• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

customized n02 kailleraclient

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
obvious troll is obvious
im a CS student and I've coded a lot of stuff in C#
Once you know a language, you have to adapt to the new one and coding is still coding
Guess what, IDC. I don't know how to make up little code lines unless i have some kind of info on what i'm trying to make like kaillera into ds emu. Mame has a example of it, So i use that example to make kaillera into it. Iv added the short cut into the Menu, Iv added the kaillera activator into the main c file. And all i need to do now is add the action which is written in C on mame when the ds emu is completely C++. You can't make codes up out of nothing, you need something to figure out what your going to start off with to even make them.

random post

but one of my hiking group leaders told me that a lot of computer people who come out of school don't even know how to write code and use it to their advantage or something <__<
Hiking group leader? Why would someone lead you up a 50ft mountain? Couldn't you just walk your self.

malva00

Smash Master
Hiking group leader? Why would someone lead you up a 50ft mountain? Couldn't you just walk your self.
In my group, once you get the map with the highlighted route, you're on your own. Everyone goes at their own pace unless you wanna chat with someone.

Having someone else figure out a location and route is good if you don't wanna waste time planning or you could go to places you wouldn't have thought of.

Also, doing long hikes by yourself can be dangerous. Although I can't do any long hikes yet; I can only do about 20 miles or less for a day hike depending on the amount of elevation. I try to make sure to keep people behind me so if I get lost then people come eventually (has happened before) XD. It's not just going up a single mountain.

NovaSmash

Banned via Administration
3DS FC
2079-8171-3301
Guess what, IDC. I don't know how to make up little code lines unless i have some kind of info on what i'm trying to make like kaillera into ds emu. Mame has a example of it, So i use that example to make kaillera into it. Iv added the short cut into the Menu, Iv added the kaillera activator into the main c file. And all i need to do now is add the action which is written in C on mame when the ds emu is completely C++. You can't make codes up out of nothing, you need something to figure out what your going to start off with to even make them.

What happened to you flying to california to play malva? Even if you did i dont think he would let you in his house.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Do you even understand C?

I understand c# but, I need to look at something, to be able to make the command. All i know how to do is edit stuff not actually make stuff. I don't understand, how you can make a command out of no were. You can't just know it you have to have something or someone give you a example of what the command is basically then you edit it if needed or have someone or something tell you. It's impossible to know how to make the Activator and action of kaillera into a emulator source without looking at example of another emulator source with kaillera already added like mame one.

I thought he was going to San Diego and sleep over NEAR's house.

And watch Fantasmic at Disneyland

I said no to going there to see my grandpa and grandma on my other side of family when near wont even answer me. So i just said no to it. Besides, I don't think near would like to ever know me in real life due to the past 3 almost 4 years of what iv said to him and done to him on kaillera.

Agent_21

Smash Apprentice
I said no to going there to see my grandpa and grandma on my other side of family when near wont even answer me. So i just said no to it. Besides, I don't think near would like to ever know me in real life due to the past 3 almost 4 years of what iv said to him and done to him on kaillera.
I don't think anyone would

dandan

Smash Lord
random post

but one of my hiking group leaders told me that a lot of computer people who come out of school don't even know how to write code and use it to their advantage or something <__<
your group leader is very correct.
i am learning cs in uni now, and most of the curriculum has nothing to do with programming.
you do come out with quite a good foundation, but nothing replaces experience.
i was a programmer before i started in the army and i worked with people who had a cs degree and they were not really better than anyone else. might have a better foundation to start with thus learn stuff more quickly.
however, cs degree is still good if you want to advance and not just remain a programmer, that is how it is atleast in israel.

Bonds007

Smash Rookie
Awsome! thnx

dont smash about the smasher that smashed you, because the smasher smash best :D

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
I think people do know how to code after getting a CS major, but not like a pro.

Personally, I've only had my CS degree for one year, but I only know how to do what I do because I taught myself win32, opengl, etc. slowly over time by doing a ton of independent projects for fun. Like anything else, learning comes with time, patience, and being interested helps :p

Don't get me wrong - I learned a ton of stuff in school... but my undergrad (University of Rochester) taught a lot of Unix stuff, whereas the kailleraclient is written entirely in win32 (which I have not taken a single class in).

Long story short: I learned a lot of excellent programming concepts and fundamentals in college, but to be able to code these kinds of applications (like the kailleraclient) took a lot of self-teaching.

agp!!!

Smash Rookie
I have a problem with this actualization of kaillera..
this cause me lag and ds :S but more lag..

what i can do?

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
My client should not cause any more or less lag / ds than the regular n02 client to the best of my knowledge.

Some people have told me they get more lag. Others have claimed that my client lags a ton less. However, I did not modify a single iota of code that dealt with the network communication (aside from the ping spoof feature).

dandan

Smash Lord
I have a problem with this actualization of kaillera..
this cause me lag and ds :S but more lag..

what i can do?
if you are ping spoofing to get delay that is too low for you, you will get lag.

NeoKronos

Smash Apprentice
I've got a request though many people might not want it.

Could you give me a option or make it to where any time someone curses or says something unfit/nasty that it would be bleeped out or put in symbols kinda like #)(*#&^ or something of the such?

The main reason for this is my parents and the fact that they'll kill me if they see it and also I just hate cursing period.

Keep up the great work!!!!
Grow the **** up.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
for those people from forever ago (shootingstar?) who got the crashing problem, i've confirmed that installing the latest microsoft visual c++ runtime fixes the problem!

malva00

Smash Master
can someone make it so you can turn off only the join/leave messages in the main chat?

and then upload it :D

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
i'll look at the code when I get a chance... my bigfoot website comes first though

lol priorities

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
What happened to text colors? Everything's black now. :ohwell:
That happens to me everyone once in a while as well, in my case it switches between normal, completely black, and completely black except for people joining/leaving that are in a very navy blue lol.

If your case is like mine it'll be back to normal soon enough.

King.Smash

Smash Rookie
im kinda having an issue with your kaillera client when i replace the old one with the newer client i get an error when i try to open it but if i use the old one it works and opens fine

Skrlx

Smash Champion
im kinda having an issue with your kaillera client when i replace the old one with the newer client i get an error when i try to open it but if i use the old one it works and opens fine
download and install this if your computer is not 64 bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyID=fe6f2099-b7b4-4f47-a244-c96d69c35dec

download and install this if your computer is 64 bit: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/details.aspx?FamilyId=1AEF6FCE-6E06-4B66-AFE4-9AAD3C835D3D

Skrlx

Smash Champion
then download and install the file from the first link

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
If you read the whole thread, I hope you saw:

for those people from forever ago (shootingstar?) who got the crashing problem, i've confirmed that installing the latest microsoft visual c++ runtime fixes the problem!
:D. Hope it works for you.
Try: http://www.microsoft.com/downloads/...34-3e03-4391-8a4d-074b9f2bc1bf&displaylang=en

Also the .NET frameworks linked to earlier were 2.0 and they're up to 4.0 >_>. Additionally, those were SDKs which you don't need unless you're a programmer. You would want the .NET *framework* if you're a regular user.

- Owna

King.Smash

Smash Rookie

Skrlx

Smash Champion
That's what I was trying to link to. I knew there was something .NET that had to be updated but I didn't remember exactly what the name of it was but I tried with those links lol.

Top Bottom