• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dallas Fort Worth tourny OMG

swift

Smash Journeyman
Hello All my Dallas/Fort Worth Smashers!

I am hosting A Melee tourny and Denti is hosting a brawl tourny called OMG. It is going to be legit;) OMG is going to be a once a month event and I will be hosting it on a Friday night. We need to revive Melee and keep brawl alive. I will be Having a once a month event like this can help us see how we rank and it will also let us see who is still playing. (Look below for the info)

SPECIFIC location Some of you have wondered if it was at my house. The answer is no. DO Not look for a house. It is at Alliance Baptist church on the second floor. Just turn into the parking lot.

DATE October 21th 2011

Entry Fee Singles- $5 each Doubles- $10 per team.
(By the way if you bring a TV and a gamecube or wii with a melee disk, I will only charge you $5 per Double team. That's $2.50 per person! That's a good deal!!!!:awesome:)

Rules Look for MBR ruleset in the melee and brawl thread if you are not familiar with the rules. Everyone will strike a stage until one is decided. First person will strike one stage, the second person strikes two stages and then you take turns striking one stage at a time from there. Everyone can wobble except for Wobbles!!!!!!!!! :)

Time Doubles start at 7 P.M Singles will start around 8:00-8:30 P.M.

Extra Stuff O.M.G is not just for Melee. OMG has a huge variety of games that people play. OMG normally lasts untill one in the morning. There will also be other tournies there as well and you also have a lot of people that just play for fun so invite your friends! Here are the Games that will be played there.

MVC 3
COD Black ops
Modern Warfare 2
Halo 3
Left for dead 2
Super Mario (old school)
Super Mario World
Duck Hunt
Mortal Kombat
Mario Party
Brawl
Project M Demo
And much more.... (That's just off the top of my head.)

After party It has been an OMG tradition to go to Ihop afterwards so be prepared. the address to Ihop is 3860 Ne Loop 820, Fort Worth, TX 76137.

Extra info If you have any questions about Melee, My cell phone number is 817 913 8753. If you have any questions about Brawl Denti's number is 405-923-7133

Denti

Smash Master
This is literally accross the street from me... I'm not even kidding, I can see the church, beside the new 7 11 and all that.. wow, I might attend this for no good reason (since I'm not a melee player) other than it's a 1 min walking distance. Small world

Edit: Hey I was literally about to look for a venue for my brawl tournament on the 4th of June, I was really walking out the door, and now that I've seen this I was wondering if possibly I could hold a brawl tournament at this instead? On June 3rd Friday of course.. We could both create double hype for eachothers event within the smash community. PM me plz :)

swift

Smash Journeyman
This is literally accross the street from me... I'm not even kidding, I can see the church, beside the new 7 11 and all that.. wow, I might attend this for no good reason (since I'm not a melee player) other than it's a 1 min walking distance. Small world

Edit: Hey I was literally about to look for a venue for my brawl tournament on the 4th of June, I was really walking out the door, and now that I've seen this I was wondering if possibly I could hold a brawl tournament at this instead? On June 3rd Friday of course.. We could both create double hype for eachothers event within the smash community. PM me plz :)
I think that would be great. Sung remember that this is also a gamer event not just melee. Go ahead and announce your tourny for brawl in a separate thread and I will put it in mine.

SUNG475

Smash Ace
Swift is so gracious so friendly so loving. Except he's from the fancy crew, in which case the garbaggio crew must hate haha

Yea I kinda just went off it's that melee/brawl mentality sorry

swift

Smash Journeyman
Swift is so gracious so friendly so loving. Except he's from the fancy crew, in which case the garbaggio crew must hate haha

Yea I kinda just went off it's that melee/brawl mentality sorry
You Garbage crew are going down. Fancy crew will show you guys why we are the best crew in DFW. ;)

baka4moé

Smash Champion
hey just for reference's sake, would be a good idea to include results of past tournaments in the series? jw.

swift

Smash Journeyman
hey just for reference's sake, would be a good idea to include results of past tournaments in the series? jw.
:urg:.... I am stupid. I did not save the tourny results and I forgot to tranfer over in this new thread.... you need to be my administrator lol you always find what I should have done.

swift

Smash Journeyman
approximately what time will singles start?
The tourny will probably wont start on time. That is hard to say. It really depends on how many people we have in doubles. More people means it will take longer. Singles at the last OMG started around ten 0 clock, but I don't know about the next one. The only reason why we started singles late is because everybody wanted to get some friendlies in which is cool with me.

Problem2

Smash Champion
NNID
Problem0
It was very convenient that they started as late as they did last time bc of school work and all, but this time, it shouldn't get in the way. :D

Rapidwright

Smash Rookie
The tourny will probably wont start on time. That is hard to say. It really depends on how many people we have in doubles. More people means it will take longer. Singles at the last OMG started around ten 0 clock, but I don't know about the next one. The only reason why we started singles late is because everybody wanted to get some friendlies in which is cool with me.
What exactly do you mean by doubles? do you mean it will be teams or just double elimination?

SUNG475

Smash Ace
It will be teams first (double elimination) then singles after that (also double elimination)

swift

Smash Journeyman
Just a reminder bring cash because we will be having pizza and drinks at OMG. This is a way to make money for OMG and you guys get to be filled and less thirsty. The pizza is 5 bucks and the drinks are a dollar each. The pizza will be distributed at eight. I just wanted to let you know because we did not have pizza and drinks at the previous OMG.

Sars_Pirate

Smash Lord
I WANNA GO TO THIS!!!

This is the most likely OoS tourney that a large grouping of OK smashers can go to.

swift

Smash Journeyman
doh is quitting melee, you heard it here folks

let's play

where the hell is bluezaft
Doh is not quitting melee he is just moving and Bluezaft has moved to a different state. and problem I have more melee smashers confirmed to go to OMG than the last time. It's going to be legit.

toiletduck

Smash Rookie
This may sound dumb, but what time should people start showing up? And i'll be bringing like 5 people for the melee tourny;)

Top Bottom