• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

customized n02 kailleraclient

NixxxoN

Smash Master
Now I remember a feature that should really be added (dunno if it has been already suggested)

--> To be able to put names to recorded sessions

malva00

Smash Master
so who wants to take the dual kirby challenge?

I'll control two kirbys online at the same time and you'll have to defeat them both

EDIt: nvm makes my comp go crazy after a while

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
The video plugin freaks out after a while. You can still do it with 2 regular p64ks in separate folders if your computer can run two of them at the same time without lagging.

Firo and I should test that later today on kaillera since he will be at my house.

malva00

Smash Master
disabling the join/leave messages feels great

peace and quiet

how about a way to disable join/leave in chat but not in game?

NixxxoN

Smash Master
hmmm I've thought about one more thing. How about a feature that remembers the custom width you set to the window and the columns? So you dont have to set it up everytime...

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Make a feature so you can auto log back into server. But if you have a game open, make it close that game then log out and back in because if you don't it will lag your name into the server and you can't come back for a while.

Skrlx

Smash Champion
or make those people who blame the server cause of their crappy connection/computer even more mad because the server "sucks"

Skrlx

Smash Champion
I'm aware of that. Doesn't change the fact that some people still use their pentium III computer and still blame the server

malva00

Smash Master
why is the settings file being saved in my screenshots folder?

HOW ABOUT an option to advertise a p2p game

ssbstreak

Smash Cadet
What if instead of advertising that "soandso" of <-- is ping spoofing everytime someone joins your game, which is really annoying, could you make a slot beside ping that says "fakeping" when your using the ping spoofer that way there won't be any advertisements and you could still see if someone was using it or not because it would have the fake ping tab thing beside there normal ping tab.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
What if instead of advertising that "soandso" of <-- is ping spoofing everytime someone joins your game, which is really annoying, could you make a slot beside ping that says "fakeping" when your using the ping spoofer that way there won't be any advertisements and you could still see if someone was using it or not because it would have the fake ping tab thing beside there normal ping tab.
Then it wouldn't be compatible with other clients, i can't do this.

dsbtt

Smash Rookie
Ownasaurus, would you mind posting your .cht file as well? That would be really helpful ;)

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
When can we expect the next release????
I think I'm going to release the source code by Saturday. This way, people can make their own features. I don't know if there will be any other official releases cause I have to code for work all summer.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Ownasaurus, would you mind posting your .cht file as well? That would be really helpful ;)
Code:
Cheat43="item menu",891348E2 0004
Cheat43_N=
Cheat44="Battlefield in VS mode",800A4D09 000E
Cheat44_N=
Cheat45="Stock Mode",800A4D0B 0002
Cheat45_N=
Cheat46="Teams ON",800A4D0A 0001
Cheat46_N=
Cheat47="Items Off",800A4D24 0000
Cheat47_N=
Cheat48="Owna 5 stock",800A4D0F 0004
Cheat48_N=
Cheat49="FF ON",800A4D11 0001
Cheat49_N=
Cheat50="Kirby beta 1",800A4D09 000A
Cheat50_N=
Cheat51="Music Off",81099110 FFFF,81099112 FFFF
Cheat51_N=
These are the only codes I have ever used that are not included with p64k.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
(Triple post cause I'm bad)

The *source code* is finally available in the original post! I'm not sure if I'm going to make any more official releases, so let me say a few words:

This project has been a blast. What started out as simply adding a ping override for p2p turned into a massive n02 client overhaul. All of the features put into the client came from YOU - the ssb64 community. I spent countless hours over the span of several weeks coding this, so I hope you all can fully appreciate and enjoy the latest client and make the most of the source code. I would *strongly* recommend that people release whatever changes they make to the community, but there are no restrictions on using this code. Also, I added a few comments to make the code more readable and suggest a few features (do a search for "TODO:").

Please remember that a lot of the code is from the original n02 coders - including but not limited to the core netcode.

Enjoy,
Owna

P.S. You knowww you want to sticky this or link to it in the ***COME HERE FIRST*** thread.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Ah, boring. Only thing to add is the auto log back in with the auto close game to fix the chance of server lagging your name in sense you already did everything else >_>

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Ah, boring. Only thing to add is the auto log back in with the auto close game to fix the chance of server lagging your name in sense you already did everything else >_>
I'm hoping somebody will implement:
- remember sizes of divisions in the list thingies[fireblaster]

There's plenty more to be done if someone is looking for something to do, but the most crucial things are done already IMO.

Also Smasher, did you find the part of the code dedicated to you? :p

ssbstreak

Smash Cadet
I have so much time it's unbelievable. I literally don't have anything to do 24/7, but I have no idea how to edit a source code :/.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
I'm hoping somebody will implement:
- remember sizes of divisions in the list thingies[fireblaster]

There's plenty more to be done if someone is looking for something to do, but the most crucial things are done already IMO.

Also Smasher, did you find the part of the code dedicated to you? :p
Yes, And i found that out in hex editor too when i was trying figure out were the is spoofing was so i could get emulinker X admin client from jares.

Agent_21

Smash Apprentice
I have experience editing that client's source, but I'm not a super pro in coding in C++ but I'll be able to make minor changes to the source.

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
I have experience editing that client's source, but I'm not a super pro in coding in C++ but I'll be able to make minor changes to the source.

Do you know how to convert a action that was written in C, into C++?

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
Do you? !!!!
Anyhow I'm willing to answer basic questions about the format of the source code if anyone needs help :)
Theres a DS emulator thats completely written in C++. And the kaillera source code in mame which i look at to add kaillera too is written in C. It was easy adding it to emulators written in C/C++ but only C++ written i don't know what to do. I asked for some help from zilmar on pj64 forums but he said not to ask questions about DS emulators or any other emulator besides pj64 on though forums.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
C++ is entirely backwards compatible. All of the C language is included in the description of the C++ language. So unless different libraries are being used or something like that, the C code should work in a C++ project.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
C and C++.... its all about knowing the differences... i mean, you simply gotta know how to code

Smasherx74

Smash Journeyman
C and C++.... its all about knowing the differences... i mean, you simply gotta know how to code

You stfu. you don't even know anything about C/C++. All you know how to do is make stupid little files like webbrowsers and spam bot things in visual C++.

NixxxoN

Smash Master
You stfu. you don't even know anything about C/C++. All you know how to do is make stupid little files like webbrowsers and spam bot things in visual C++.
obvious troll is obvious
im a CS student and I've coded a lot of stuff in C#
Once you know a language, you have to adapt to the new one and coding is still coding

malva00

Smash Master
random post

but one of my hiking group leaders told me that a lot of computer people who come out of school don't even know how to write code and use it to their advantage or something <__<

Top Bottom