• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

D.B.R. Presents: GENESIS! RESULTS-Melee: Mango. Brawl: To Be Decided

Status
Not open for further replies.

shalom

Smash Journeyman
It's not much of an update but it's all I got from Linguini:
Colbol beat everyone in his pool
Chops most likely got 1st in his pool
Harriettheguy (a really good fox from Florida) destroyed his pool and got 1st and beat dmac

Linguini MM'ed Lunin and 4 stocked his falco first match and then 2 stocked his fox next match
Florida is ****** people lol

defsithe

Smash Ace
Ahhh nice I was always impressed by watching the Mexico twins (Javi and Jorge right?) videos and wondered how'd they do.

I think back in like 06/07 they had two of the most visually impressive Fox and Falcos. Not sure they can keep with spacies like Shiz, Chops, Colbol, Zhu, Jman etc now though. Should be interesting.
i was always impressed the couple of times i played them at the SMX tournies lol. their speed is overwhelming. watching them play teams is just ridiculous. i have always wanted to see how they stacked up against other top players outside of mexico.

ajp_anton

Smash Lord
OK I'm completely lost. I and C have been trying to find the formula for the pools but we just can't find any. Anyone?

Santi

Smash Lord
NO SANTI you said you quit dont give us that "ooh one moar tourny" your done with.. :)
I'm because it's Hanson's (Le Thien) last tournament.
He went to clash. He's a cool dude and always been supportive of me and Dojo. I want to make the trip to hang out with him one more time.

OH SNAP 5.

Santi

Smash Lord
Someone must have given you false information. I don't know if that was your imagination and ego having an epiphany, but I think it was.
I know you are young. It was more of an insult not me using my imagination.
I don't care how many candles you had on your cake :laugh:

S.G.

Smash Journeyman
Pools = round robin you play about 4-5 people
top 3/2 with best records advance

bracket is your avg "i play this person, but i lost, so now i'm in losers brackets playing this person"

-Jumpman-

Smash Champion
I know you are young. It was more of an insult not me using my imagination.
I don't care how many candles you had on your cake:
Lowering yourself to such a level is quite funny. Not caring about the number of candles I had, but making it obvious we should care about the number you had.

Virgilijus

Nonnulli Laskowski praestant
BRoomer
Noob question over here. Whats the difference between Pool matches and Bracket Matches.
Pools are round robin games where the people with the top 2 or 3 records continue on in the tournament. They then reach the bracket where it becomes double elimination (lose once, you enter the losers bracket. Lose again and you are out). Pools always happen before bracket and the winner of pools determines the bracket.

Mikey7

Smash Lord
Jumpman: the insult is that you have a cake because you're young and he wouldn't because hes not

Not taking sides just clearing that up lol

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom