• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

customized n02 kailleraclient

dandan

Smash Lord
I've got an idea.

LAG ALARM!

Option for the game hoster only.
Explaination: Have the option of enable/disable a lag alert system that automatically sends lagstats to a server (lets say each 20/30 seconds). Then, if someone lags (clearly) you receive a visual alert like a red light or something that makes you know who lags, so you dont have to
1) pause
2) do a lagstat
3) advice "...." player to try to fix the lag
The hoster of the game can also automatically send warning messages if someone lags.
Additional options: Ignore unless its more than "...." lagspikes

I think this will make it all a bit more simple and especially for the n00bs/newcomers
if am not mistaken, a lagstat is performed by sending about 250 icmp packets to each of the users and watching how many fail to be answered\time it takes to return in comparision to the sampled ping.
doing that ingame might cause a slowdown or ds even if it can cause packet loss to one of the users (as kaillera uses udp and not tcp), thus i do not think it is a good idea.
however, i might be talking complete nonesense and people like firo will know more about it.:bee:

xx0EleMenT0xx

Smash Apprentice
When I set this as Project64k's kaillera client, PJ fails to open =[

"The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application."

With Mupen64k, if I press on the "Kaillera" option, nothing happens.
I'm having this exact same problem as ShootingStar I think this needs to be investigated.
I even downloaded a fresh copy of project64k and the error still pops up when trying to use
your kaillerclient Ownasaurus. The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)

Edit: And if this helps any I am running Windows Xp Professional SP2 on a Pentium 4
with 1gb of ram.

dandan

Smash Lord
you still should make the master server list auto arrange by ping imo
also, in the master server list, you should keep the last entered server highlighted, as if you press enter to get into it, drop and press enter again, it refreshes the server list instead

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
I'm having this exact same problem as ShootingStar I think this needs to be investigated.
I even downloaded a fresh copy of project64k and the error still pops up when trying to use
your kaillerclient Ownasaurus. The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002)

Edit: And if this helps any I am running Windows Xp Professional SP2 on a Pentium 4
with 1gb of ram.
I am Win XP SP2 also, so I'm kinda clueless. The only way I can find out how to fix such an open-ended problem is with more information - which we might not have. Do you do all of your windows updates? I only ask this because many, many years ago, my P64K would crash if I didn't do certain (very old) security patches. Believe me, I'd fix it if I had any clue why this only happens to 1-2 people.

ssbstreak

Smash Cadet
I just came up with something cool.

That would be awesome if you could make an option to where if someone clicked on your name it would go to your youtube account or some website that you really like.

:D

NixxxoN

Smash Master
if am not mistaken, a lagstat is performed by sending about 250 icmp packets to each of the users and watching how many fail to be answered\time it takes to return in comparision to the sampled ping.
doing that ingame might cause a slowdown or ds even if it can cause packet loss to one of the users (as kaillera uses udp and not tcp), thus i do not think it is a good idea.
however, i might be talking complete nonesense and people like firo will know more about it.:bee:
Huh o_O I thought the server automatically stored some "temp data" regarding the packet loss and by doing the "/lagstat" command you only receive this temporal stored information causing no lag at all by the process... It is definitely cumulative from start of the game to finish
Maybe Firo can clear it up a bit more for us...

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
there's this bug where if you try to highlight text, the text somehow gets erased and mixed up with other text.
Release 11 said:
- Fixed a bug where you could edit the text of the in-game chat window
I think I fixed the problem in the last release, but let me know if it occurs again.

malva00 said:
what happened to waiting games?
I'll see what I can do... I'm not entirely sure how that button worked though.

agent21 said:
yea thats suprisingly a build proble, on your side owna
What makes you so sure? I really don't know what causes this for 2 out of what I assume to be 30+ users....

xx0EleMenT0xx and/or ShootingStar:

Would you mind downloading and installing Microsoft Visual C++ Redistributable from Microsoft's website and see if that fixes your problem? Thanks so much!

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Release 12 is done. The OP will be edited with the updated link.

- master server list now sorts by ping [idea: dandan]
- pinging a favorited kaillera server no longer overwrites the ip of the server [idea: asylum]
- **New feature: options menu! [idea: malva / A$]** Features include:
--- A place to specify maxplayers
--- A place to specify maxping
--- A place to specify if you want to enable samedelay [idea: nixxxon]

Enjoy,
Owna

NixxxoN

Smash Master
good job.
what do you think about the lag alarm idea?
at least I think it would be useful to add some automatic lag message to whoever lags, it makes it more newbie friendly
tired of noobs who dont even know what lag means

Why do you think apple is so successful? because its so n00b friendly

dandan

Smash Lord
are you going to try and implement the anti3d server list? it is really nice and works well with supraclient.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Nixxxon: maybe, but since there is already a lag detetion feature that works (lagstat), that would be a lower priority update.

dandan: yeah I'm pretty sure it will be implemented

Agent_21

Smash Apprentice
What makes you so sure? I really don't know what causes this for 2 out of what I assume to be 30+ users....
I was thinking the same thing but I did some research on that error and that's a build problem, but I do suggest that you guys do a virus scan and a registry cleanup. And also try uninstalling and reinstalling VC++ Redist.

Agent_21

Smash Apprentice
I've got an idea.

LAG ALARM!

Option for the game hoster only.
Explaination: Have the option of enable/disable a lag alert system that automatically sends lagstats to a server (lets say each 20/30 seconds). Then, if someone lags (clearly) you receive a visual alert like a red light or something that makes you know who lags, so you dont have to
1) pause
2) do a lagstat
3) advice "...." player to try to fix the lag
The hoster of the game can also automatically send warning messages if someone lags.
Additional options: Ignore unless its more than "...." lagspikes

I think this will make it all a bit more simple and especially for the n00bs/newcomers
That idea is cool and that could be implemented on the server just the alarm thing I don't like, it would be nice if it would automatically /lagstat every minute or so.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
I was thinking the same thing but I did some research on that error and that's a build problem, but I do suggest that you guys do a virus scan and a registry cleanup. And also try uninstalling and reinstalling VC++ Redist.
I would love if you could link me to a resource that said it was a build problem, if that also says what the supposed fix was. If it isn't the VC++ redist., then maybe I just need to explicitly define the winver or something like that... idk. If any coders have ideas, I'm all ears.

How's vacation?

EDIT: IMO It's gotta be at the user's end - either lacking VC++ 2008 redistributable or .net framework 2 or 3 or whatever this uses >_>.

Agent_21

Smash Apprentice
I would love if you could link me to a resource that said it was a build problem, if that also says what the supposed fix was. If it isn't the VC++ redist., then maybe I just need to explicitly define the winver or something like that... idk. If any coders have ideas, I'm all ears.

How's vacation?

EDIT: IMO It's gotta be at the user's end - either lacking VC++ 2008 redistributable or .net framework 2 or 3 or whatever this uses >_>.
I'm thinking the same thing but after googling the error I saw a total different solution to the problem. http://social.msdn.microsoft.com/forums/en-US/vcgeneral/thread/eb6a6e10-9996-42c5-a8d4-6c71c375a7bd/

Here are a few more links.
http://www.smartcomputing.com/techsupport/detail.aspx?guid=&ErrorID=21816

http://stackoverflow.com/questions/1231235/application-failed-to-initialize-properly-0xc0150002

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Release 13 is done. The OP will be edited with the updated link.

- fixed bug where if you cleared your custom join message, it would not save [idea: Streak]
- re-worked the master server list:
--- closing and re-opening the master server list (if you wait a second) will now cause it to re-refresh automatically
--- fixed a bug where the master server list would occasionally sort by highest ping instead of by lowest ping
--- **Added a button to access the anti3d server list!** [idea: Smasher]
- MIGHT have fixed the xx0EleMenT0xx / ShootingStar bug, though I really think the problem is on their end with either not having the latest .NET framework or not having the latest VC++ runtime.
- NOTE: The waiting games list button, which is currently disabled, should be functional in the next release or two.

Also, to protect this project from being named ownZclient, I have decided with Smasher's input that it can be called OwnaClient (or OC for short).

Enjoy,
Owna

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
I'm not downloading it anymore or updating it anymore till you get it so when you join a server your banned from or dead server it doesn't take for ever to load and so that it will say

BANNED or it will say Server is offline or Ping too high depending on which it is

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
smasher: Lol threatening to not use it won't make me go any faster or slower, even if you're frustrated with it. That being said, modifying the winsock timeout parameter shouldn't be too hard and I might get to it sooner than later. After all, it annoys me too when I try to join a dead server.

malva: That's a pretty useful idea - and certainly easier than what I do (copy into notepad then do a search) - but I probably will code a bunch of other things first and save this for after my last final exam.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
smasher: Lol threatening to not use it won't make me go any faster or slower, even if you're frustrated with it. That being said, modifying the winsock timeout parameter shouldn't be too hard and I might get to it sooner than later. After all, it annoys me too when I try to join a dead server.

I'm just tired of that huge bug in it. Also spoof ping is good idea. But the dead server / banned server is what i really want fixed.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
A 2 second timeout instead of a 15 second timeout will be included in tonight's or tomorrow's BIG release (#14). However, I have no idea how to ping spoof (lower) on kaillera from the client's side. Sorry :(

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
A 2 second timeout instead of a 15 second timeout will be included in tonight's or tomorrow's BIG release (#14). However, I have no idea how to ping spoof (lower) on kaillera from the client's side. Sorry :(
It deals with you making it so the Kaillera client has delay to how long it takes to connect to server and can be speed up by the client connecting besides internet connecting. Ask fireblaster he mite be able to help more.

ssbstreak

Smash Cadet
Owna you should make it where you can right click someones name in the game chat not the username list and be able to mute them if your the host or be able to send them a private message and such.

NeoKronos

Smash Apprentice
Since we are having these request based updates, could request something, I tihnk its simple.

I run Vista, and my game crashes a fair bit, sometimes it just crashes from DS. Could you put in an autosave feature or a save button to save things like the local list, the nickname, and game settings such as max users and ping so that I can save these options when I make them so when my computer crashed I don't have to go and set them again.

Cheers bro your a legend

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Release 14 is done. The OP will be edited with the updated link.

- More work has been done to the server lists:
--- pressing <enter> in the master server list, anti3d server list, or waiting games list now joins the selected server instead of refreshing (or cancelling the refreshing of) the list [idea: dandan]
--- fixed a bug where the server/game list would not disappear if you joined using the connect button
--- fixed a bug where hitting enter before selecting a kaillera server would close the current window and make it so eventually you could not close p64k without the aid of the task manager
- changed the server connect timeout period from 15 seconds to 2 seconds (nobody plays with a ping over 1000 anyway I hope... amirite?) [idea: originally malva and recently smasher]
- significantly reduced file size (should have been in the last release's patch notes)
--- the file for this release would have been about 160kb but is now in the 90kb range
- fixed a bug where after p2p'ing, you sometimes could not close p64k without the aid of the task manager
- **There has been another major stability increase!** P64k should crash far less often, and if it does, please let me know what you were doing when it crashed so I can make it even more stable. The only time I've seen it crash since this fix is very rarely in the kaillera server upon closing.

Waiting games list is almost done, but it still has bugs and I could not finish it tonight.

Also, if anybody knows what triggers the scrolling bug where the in-game chat scrolls up to the top, please let me know so I can try to fix it. Thanks!

Enjoy,
Owna

malva00

Smash Master
how about having the "change mode" box highlighted when the p2p client first opens so you can quickly mouse wheel scroll to p2p or playback mode

and then have it still be highlighted after the mode changes or you come out of a server window in case you wanna mouse wheel scroll quickly

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Hude error in v14

The bottom buttoms the Waiting games list is always shaded and the anti3D master server list button is waiting games list.

malva00

Smash Master
Hude error in v14

The bottom buttoms the Waiting games list is always shaded and the anti3D master server list button is waiting games list.
- NOTE: The waiting games list button, which is currently disabled, should be functional in the next release or two.

I click on anti3D and I get a server list not waiting games >__>

but OPTIONS isn't spelled correctly I think it says OPTONS on mine

ALSO

i went into p2p mode one time with release 14 and it looked like this

lol but it went back to normal after I restarted it. the date on the p2p mode isn't correct

dandan

Smash Lord
how about having the "change mode" box highlighted when the p2p client first opens so you can quickly mouse wheel scroll to p2p or playback mode
agreed, i am so used to just scrolling for mode when opening the client, i feel dumb everytime i see the nick is the highlighted box.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
you should open source this... same goes for smasher's "updated" pj64k... any reason not to?
This is the first request for me to open source it. I have no inherent problem with open sourcing it, but I'm extremely anal about nice, neat code. My code in it's current state has huge blocks commented out and a few other things I don't like, so I would not release it as-is. To answer your question, I would be more than happy to release the source if enough people want me to, but I have to do some cleanup before I release it - which will take a moderate amount of time. Honestly though, a lot of the messiness is from the original n02 source - you gotta believe me! (There are unnecessary bits of code in { } and some really odd conditional logic, some of which I fixed.) I'll release the source some time after my last final exam on Monday if a few people are interested. However, I'm hoping people will contribute to the same great project instead of seeing like 5 offshoots because 1 amazing client is better than 5 good ones!

Smasher: Read the changelog! It is intentionally disabled, though It will be enabled in the next release even if it is not completely finished since it is functional at the moment. Currently in my version, every column works except the ping column, since the code is a bit tricky to ping all of the servers to be honest. Anti3d should look identical to the master server list except that it is fetching the list from the anti3d URL you gave me a long time ago. Is this not the case for you?

Malva: Please let me know if that bug in your screenshot happens again.
EDIT: Where is the OPTONS typo?!

Top Bottom