• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

customized n02 kailleraclient

firo

Smash Ace
In terms of ping spoofing: The only reason why someone would want to spoof a ping (in my opinion) is to get less delay when playing games, or log on to the server when they are already over the ping limit. Setting your own delay on the server (maybe like a temp ping that is just used for the delay calculation) is something that will be coming eventually if it is possible. I'd rather that be the primary solution for this rather than ping editing right now, but that might change.

And Blue Yoshi, you can play on kaillera with multiple people if you launch multiple emulators. I know that isn't the solution you want, but having kaillera take two players from one emulator might be a bigger project that may require some server modifications also.

firo

Smash Ace
Firo: how about a /setdelay command that overrides the delay calculated by ping? I can't imagine it being too difficult.
I have done experiments with that kind of stuff and it should get working eventually. I'm still working on deciphering all of the netcode but it seems that the way the server detects desynchs depends on one's delay values. It'll be solved fairly soon I hope.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Release 6 is done. The OP will be edited with the updated link.

- made the green text slightly greener to better distinguish it from the black font
- added some color to the in-game chat (it was always all black)
- **added new "My IP?" button in the p2p client.** clicking this button brings the user to www.whatismyip.com (which is my favorite way to check my global ip)
- added user IDs to the user list
-**Right click on any user for the following options:**
--- Finduser
--- Ignore / Unignore
and for admins:
--- Silence
--- Ban
--- Kick
--- Tempelevate
--- Tempadmin

Enjoy,
Owna

Asylum

Smash Journeyman
Suggestions thus far:

1. Save the window placements. Both of the windows default to the center of the screen and the client doesn't save the user placement.

2. Override the emulator not being able to type numbers in game (if possible, since it is an emulator pj64k issue).

3. p2p teams

4. More colorzzzzz (darken the green color it's too bright)

5. Have client not jump back down automatically in main server chat when you want to scroll up for something. (happens when someone sends a message) And maybe an easy way to go back to the bottom so the chat continues (instead of trying to get back to the bottom when someone sends a message which can be annoying. Maybe a lock or unlock button? Just a suggestion.

6. have "control a" work (copies all messages, or the message in the specific box your in)

7. the ability to know what you're in when you join something.

8. the ability to right click someones name and private message(chat) them

9. make the client re-sizable.

10. When you have a server in the local list, you're able to right click it to make it go from the servers ip address, to the latency(ping), but when you right click again, it does nothing. It does not go back to the ip address.

11. A spot to put an automated message that appears every time someone joins the room.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I bet p2p teams is not doable.
You would need three times more bandwidth (each player has to send data for the 3 other players) and the delay would be the biggest one between any combination of the four players, plus I can imagine getting DS all day.
I'm pretty sure server teams will always be better.
Also I'd say it would be overfukingcomplicated to program this for ownasaurus, unless hes a genious

DMoogle said:
Firo: how about a /setdelay command that overrides the delay calculated by ping? I can't imagine it being too difficult.
You get one less frame: you get more lag and more ds, exactly the same as p2p. I think its not worth it

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
what spoiler?

edit: are you saying that cause your upload speed is 100KB/s? it's totally doable

NixxxoN

Smash Master
what spoiler?

edit: are you saying that cause your upload speed is 100KB/s? it's totally doable
Its not only about having a good upload speed (you would need probably at least 0,5 Mbps which not everyone has) also im not sure if this system can work well. Im sure you will get far more chances of getting a ds with those multiconnetions with each player instead of a central sever connecting all of them.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Can you also make the messages of people joining/leaving gray, like it is in the main chat?

Thanks again for all the work you've done so far.
I thought I did do this.... Not sure what happened to it.

Also, sorry everyone but I gotta tell you right now that I will not be coding "4 player p2p" as a part of this project. What Nixxxon said is largely correct, and I have the same fears that he does.

What it all boils down to is that people want to play teams with low latency. 4 player p2p would probably not accomplish that, but perhaps I'll play around with it at a future date.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
To all Windows Vista users: You have to run PJ64k.exe as the administrator to make it save the server list.

Also, the My IP button should get the IP and copy it directly instead of running the browser, like the dandan mini program does. It could have also some alternative websites if the main one doesnt work.

firo

Smash Ace
Having a 4 player p2p would functionally be pretty much the same as 4 people playing with one of them hosting a server.

The installation for an emulinker server is publically avaliable here:
http://www.emulinker.org/index.php?page=Download

All someone has to do is download and unzip that, possibly change something in the config files if needed, open ports 27888 to about 27894 (each player is assigned the next unused port after 27888), and then run the server batch file. The person hosting will use his local ip to connect, everybody else should use his global ip.

dandan

Smash Lord
why make the p2p button send to whatismyip, why not just get the ip directly

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Having a 4 player p2p would functionally be pretty much the same as 4 people playing with one of them hosting a server.

All someone has to do is download and unzip that, possibly change something in the config files if needed, open ports 27888 to about 27894 (each player is assigned the next unused port after 27888), and then run the server batch file. The person hosting will use his local ip to connect, everybody else should use his global ip.
For anyone who didn't absorb this, this means that ANYONE can host their own kaillera server TEMPORARILY just for the 4 people who want to play the teams match. As long as a person in the "middle" geographically is hosting, people should get fairly low pings.

And now that I think about it, for 4 player p2p, the two people with the farthest distance from each other would hold up everyone else anyway, and therefore it would not be much if at all faster than kaillera is (if my logic is sound).

why make the p2p button send to whatismyip, why not just get the ip directly
May I have your java src please? I could probably figure it out myself but time is not on my side. Also, one time when I tried to do something like this about 3 years ago, I think it only fetched the person's local ip, which is why I just decided to launch a website to be safe.

DMoogle

A$

That would be fine, except for the fact that if I'm connected to a server (i.e. I'm not p2ping), I lag out every 20 minutes or so.

dandan

Smash Lord
May I have your java src please? I could probably figure it out myself but time is not on my side. Also, one time when I tried to do something like this about 3 years ago, I think it only fetched the person's local ip, which is why I just decided to launch a website to be safe.
here is the src
http://www.mediafire.com/?1inlzzfnzwa

also note that it trancuates ":27888" at the end as this is the port i am using, you should erase that line, and it copies it dircetly to the clipboard, you should check wether kaillera will have the permission to access to the clipboard, but i am doubtful it won't as you do not need admin power to do so.

if you want me to export it so you could import it more easily to eclipse i would do so, but i thought it would be easier just to watch the src code.
btw, i did this before i knew how to code, just kinda figured how to do this, so i am guessing the code itself does not look nice (i have not looked at it for like a year), so be advised if you are having difficulties reading it, it is not because i suck ;)

MarioReincarnate

Smash Journeyman
Can I request the window not auto-center? Remembering where I want it would be ideal, but at the very least, when i connect to a server, just put the window where I had the server window at... know what I mean?

It's one of the most annoying things for me about all the clients.

Asylum

Smash Journeyman
Can I request the window not auto-center? Remembering where I want it would be ideal, but at the very least, when i connect to a server, just put the window where I had the server window at... know what I mean?

It's one of the most annoying things for me about all the clients.
I suggested that also on the previous page. And I agree that is a very annoying thing when you have to do it every single time.

Suggestions thus far:

1. Save the window placements. Both of the windows default to the center of the screen and the client doesn't save the user placement.

2. Override the emulator not being able to type numbers in game (if possible, since it is an emulator pj64k issue).

3. p2p teams

4. More colorzzzzz (darken the green color it's too bright)

5. Have client not jump back down automatically in main server chat when you want to scroll up for something. (happens when someone sends a message) And maybe an easy way to go back to the bottom so the chat continues (instead of trying to get back to the bottom when someone sends a message which can be annoying. Maybe a lock or unlock button? Just a suggestion.

6. have "control a" work (copies all messages, or the message in the specific box your in)

7. the ability to know what you're in when you join something.

8. the ability to right click someones name and private message(chat) them

9. make the client re-sizable.

10. When you have a server in the local list, you're able to right click it to make it go from the servers ip address, to the latency(ping), but when you right click again, it does nothing. It does not go back to the ip address.

11. A spot to put an automated message that appears every time someone joins the room.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
For anyone who didn't absorb this, this means that ANYONE can host their own kaillera server TEMPORARILY just for the 4 people who want to play the teams match. As long as a person in the "middle" geographically is hosting, people should get fairly low pings.

And now that I think about it, for 4 player p2p, the two people with the farthest distance from each other would hold up everyone else anyway, and therefore it would not be much if at all faster than kaillera is (if my logic is sound).
With this 3 players+1 server player method you need a person who is in the middle of the other three, who has good ping with everyone, and has high bandwidth speed. Too much demanding i guess lol and i dont think it would be better from server playing as the server usually offers better routing, lower ping, and surely a huge bandwidth, but people surely can try and test...

dandan

Smash Lord

actually, to host a server you have to set it outside the dmz as the server uses random ports.
i for one would not be willing to do that as it is so simple to use it for hacks.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
actually, to host a server you have to set it outside the dmz as the server uses random ports.
i for one would not be willing to do that as it is so simple to use it for hacks.
It's not random, it is actually sequential. By default, the server uses port 27888 and the first person to join uses port 27889. The next person uses port 27890, etc. Some people might not want to open up that many ports, though, but more often than not it's completely harmless.

So for 4 player p2p, the minimal port range to open would be 27888-27892 (though if a player has to leave and reconnect, either the port range would have to be higher or the user would have to restart the local kaillera server).

dandan

Smash Lord
It's not random, it is actually sequential. By default, the server uses port 27888 and the first person to join uses port 27889. The next person uses port 27890, etc. Some people might not want to open up that many ports, though, but more often than not it's completely harmless.

So for 4 player p2p, the minimal port range to open would be 27888-27892 (though if a player has to leave and reconnect, either the port range would have to be higher or the user would have to restart the local kaillera server).
it might be sequential with the emulinker servers, with 0.86 it is not, i had ports in 5000s to the 28000s

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
i was wondering, why does fairly high ping in p2p still result in very low delay? let's say you get the same ping in the server and the same ping when you p2p with a certain individual, why is the delay way lower in p2p? does the p2p client calculate delay better than the server?

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
i was wondering, why does fairly high ping in p2p still result in very low delay? let's say you get the same ping in the server and the same ping when you p2p with a certain individual, why is the delay way lower in p2p? does the p2p client calculate delay better than the server?
Because you don't use LAN connection while on a server

NixxxoN

Smash Master
it still is way different. for me for example. when i play you with p2p it is 5 frames with 150ms, and on galaxy with 150 i have 11 frames on lan.
P2P produces lower delay because on P2P the data has to travel only the distance from one PC to another. While playing on server it has to travel from one PC to the server, and from the server to the other PC.

And probably you can get 9 frames on LAN with 150 ping (I get 9 with 148, maybe 150 is the limit, still unplayable anyway)

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
P2P produces lower delay because on P2P the data has to travel only the distance from one pc to another. While playing on server it has to travel from one PC to the server, and from the server to the other PC.

And probably you can get 9 frames on LAN with 150 ping (I get 9 with 148, maybe 150 is the limit)
refer to my previous post, nixxxon.

your ping is determined by how many milliseconds it takes for your computer to ping the server. What I said was let's say you get 78 ping with a friend in p2p and you get 78 ping in galaxy 64. In p2p, that would be about 4-3 frames while on the server even on LAN that would be about 7 frames. You have the same ping on both so why is the delay difference so significant?

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
For p2p, the packet goes directly from user to user and is essentially measured by ping time.

For kaillera, the packet goes FIRST to the sever and SECOND out again to the users. Think of it as a one-way trip vs a round-trip. The round-trip takes twice as long. But ping measures the one-way distance. Although the analogy is not perfect,I hope this analogy clears things up.

ssbstreak

Smash Cadet
I've got a request though many people might not want it.

Could you give me a option or make it to where any time someone curses or says something unfit/nasty that it would be bleeped out or put in symbols kinda like #)(*#&^ or something of the such?

The main reason for this is my parents and the fact that they'll kill me if they see it and also I just hate cursing period.

Keep up the great work!!!!

Top Bottom