• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

customized n02 kailleraclient

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Release 5 is done. The OP will be edited with the updated link.

- fixed p2p chat box not having initial focus [idea: Ownasaurus]
- fixed bug with p2p minimizing as client [idea: Ownasaurus]
- improved window appearence by making the window elements have defined borders [idea: A$]
- added beeps on user join to mimic Nov 07 client behavior [idea: malva00]
- fixed spelling error in p2p client [idea: firo]
- fixed invisible button bug found in certain versions of windows [idea: A$]
- hyperlinks work on kaillera and p2p [idea: Agent 21]
- "/refresh" or "/clear" will clear the individual chat windows (client-side) on kaillera [idea: Lordsmash]

Thanks for the inspiration. I hope this client is becoming more appealing to use each day.

Enjoy,
Owna

NixxxoN

Smash Master
It is VERY important to make it compatible with all the old kaillera clients so it all doesnt become an imcompatibility mess

NixxoN, like supraclient's format?
its annoying when you want to write something and the game screen is above it. The best would be to have the choice to merge both windows if you want, but thats for the bigger screens (mine is 1680x1050) and the smaller screens have the choice to have them separately and you can resize them both.

Lordsmash

Smash Apprentice
Make it so all alt symbols work. Make it so they are not a bar thingy or ? i think you can do that by editing font.

☺

dandan

Smash Lord
if you want, i can give you a small java executable i have coded that gets your external ip so you could replace the whatismyip button.

you should also make it that the master server list is auto organized by ping at the start.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
It is VERY important to make it compatible with all the old kaillera clients so it all doesnt become an imcompatibility mess

its annoying when you want to write something and the game screen is above it. The best would be to have the choice to merge both windows if you want, but thats for the bigger screens (mine is 1680x1050) and the smaller screens have the choice to have them separately and you can resize them both.
Who said it isn't compatible? *confused* If you found a problem that I don't know about, please let me know.

About the window size thing: when the kaillera window is resizable, eventually, that should be a good solution for you. I don't think I can make the game window and chat area part of the same window, unless I have the kaillera dll hack into the p64 window attributes on the fly LOL. Maybe some day if I'm really, really, really bored....

Lordsmash, I'll look into it to see if the controls being used (rich-edit, etc) have that feature built in. If so, it would be a super easy fix.

dandan, I can definitely add a whatismyip button if that's really needed, but I personally believe people should know how to look up their IPs by themselves. Maybe that's just me.

ssbstreak, you can click on the word "Name" in the top right to sort users alphabetically by their name. I will probably leave the default as being sorted by ping cause that is what I'm used to, but I'll consider changing it if nearly everyone wants it sorted by name.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Local server list gets deleted everytime you open the kaillera client or everytime you change mode <_<
Also, minor issue but still an issue, the master servers list doesnt get automatically sorted by ping.

+ The IP getter button is soo needed.

Edit: Why not adding a /samedelay true button

Fireblaster

Smash Lord
This client is getting pretty good and I'm already using it. All this thing needs now is a rightclick -> ignore function to seal the deal and I'll use this thing permanently. So many idiots on kaillera that having this ability would be a blessing.

malva00

Smash Master
i think the only way to find out the server is dead is by pinging him, hence creating your stall.
then how come in the past some dead servers would automatically say "error connecting" and let me close the server window right away to go back to my local list and then others made me wait plenty of seconds

The Star King

Smash Hero
What version of windows are you running? Is it older than XP?
I'm using XP. Update 5 still has the same issue for me =[ I have no idea what can be causing the issue, all my other kaillera clients work

Even though I haven't used it, this really cool, and I'm probably like the only one having issues lol

Lordsmash

Smash Apprentice
Request list #2.

Right click on player list to /ignore user, /unignore user

Custom command to auto kick someone from your room which would be right click on the player list so like /kill or something

custom command /Bot to auto load a away game and auto say Be right Back.

DMoogle

A$
+1 on the IP button. Even better if it auto copies to the clipboard. It's just more convenient than going to a website to grab it, or even dandan's script.
- fixed spelling error in p2p client [idea: firo]
I think I was the one who pointed this out first. :) But maybe not...

Request: More (and more distinct) color coding. I like the idea of red text for creating/closing games, and BRIGHT green text for server messages. This screenshot makes it pretty obvious. Right now the green text for server messages is very similar to black, and there is absolutely no color coding in game rooms (joining/leaving players should be gray).

malva00

Smash Master
anyway to make it so if you enter a server from the server list and then you exit the server, it'll show the server list again instead of going back to the normal window?

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Streak, np

DI, you're welcome

boom, i'll think about implementing it

malva, i could try and see if i can make the timeout period shorter. also, what client and/or server would automatically say "error connecting"? finally, i can probably make it return to the server list.

nixxon, i cannot reproduce your problem where the list deletes itself. also, do other versions of the client automatically sort by ping? i've personally never used the samedelay feature before... does anyone else use it?

fireblaster, as soon as i implement a userid list somehow, all the slash commands that use it will be placed in the right click menu

ShootingStar, what a bizarre problem. I wonder if the saved settings got corrupted somehow....

Lordsmash, I like the autokick idea the best... so you can effectively ban certain people from your games.

A$, I'll see what I can do about the colors.

everyone, i'm normally a fairly busy person who just happened to have a few days of free time this week. expect progress to slow down considerably as i have 2 huge exams coming up soon.

i'll do the best i can to implement the most popular features during my free time :)

- Owna

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
I'll start using when you can ping spoof on servers
I just looked at the server-client ping code, and I simply do not see a way to accomplish this (unless you want to INCREASE your ping). I am aware of a 0 ping client that existed at some point due to a bug, but has anyone ever succeeded in setting an arbitrary kaillera server ping?

In other news, some text color tweaks have been performed, and an IP button has been added so far. They will be included in tomorrow's release. Stay tuned!

dandan

Smash Lord
then how come in the past some dead servers would automatically say "error connecting" and let me close the server window right away to go back to my local list and then others made me wait plenty of seconds
because those servers were reachable, but the port was not open or they did not run the server client. when you are trying to reach a server which is unreachable, you have to wait for a timeout.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
it wasn't a bug
I haven't looked at the relevant server code yet, but based on the client code, it looks like:

Server sends crafted packet as a ping
Client sends a crafted response as a pong (I think the packet contains the data "0123")
Upon receiving the pong, server determines ping time by calculating elapsed time.

If this is true, then the ping is determined server-side. So I don't see how any way aside from abusing a bug could lead to a 0 ping. Then again, like I said I haven't looked at it from the server's perspective yet so I could be wrong.

If you know something I don't, feel free to post it here. Similar to the custom frame delay feature for p2p, the goal here is to allow someone to potentially go from say 7 frames of delay to 5 frames of delay (which on kaillera is 1 notch faster). I don't think this can cause too much abuse cause someone lowering their ping too much would be pointless as it would render their games much less playable.

dandan

Smash Lord
you could possibly alter galaxy's code and enter this feature, like a adding a flag to the server code that allows the client to send the requested delay. i think firo might allow you to access the code.

DMoogle

A$
How about replacing the lagreset button with an "Options" button that pops up a menu (not a drop-down menu, a whole new dialog box) for a bunch of random stuff?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
nixxon, i cannot reproduce your problem where the list deletes itself. also, do other versions of the client automatically sort by ping? i've personally never used the samedelay feature before... does anyone else use it?
November 1 2007 doesnt delete my local list, and the master servers list seems to ping the servers faster and it sorts them automatically by lowest ping.
Anyone else having this problem?????

The samedelay feature is useful for people who wanna play in the same ping so its more fair for all players, and also its fair for team matches. I thought you could add buttons/options for most of the kaillera server commands so it feels more like a complete kaillera client.

DMoogle

A$
I'm pretty sure samedelay is a server-side command, so it doesn't matter which Kaillera client you use.

I suppose in the "Options" menu I mentioned, there could be an "auto-samedelay ON" feature. :)

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I'm pretty sure samedelay is a server-side command, so it doesn't matter which Kaillera client you use.
samedelay, ignore, lagstat and several other commands are not available on old server versions (0.99 and such)

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
dandan, i do have full access and i've always considered implementing it from the server side, which is certainly possible but not in the scope of this project

Nixxxon + ShootingStar, I'd really like to fix your problems and wonder if you guys have something in common that makes it behave differently on your machines. At the moment though, I'm clueless.

Everyone, please realize that there are plenty of features that you might want that others do not. My goal is to try and implement features that are useful to the majority of people first. Tweaks that might be useful but are unnecessary, such as the flashing taskbar or a button to save you typing /samedelay true might be coded but will have lower priority. These little tweaks might all end up under an "options" button, as suggested by A$.

Blue Yoshi

Smash Master
Hmm... thinking about it... could you add a feature where more than one person can play online from the same computer? At times, I wanted to play online with a friend... but... well, that isn't possible since we can't both be on the same computer.

Top Bottom