• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cyber Arena - Gurnee Mills: Evolution of Life 3

MachinegunNorm

Smash Lord
if you want more setups make it so theres no venue fee for them if its used. simple as that, it also makes the tournament run more smooth and you can get out of there sooner. :|

DLA

"Their anguish was my nourishment."
NNID
DLAhhh
Wow what's with all of these OoS people coming? I don't mean to discourage you or anything but this venue's pretty small lmao.

Anyways I'll be there with a setup.

Krystedez

Awaken the Path
Well no need to worry about that DLA, since both my rides johned out on me. I'm officially not coming.

:(

EDIT:

Actually, my dad put a bug in my ear about his girlfriend volunteering to drive up there tomorrow... I have NO idea if that's gunna happen though. We'll see. I'll bring a set up if that's the case. I would really like to come!!

Legan

Smash Lord
Im johning out, I wont be over that way until next week and Im just goin to see Umashi. If anyone wants to hold a smashfest or something lemme know

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
Im johning out, I wont be over that way until next week and Im just goin to see Umashi. If anyone wants to hold a smashfest or something lemme know
Yo I got you, I was thinking of throwing a smashfest next week anyways. If not then I'm sure someone else can cook something up.

Also Krystedez get yo *** over here.

edit: one more thing... Chompy/Got2BtheB, make sure you ask someone for help with seeding, instead of using the last tournament to seed. Not only because the last tournament was random seeded which messed with the results a bit, but also because we have out-of-state players coming, and you guys will have no idea how to seed them since they didn't go to your last tournament.

And since they're traveling several HOURS to go to a smash tournament, you can guess that they won't be happy if they get a horrible seed. A lot of these guys are really good so they'd appreciate it if they weren't screwed over in the brackets lol.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
^ someone teach this guy the fine art of the single post.

I was planning on having the smashfest before GSS sometime. I don't know our schedule for GSS though so that's why I left it open.

Abe_Teh_Abra

Smash Cadet
^ someone teach this guy the fine art of the single post.

I was planning on having the smashfest before GSS sometime. I don't know our schedule for GSS though so that's why I left it open.
hey remember me? my bro used to always gannon ditto with you. his name was dark ness but he changed his name to Altspammer. too bad we can't come.

DiskaSM

Smash Apprentice
GGs everyone, I had fun. Sorry Meneil and Ook for sandbagging around right before we all left, lol. I'm tired, gonna sleep well tonight.

DLA

NNID
DLAhhh
My car battery died when we tried to start it... huuuuuge props to Sponge and Red Ryu for sticking around for over an hour trying to jump start our car. And when it wouldn't start back up, Sponge drove an hour in the opposite direction to Kirk's house so that Kappy, Chi, and Oro could go home, and Kirk could get his car and pick me, Norm, and Zwarm up.

Basically - Spongejordan and Red Ryu are the champions of mankind, and we are buying you guys a cake next time we see you. No joke. You guys are both amazing. And also thanks to Kirk who drove to Gurnee again to get the rest of us home--you may have cake too.

Zwarm

Smash Hero
DLA beat me to it, but yeah, pretty much everything he said. It wasn't even DLA's battery, it was the starter, so the car wouldn't start even with jump and a battery charge. So yeah, major props to Sponge and Red Ryu. Sponge for driving so far out of his way to help us out, and Red for keeping us entertained by finding random **** like tires and shopping carts in the parking lot of the mall. Despite the bad things that happened to us, it was still actually really fun. :p Thank god we were able to get back in the mall, or we'd all be frozen right now.

This car is shielded by The Protector!

SpongeJordan

Smash Lord
Well, every tournament is an adventure :p Makes you wonder how Melee vets haven't written books about their experiences, it'd be like the Tucker Max of nerddom.

Hope nothing ends up being too expensive, DLA. Car issues typically are though =[

Anyways, I'm super ****ing tired after all that jazz, so I'm going to sleep, gotta get up for work in roughly 8 hours, lol, gg daylight savings.

*edit* I love having sex, but I'd rather get some cake. (sun)(sun)(sun)(sun)(sun)

Oro?!

Smash Hero
GGs everyone, I had fun. Sorry Meneil and Ook for sandbagging around right before we all left, lol. I'm tired, gonna sleep well tonight.
Johns?!?! Accept your beatings like a man.
rofl non anime car put in dat work!!
Whatever nerd, I'm Oro?!
I will get my revenge on Barnes and Kappy!
Impossible. We will take you on any time.

That post tournament jazz was so dumb, but at the same time hilarious. Everything bad happens to cars I go with or drive... fml

DLA on the phone with 411. "Ummm I think it might be something wrong with the security system. Everytime we try to connect to jumper cables to the car, the alarm goes off... Umm there is a sticker on the window about the security. It says... this car is shielded by the protector. Wow, that is pretty dumb."

Scythe

Smash Master
wow that blows

starter problems can be pretty serious
at least people stepped up

Top Bottom