• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Dair Spike VIDEO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
If only Pit can Spike like that all the time... Then those annoying cheap Falcos with the Chaingrabbing and Spiking will learn their lesson.

FzeroX

Smash Journeyman
I have talked to a friend who says that the sweet spot is the very tip of the sword. He has done it at high percents, like 100%, and spiked but has not got it recorded.

I really hope this is a real spike/meteor smash because it will make pit a much bigger force to be reckoned with.

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
me and my crew are testing it now (12:00 utah)very hard to do and kown I WOVE YOU FOR THIS. We have been brawling and playing war craft 3 for 4 days strait for our woot nomore high school party.

kupo15

Smash Hero
I still need to test by setting cpu on "jump" in training mode but if this is a spike, the timing is at the very tip of the sword, at the very end of the animation. How can we tell if this is DI or not?

Sometimes stating the obvious helps

kupo15

Smash Hero
You know, I think this isn't a fluke and is a sweetspot move and here is why I think so. I was looking at the slow mo (kown you have yet to credit me for helping >_> j/k :D) and at the hit, the screen freezes a bit like any other sweetspot move. Idk if my mind is making me believe it to be that or if the game has slight pauses like that for every move (or that move at least)

I am uploading pictures of the hit. hope it might help

BrawlBro

Smash Ace
Videos is interesting but I dont know if I would call it proof.

Look even if pits dair does spike the sweet spotage is so impossible that in like 4 months we have 1 video. Its probably not going to ever be useful in fighting.

kown

Smash Lord
EVERYONE THANK KUPO FOR UPLOADING MY SPIKE (hopefully).

also ive. noticed when performing the dair there's four parts to the dair. (the bow shows itself three distinct times throughout the move dviding the move into 4 parts). Im thinking you have to hit them in the first section but im unsure where exactly.

kupo15

Smash Hero
you didn't have to be obnoxious about it... For me, I try to credit everyone in my posts who helps and if someone tells me I didn't, I feel really bad and quickly mention them in the OP, not making it la huge scene. You should treat the people who help a little nicer or they will be inclined to not help in the future... sorry Im in a bad mood.

worldjem7

Smash Ace
I found that same line of light when I did the attack to a limp computer in training in Jump mode.

Methinks this is just DI like how there was a video of Toon Link D-smashing a zelda and killing her at 12% with it.

Of course I still think this should be tested further to make sure whether we can or can't spike/meteor smash with Pit's Dair.

Undrdog

#1 Super Grimer!
BRoomer
Well the Toon Link incident wasn't caused by simply bad DIing. That was an instance where he was on a slope which prevented the second hit of the D-Smash from connecting.

However at least for now I'm going to have to agree that this is probably a case of Smash DI.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
Hopefully that really was a spike, that would help so much xD.

(By the way, you have a really good pit Kown, I was sitting next to you when you had that pit ditto against that pit user using the fallen angel color).

Rebel581

Smash Champion
It may be a fluke, but deserves testing. Good luck on that. I know today, I was using Sheik and hit someone with my up+b. The guy flew upwards and then bounced off an invisible ceiling. We're still not sure what happened.

IF you guys can't find the spike, that would be my only explanation. This one definitely looks different than bouncing off an invisible ceiling...

DanGR

BRoomer
BRoomer
it might have been the angle of the hit rather than the tip of the sword.(like diagonal to pit or something.

Edit: Thanks kupo!!!!!!

kupo15

Smash Hero
The sheik thing I believe is the air effect from skeik reappearing. And I think it is DI. I did a Glide attack A yesterday and looked like the Utilt spike, Dair spike, Running A spike, its all DI imo unfortunately.

KRDsonic

Smash Master
It may be a fluke, but deserves testing. Good luck on that. I know today, I was using Sheik and hit someone with my up+b. The guy flew upwards and then bounced off an invisible ceiling. We're still not sure what happened.
Sheik's Up B stops people's momentum if you reappear by them, it's just a part of the move is all.

Ryazan

Smash Ace
Well if it's not really a spike, I'm not very upset. There's plenty of awesome Pit techniques to make up for it.

fox219

Smash Journeyman
EVERYONE THANK KUPO FOR UPLOADING MY SPIKE (hopefully).

also ive. noticed when performing the dair there's four parts to the dair. (the bow shows itself three distinct times throughout the move dviding the move into 4 parts). Im thinking you have to hit them in the first section but im unsure where exactly.
awesome !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Hayang

Smash Journeyman
Please don't necropost... I got so excited at the prospect of a confirmed dair spike D:

Pitzer

The Young Lion
NNID
Pitzer757
It looked like the marth smash di'd down by accident since he was fastfalling his nair....But very interesting if this is true! makes me happy

CorruptFate

The Corrupted
Its not ture, if you read the first few posts we already agreed it was smash DI....but your right if Pit players can get everyone to smash DI down against this attack Pit will have a spike =P.

Admiral Pit

Smash Hero
NNID
GoldAngelPit
3DS FC
0903-2895-3694
I did this on a TL once (i didnt kill him, -_-) and i got the replay of it. Maybe I should look at it again then see how i got it. Maybe it's a secret hitbox, but right now I'm gonna say it's bad DI.

kupo15

Smash Hero
inb4lock?

Srsly, can we lock this thread so it doesn't come back a fourth time? lol

And kown, why don't you delete that youtube vid already? False advertising is a crime.....

illinialex24

Smash Hero
That definitely looks like a spike because he got hit into the tech animation, unlike the supposed pound spike where they didn't get sent up because they were stuck in the tech animation. It could be a bad DI still though.

kown

Smash Lord
why should I delete it? maybe were still missing something...it wont hurt to keep it up anyways.

but to clarify...this is most likely a DI effect...i wouldnt say its bad DI.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom