• Welcome to Smashboards, the world's largest Super Smash Brothers community! Over 250,000 Smash Bros. fans from around the world have come to discuss these great games in over 19 million posts!

You are currently viewing our boards as a visitor. Click here to sign up right now and start on your path in the Smash community!

customized n02 kailleraclient

swede55

Smash Rookie
Great job!

Any chance you could make it remember if you've ticked "Record game" so you don't need to tick it for each match? Or alternatively release another build that always has it ticked?

th3kuzinator

Smash Master
You should not have to uncheck that box, it should stay on the whole time after being checked.

Even if it did not, thats pretty lazy of you :p

ssbstreak

Smash Cadet
As soon as I possibly can I am going to learn C++ code to start making a few personal modifications to this client.

It's still the best one out there and I'm very glad that owna made it.

gamax92

Smash Rookie
!!! IDEA ALERTS !!!

Warning, an idea is forming...

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

a sorta custom ip checker.

like if someone entered an ip and that ip could never be a kailera server because the port or ip numbers.

I.E: 4357.32462.246736.536356:43857384
I.E: 1.1.1.1:1
I.E: (Completly bogus IP addresses.)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Fake the server to think youre using Mupen but u are really using PJ64k

and try to make the packets compatible with a converter of some sort

(are the packets really that different?)

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Some sorta command that deal with desynch and try to fix it. like if a packet could be sent to the player that changes their emu to ... Wow i dont know how to say that. ... like a save sate sent over a packet so they come back to life.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Ideas will be added to this post.

EDIT: Yes im a noob.

EDIT2: and i cannot compile.

EDIT3: I cannot make the mods my self because i am a noob and i knew something about C/C++ but forgot it.

*bump*

sharksquail

Smash Ace
So I tried to use this .dll today, and I got this error message. "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application." any ideas on fixing this issue. I'm using XP on a bootcamped mac if that matters.

firo

Smash Ace
I might be mistaken but I think that means that you need to download the Windows visual C++ redistributable, which you can find through Google from Microsoft. If that doesn't work you can try searching for that particular error message.

KnitePhox

Smash Lord
Would it be possible to make the "Add to Local List" button work, as it does for viewing the 'server list,' while viewing the 'waiting games' list?

Just a thought

firo

Smash Ace
I'm not sure what you mean. Waiting games change so adding one to the local list would not be useful. Are you suggesting to add the server of the waiting game to the local list?

jimmyjoe

Filthy Hori
Premium
So I tried to use this .dll today, and I got this error message. "The application failed to initialize properly (0xc0150002). Click on OK to terminate the application." any ideas on fixing this issue. I'm using XP on a bootcamped mac if that matters.
I was getting this too, and probably not coincidentally, I'm also using XP on a bootcamped mac. I finally got past this error message by downloading every visual c++ redistributable. I think after the 2008 sp1 file it worked. If anyone else is having this problem, try that one in particular, but it definitely is a visual c++ problem, because mine now works.

Looking forward to trying some p2p matches :D

Thanks FIRO for the solution, and thanks sharksquail for asking!

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Release 18 is done. The OP will be edited with the updated link.

- **completely removed "<-- is ping spoofing" message due to popular demand**
- patched up a fewe security holes
--- fixed a potental crash bug that could happen while sending a PM
--- fixed a potential crash bug involving the username and the quit message
- **The IP copy feature is now working once again!**
--- It had stopped working due to a change in the functionality of the website "whatismyip.com"
- join/leave messages are now individually toggleable both for the server window and the game window
- improved replay functionality
--- You can now stop all replays with the brand new "Stop" button :)

Enjoy,
Owna

.........Surprise update FTW :)

malva00

Smash Master
japanese p2p client has stop and fast forward for replays

i heard this one doesn't have fast forward?

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Either way people don't want to play with the laggers, so there's no advantage to trying to fake your ping. This was the main reason why I decided to remove the message.

I imagine implementing a fast forward button would be tricky... but I'll consider giving it a shot. How fast does the japanese client go during fast forward?

dandan

Smash Lord
I'd reckon implementing the same speeds as in sc2 would be great (meaning x2, x4 and x8).
I would think once you write the functionality to fast forward the replay by double the speed, it will work for speeding it up again on the new speed; and just limit it at x8.
you then of course have to program the ability to lower the speed back to normal.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
I'd reckon implementing the same speeds as in sc2 would be great (meaning x2, x4 and x8).
I would think once you write the functionality to fast forward the replay by double the speed, it will work for speeding it up again on the new speed; and just limit it at x8.
you then of course have to program the ability to lower the speed back to normal.
The problem is I think the replays are just a series of button presses that are then replayed, so I think the only way to fast forward would be to increase the FPS limit... right? I'm not sure what to do because I've never implemented such a function.

malva00

Smash Master
yeah when I press fast forward the FPS hovers around 300 lol

you can also pause from the fast forward, then when you unpause it'll fast forward again

malva00

Smash Master
when i click for the IP, it gives me ÐJ:27888

and when I click on host, sometimes it takes FOREVER to get to the p2p window. it freezes for a few seconds

and i think it shows the wrong p2p version in p2p

oh whoops sorry for the double post

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
ip button is broken...AGAIN
Sorry, but this is out of my control :(. This is due to the website whatismyip.com going through many changes. http://automation.whatismyip.com/n09230945.asp is the link where I get your IP from, and right now, it says "service unavailable." I imagine it will work again as soon as their site is fixed.

Malva - Thanks for the replay info. I have never seen the p2p freeze thing you are talking about. Does anybody else experience this bug?

Surri-Sama

Smash Hero
Either way people don't want to play with the laggers, so there's no advantage to trying to fake your ping. This was the main reason why I decided to remove the message.
I'd far rather the heads up...

Not like i dont already have to leave 1/2 the games once they've started due to running at 50fps..this'll just make it more x.x

OWELL popular demand has it!

dandan

Smash Lord
i would say if you could temporarily change the limit to 120 for example, and so on.
i did not post it previously but it could pose a problem with slower pcs (cannot reach the top end of the limit), though then it will just run as quickly as possible.
i would not say just limit the fps, because on some pcs, it will run way too fast (can run at 600 and more fps. fun fun). so yeah, just raise the limit, to 120, 240 and the such.

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
can somebody please confirm that the ip lookup is functional once again?

findmyip uses images for the numbers, so that would take some more work to parse for the correct ip. i have never heard of ipchicken, but it seems like a good backup site.

Teknik

Smash Rookie
it's not possible to record a game if the roms name more than 20 Character but i play with some modified roms from goldeneye and it's not possible to record this roms without change ini file ...

It ise possible to expand to 30 or 40 character in the next version ?

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
I'll investigate it, thanks for the info

it's not possible to record a game if the roms name more than 20 Character but i play with some modified roms from goldeneye and it's not possible to record this roms without change ini file ...

It ise possible to expand to 30 or 40 character in the next version ?

Teknik

Smash Rookie
oh yeah ! Thx ^^
And a little suggestion the windows of playback it's not resizable and if we rename a file to know wat is it .... The name appear in "fn" section but we musst rezize all section to see that ;o)
i think is more simple if the original size of windows are much weigth to can see all section without manually rezize ?

Valnar22

Smash Rookie
hey i have a nice idea : how about adding a key or a setable button to swap between player 1-2 on p2p for playing one player games in multiplayer or multiplayer games where only one controler is used (hotseat) also somthing like a savestate support would be nice ( i gues that isnt possible without cooperating/changeing the emulator :< )

Teknik

Smash Rookie
hey i have a nice idea : how about adding a key or a setable button to swap between player 1-2 on p2p for playing one player games in multiplayer or multiplayer games where only one controler is used (hotseat) also somthing like a savestate support would be nice ( i gues that isnt possible without cooperating/changeing the emulator :< )
with N-rage input plugin that it's possible when you are in game go to input option and uncheck you'r controller is plugged after the player 2 are player one. But this got désync sometimes ... Maybe before changing this all player must pause emulation . And if you play on kaillera take a server Emulinker if the créator of Emulinker allow swap player when you play you can type /swap 1,2,3,4 on chat box and this will swap player

Ownasaurus

Smash Journeyman
Teknik - I'll see what I can do if I make another release

Shablivion - :)

Valnar22 - I think the idea of a p2p hotseat is cool. I'm nto sure how many people would use it though, so I'm not sure if I will take the time to code it... but I will think about it :). I think you are correct - savestates in multiplayer would involve emulator modification, and I don't think I can do that. I think snes9k has that functionality though using their integrated netplay....

Valnar22

Smash Rookie
with N-rage input plugin that it's possible when you are in game go to input option and uncheck you'r controller is plugged after the player 2 are player one. But this got désync sometimes ... Maybe before changing this all player must pause emulation . And if you play on kaillera take a server Emulinker if the créator of Emulinker allow swap player when you play you can type /swap 1,2,3,4 on chat box and this will swap player
yeah i know that swap commands their are also in the unnoficial kalliera server but : you cant use it in p2p plus i tryed this with my friend and if you need to swap often it getting so annoying that its not fun anymore.. to the savestate support yeah snes9x have it but it mostly causes ds but anyway i found yesterday a new project64k (version 0.28) its compatible with projct64k / kve have much bug fixes plus it will have savestate support in future so we just can make for example a savestate when you notice that your mario party session ds a few secs ago load it and continue :)

Teknik

Smash Rookie
i play mario party online with mupen ++ When the game start i puch start menu and enable save on every turn if the game DS we restart the game and the save hare in game

malva00

Smash Master
dunno if anyone has mentioned this but i would LOVEEEEEEEEEE a way to sort my local list (favorite servers) like drag them up and down and put them in whatever order i want

LOOOOOOOOOOOOOOVE

Top Bottom