• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

DA/EA Present: THINK FAST!!! SURPRISE HIDDEN GAUNTLET NO-JUTSU!!! 3/9/07

Kubuu

Smash Journeyman
*NOTE* TOURNEY STARTS AT 10 PM!!!!!!

Deadly Alliance: Making sure no one can say "I saw that one coming!"

COME ONE COME ALL!!! This Friday 3/9/07, we will be holding a special late night edition of The Gauntlet! It will be hosted at NYCLAN and we will be smashing it up from 10 pm till close. Pot distribution is 50% for first, 20% for second, and 10% for third.

BUT WAIT!!! That's not all!!

Top three winners will also win copies of Super Smash Brothers Brawl!! The copies will be guaranteed to the winners upon release of the title!

*TO THOSE WHO WANT TO PRE-REGISTER AND CONFIRM ATTENDANCE, EMAIL DAGAUNTLET@AIM.COM. Include the name you want to have entered in the tournament, and your crew affiliation for seeding purposes. If you don't have a crew, make one up and make sure all your friends submit the same crew name!*

A NEW LOCATION:226 WEST 4 STREET AT 7TH AVE NEW YORK, NY 10009
NAME OF PLACE IS : " NYCLAN" THERE WEBSITE WWW.NYCLAN.NET

That being said, here are the Gauntlet rules as usual:

Tournament Rules

•Double Elimination

•All matches are best of 3, with semi-finals best of 5 and finals best of 7.

•4 stock, 8 minute limit

•Ties broken by Sudden DEATH!!! Which means instead starting at 300%. both players will restart the SD and start other match with each 1 stock and 0% on a random stage.

•20 bux entrance fee for singles

Single Stages

•Single stages on random select: yoshi story, fountain of dreams, pokemon staduim, battlefield , dreamland, dk 64, final destination

•counter pick stages : brinstar, yoshi story, corneria, pokemon staduim, battlefield, dreamland, dk64, final destination, rainbow cruise Mute City, green greens,onett, jungle japes and poke floats

•Stages banned: venom, Hyrule Temple, Fourside, green greens ,Flatzone, Brinstar Depths, Icicle Mountain, Great Bay, MK1, yoshi’s island and Yoshi's Island 64

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------

•Other Rules - Controller mods of ANY kind (short-hop mod, L-trigger mod, etc), except for cosmetic changes (paint job, different colored plastic), are banned. If you are caught using a banned controller you will be disqualified from the tournament.

•Turbo or programmed buttons of any kind are banned. You may use third party controllers or pads that have these features, but if you are suspected of using the banned features you will not be allowed to use that controller any longer.

•Glitches used to stop your opponent from controlling their character or indefinitely freezing them (Mewtwo's Soul Stunner, the Ice Climber freeze glitch), or any glitch or trick that freezes the match or makes it in any way unfinishable are banned. Using them will result in the immediate forfeit of the match.

•Tactics such as Peach's Wallbombing and Jiggly's Rising Pound are allowed as methods of recovery or to manuever around the stage. Using them (or any similar tactics) to excessively stall a match, such as droping below levels intentionally and stalling underneath, is banned. Judges will be on the tournament floor can be called in at any time to enforce this rule during a match .NEW RULE!!!

•NEW COUNTER PICKING RULE:

loser of the match is allowed one or the other not both ( either counter pick character or counter pick stage when u lose not be able to counter pick stage and character if you lose the match). If losing player counter picks character the next stage will be picked at random from the random select stage list.

•Knock out rule: players on both sides are allowed to knock out 1 stage out of the whole set whether its on the random select or counter picks stage list

•also the stage on random select cannot come more then once only the counter picked stages can .

•cash prizes: cash prizes depends on how many people participates in the events the money is then divided by the top 3 places in singles.

(1vs1)singles: 1st: 50% of pot, 2nd 20% of pot, 3rd 10% of pot

*THE TOUREY WILL START AT 8:00pm SHARP*

-Once $$ is taken AND given to the owner of the place to take his/her cut NO REFUNDS can be made.
-no FIGHTING IF CAUGHT WILL BE BANNED FROM PLACE AND DISQUALIFIED WITHOUT REFUND AND ASK TO LEAVE BUILDING IF YOU DO NOT ABIDE BY THESE RULES YOU WILL BE ASKED TO LEAVE WITHOUT REFUND NOOO EXCEPTIONS!!!!!

If anyone has any questions, IM or PM me.
Hope to see you all there!!

EmperorTFGM

Smash Apprentice
Unfortunately we can't host it on Saturday because that day is booked. So we are aiming for those that can make it randomly because the last event that we had at NYCLAN was sub-par. This is why we are offering the Smash Brawl game as a sponsored prize. The most that I can advise you is to attend the KF tournament however if you lose early you can jet on over to the NYCLAN Tournament and try your skill there. So you get a second chance at winning for that day. Sorry that we can not do it on Saturday but this is the best that we can do at this time.

TriForce

EmperorTFGM

Smash Apprentice
WTF @ Brawl being watchama-wizzut?

*confused*
Basically in a nut shell the top 3 winners will win money and a sponsored prize of Smash brothers Brawl day 1 on Launch. and yes the winners will be given a receipt to ensure their prize when the game launches. Those winners can either pick up the game from our store in Bronx or pick up at future location TBA.

TriForce

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Quit smash Ace, lol. Teams and doubles, lol? :laugh:

Triforce, if I was in that competition of playing video games non-stop, I could've beaten you. :)

HipHopSpam

Smash Apprentice
i think this is singles only....and on top of that, YOU ARE KILLERFLEET, you're not supposed to leave your own tournament for a different one...quit

Hefaustos

Smash Journeyman
****...First off, Cleevr use of Naruto-puns for Headline
Now, im about 75% sure ill make it 2 this, cant be all that sure for my Crew though, lol, and yea, this is kinda surprising, so ill c what i can do

DAlegendarysamus

Smash Lord
Moment Of Clarity

LOOK PPL THIS MINI TOUNREY IS GOING TO STILL HAPPEN AT NYCLAN ITS NOT GOING TO START AT 8PM ANYMORE. IT WILL START AT ABOUT 11PM DIRECTLY AFTER THE KILLER FLEET TOUNREY. I WILL BE ATTENDING THE KILLER FLEET TOURNEY THEN FROM THERE WHOM EVER WANTS TO FOLLOW ME TO THIS THING CAN ITS STARTS LIKE 30 MINUTES TO AN HR AFTER KILLER FLEETS THINGS ITS FROM LIKE 11PM TO 3AM PPL SO ITS STILL GOING ON ONCE AGAIN OUT SO WE ARE DOING A da SLASH KILLER FLEET PASSOVER TOUNREY.

HipHopSpam

Smash Apprentice
LOOK PPL THIS MINI TOUNREY IS GOING TO STILL HAPPEN AT NYCLAN ITS NOT GOING TO START AT 8PM ANYMORE. IT WILL START AT ABOUT 11PM DIRECTLY AFTER THE KILLER FLEET TOUNREY. I WILL BE ATTENDING THE KILLER FLEET TOURNEY THEN FROM THERE WHOM EVER WANTS TO FOLLOW ME TO THIS THING CAN ITS STARTS LIKE 30 MINUTES TO AN HR AFTER KILLER FLEETS THINGS ITS FROM LIKE 11PM TO 3AM PPL SO ITS STILL GOING ON ONCE AGAIN OUT SO WE ARE DOING A da SLASH KILLER FLEET PASSOVER TOUNREY.
well put, sir

DJ Nintendo

Smash Champion
Teams didn't happen because singles took too long. Oh well, it was cool seeing final matches between Wes and Ace. Good sh*t to both of ya.

Wes gotta go to MySpace, lol.

Top Bottom