• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

Cyber Arena - Gurnee Mills: Evolution of Life 3

THuGz

Smash Lord
can we start an unofficial melee tourney? or could you just reconsider if there was enough interest?

Scythe

Smash Master
I'm sure Oro can run it if it's too much trouble, Chompy. Usually at MAS the side melee tourneys are only run with one set-up since there aren't too many entrants.

Oro?!

Smash Hero
I'm sure Oro can run it if it's too much trouble, Chompy. Usually at MAS the side melee tourneys are only run with one set-up since there aren't too many entrants.
:embarrass: Oh you... This man speaks the truth though. We run through a Melee bracket in like 2 hours with one setup, and it's usually very casual. If I ride people about matches it would go very fast.

THuGz

Smash Lord
lol **** off oro. but yeah, do a melee tourney, you'll get more entrants that way too, and hopefully i can beat a bunch of brawlers at a melee side tourney haha

Got2BtheB

Smash Rookie
We still haven't even heard from Chompy if he is cool with a Melee thing. Regardless there will probably be a melee setup towards the end.
Hey,

I'm going to be running the tournament and not playing, so I want to make sure everything moves along. While I would like to have a Melee tournament there too, everything is going to depend on how many people we get to sign up to bring TVs and setups.

If we get a bunch of TVs, maybe we could set up one or two for a Melee tournament or just melee games on the side. However, if we don't have a ton of TVs, I'm going to want all setups dedicated to getting through the Brawl Singles and Doubles Tourneys.

As of right now, I don't think anyone signed up to bring a TV. I know Chompy is bringing a Wii or 2. I know a lot of you guys weren't too crazy about the 1 or 2 TVs that Cyber Arena has because of lag or something... Please let me know ASAP if you are planning on bringing a TV/Wii or both. If we don't have enough sign up it's going to be hard to have a tourney. Remember, either part or all of the venue fee will be waived if you bring something (Check the rules in my original post).

Thanks

V1P3Rleader

Smash Rookie
I wonder if I should make this tournament my first tournament ever. I prefer Melee, but I could always just work on my Brawl skills a bit beforehand. >_>

How many people do you think are attending?

Arty

Smash Lord
It looks like I should be getting an SUV fairly soon, so I'll be able to take all the usual people from our area

Scythe

Smash Master
that's not fair you are a pokemon master and prolly already have the japanese version with al lv100s

when does that game even come out? lol

THuGz

Smash Lord
you guys have a side tourney to see who's the best spacey player (unless arty or kain doesn't want to be my partner :3), otherwise everyone is obligated

Top Bottom