• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

customized n02 kailleraclient

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
it crashes on the old pj64k and the new pj64kve, only when there's a playback file in the records folder.

anyone else have this problem?
Can you please tell me stuff like what OS you're running and any other info that might help Thanks!

Release 7 is done. The OP will be edited with the updated link.

- master server list behavior improved [idea: malva00]
--- if you join a server from the master server list, leaving brings you back to the master server list
--- if you join a server before the master server list is done refreshing, it continues its refresh silently in the background so that when you eventually go back to the list, the list is complete
- game IDs added to game list interface [idea: firo + agent21]
- fixed bug where users could not be sorted by connection type for some reason (LOL!)
- shows users' pings next to their names when they join, including yourself (Nov 09 behavior) [idea: pretty much everyone]
- fixed spelling error (Excelent -> Excellent) [idea: LULZ]
- fixed colors again (please give feedback about this!)
--- the light grey *join and *leave color has been replaced with a slight blue tint
--- in-game *join and *leave messages are now the same color as they are in the normal chat
- **Important**: Fixed bug in Windows Vista where settings would not save. This occured because the .ini file that sotred the settings was located in the root of your drive, such as C:\n02.ini. This file has now been moved to the local p64k directory, so if you don't want to have to reload all of your settings, simply copy or move the C:\n02.ini to <path to p64k folder>\n02.ini [bug originally discovered by: Nixxxon and possibly ShootingStar]

ShootingStar, please let me know if this last change now allows this kailleraclient to work for you now.

Also, please do not expect daily releases anymore as I have exams to study for until the 14th.

Enjoy,
Owna

dandan

Smash Lord
i have the same problem of it crashing when there are krec files in the recordings folder and switching to playback. i am running win 7 64 bit fully upgraded.

Warm Milk is Nasty

Smash Rookie
/kill

Ignores user ID, Doesn't show when they make a game. Doesn't show there logout, auto kicks them from your games.

/IgnoreAdmin

Deletes everything a admin, superadmin or mod says in result looking like ignore doesn't show what they say in main chat.

/setLAN /setEXC /setGOOD

saying that while in a game will auto kick anyone without which ever one you set so say i say
/setLAN if anyone joins with exc or good or bad they will be auto kicked. Only people with lan can join.

Kaillera Server tabs

To join 2 or more servers at once with tabs on your masterserver list or the main menu of your client.

Asylum

Smash Journeyman
/setLAN /setEXC /setGOOD

saying that while in a game will auto kick anyone without which ever one you set so say i say
/setLAN if anyone joins with exc or good or bad they will be auto kicked. Only people with lan can join.
That's not the way to go about it because if they change their connection to join your room they won't be able to. In my opinion, a good way to do this would be to only allow people with your connection type to join your game. If the person does not have the same connection type have it say something along the lines of: "Error, please switch to Excellent connection to join this room".

Also, great job on the latest release. You're doing great work. Thanks.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Release 8 is done. The OP will be edited with the updated link.

- renamed "My IP?" button to "Copy IP + port to clipboard"
---The new name indicates its new function [requested by various, thanks to dandan] (and for the first time in my life I wish I had the java libraries for this socket crap)
- playback crashing bug has been fixed! [idea: malva] ---Also, the delete button did absolutely nothing when pressed, so I fixed that too. Recoded the time format to be in "mm/dd/yyyy" instead of "mm-1/dd" (may was showing up as "04", etc. and changed to american format cause I'm american >_>)
- "start" and "kick" buttons are now clickable even if you're not the host. this way, admins can start the game and/or kick players from the game if they want to. [idea: firo]
- fixed a bug where you could add kaillera servers with no name or ip, so the entry would be invisible unless you clicked on it. however, this bug can still occur if you fill the server name or ip with whitespace (tabs, spaces, etc.) [idea:firo]
- partially fixed auto-scrolling kaillera windows: [idea: various]
--- it only seems to stop the auto-scrolling if the cursor is not in the chat window
--- it does not ever highlight the new things said by people like it used to if the cursor was in the chat window
--- highlighting text in the chat window should now work properly
--- I will try to make a complete fix in the future, but right now, this is the best i can do
- create game button is now disabled a user joins or start a games to prevent a possible bug where you become locked out of games unless you relog into the server [idea: agent]

Agent_21

Smash Apprentice
/kill

Ignores user ID, Doesn't show when they make a game. Doesn't show there logout, auto kicks them from your games.

/IgnoreAdmin

Deletes everything a admin, superadmin or mod says in result looking like ignore doesn't show what they say in main chat.

/setLAN /setEXC /setGOOD

Ok those are server suggestions, and cannot be added through the kaillera client, if you have suggestions like that and you are talking about Galaxy 64 kaillera server then you need to direct those suggestions to me or Firo. Also, I like your /kill command but instead I'll rename it to /block and I'll start working on that command. I also like that set connection command, those will definately be coded.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Ok those are server suggestions, and cannot be added through the kaillera client, if you have suggestions like that and you are talking about Galaxy 64 kaillera server then you need to direct those suggestions to me or Firo. Also, I like your /kill command but instead I'll rename it to /block and I'll start working on that command.
Okay then that sounds fine agent. Too bad ill never know if you use it or not.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Release 9 is done. The OP will be edited with the updated link.

- New feature!: You can now send private messages to users by double clicking on their name in the users list. Alternatively, you can do right click --> Send PM in the users list.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
when someone kicks you from a game (in my case, it was due to the hing ping) It doesnt notice it to you, it just says "player left the game"

malva00

Smash Master
waiting games is the COOLEST you get to see all the waiting games

I vote to have it in the next update

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
waiting games is the COOLEST you get to see all the waiting games

I vote to have it in the next update
I plan on pulling an all nighter to finish it

What is the next major feature people would like to see:
a) re-sizable window
b) anti3d server list
c) an options menu that stores a bunch of misc. options (perhaps color options, default options like maxplayers, etc.)

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
I'd really liked tabbed kaillera windows where I can be in many servers at the same time. It would be cool if you can be in the p2p window and be in the server on the other tab.

DMoogle

A$
I plan on pulling an all nighter to finish it

What is the next major feature people would like to see:
a) re-sizable window
b) anti3d server list
c) an options menu that stores a bunch of misc. options (perhaps color options, default options like maxplayers, etc.)
a > c > b

But I imagine c shouldn't take much time at all.

The Star King

Smash Hero
ShootingStar, please let me know if this last change now allows this kailleraclient to work for you now.
Sorry for the late response, but I didn't see this up until now. No, release 9 still doesn't work for me D:

It's probably something dumb that'll only happen to me, I wouldn't worry about this too much.

Asylum

Smash Journeyman
Suggestions thus far:

1. Save the window placements. Both of the windows default to the center of the screen and the client doesn't save the user placement.

2. Override the emulator not being able to type numbers in game (if possible, since it is an emulator pj64k issue).

3. P2P teams

4. More Colors.

5. Have client not jump back down automatically in main server chat when you want to scroll up for something. (happens when someone sends a message) And maybe an easy way to go back to the bottom so the chat continues (instead of trying to get back to the bottom when someone sends a message which can be annoying. Maybe a lock or unlock button? Just a suggestion.

6. Have "control a" work (copies all messages, or the message in the specific box your in) aka main chat and game chat.

7. The ability to know what you're in when you join something.

8. The ability to right click someones name and private message(chat) them

9. Make the client re-sizable.

10. When you have a server in the local list, you're able to right click it to make it go from the servers ip address, to the latency(ping), but when you right click again, it does nothing. It does not go back to the ip address.

11. A spot to put an automated message that appears every time someone joins the room.

12. When someone presses leave game while the game is running, when you close the game and try to join another room it will say game is already running. You have to rejoin the server every time.

~AsylumSmash~

ssbstreak

Smash Cadet
I've got a request though many people might not want it.

Could you give me a option or make it to where any time someone curses or says something unfit/nasty that it would be bleeped out or put in symbols kinda like #)(*#&^ or something of the such?

The main reason for this is my parents and the fact that they'll kill me if they see it and also I just hate cursing period.

Keep up the great work!!!!

And this :D though as I said most people won't need/want it.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
And this :D though as I said most people won't need/want it.
I probably won't ever do this because there are so many simple ways around a swear filter (by putting spaces, etc.), so even if I wanted to, it would be much more complicated that you might think.

Instead though, you just might see re-sizable windows in the next release ;)

ssbstreak

Smash Cadet
I probably won't ever do this because there are so many simple ways around a swear filter (by putting spaces, etc.), so even if I wanted to, it would be much more complicated that you might think.

Instead though, you just might see re-sizable windows in the next release ;)

Yea I understand. Anyways thanks!

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Release 10 is done. The OP will be edited with the updated link.

- **The kaillera window is now resizable!** [idea: various]
--- (The p2p window will be resizable in the next release)
--- The aesthetics might be redone at some point, but I'm just happy it works.
- **Both p2p and Kaillera Window placements and sizes are now saved!** [idea: Asylum]
- Fixed a bug where the create button could become greyed out if you try and fail and join a game. [idea: Asylum, I think, although his bug might be something different]
- Increased stability by fixing one crashing bug. There are, however, still plenty more to be found and fixed.

malva00

Smash Master
version 11 should let you kick yourself when you're host

this p2p client won't be perfect until this is implemented

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
I figured I'd tackle this list

Suggestions thus far:

1. Save the window placements. Both of the windows default to the center of the screen and the client doesn't save the user placement.

2. Override the emulator not being able to type numbers in game (if possible, since it is an emulator pj64k issue).

3. P2P teams

4. More Colors.

5. Have client not jump back down automatically in main server chat when you want to scroll up for something. (happens when someone sends a message) And maybe an easy way to go back to the bottom so the chat continues (instead of trying to get back to the bottom when someone sends a message which can be annoying. Maybe a lock or unlock button? Just a suggestion.

6. Have "control a" work (copies all messages, or the message in the specific box your in) aka main chat and game chat.

7. The ability to know what you're in when you join something.

8. The ability to right click someones name and private message(chat) them

9. Make the client re-sizable.

10. When you have a server in the local list, you're able to right click it to make it go from the servers ip address, to the latency(ping), but when you right click again, it does nothing. It does not go back to the ip address.

11. A spot to put an automated message that appears every time someone joins the room.

12. When someone presses leave game while the game is running, when you close the game and try to join another room it will say game is already running. You have to rejoin the server every time.

~AsylumSmash~
1. <Complete>
2. I cannot do without the p64k source code or hacking. This probably will not be done.
3. Not in the scope of this project, sorry :(
4. Perhaps, low priority though
5. Please see earlier release notes.
6. Hit end. Then hit Shift+Home. Q.E.D. (I probably won't code a ctrl+a keystroke trap, and it's not a built in message sent to that type of text box.)
7. Shouldn't you really know just by looking at the host? But maybe....
8. <Complete>
9. <Complete>
10. I hope to address this within the next week.
11. *spoiler* this will probably be available as of tomorrow's release
12. I confirmed that this is a server-side problem. Firo told me he would look at it when he had a free moment.

I didn't even know that you could right click servers on your favorites list!

Keep 'em coming

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Release 11 is done. The OP will be edited with the updated link.

- **p2p client is now resizable just like the kaillera client!** [idea: various]
- **There is now a place to specify a message that is automatically sent out when somebody joins your game!** [idea: Asylum]
--- The box currently has no label, but this will be fixed eventually.
- Fixed a bug that occured if you tried to PM someone while people were joining and leaving the server
- Fixed a bug where you could edit the text of the in-game chat window

Enjoy,
Owna

Untrust Us

Smash Journeyman
there's this bug where if you try to highlight text, the text somehow gets erased and mixed up with other text.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
I've got an idea.

LAG ALARM!

Option for the game hoster only.
Explaination: Have the option of enable/disable a lag alert system that automatically sends lagstats to a server (lets say each 20/30 seconds). Then, if someone lags (clearly) you receive a visual alert like a red light or something that makes you know who lags, so you dont have to
1) pause
2) do a lagstat
3) advice "...." player to try to fix the lag
The hoster of the game can also automatically send warning messages if someone lags.
Additional options: Ignore unless its more than "...." lagspikes

I think this will make it all a bit more simple and especially for the n00bs/newcomers

Top Bottom