) http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Speed_Booster and can float/fly indefinitely while enveloped in a rotating energy blade of destruction http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Screw_Attack

When Samus is in hypermode at the end of Prime 3 (where it doesn’t eat away at her health) she exude’s phazon: “The mutagen is highly poisonous and corrosive, contact with Phazon will result in immediate death or mutation in seconds” http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Phazon

Phazon is also radioactive and Samus is eqipped with a phazon beam at the end of that game as well which emit particles of ionized radiation that have the ability to cause DNA damage and trigger mutations. Phazon obviously doesn’t exist in the real world and is never given a scientific description in the games but its radioactive properties match closest with that of gamma rays which can penetrate nearly any substance except large amounts of lead or depleted uranium. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_rays Link’s “shields” are no match for gamma radiation waves, Link never had to combat weapons that produce such a large amount of radiation.

As Disqo said Link is known for his weakness to explosions, as everyone has already mentioned Samus of course has power bombs but how powerful are they? “Create a large superheated explosion that can incinerate organic matter instantaneously” http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Power_bombs

Samus can kill Link by mutating him with massive amounts of radiation, decimating him with superheated explosions, generating bursts of sonic waves that create a distortion field and can even create a rift and send him to another dimension http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Dark_burst

Fairies are not saving Link in these situations, even if they do he will eventually run out of them. Link is not a god and I think it’s plain to see that Samus is superior in every manner in this battle.

z00ted

The Assault of Laughter ﷼
Samus would win.

Denti, why you cheating on AiB bro? LOL

Labernash

Smash Lord
Almost. Reincarnations don't remember things from previous lives.

According to Hindu beliefs, it does, infact. If you are good, you go to higher Caste. If you're bad, you go to a lower Caste.

All this is pointless, however, as neither fighters practice Hindu. But, Link can save with a Start and B, while Samus has to find her capsule thing.

Denti

Smash Master
Samus would win.

Denti, why you cheating on AiB bro? LOL
Lol okay so what has Roy been saying? I don't really feel like reading his blog or whatever. I know I won and I've dealt with disputers before, they all eventually go away. I talked with a couple mods and they told me Roy has a history of disputing this season.

Neon!

Smash Lord
*waits for problemo or alsm's response*

I swear if anyone uses "but the triforce" I'm going to punch a baby squirrel.

Denti

Smash Master
Lots of things have been said, salt has spilled everywhere.
Lol so I'm reading his blog. Damn, everyone hates me and hasn't gone out of their way to ask me anything! The two people who've contacted me went to his page and stated a defense for me, but then everyone shot them down LOL. I don't even know if I should post in this!!!!! It looks like suicide! I had no idea so many people hated me on wifi. Somebody disliked me for beating his Link and not leaving any feedback! wtf is this!!! XD

edit: *****es judging my personality from a wifi ladder chat match!! I don't even know these people but apparently they know me well enough to know if i'm a liar or not just from one wifi ladder match with me that happened god knows when!

Neon!

Smash Lord
Lol so I'm reading his blog. Damn, everyone hates me and hasn't gone out of their way to ask me anything! The two people who've contacted me went to his page and stated a defense for me, but then everyone shot them down LOL. I don't even know if I should post in this!!!!! It looks like suicide! I had no idea so many people hated me on wifi. Somebody disliked me for beating his Link and not leaving any feedback! wtf is this!!! XD
olimar.

that is all.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
I wanted to make a serious counter argument but I died laughing at “does the dimension Link gets sent to a vacuum? You can't create sound in a vacuum, let alone breath to play the Ocarina.” This argument is going WAY farther than I thought it would LOL. You caught me on the Light suit part though, I just added that because it sounded cool although it would probably not come into play with a battle between these two characters.

Problemo and ALSM have both presented very good arguments for Link but I still believe Samus has better offensive and defensive options primarily because Link will eventually run out of magic which is his only option for defense. This is why advanced technology is better than magic.

Anyone who wants to argue that Link’s ability to stop time would somehow win him this battle need to read this first: http://www.smashboards.com/showpost.php?p=14319673&postcount=5868

Light arrows would not affect Samus any more than regular arrows, she is not an evil entity like ganon or his minions. The same goes for the master sword. Samus with all of her suit upgrades and health can withstand ridiculous amounts of damage: She is not affected by lava (or any heat 2000 F or less for reference) and her suit can survive a dozen plasma grenades. She can travel at 7,600 mph with her speed booster (yes I have a reference) http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Speed_Booster and can float/fly indefinitely while enveloped in a rotating energy blade of destruction http://metroid.wikia.com/wiki/Screw_Attack

Samus's most powerful suit is the Phazon suit right? The one that if she overextends with turns her into Dark Samus (and would imply that it's an evil source of power)? http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FIBnv2Jw-po This alone would give Link a lot more leverage in the fight if she was to use this suit. Even though Samus herself is a good person, the weaponry is based upon darkness, which the Master Sword can repel. In Twilight Princess, Link is cursed and transformed into a Wofl by darkness, but just by merely touching the Sword's handle, the curse was broken and the artifact that caused the curse was extracted from Link's body, which he kept to control.

When Samus is in hypermode at the end of Prime 3 (where it doesn’t eat away at her health) she exude’s phazon: “The mutagen is highly poisonous and corrosive, contact with Phazon will result in immediate death or mutation in seconds” http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Phazon

Phazon is also radioactive and Samus is eqipped with a phazon beam at the end of that game as well which emit particles of ionized radiation that have the ability to cause DNA damage and trigger mutations. Phazon obviously doesn’t exist in the real world and is never given a scientific description in the games but its radioactive properties match closest with that of gamma rays which can penetrate nearly any substance except large amounts of lead or depleted uranium. http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gamma_rays Link’s “shields” are no match for gamma radiation waves, Link never had to combat weapons that produce such a large amount of radiation.

As Disqo said Link is known for his weakness to explosions, as everyone has already mentioned Samus of course has power bombs but how powerful are they? “Create a large superheated explosion that can incinerate organic matter instantaneously” http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Power_bombs

Link has the goron tunic from OoT or the more powerful Fire Resistant Earrings from Skyward Sword that makes Link completely impervious to heat. Yes, Link can be standing on fire in Skyward Sword and not be hurt.

Samus can kill Link by mutating him with massive amounts of radiation, decimating him with superheated explosions, generating bursts of sonic waves that create a distortion field and can even create a rift and send him to another dimension http://www.metroidwiki.org/wiki/Dark_burst

Link's shadow and companion, Midna, can teleport link through already created dimensional rifts with no effort. This is done several times in Twilight Princess. In fact, she has been able to teleport extremely large objects like a bridge (remember from SSBB?)

Fairies are not saving Link in these situations, even if they do he will eventually run out of them. Link is not a god and I think it’s plain to see that Samus is superior in every manner in this battle.
In the end, Samus wins anyways. I really enjoyed testing how far we could take this though, but the biggest issue is the firing output and speed of Samus which would outdo the the firing output of Link. Not to say Link is as slow as he is in Smash, but his options while dashing on the pegasus boots is very limited and still not as great compared to Samus's speed attacks. Link's greatest hope would be if Samus's Phazon were considered 'evil', but that's a bit of a grey area. This would allow Link to repel them with his Master Sword. He can even repel particles floating around with it, as he's done it in one of the temples of Twilight Princess.

Good games everyone. Fun Debate.

Neon!

Smash Lord
My realization of how broken both of these characters are has now doubled lol.

Defining phazon itself as "evil" would be incorrect since a substance with no soul or mind can be "evil"

I'm not sure whether samus actually turns into Dark samus when she is corrupted to that degree. If we're assuming Link and Samus can use ALL of their abilities from ALL their games at once then technically Samus would have both the PED (Phazon Enhancement device) suit allowing her to absorb phazon and the actual Phazon suit from Metroid Prime 1 which makes her invulnerable to phazon meaning she could not be corrupted. In the highly debatable case that samus actually would turn into dark samus during this fight against link I would doubt (though I really dont want to debate this since I'm tired of this discussion lol) that Link would lose since Dark Samus can teleport, turn invisible and regenerate indefnitely.

Link and Samus both have suits that allow them to walk in lava and remain unscathed but each of them can still be hurt by fire based attacks. Link's suit is not going to protect him against a bomb.

It Is never specified what type of dimension that Samus’s Dark burst attack sends enemies to, if they were sent into outer space (which is what 99.99999999% of the unverse is made of) then link would die instantly.

ggs, I enjoyed this debate very much.

Top Bottom