• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D-throw *stick* and POWERSHIELD *stick*

Status
Not open for further replies.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
This might not be good against people with disjointed hitboxes *MARTH*. Other than that, mindgames ftw.

Gimpyfish62

Banned (62 points)
BRoomer
worthless w/o vids wtf use your brain its not hard you block an attack and automatically stick somebody or you downthrow and if they dont move immediately you stick them

seriously, this isn't hard people.

El Cancel

Smash Journeyman
c4 stick is cool for snake.
ps is universally cool.
ps + c4 stick is super cool.

gimpy, don't you think ps'ing will be pretty integral to brawl gameplay? i think it could really give slower characters some hope.

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
I find it rather funny how instead of praising this technique, we end up picking it apart, trying to find the bad things about it.

Sorry Gimpy. This technique is still totally awesome and if I ever get the game I will totally use PS -> *stick* and then I will be top tier. In my pants. Or something like that...

tsl

Smash Apprentice
I find it rather funny how instead of praising this technique, we end up picking it apart, trying to find the bad things about it.

Sorry Gimpy. This technique is still totally awesome and if I ever get the game I will totally use PS -> *stick* and then I will be top tier. In my pants. Or something like that...
Uhh ... what just happened?

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
I dunno. I guess I'm trying to praise this technique, and failing miserably. Truthfully, although this technique is Godly, it seems too Godly. I'd much rather discuss how this might backfire on someone, and see if we can't figure out a way around that.

gkrackerr

Smash Ace
worthless w/o vids wtf use your brain its not hard you block an attack and automatically stick somebody or you downthrow and if they dont move immediately you stick them

seriously, this isn't hard people.

I really don't know Snakes moveset/how the C4 works, hence I was asking for a possible video.

Zink

Smash Champion
wow snake is too good. I'm gonna secondary him just for sticking. and also because he has like 8 projectiles.
how much range does sticky have? like, can you sticky an ike ftilt or something?

bman in 2288

Smash Journeyman
Err... I'm guessing touching distance. Meaning that Snake has to be extremely close for it to stick. But don't take my word for it, I have yet to play the game. But chances are you are going to have to be extremely close. The-length-of-Jigglypuff's-spam-A close, I guess.

McMoney252

Smash Rookie
in that video i noticed when the c4 gets transfered to someone else it makes a sound... didnt notice that when i was playin snake last. that should be really helpfull :chuckle:

Archenyte

Smash Journeyman
Does the powershielded forward smash come out in less than one second? It sounds very useful but I'm not sure how it looks like.

KitsuneXXX

Smash Cadet
I was thinking...
Would it be possible to simply shield an attack then jump out of shield to C4 stick? ala Jigg's rest out of shield in Melee?

Fox4695

Smash Apprentice
Hey gimpy, ive been trying the D-throw sticks, and so far I have only pulled it off once on a ganondorf, is there any trick to it, Ive been able to do the powershield C4 a few times now, but im still not that great with powershields, so I have plenty of room for improvement.

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Hey gimpy, ive been trying the D-throw sticks, and so far I have only pulled it off once on a ganondorf, is there any trick to it, Ive been able to do the powershield C4 a few times now, but im still not that great with powershields, so I have plenty of room for improvement.
it only works if they don't get up right away

Fox4695

Smash Apprentice
I figured that must be the case, just thought I would ask. Most people move away to fast so I dont think im gonna attempt a D-throw stick anymore

PsychoMidget

Smash Lord
Well if you continueously tech chase them from downthrows to more downthrows eventually they may try not getting up right away and that's you're best chance

therealssjlink

Smash Apprentice
Speaking of C4....

Today, I noticed that sometimes the C4 will appear differently at random intervals (I had one that looked like a butterfly wtf)

Gum

Smash Journeyman
if you can find somebody who you can fsmash after a powershield REASOANBLY with snake i can only say congratulations you've broken the game and made his fsmash about 6 times faster than it actually is.

seriously? you'd waste a power shield to do a move that would NEVER be fast enough to punish ANYTHING?

i dont even know what to say.
Ive actually found that fsmash is awesome as a tech chase from a forward or back throw. but yeah ps to stck is pretty ****.

VA

Smash Hero
I just down throw tech chase for a chain grab, if you can tech chase properly there is no escaping it :S

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
Ive actually found that fsmash is awesome as a tech chase from a forward or back throw. but yeah ps to stck is pretty ****.
wat

Who are you playing that lets you tech chase from a forward/back throw? They recover before they even hit the ground, I don't see this as being possible.

JesiahTEG

Smash Master
Something pathetic- after a dthrow, even if you predict correctly and know your opponent will tech behind you, fsmash is still too slow to hit them most of the time lol.

Anyways, powershield to stick seems good. Can't wait to try it

kin3tic-c4jun-3

Smash Ace
I don't want to sound like a ****** but oh well lolz

How DO you sticky people?? I don't understand the mechanic, nor do I understand the best situation to perform it in...

Parthenon

Smash Apprentice
I don't want to sound like a ****** but oh well lolz

How DO you sticky people?? I don't understand the mechanic, nor do I understand the best situation to perform it in...
Use down-B when they're close and Snake will put it on them instead.

Pretty much the only situations are when the other guy is standing still for whatever reason (attack lag, dthrow, mindgames).

abit_rusty

Smash Lord
NNID
Rontuaru
3DS FC
2895-8974-0662
I keep trying to practice ps->c4 stick but I keep doing a sidestep dodge whenever I actually pull off the powershield :p. I was so used to almost always lightshielding in melee and now that its gone it still once in a while feels weird having to press down the shield all the way, so when I do, I forget to let go >.>

dumpsterdiver

Smash Rookie
Why do people keep saying having C4 transferred to you is bad?

You can transfer it back to them with a throw (now that I think of it bthrow is the only one I've tested, I'll test the others later today). Don't quote me on this, but I'm fairly certain I heard the "c4 stick" sound during the judo flip portion of the back throw, meaning it transferred DURING the throw. Bthrow -> vB is an unblockable, unavoidable free explosion (unless they're at a really low percent and can recover more quickly than you can pull the trigger). At 130% or so it may very well kill them. Listen carefully for the transfer when you throw. I'm also fairly certain that you can't RECEIVE c4 during a throw, only give it away (be careful though, you may receive the c4 if they throw you).

BTW I think this is my first post on SWF, long time lurker, 'bout time I contributed.

edit: just tested this. I was mistaken. The grab itself will transfer the c4 (it counts as contact), but you can also receive it this way. I don't have time to test this further, though, I have a test to prepare for. If no one else gets to it I'll do more later tonight.

Ahrezmendi

Smash Rookie
This is fantastic!

I was trying to figure out ways to get C4 onto opponents more reliably (on the ground is good, but it's easy to see and very easy to avoid). Thanks to this, I can start working on ways to setup C4 KOs.

Re: Transfer with throws - If this is true, that would be incredible. Will have to try it out for myself.

Scala

Smash Ace
I was able to meet someone in the air after they jumped and place C4 on them , it's a fantastic way to place it as people usually are distracted by the fact that they're in the air and he barely makes a distinct motion of placing it on when you pass by.

dthrow -> C4 is hard, not worth using.

If you are having troubles PS -> downB, I suggest changing you're controller scheme to use the c-stick for special attacks rather than smash. Not only is it more convenient to just push down on the c-stick, but you can also do some fancy moves such as the RAR much, much easier.

.D0c.

Smash Cadet
Doing a spot dodge then c-stick is pretty good too. With some practice I've been able to do this pretty successfully.

xXArrowXx

Smash Champion
well i am thinking of using a new c4 tech to edge guard..
by dropping it from the sky.. and follow up with some air attack...

dont know if someone has tried but i think it will add to edge guarding techs he can do =P

leelue

Smash Lord
Typically, your opponent won't even realize they've been stuck until their character suddenly explodes for no reason. You can usually just roll back a few times or even just dash away. If you opponent doesn't chase for whatever reason, you blow the mine. If your opponent's chasing, you can simply double jump + Cipher to where they can't reach you and then set it off.

The mechanics of "touching" to transfer C4 is the same as the Sticky Bomb, it just transfers less often. Either it requries more touches to transfer (so, transfers every two touches) or there's a period of time in between each touch where it cannot be transferred again ... I'm not quite sure which it is, and I still need to do more tests. But anyway, what constitutes a "touch" for C4 is exactly the same as the Sticky Bomb, so just watch some videos of how the Sticky Bomb transfers and you'll get it. And yes, certain attacks register as a "touch"(I believe all melee attacks without a disjointed hitbox, but I'm not sure,) so you shouldn't just go straight into a combo after sticking someone.
I dont know where exactly u get ur logic, but assuming someone wont notice something at even medium play levels is flawed. Not to mention they can shield it if you decide to run away and do it.

Sosuke

Smash Obsessed
Switch FC
8132-9932-4710
Wow the powershield thing.
I tried it on my friend today.
Its TOO good.

drab

Smash Cadet
can someone just give me the buttons i have to press because im kinda a noob and dont understand what i have to do :(

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom