• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Ignatius

List Evader
BRoomer
what the **** is going on in melee????
Since so many people are asking this....

Melee Grand finals are currently on hold while they're playing through the teams bracket.

Speaking of which: lucky and manga beat armanda and aniolus in a great set; playing xelic and Linguini now(in winners).

edit: mango and lucky beat xelic and linguini in winners semis.

I also think Crews arent done, with EC still needing to play South.

lordvaati

Smash Master
Switch FC
SW-4918-2392-4599
Lol, I love how the back room called it the FINAL Melee tier list, they sound pretty darn sure of themselves... even though they fail at predicting top level tournament performance. But hey, who are we to argue? :laugh:
sorry SBR, but this post is epic win.

PEEF!

Smash Hero
To whoever said the tier list was final:

The tier list is never final as long as the metagame grows. Jigglypuff players have made it obvious today and in other tournaments recently, their character deserves a boost.

EMANuel

Smash Cadet
man when the dust settles after all this blood being shed from Genesis....

gonna be some mad trash talk everywhere for months lol

P.C. Jona

Smash Master
Lol, I love how the back room called it the FINAL Melee tier list, they sound pretty darn sure of themselves... even though they fail at predicting top level tournament performance. But hey, who are we to argue? :laugh:
well not really, falcon is where hes supposed to be, so is falco kinda.
just theres no fox's or marths in top 3 which there should be.

jiggs and peach should get a small bump and fox and marth should drop down a bit, not saying another character is the best, just that they shouldnt be at 9.9, theyre not that good

Skyshroud

Smash Ace
The back room is mostly brawl noobs now though. So their sway has become largely unneeded in the melee community.
There are separate back rooms for each game >.>

@the people saying the final melee tier list is wrong: you can't predict tournament results with a tier list. Tier lists do not account for player skill.

Roxas215

Smash Lord
LMAO At lain losing to fow after what he said about him beating tryant

http://www.smashboards.com/showthread.php?p=7630800

Ness is low tier Susa, why are you so adamant about leaving that painfully obvious fact out?

Ness is a bad character. That's just how it is. To see FOW doing well at a tourney is nice and all, but people obviously didn't know the matchup.

Inexperience in the matchup can make a huge difference. For example, Anther plays Pikachu. Now, he is obviously one of the top players in the nation, but a driving force behind him ****** a lot of people is due to their unfamiliarity with the Pikachu matchup. He still ***** people with skill, but them not knowing the matchup makes it a hell of a lot easier.

FOW did well. Kudos to him, no doubt. You obviously can't deny what happened, a BAD character beating the BEST character. Two smart players playing each. However, FOW knew the matchup EXTENSIVELY (as does most of world), while Tyrant knew of Ness and his capabilities, but was unclear as to what exactly a smart player would do with Ness.

GIVE THIS 13 YR OLD PROPS!

Hazygoose

Smash Lord
no it wasn't true because i went to check it right when you posted that :laugh:

Not to mention that we've known brawl had more people since doubles pools happened.
obviously the time i checked it, it was true. don't know what i would have to gain by lying. have fun jerking off to your lack of wit, though. you're so impressive it's blinding.

Mr.-0

Smash Ace
Don't mention melee right now, i'm finnaly getting the updates that I want.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom