• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

Irow

Smash Ace
Does dorf1233 still play? I'd f*cking LOVE to Ganondorf dittos with him.

Seriously, this is an open call to ALL GANONDORF PLAYERS. Money match me in Ganondorf dittos, $5. Linguini, Kage, Cashmooney, etc., GANONDORF ALL DAYYYYYY.

no, I'm not a g. dorf main, I just love dittos ^ ^

I'll take you up on it if you play me for $1 though.

Corigames

Smash Hero
I don't think I've seen a Ganon ditto before, at least between two proficient players. I can imagine that it's:
Hit... hit hit... stock down.... hit hit... hit... hit... .... ...hit... hit stock down.... hit.... stock down... hit hit hit... jab... stock down.

Or something like that.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
I was just looking at the tentative schedule, and noticed "Brawl regional crews" and i lawled. Do people seriously do brawl crew battles? That must be the most boring thing to watch evar. If you do brawl crews, do them before melee's...and melee will probably still finish before brawls are done :laugh:

Honestly, I think a chess crew battle would be more entertaining.

pockyD

Smash Legend
yes it's boring

the thing is, crews requires minimal setups and can happen concurrently with other events, so it's not taking anything away from the tournament to have them

plus, the brawl kids really seem to like watching a snake walking around trying to land an utilt for 2mins

on that note though, I really hope some region's crew is 100% metaknights :laugh:

Metà

Smash Master
I don't think I've seen a Ganon ditto before, at least between two proficient players. I can imagine that it's:
Hit... hit hit... stock down.... hit hit... hit... hit... .... ...hit... hit stock down.... hit.... stock down... hit hit hit... jab... stock down.

Or something like that.
Yeah, that's Ganon dittos in a nutshell ^ ^

Except each hit is like being hit by a train.

The only thing in nature I could really compare it to would be two large gorillas mercilessly beating on each other. Except the gorillas can harness electricity and purple flames at will.

Metà

Smash Master
Anyone need a team mate in Melee? If not, I'll just team with my Rampage (from my crew). I play Jigglypuff (and assorted high/top tiers) and I'm pretty good at doubles.

strawhats

Smash Master
How about teaming w/. Isai the ultimate doubles partner and possibly the best best doubles player that ever lived.

INSANE CARZY GUY

Banned via Warnings
HEY MEATA i am good as the ics ,j-puff ,pichu ,gann, bowser so take your pick if they work good with j-puff

go to my your profile and tell me

sidefx

Smash Champion
DBR needs to buy some signable item, have all its crew members sign it and hold a raffle for it or something.
we have some ideas involving something like that. =D

t-shirts are on the way.. we just have some more important issues to deal with currently, but in due time.. in due time.

Hylian

Not even death can save you from me
Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
Lol @ people complaining about brawl crews. If you actually play the game of course they are going to be exciting. Melee crews aren't even exciting if you don't play the game. I'm not entertained by GG because I don't play it, though I'm sure they are doing entertaining stuff anyways lol.

I've been in a ton of crew battles and seen more hype for some brawl crew battles then the ones at FCD(for example OK vs TX crew battle at Oh Snap had over 100 people yelling at the top of their lungs the entire time lol).

Really though, it's all opinion. If you don't like it, that's perfectly understandable, but why complain about it? :/. It's kind of annoying for the people who actually want them.

Tink

Smash Hero
there was never more hype for a crew battle then the first regional crew battle at FC....im sorry if your wernt there and missed that, it was quiteee amazing. i mean, the infamous darkrain combo came from it...was jus crazyyyyy.

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
there was never more hype for a crew battle then the first regional crew battle at FC....im sorry if your wernt there and missed that, it was quiteee amazing. i mean, the infamous darkrain combo came from it...was jus crazyyyyy.
That's why I said FC:D Crews. I never said brawl crews were more entertaining then melee crews, I said I've seen more hype for them then some of the biggest melee crews though. I personally think melee crews is the most entertaining thing in smash and I would watch them before any brawl crew match.

I also like brawl crews a lot though, and so do other people, so I'm just asking people to stop complaining lol. It's pointless.

noodles

Smash Champion
Lol @ people complaining about brawl crews. If you actually play the game of course they are going to be exciting. Melee crews aren't even exciting if you don't play the game. I'm not entertained by GG because I don't play it, though I'm sure they are doing entertaining stuff anyways lol.

I've been in a ton of crew battles and seen more hype for some brawl crew battles then the ones at FCD(for example OK vs TX crew battle at Oh Snap had over 100 people yelling at the top of their lungs the entire time lol).

Really though, it's all opinion. If you don't like it, that's perfectly understandable, but why complain about it? :/. It's kind of annoying for the people who actually want them.
i play brawl and enter tournaments and stuff. i just dont think crews would be entertaining.of course i havent seen any brawl crews yet. i can picture it taking a long *** time though

festizzio

Smash Champion
nearly every melee player that still plays melee instead of brawl has played brawl at least a few times and decided it was not for them

so saying it's not exciting because we don't play is a very stupid argument

we know what to look for and what a good player looks like, it's just not very exciting

Falco_Waddledoo

Smash Rookie
Haha I have a Brawl crew on NS2.

But really, someone should add a 64 section to a big tourney.

THEN it would catch my eye, and make me want to travel to Cali.

Keatsta

Smash Apprentice
If I somehow manage to make a few thousand dollars that would otherwise go unused, I'm there. If not, uh, I'll just have to wait for another one on the East Coast.

The MC Clusky

Smash Lord
3DS FC
0404-6991-4531
nearly every melee player has played brawl at least a few times and decided it was not for them

we know what to look for and what a good player looks like, it's just not very exciting
Quoted for truth.

btw chess crew battles sound epic someone ought to try that out and post the results.

Corigames

Smash Hero
And, who, exactly, would do a better job? I think he edits videos fine. If you can find a neutral editor for both costs to do a combo video, then why haven't they?

Smooth Criminal

Da Cheef
NNID
boundless_light
And, who, exactly, would do a better job? I think he edits videos fine. If you can find a neutral editor for both costs to do a combo video, then why haven't they?
That wasn't so much a jab at Gimpy as it was West Coast, bro. The running gag is that SSB: Metagame had more West Coast players than anywhere else, but it was pretty cool regardless. Plus, you know, that West Coast DI...that was the bulk of my joke/trash talk.

And it's chess. Why so srs?

Smooth Criminal

Hylian

Administrator
BRoomer
Switch FC
2687-7494-5103
nearly every melee player has played brawl at least a few times and decided it was not for them

Nearly every melee player? lol ok.

I'm pretty sure I've played melee longer then most people here and I find them exciting. Playing melee does not mean you won't like brawl lol.

And you're missing my point. I just said I understand if people don't like it. It's just an opinion. But complaining about it when there are plenty of people who do like it is annoying.

festizzio

Smash Champion
Nearly every melee player? lol ok.
I edited my post for you so you can understand better, I didn't think it'd be that difficult to understand. /sarcasm

I'm pretty sure I've played melee longer then most people here and I find them exciting. Playing melee does not mean you won't like brawl lol.
But deciding that Brawl is boring after playing it, like a lot of Melee players, means you won't like Brawl.

And you're missing my point. I just said I understand if people don't like it. It's just an opinion. But complaining about it when there are plenty of people who do like it is annoying.
I understood your other point perfectly, which is the one I was arguing with. I could care less about whether or not people complain about there being Brawl crews at Genesis. It was this quote that I was talking about:

JFox

Smash Hero
I don't understand why people are STILL arguing about melee v brawl. Its obviously a matter of opinion and I'm against anyone who tries to push there views on others. I wouldn't go to a halo player and start arguing that melee is better than what he plays, its an opinion. No one is gonna stop playing brawl just because you make a video with a ton of people saying brawl sucks (yes that did happen, btw)

I play exclusively melee, but I've learned that some people enjoy brawl and thats ok. I have my reasons for disliking it, and I'm sure they have their reasons for disliking melee. Its ok if people don't agree with you.

M@v

Subarashii!
I don't understand why people are STILL arguing about melee v brawl. Its obviously a matter of opinion and I'm against anyone who tries to push there views on others.
I LOVE you for this post . I'm not mad people like both games; its when people try to force their game on others every...little....chance....they get.

Eggm

Smash Hero
I LOVE you for this post . I'm not mad people like both games; its when people try to force their game on others every...little....chance....they get.
The reason behind it is the fact that its painful to see so many scrubs brainwashed by the brawl people who say the same crap about melee over and over that's untrue playing that game and never giving melee a chance.

If every new scrub into the smash scene was explained that brawl is less competitive more full of randoms who no one knows or cares about slower takes less skill (and mindgames) and they still choose to play it over melee than that would be fine. But most scrubs are exposed to total BS when they make their decision.

ErciChewman

Smash Ace
Look what I done started.

Brawl crews are still laughable. That's my opinion. Stop arguing about it.

Brawl sucks.

p.s. I'll be entering brawl singles and doubles. And I'll probably do better in it than melee >_<

p.p.s. Brawl sucks.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom