• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D1's Falco Vids (Best Falco in New York)

neon..?

Smash Journeyman
wow really good falco. i thought u were going to win vs nl's diddly.

HMD

Smash Journeyman
everyone has there diffrent play styles and i ain't got shtz

pridy

:]
wow boring match. instead of camping so much, why not play more aggressive doubt ur the best falco in new york. alot of useless things were in your matches. Diddy is pretty easy to beat. Just control his bananas first and you'll dominate
I lold @ u u cant talk to D1 like that if you can't back it up with some videos
ur probly trying to act good but ur not

ZeroFox

Smash Lord
Nice Falco, I'm sure watching those videos will help me improve my Falco game. I'll need it too, since I just picked Falco up =P

tGwarr10r

Smash Apprentice
in a serious match falco's always will camp, i would know but in friendlies we'd play more for fun annoying how some idiots on this site think anyones playstyle makes them any worse then they are >_>

xDarkElement

Smash Journeyman
lol are you guys playing on wiimotes? because it seems that your reactions are so slow.
watch the vid with you and r00kie match 1, that fox sucks so bad. Half of the match he was just spot dodging and jumping randomly and shining out of no where. lol at 2:52. And somehow it was going to tied percentages. I quit brawl and my falco would **** you so bad that you would probally be 3-stocked.
I dont even need to chaingrab you either haha. I play fair on my matches.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
lol are you guys playing on wiimotes? because it seems that your reactions are so slow.
watch the vid with you and r00kie match 1, that fox sucks so bad. Half of the match he was just spot dodging and jumping randomly and shining out of no where. lol at 2:52. And somehow it was going to tied percentages. I quit brawl and my falco would **** you so bad that you would probally be 3-stocked.
Oh please Smash God, teach us all how to own with Falco.....

illinialex24

Smash Hero
Lol stop being cocky when you probably could only get a stock of this guy (I say that cause lasers suck in dittos)...

Max Ketchum

Collegiate Starleague Smash Director
Lol at xDarkElement. Come to Brooklyn, see how hard D1 ***** you.

D1, I notice you miss parts of chaingrabs because you walk instead of run. Is that intentional? <_<

Rukh

Smash Rookie
Lol at xDarkElement. Come to Brooklyn, see how hard D1 ***** you.

D1, I notice you miss parts of chaingrabs because you walk instead of run. Is that intentional? <_<
He also eats a lot of ROB-tops to the chin and has a hard time sweet-spotting the ledge on phantasms. Is that intentional too?

D1

Banned via Administration
These are all friendlies...once again.

LOL I apologize if I fvcked up at times...

...I clearly saw lots of mistakes myself in the vids and didn't wanna post 'em up but after a while, I just w/e cuz a good player isn't scared to put up vids of him playing bad either.

I'm tired of players putting up vids of themselves always doing great or awesome...I might as well try to be realistic and show vids where sometimes the player isn't' always on his A game and still would do well by punishing accordingly...regardless of how un-amazing it may seem.

IMO a great player can w/o pleasing a crowd.

Thats my way of the peregrine.

I won't lie though, my latest vids I been more flashier...but I'm having trouble upping matches V_v.

So yeah...lets stop feeding the troll he's just hungry and wants to have fun at our expense.

I know I shoulda taped the matches I had vs. Bum in losers finals >_<. Those were actually hot...and so were the matches in winners semies...his CF WAS AMAZING! (yeah he has a CF as well)

Rukh

Smash Rookie
Look dude, mistakes happen to everyone. I usually only get ****-critical on people who self-proclaim that they're the best.

Whether or not you are, these videos do a lot to disprove it.

Nice out on the poor play though.

Max Ketchum

17 posts and a join date of 2 months ago, talking **** to D1?

He really is the best Falco in NY, and definitely a top Falco in the country, if not THE top Falco. I've seen him play in tourney, he's god**** great. I can vouch for the videos being poor examples of his gameplay...D1 is excellent.

Rukh

Smash Rookie
Never said he wasn't good. And we agree, these videos make him look terrible. Not really finding the disconnect here.

Also, message board join dates = skill in games amirite?

Edit: And no, he's not. I'd argue SK's got at minimum 2 stock on him in a mirror.

Max Ketchum

Lol...anyone can 2-stock a Falco in dittos. It's just back-and-forth 0-deaths.

Post count/join date doesn't equal skill, but it means you have no reputation so far, thus no room to ****-talk one of the best players, period. The videos don't make him look terrible, but they're not great.

zamz

Smash Journeyman
I find it funny how certain people in this thread think a few youtube videos of FRIENDLIES could possibly be used to measure D1's skill.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
Wow, he posts some awesome videos of a pretty original Falco and all anyone can do is say he sucks. Way to go, Smashboards.

Rukh

Smash Rookie
No, almost everyone is riding his balls actually. So if that's how you value SWF responses, then things are golden.

Look, I appreciate the videos to see high level play. Let's not discount that.

However, I was expecting more and perhaps some quality discussion on mistakes made so we can move forward in Falco's metagame. Friendlies or not, these matches have huge flaws and instead of being too timid to point out that dash attacking into bananas isn't a good idea, perhaps it's okay to dissect the footage of the "best player in the nation" to improve both his and our own gameplay.

Also being an egotistical **** makes me care less about your feelings.

D1 said:
I have too many wins under my belt to have to answer to you.
Roll into more bananas.

8AngeL8

Smash Lord
So, the extent of your quality discussions is "don't dash into bananas"? Sweet, glad we advanced the meta-game.

Rukh

Smash Rookie
Since the best Falco player in the nation did it several times in one match, its arguable that we as a country did just make a huge leap in gameplay.

I also make no claims at knowing everything about Falco and readily admit I'm not the best. Which actually is the catch. D1 does. Scrutiny is the price of self-proclamation.

If our goal here is neither to advance the meta-game nor improve your own skills, what are we gaining? "Sweet vids bro, awesome losses." Maybe this just a cleverly disguised ego boosting post for D1, fishing for compliments from you pros? If which it was, is a massive fail.

Max Ketchum

See, this is where you're wrong. D1 didn't self-proclaim ****. It's widely agreed upon that he is the best Falco in NY. Stop calling bull**** on people when you don't know what you're talking about.

Max Ketchum

You think he'd say that with no justification? He isn't the first one to go calling himself the best. He's using the title because it's ALREADY BEEN ESTABLISHED that he is the best Falco in his state. Are you honestly that stupid?

Rukh

Smash Rookie
So being a pompous *** is okay if it's justified.

Glad we're clear.

Rukh

Smash Rookie
Agreed.

Regardless of the bickering, I'll restate that I appreciate the vids. Though I'd agree sounds ridiculous from me at this point.

Tommy_G

Smash Champion
Why are there so many randoms coming from nowhere trying to tell us things we can or can't say. Must be a leak from the GameFAQ boards.

I don't watch videos if I don't think the person is credible enough for me to watch them. All D1 was doing when he said he was the best in NY was validate his status for other people to watch the videos. His status was also predetermined be multiple tournaments, so it's not something he's making up. Some people just want recognition outside of their community. He wasn't being a jerk or being pompous. Besides what's wrong with being pompous. It's a hell of a lot better than trying to please a lot of the a$$holes out there.

Btw D1, pretty nice videos. I watched them a few days ago, but I don't remember what I wanted to criticize on them. I'll do that later.

OverLade

Smash Hero
*Adds to list of Favorite falcos right after SK92*. I like your playstyle. It's insteresting to watch. The first half of the match vs. Ninjalink was great, you just didn't follow through. All it really could've taken was a reflected banana and Reverse hyphen usmash.

I look forward to more vids, even though these dont seem to do you justice.

D1

Banned via Administration
Ty for the feedback and Rukh I don't mind honesty one bit, as I stated earlier I saw the flaws in my vids. If anything the best vids for me to post are tourney matches since I play more carefully (*cough* campy *cough*).

Thanks for the backup Doom, I heard good things about ya from NL but I never got to play ya. Northeast smashers unite!

Btw I love Sethlon and SK92's Falcos as well...don't get me wrong I'm not trying to steal anyone's thunder. Did Seth actually quit Falco and go to MK? If so...**** that sucks. I talked to my good pal Forward recently and I hear he just rocks Pit and Snake : (.

GMo

Smash Apprentice
You use nair a lot (I'm sure you are well aware). And while I doubt I'll ever use it as much as you, you definitely helped me incorporate it into my arsenal better. Thanks for that.

Pretty good, I like your play style, it is unique in a way. It is pretty different than mine, which is good (I think I can learn more that way). I'll probably watch more of your stuff if you post more.

Gnes

Smash Master
Ty for the feedback and Rukh I don't mind honesty one bit, as I stated earlier I saw the flaws in my vids. If anything the best vids for me to post are tourney matches since I play more carefully (*cough* campy *cough*).

Thanks for the backup Doom, I heard good things about ya from NL but I never got to play ya. Northeast smashers unite!

Btw I love Sethlon and SK92's Falcos as well...don't get me wrong I'm not trying to steal anyone's thunder. Did Seth actually quit Falco and go to MK? If so...**** that sucks. I talked to my good pal Forward recently and I hear he just rocks Pit and Snake : (.

sethlons still maining the bird...he did try out mk against a friend of mine at HOBO 11 but it didnt do so hot...plus he said falco just feels better for him...

interesting falco D1...as someone who had to play sethlon every tournament ive been to...its refreshing to see one that isnt a generic copy...kudos

Max Ketchum

No problem. You should head to the weekly at Inui's this weekend, I'll definitely play you there. I can't get anywhere on Fridays, so I won't be at any of Bum's weeklies, unfortunately. If Alex does hold another monthly, I'll try my best to go there and we can play.

Northeast Smashers? All day son. All day.

Top Bottom