• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

customized n02 kailleraclient

Skrlx

Smash Champion
the download in the OP doesn't seem to have the new ping spoofing feature

malva00

Smash Master
wtf maybe it's not 3 frames in that server afterall jaime says it's 5 frames. that server sucks

omg how did my secret link movement training deceive me? ;___;

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
wtf maybe it's not 3 frames in that server afterall jaime says it's 5 frames because it's an old emulinker server

omg how did my secret link movement training deceive me?
While testing, I also found certain servers that said I was getting 5 frames. I believe this was when I had a ping of 31. But, when I changed my ping to less than 31, it said I was getting 3 frames again. So, I think just certain servers allocate different frames of delay to different ping ranges, if that makes sense.

EDIT: I mean, if it didn't make a difference, then you wouldn't see a framerate drop if you try and play with like 3 frames when you normally have 7

EDIT 2: OK, I see - certain servers just don't let you go below 5 frames of lag. It's a server-side fail not a ping-spoofing fail :(

ssbstreak

Smash Cadet
yea the fake ping marker is really getting on my nerves + I can't use my full name while ping spoofing.

Edit#1 Atomic Zibbert wanted you to add a swap button like the one in supraclient that switches between the ingame chat and the place where you join games.

malva00

Smash Master
I don't like how waiting games is pinged

takes too long to load

who cares about the ping in waiting games anyways? <__<

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Streak, I'm well away of what other people have suggested.

Skrix, I'm sorry. It's to the right of the username box. If you don't see it, you're probably not using my latest version.

Malva: I hate it too. The only reason I put it there is because you probably want to know whether or not you you can get a reasonable frame delay if you go to the server that is hosting the waiting game. In the future, the ping thing will either be sped up or removed. Which do you think should happen?

ssbstreak

Smash Cadet
Streak, I'm well away of what other people have suggested.

Skrix, I'm sorry. It's to the right of the username box. If you don't see it, you're probably not using my latest version.

Malva: I hate it too. The only reason I put it there is because you probably want to know whether or not you you can get a reasonable frame delay if you go to the server that is hosting the waiting game. In the future, the ping thing will either be sped up or removed. Which do you think should happen?
No. He was disappointed that it didn't have it on kaillera so i decided to post his "idea" here. :/

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
No. He was disappointed that it didn't have it on kaillera so i decided to post his "idea" here. :/
Maybe I'll just post my todo list so people can see what's coming up and eliminate some confusion.

Also about the waiting games list:
I think I will simply make it so you can right click to ping a server. That way it will refresh fast and you can still ping a particular server if you want to :)

P.S. There won't be a new release until Wednesday or Thursday. So stay tuned and keep the suggestions coming!

malva00

Smash Master
TAKE IT OUT i'm like the only person who cares about waiting games it seems lol

AbsolutioNeXt

Smash Rookie
now....ur gonna change this motherlovin' "fake ping" mess in this kaillera or ELSE!!!... psych, but really I would appreciate it if it could be edited out in some fashion. I'm not sure how you and fireblaster might arrange this but if you could fix that small setback in that, this kaillera will be PERFECT! as far as i'm concerned at least...

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
now....ur gonna change this motherlovin' "fake ping" mess in this kaillera or ELSE!!!... psych, but really I would appreciate it if it could be edited out in some fashion. I'm not sure how you and fireblaster might arrange this but if you could fix that small setback in that, this kaillera will be PERFECT! as far as i'm concerned at least...
If I have anything to say about it (and I do since I'm the only person coding this project), it will probably be replaced with another message that is sent when you join the server. There will probably still be some indication / announcement that you are ping spoofing though to protect against certain abuses... just not in your username.

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
While testing, I also found certain servers that said I was getting 5 frames. I believe this was when I had a ping of 31. But, when I changed my ping to less than 31, it said I was getting 3 frames again. So, I think just certain servers allocate different frames of delay to different ping ranges, if that makes sense.

EDIT: I mean, if it didn't make a difference, then you wouldn't see a framerate drop if you try and play with like 3 frames when you normally have 7

EDIT 2: OK, I see - certain servers just don't let you go below 5 frames of lag. It's a server-side fail not a ping-spoofing fail :(
This is because some servers are still running the inferior old Emulinker server which somehow sets your delay depending on your connection type, this I believe was done in order to ensure better FPS.

But even if you had 0 ping and used Good connection you'll always get 8 frames of delay, not a huge problem since you could use LAN to get 2 frames(that's the lowest you can ever get on old emulinker) but still, people with higher ping over 34 can't use LAN or they'll have lag spikes during the game and ping spoofing doesn't help here much unless your real ping on the server is under 34 or else you need to use Excellent(which will always give 5 frames).

So here's a summary, no matter what's your ping on an old Emulinker server, your Delay will be determined by your connection type.

LAN = 2 Frames (Optimal ping is under 34ms)
Excellent = 5 Frames (Optimal ping is under 67ms)
Good = 8 Frames (Optimal ping is under 100ms)
Average = 11 Frames (Optimal ping is under 134ms)
Low = 14 Frames (Optimal ping is under 167ms)
Bad = 17 Frames (Optimal ping is under 200ms)

However if your or any of the other player's ping in your game is above the "optimal" rates for each connection your game will have lag spikes.

Ping spoofing won't help you avoid lag spikes if your real ping is above the "optimal"

The servers running the old Emulinker are listed on the master server as "ver" 0.86

malva00

Smash Master
I think their server list loads way faster lol

and their waiting games pings the servers and loads it really fast

custom colors lol

dandan

Smash Lord
I think their server list loads way faster lol

and their waiting games pings the servers and loads it really fast
i am pretty sure that our p2p client does not use the default icmp packets and it is much bigger and slower.
you should be able to ping all the servers at once in a fraction of the time it takes right now.

malva00

Smash Master

buttons to the right of the chat button in order: switch between game and game list, open up playback mode window, on/off button for chat sounds(there are different ones), on/off button to make the chat not automatically scroll down

i think my chat kind of lags sometimes for some reason though

I just changed my comp settings so I can see japanese in the program windows.

I think the our official Japanese translator, hamburglar, should download it and translate the readme

bottom buttons: refresh, play file, save as, open, delete

dunno what the top stuff does

Skrlx

Smash Champion
cool, the new resize feature allows me to stick it to the sides of my monitor with windows 7

malva00

Smash Master
my kaillera chat window flashes even if it's not turned on in the options

pretty annoying

BUGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

EDIT: turns out this version isn't compatible with the p2p client the japanese use :(

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
my kaillera chat window flashes even if it's not turned on in the options

pretty annoying

BUGGGGGGGGGGGGGG

EDIT: turns out this version isn't compatible with the p2p client the japanese use :(
I cannot reproduce this flashing bug. Can you give me any more information?

malva00

Smash Master
B link came in then my join msg went up and he left

and my window was flashing the whole time wouldn't stop until i clicked on it and gave it focus

agp!!!

Smash Rookie
Ufff! great job! i just download it and i loved!
thanks so much!

See ya! :D

malva00

Smash Master
why does the chat bunch up together like this?

maybe it started happening after i enabled japanese characters in windows

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Ufff! great job! i just download it and i loved!
thanks so much!

See ya! :D
Thanks! :)

And IDK Malva, if it ever happens when japanese text is disabled, please let me know.

**Feature vote:**
a) ability to show/hide certain kinds of messages, such as *Joins, *Leaves, timestamps, etc.
b) work on fixing highlighting text / scrolling bugs
c) find a way to have newer waiting games up top

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
I vote for all 3 and take your time
xD
Well yeah, *ideally* every feature suggested will be implemented, but *realistically*, I need to choose an order. I'm really asking: which would you like to see first?

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
I'll actually take None of the above and suggest my own. Set it to remember the "lengths" of the divisions on the game list. It's cool that I can resize the kaillera window and it remembers the position, size and everything. But it's annoying that I have to shrink the game window each time just to be able to see Users in Game due to a smaller kaillera window.

dandan

Smash Lord
I'll actually take None of the above and suggest my own. Set it to remember the "lengths" of the divisions on the game list. It's cool that I can resize the kaillera window and it remembers the position, size and everything. But it's annoying that I have to shrink the game window each time just to be able to see Users in Game due to a smaller kaillera window.
totally agree with this, i also do not know why we need uid.
i wish we could resize the frames inside when joining a game on server, as i would like the chat to be wider and the player list to be way thinner, but i am guessing ui twicks like that will take a lot of work and come last.

ssbstreak

Smash Cadet
yo Owna I found a bug that really ticked me off just now.

I accidently minimized the kaillera window when I was on a server and then closed it out and every time i tried to log back on it would load already minimized but stuck there to where you couldn't open it up.

I had to replace my n02 configuration file in order to use it again. So i lost all my info that I had. !_!

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
yo Owna I found a bug that really ticked me off just now.

I accidently minimized the kaillera window when I was on a server and then closed it out and every time i tried to log back on it would load already minimized but stuck there to where you couldn't open it up.

I had to replace my n02 configuration file in order to use it again. So i lost all my info that I had. !_!
Next time you can go into the n02.ini file and edit the HEIGHT and WIDTH numbers.
But yeah... I'll see what I can do about that in the future.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Waiting games list crashes for me, after filling about 15 rows... -.-
Please see the last 2-3 changelogs

And btw it's 'fixed' (kinda) in the next patch that will be released today or tomorrow. It's actually not my fault but rather a failure of the protocol. It will make sense (if you're an IT person) in the next patch notes.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Release 17 is done. The OP will be edited with the updated link.

- **Newer games should now always go to the top!**
- The waiting games list now appears quickly again but does not ping a server unless you right click on it.
--- It turns out that the reason why my client would bug in the waiting games list and why supraclient also bugs in the waiting games list is a failure of the protocol itself. I can't do anything about it. For those who are technical, the data fields are delemitited by pipe characters, and so the glitch occurs when a server name has a pipe character in the middle of it. The glitch will occur any time a server with a pipe character in its name or description is hosting a game. With that said, I implemented a hack of sorts that should get around it for the time being.
--- If the above paragraph made no sense to you, it essentially means waiting games list stability increased and shouldn't mess up the data like supraclient does occasionally! (but it can never be perfect unless the protocol uses a different delimiter or disallows servers and their descriptions to have pipe characters) >_>
- **New feature: The "create" button now becomes a "swap" button that allows you to toggle between the in-game interface and the waiting games interface!
- Ping spoof adjustments!
--- Bug fix: it now only attempts to ping spoof if the ping is set in the range [0, 1000)
--- **Due to popular demand, the --FakePing suffix has been removed!
--- Instead, it the server now anounces (with an emote) that you are ping spoofing whenever someone joins a game you are in.
- **Options menu reworked:
- Fixed bug with the window flashing and beeping settings
--- Timestamps can now be turned on and off
----- Timestamps now are based on a 12-hour time instead of a 24-hour time
--- Join / leave messages can now be turned on and off (one option to control them both)

Sorry for not giving people credit for their ideas, but it honestly takes me 20 minutes sometimes sifting through old posts to see who the first person to suggest an idea was. Anyhow, by following this thread, you can see who suggests what features anyhow!

Enjoy,
Owna

Agent_21

Smash Apprentice
totally agree with this, i also do not know why we need uid.
i wish we could resize the frames inside when joining a game on server, as i would like the chat to be wider and the player list to be way thinner, but i am guessing ui twicks like that will take a lot of work and come last.
I guess making the UI tweaks available to the user is a lot of work, but I know just to simply change a window sized or button etc. wouldn't take no more than a minute in Visual Studio 2008.

@Owna Now all I gotta do is learn net coding and do a 4 player p2p ;)

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
I guess making the UI tweaks available to the user is a lot of work, but I know just to simply change a window sized or button etc. wouldn't take no more than a minute in Visual Studio 2008.

@Owna Now all I gotta do is learn net coding and do a 4 player p2p ;)
To make it scale as the window resizes is annoying code too. It's not hard, just annoying math that scales each item in the window accordingly to an arbitrary height and width. Each part of the window has a location, height, and width that is dynamically calculated. Letting the user change these values is definitely possible but not trivial.

Agent_21

Smash Apprentice
To make it scale as the window resizes is annoying code too. It's not hard, just annoying math that scales each item in the window accordingly to an arbitrary height and width. Each part of the window has a location, height, and width that is dynamically calculated. Letting the user change these values is definitely possible but not trivial.
Oh well yea I guess that would be alot harder, personally I wouldn't give a crap since I just like stuff done and maybe perfection after.

Top Bottom