• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

customized n02 kailleraclient

Skrlx

Smash Champion
Can somebody add a rejoin button on this thing like supraclient?

DMoogle

A$
Can somebody add a rejoin button on this thing like supraclient?
+1. Lagging out DS is kind of unstable in this client.

I'd still like those colors to be fixed, my problem is the exact same as ciaza's.

One other thing: sometimes when P2Ping, it hangs indefinitely at "Muffin loaded, waiting for donut," and sometimes I need to restart PJ64k to successfully try again. What causes this?

dandan

Smash Lord
One other thing: sometimes when P2Ping, it hangs indefinitely at "Muffin loaded, waiting for donut," and sometimes I need to restart PJ64k to successfully try again. What causes this?
the usual cause of this is that someone did not refresh their roms list. a quick press of f5 always solves this in my experience.

DMoogle

A$
It happens totally randomly. Like, we'll start P2Ping and we'll begin fine, then for whatever reason we have to restart (soft DS, graphics error, lag out, etc), then we'll start again, and it'll hang there.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Can I suggest that you save the position of the windows next time you launch the client? I hate how it gets centered to my screen every time I open it.
What version are you using? That was fixed a long, long time ago. The only reason I can think of why it'd be doing that is if you don't have write permissions in the p64 folder (to save the window position)... which would be really odd.

nuro

Smash Lord
What version are you using? That was fixed a long, long time ago. The only reason I can think of why it'd be doing that is if you don't have write permissions in the p64 folder (to save the window position)... which would be really odd.
You're correct. I was using the 2007 version. I updated and it works great.

Another suggestion is to always have the emulator window move to the top when a game is started. I know it will move the emulator window to the top the first time you open the emulator and start the game but once that game ends and someone else joins and you start the game again the emulator window wont move to the top.

Example- I start the emulator up, start the client up, join a server, start a game and the emulator window moves to the top. Then the person I was playing has to leave so I end the game, someone else joins, and I start the game but the emulator window doesn't move to the top.

EDIT- The change log says "- **Newer games should now always go to the top!**", but that is not the case for me..

dandan

Smash Lord
the newer games to the top means new games that are hosted on servers so they will be at the top of the waiting games list, if i am not mistaken.

captain

Smash Rookie
Hi, direct question: is there any way to remove the annoying msg "<-- is ping spoofing!" ??!

dandan

Smash Lord
Hi, direct question: is there any way to remove the annoying msg "<-- is ping spoofing!" ??!
he released his source code, if you are that interested in it, you can download it and remove it from the code yourself. there is no option to do that in the current build.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Yeah, sorry captain... it's a minor attempt to prevent abuse. But yeah... a trivial edit to the code could take that out if you were that determined.

P.S. I coded a Java Kaillera client that I might release once I get free time in my life again. (It doesn't work with an emulator :( but it's still kinda cool.)

captain

Smash Rookie
Yeah, sorry captain... it's a minor attempt to prevent abuse. But yeah... a trivial edit to the code could take that out if you were that determined.

P.S. I coded a Java Kaillera client that I might release once I get free time in my life again. (It doesn't work with an emulator :( but it's still kinda cool.)
Ok thanks! but pleaseeeeeeeee give me some kind of hint here, I have no idea about how to edit or use this code. I HAVE found a .cpp file where the "<--is ping spoofing" sentence is writen. Someone told me to leave a space between the " ", so I edited it but now I dont know where this .cpp file is supposed to be placed, of course I pasted it in the same folder with the emulator, but nothing changed. What can I do?
THANKS IN ADVANCE FOR YOUR HELP

Battlecow

Play to Win
Bro, we don't want you to know how. If you spoof and we don't know that you spoof, you might end up lagging the **** out of us without our knowledge. It's just bad form to join a game without letting people know you're spoofing.

Fynal

Smash Journeyman
Bro, we don't want you to know how. If you spoof and we don't know that you spoof, you might end up lagging the **** out of us without our knowledge. It's just bad form to join a game without letting people know you're spoofing.
totally agree

on another note, do you think a future client could have a method of letting you watch (receive data only) a running game w/o being there at the start of the game or lagging it or being allowed to talk in that room?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
totally agree

on another note, do you think a future client could have a method of letting you watch (receive data only) a running game w/o being there at the start of the game or lagging it or being allowed to talk in that room?
this seems very reasonable since mods and admins can already do this.

Correct me if im wrong, but doesnt this imply that there is already a spectate code written which could be applied to everyone.

I would also like this feature.

dandan

Smash Lord
if you want to see 1v1 on server, you can add massive frame delay to yourself (say be at 20 frames) thus you are sure you will not add lag.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
^^ have you ever tried this though? On some servers when I tried to *increase* my frame delay, it capped at a certain point.

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
I think the general thinking is spectating for 2v2. But I can see lag being a problem.

Does spoofing actually make you lag less?

dandan

Smash Lord
^^ have you ever tried this though? On some servers when I tried to *increase* my frame delay, it capped at a certain point.
yeah i have, i recorded some matches between fellow europeans with me on 20 frames.

dandan

Smash Lord
no, on server, they both got 1-2 frames to the server and i added like 15 frames to myself so it ran very smoothly.

firo

Smash Ace
this seems very reasonable since mods and admins can already do this.

Correct me if im wrong, but doesnt this imply that there is already a spectate code written which could be applied to everyone.

I would also like this feature.
You are wrong - mods and admins can join running games but cannot actually see whats going on in the game; their emulators do not start. This is obviously a good feature that I would like to see too, but it would require modifications both to kaillera clients and the server. The networking stuff required to get it working would be very tedious.

redwes

Smash Rookie
The file is no longer available. :(

File not available
The following file is not available:

http://rapidshare.com/files/399779541/kailleraclient.dll101 KB

The file of the above link no longer exists. This could be for several reasons:

* The uploader deleted the file
* The file contained illegal contents and was deleted from our Abuse team
* The file is incorrect
* The file was uploaded through a free Account and reached the maximum number of downloads

RapidPro expired.

EDIT: ...and my copy of it quite working. :(

EDIT 2: ...and the normal version of Kailera is in Spanish due to the modified Project 64 KVE I have(no kailera reset plug-ins issues). I can set it back to English, but not kailera... :(

EDIT 3: I fixed the Spanish. :) ...but no more extras. :(

Keep~

Smash Cadet
You are wrong - mods and admins can join running games but cannot actually see whats going on in the game; their emulators do not start. This is obviously a good feature that I would like to see too, but it would require modifications both to kaillera clients and the server. The networking stuff required to get it working would be very tedious.
i'm pretty sure it was possible on the old 0.86 server unless suprafast removed that feature

redwes

Smash Rookie
customized n02 kailleraclient Broken

I have a problem. When I join a server(ex. The Galaxy) the window that is suppose to replace the server select window doesn't show up anymore. It just randomly quite working one day. I even redownloaded it from another source and it didn't fix it. The nomal versions of kailera don't have this problem, only yours does. :(

Screenshot 1(blurred unimportant parts)
It shows up in the taskbar but where is it?...(The blurred window isn't it.)

Screenshot 2
See that tiny window? That's it.

Any fix to this? It use to work then it just quite... :( Reinstalling(uninstalling reg.s, deleting folder and replacing it again) Project 64 KVE doesn't help ether. My version is modified but it's been working perfectly fine with your client until one random day when *POOF!*, it quits working.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Dunno, man, but Mupen does the same. It has nothing to do with Kaillera, but when I open Mupen, it's just a teeny tiny thing that looks like yours. Gotta pull it down with the window dragging option to make it larger.

Can't you just expand it that way?

redwes

Smash Rookie
Nothing works to fix it...

Dunno, man, but Mupen does the same. It has nothing to do with Kaillera, but when I open Mupen, it's just a teeny tiny thing that looks like yours. Gotta pull it down with the window dragging option to make it larger.

Can't you just expand it that way?
I can only see the window in "Switch between windows". Not even task manager can get it to show up.

Cascade - fail
Stacked - fail
Side by Side - fail
restore - fail
move - fail
size - fail
maximize - fail
Switch to - fail
Bring to front - fail

Nothing works. :confused:

EDIT: I got it to work by use project 64 K(not KVE) instead of KVE 1 time, then *POOF!*, it works on both K and KVE.

EDIT: Look in your mupenk folder, does it include the original mupen exe? If so, run it 1 time. See if that fixes your problem.

Sempiternity

Smash Lord
Nah, I just have Mupen64k, but it's really not a big deal since it's not hard to fix each time. I have no clue why yours started to work (or why it stopped), but, hey, it's working now, so don't ask anymore questions!

felipe_9595

Smash Lord
Delete the N02 file ijn the emu folder, you will lost all your servers, but the windows is gonna start again ;D

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
how is doing that going to make it save chat logs?
It was probably a misunderstanding.

But all someone has to do is to getwindowtext --> fprintf / fstream to file. It would actually be a really easy and useful addition to the code.

Sadly though, I'm off to continue studying for my GI exam tomorrow -_-

Top Bottom