• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

customized n02 kailleraclient

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
I'd love ping spoofing message to come back....
I second this.

It doesn't help in game lag directly, though knowing if someone is spoofing helps to weed out high pingers with no spikes. (sorry fellow hispanics)

good to know it's not available atm for trolltime. :)

edit: THANKS FOR A BETTER CLIENT, OWNA.
(i refuse to stop thanking owna/firo.)

Limaçon

Smash Apprentice
Would it be possible to make a client option to restrict kaillera to a range of ports? I am tired of being unable to play because someone else is watching youtube when it could be fixed in ten seconds with QOS if kaillera didn't use a random port from the whole range.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Would it be possible to make a client option to restrict kaillera to a range of ports? I am tired of being unable to play because someone else is watching youtube when it could be fixed in ten seconds with QOS if kaillera didn't use a random port from the whole range.
The port is actually determined by the server. However, I guess the client could be modified to keep asking for ports until it gets one you want.... That could potentially make connecting pretty slow though.

Honkatonk

Smash Rookie
I can get one friend to connect to me p2p using tunngle (virtual LAN program thing), but it won't ever let 2 people connect at once. 1v1 it's virtually lagless and barely ever desyncs except for certain games, but the third person will always get stuck at "Connecting". Any fixes?

dandan

Smash Lord
Would it be pointless to include support for characters such as
教程?
support for these sort of characters depends on non unicode character support and not on the program itself.
to allow support for these chars, you can change the non unicode language to japanese (it is japanese, right?).

another option is to download applocale from microsoft and opening pj using it with japanese, very easy and does not require fundamental system changes like the first one, that is what i used when i got into the japanese server.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
dandan is right.

I warn you though, changing your non unicode support can really mess up kaillera. Whenever someone with foreign characters would join, all the posts would align themselves horizontally rather than vertically.

<ciaza> sdfsdf <aa>d gfdsfdsfsdsf <1der> dsfdsfsdf

as opposed to

<ciaza> dfg dfg
<aa> fdgfdg
<1der> fdg fdgdfs

Point is you should be wary about doing it =|

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
Wow. Did not know about the applocale method. Too bad I can't try it out since all the Japanese servers are down or I reach their max ping. I usually connect to aokaok but that's been down for a while :(

As for the horizontal text, I believe that happens in non-Japanese servers or the client itself. I've used the Japanese client and no horizontal text.

The Star King

Smash Hero
dandan is right.

I warn you though, changing your non unicode support can really mess up kaillera. Whenever someone with foreign characters would join, all the posts would align themselves horizontally rather than vertically.

<ciaza> sdfsdf <aa>d gfdsfdsfsdsf <1der> dsfdsfsdf

as opposed to

<ciaza> dfg dfg
<aa> fdgfdg
<1der> fdg fdgdfs

Point is you should be wary about doing it =|
It wouldn't surprise me if those are typical Australian kaillera conversations :troll:

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Nar.

Typical Australian conversation:

(09:00:32PM) <Recovered Dsc> yeah i was just playing with your ballsack ray. dw bout it.
(09:01:03PM) <Recovered Dsc> nice ballsack btw
(09:01:07PM) <Recovered Dsc> very firm,
(09:01:10PM) <Recovered Dsc> and tender
(09:01:17PM) <Recovered Dsc> nice amount of wrinkles.
(09:01:20PM) <Recovered Dsc> like the round feel to it.
(09:01:54PM) <Recovered Dsc> WEEEEEEEEEEEEEEELim off the to bed.
(09:02:01PM) <Recovered Dsc> ill see you tomorow night ray
(09:02:06PM) <Recovered Dsc> at franks party?
(09:02:06PM) <bigray> ok dsc
(09:02:10PM) <Recovered Dsc> youll be there right?
(09:02:19PM) <Recovered Dsc> ah sweet. its gonna be awesome lol
(09:02:21PM) <bigray> when are you gonna change your name back to normal dsc
(09:02:25PM) <Recovered Dsc> FINE
(09:02:26PM) * Parts: Recovered Dsc (kro we're trying to have a serious conversation)
(09:02:30PM) * Joins: Normal Dsc (Ping: 42)
(09:02:34PM) <Normal Dsc> you going to the party or not/
(09:02:46PM) <bigray> na sorry i cant make it
(09:02:50PM) <Normal Dsc> due to...?
(09:02:50PM) <bigray> ive got basketball tomorrwo
(09:02:54PM) <Normal Dsc> oh yeah lol
(09:03:02PM) <Normal Dsc> franks gonna be upset
(09:03:06PM) <Normal Dsc> you're playing spanking hestingales right>
(09:03:20PM) <bigray> i dont know what that means
(09:03:22PM) <Normal Dsc> mate
(09:03:27PM) <Normal Dsc> grow a pair of apples
(09:03:27PM) * Parts: Normal Dsc (kro we're trying to have a serious conversation)
Yep.

FYI Frank does not exist.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Then you'll just be 'asian'.

I guess you could be asianamerican though.

If you abandon the aussie part I'll inherit it, so I can be ciazaussie.

Glöwworm

Smash Lord
He'll still be the AussieCheeseball because there's some guy on galaxy that goes under "Cheese Ball" so I guess he's the American Cheeseball.

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Don't be obnoxious. I gave you my reasons why, and at least I acknowledge my bias unlike some Pokemon nostalgia****.
This is very true, my love for DBZ stems from the same thing.

In all honest though i gave pokemon past 2nd gen a chance but i genuinely didn't enjoy it..probably because i was "too old" (for the lack of better words) for the games.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
Cut him some slack aa. SK's probably judging by the animes (I think), I would presume you're judging from the manga. Naruto anime fight scenes arguably better than One Piece's.

I watch the Pain fight like every week or so.

ciaza

Smash Prodigy
Premium
It's hard to tell when you take such things so seriously xD

I like the Star Driver avy.

The Star King

Smash Hero
Actually I watched the Naruto anime and read the One Piece manga. Not really fair but w/e

And I never said Naruto > One Piece, I only said One Piece was eh and Naruto was OK. So I was like, giving my gut feeling about them, and One Piece is hurt by this because everybody raves about it and I don't see what's so special, so it makes me feel "eh" about it. Hard to explain in words.

This is a horrible post

The Star King

Smash Hero
*tries to remember what the Grand Line is*

Yeah I read like 20 volumes

If it takes THAT long to get good can you blame me?

JaimeHR

Smash Ace
For the "p2p replays" I was wondering it is possible make the File name to display first instead of the game name on playback menu (right now the file name is quite "hidden"), that would help to identify .kerc files easier.

It also would be nice it we could rename those files on the playback menu.

Purtle

Smash Journeyman
You need to change the link in the first post because megaupload no longer exists.

/haven't posted in years.

Top Bottom