• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D1's Falco Vids (Best Falco in New York)

f0cus

Smash Cadet
holy ****, is it me or did the fountain of dreams backround soung on smashville when you were playing that ROB make the round like 100x more intense

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
It's a title given from multiple state wide tournaments advertised on smashboards Atlantic North thread. Why do people constantly think these titles are self proclaimed, especially with ones in big cities or states?

ftl

Smash Journeyman
So in these vids, you never got a cg->spike on the Fox... is that 'cuz its impossible with the right DI from Fox, or did you just mess up? Just curious.

NYassass1n

Smash Rookie
okay. so if hes recognized by state-wide tournaments as the best then my fault. But just by looking at his vids you couldent tell (particularly the one vs. NL's rob)

ANTi_

Smash Hero
okay. so if hes recognized by state-wide tournaments as the best then my fault. But just by looking at his vids you couldent tell (particularly the one vs. NL's rob)
GO TO SLEEP SON! *Pounds chest*
how come u never go to tournies red jesus.

TechnoMonster

Smash Ace
I feel like you are missing out on a lot of opportunities to set up an aggressive frame trap and that you need to use your jab as a mixup more instead of smashing or dodging.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
So in these vids, you never got a cg->spike on the Fox... is that 'cuz its impossible with the right DI from Fox, or did you just mess up? Just curious.
Fox falls too fast. Proper DI will keep him out of the spike. You're better off chaining into a gatling combo.

Donkey Bong

Smash Ace
fox just needs to DI toward the ledge to get saved from the spike. i played enough against Angel to figure this out the hard way lawlz

vKo

Smash Cadet
Nair's a good choice to hit ROB with, since he can sidestep Falco's Dair with that ridiculously long dodge.
I'll have to start usin' that.

Also, honestly..
To me is seems like your lasering isn't for mindgames.
Just straight, 'I just wanna' put damage on you :/' mentality.
And you hit with like 90% of 'em.
NICE.

Binx

Smash Master
Your pretty **** good, I kind of want to main diddy now though, it actually looks like diddy can do some cool things.

D1

Banned via Administration
TY ^_^ I don't really play flashy V_v...but I do love spamming lasers XD.

Btw to all those guys callin me out from NY from outta the BLUE...I NEVER see you guys in tournament nor did I hear of you guys getting any 1st place finishes.

If you want I can compile all of my 1st place finishes at multiple tournies outta state, and in NY just to stop the malarchy from the haters.

Btw if there's anyone in NY that mains Falco that wants to get at me...20 dollar MM best 3 outta 5 all neutrals only ^_^.

J4pu

Smash Champion
TY ^_^ I don't really play flashy V_v...but I do love spamming lasers XD.

Btw to all those guys callin me out from NY from outta the BLUE...I NEVER see you guys in tournament nor did I hear of you guys getting any 1st place finishes.

If you want I can compile all of my 1st place finishes at multiple tournies outta state, and in NY just to stop the malarchy from the haters.

Btw if there's anyone in NY that mains Falco that wants to get at me...20 dollar MM best 3 outta 5 all neutrals only ^_^.
But Falco dittos do not take skill into account nearly as much as normal battles, that's like asking to get shown up by someone lesser than you, unless you just assume the $20 part will make them run away with their tail between their legs.
Grab + Dair + Edgehog -Tripping = Stock

D1

Banned via Administration
Its not that...its just funny that I find ppl who don't even go to tournies try talk down to me just b/c they're judging me off of videos LOL.

Thats like seeing a bad M2K vid and doubting the fact that he's one of the best Marth's out there.

Anyways don't worry j, I am actually serious about the MMs ^_^. I actually wouldn't mind a challenge or two from anyone in this state.

Only Falcos I played so far in NY/NJ are like Keitaro, Khanti, and thats about it as far as regular tournament going Falcos go. Khanti's not even known but he's alright.

Anyways off to playing Battle Fantasia (PS3) for the night I'm sleepy.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Yeah I spam lasers too, but I love how you would wait for Fox to spot dodge then punish him with something, and the dash attack usage was really impressive too.

Also I don't see how people think the ROB video was bad, I guess people can't grasp the concept that you have to play differently for different matchups...

Dacke00

Smash Rookie
D1 is doing an good job of not being entirely elitist. But, it is hard to do when you think(not saying he is or isn't) you are part of the elite in your area. Look at sk92, he is full of himself to the biggest degree. He feeds off of people giving him attention for being good, while D1 may like the attention, he is more focused on the competition. Seemingly.

Sure, alot of people in this thread are on his nuts, and it does most likely make him feel...more validated as an awesome falco. He knew it was going to be like this while creating the thread, but it cannot be avoided, D1 was smart in showing videos of himself. People are going to critique him, which will do nothing but give him information either to accept or reject about his playstyle. And in turn, he will be able to offer some counter-arguments. Good for the community here.

Everything he has said seems to be backed up, but I would still like to see people in a thread like this stop gagging on his member and try and contribute more than just how they like his style.

And now for my contribution, I got knocked out of a palmdale tournament last night to a diddy.

Firstly, I noticed in the beginning of the match it was easy to reflect the bananas and trip him up. And start some attack strings. I was winning when we were both on the last stock....Then they playstyle switched to faking bananas into diddy's side b, which caught me off guard and I ended up losing the first match. I was unable to adapt for the second game and I lost the set.

I was contemplating though, A healthy mixture of reflector would be nice against the bananas, but also i think not getting caught up in the ground game is very important, jumping the bananas and maybe a nair or something would be good.

Banana control seems to be key, what do you guys have to say about how to control the bananas well as falco.

syco1337

Smash Rookie
nice falco...you seem to have a different style of falco than me and most other people. nice use of nair, but i do suggest using bair more, especially to KO since you had trouble KOing sometimes. nice spikes to kill ROB's 2nd stock btw...

OverLade

Smash Hero
Fox falls too fast. Proper DI will keep him out of the spike. You're better off chaining into a gatling combo.
You actually can spike him if you're fast enough. I think his Up B has enough range for him to survive if he jumps and curves it properly though.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
You actually can spike him if you're fast enough. I think his Up B has enough range for him to survive if he jumps and curves it properly though.
Even if you got the full grab to 45%? I've done it at 20 or so, but not after the full CG.

You can gimp his Up-B with a bair, though, so it's worth it if it's possible.

OverLade

Smash Hero
Even if you got the full grab to 45%? I've done it at 20 or so, but not after the full CG.

You can gimp his Up-B with a bair, though, so it's worth it if it's possible.
I'm pretty sure you can spike him after 4 chaingrabs. And Bair stage spike is win. :D

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Huh, I'll need to try it out. All my Fox playing friends have learned to DI out of the spike if I grab too many times. It makes sense that you'd want to grab fewer times if it meant a dair + bair edgeguard.

Top Bottom